NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

My playoff hopes have been completely destroyed...

being a packer fan, I was of course cheering for the Pack, and yet again, they bit the big juicy one when they needed to win the most...

As far as AFC I was pulling for the Chargers, underdogs rule....

Now with the packers and the chargers gone, I've come to a conclusion...

The only teams I wouldn't mind watcing in the Super Bowl are the Rams and Jets...

Why?

New England Patriots I can stand Tom "The Glory Boy" Brady...the Patriots as a whole don't impress me 100%, I'm just not sold on the fact that they are one of th ebest teams in the league.

PIttsburgh Steelers - THere's a fat guy I know from work, he's a complete asshole and he's a steeler fan...if he wasn't a Steeler fan I would root for them considering I've always had a liking for them before I met this guy...but since meeting him, fuck the steelers....

Colts - I'm so sick and tired of Manning...I mean really...Edgerrin James pounds down the field into the redzone, and Manning tosses up a 15 yard touchdown pass...BOOOORING! Well I can't deny the fact that the colts entire offense is completely 100% amazing...but still, seeing Underdogs win is way cooler.

Eagles - I hate them for the fact that when they lose they will say "Well we didn't have T.O. in" just like last year "Oh...Brian Westbrook was hurt" Fuck the Eagles...I hate them .02% less than I hate the Vikings.

Vikings - I am a Green Bay Packer fan from the Green Bay are...when you come to Lambeau there's something you just don't do...DON'T MOON THE FUCKING CROWD! (Ok, so he didn't really moon them, but he acted out the act of mooning) Randy Moss has by far the worst attitude of any player in the league, I would go as far as to saying his ego is bigger than Terrell Owens' which is fucking hard to do. Plus, the Vikings where purple.

Falcons I'm sick of Michael Vick...

My Superbowl Hopes and Dreams Rams over Jets 27 - 21

My superbowl Prediction Colts over Falcons 38 - 27

I'm done ranting...

thanks for listening,

jason_

PS Anyone who think Favre will retire, shhh!! He can't...would you retire having your last memory being a 4 interception game against Daunte Cullpepper and the Afro-Puffs?

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BacknBlackHoez

"Vikings - I am a Green Bay Packer fan from the Green Bay are...when you come to Lambeau there's something you just don't do...DON'T MOON THE FUCKING CROWD! (Ok, so he didn't really moon them, but he acted out the act of mooning)"

I hate the Pack, so i loved it when he "mooned" them.

People are just too sensitive. "OH MY GOD MY KID SAW A BLACK MAN PRETEND TO PULL HIS PANTS DOWN!" Meanwhile half of the shows on MTV have worse things than what Moss did, and the parents let the kids watch those as much as they want.

Edited by SkinMySenses

Guest Wrestling_Man

I'm not a New York Jets fan but I'm gonna say it anyway. I honestly think that they can give the Pittsburgh Steelers a run for there money and beat them. I think that after there victory in San Diego, that thumbtack that needed to go up there asses just did and now they are motivated to beat a team that beat them earlier in the year.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Associated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Fox Sports turned down Minnesota Vikings owner Red McCombs' request to remove play-by-play announcer Joe Buck from Sunday's divisional playoff game at Philadelphia over his sharp criticism of wide receiver Randy Moss.

After Moss caught a touchdown pass in last weekend's win at Green Bay, the wide receiver celebrated in the end zone by pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Packers fans before briefly wiggling his back side against the goalpost. Buck immediately called it a "disgusting act."

McCombs said that statement was out of line. A two-sentence news release issued by the team said McCombs felt Buck's comments "suggested a prejudice that surpassed objective reporting."

Dan Bell, a Fox spokesman, said the network has "no intention whatsoever" of removing Buck.

"We hope Mr. McCombs enjoys Joe's play-by-play call Sunday, because he'll be in the booth," Bell said.

McCombs, whose office is in San Antonio, was not immediately available for further comment.

Buck, during an interview on Sporting News Radio earlier this week, stood by his criticism.

"I have nothing against Randy Moss," Buck said. "I don't even know the guy. I just know that with the history that he's had, and coming off that game at Washington, it was just stunning to see that."

Moss drew plenty of negative scrutiny the week before for walking off the field in frustration while his teammates lined up for an onside kick with 2 seconds left in a 21-18 loss to the Redskins.

Has McCombs lost his mind?

I'm not a New York Jets fan but I'm gonna say it anyway.  I honestly think that they can give the Pittsburgh Steelers a run for there money and beat them.  I think that after there victory in San Diego, that thumbtack that needed to go up there asses just did and now they are motivated to beat a team that beat them earlier in the year.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Joe Buck really got on my nerves when the mossy-moon happened. It was just fun and games, and Buck blew it out of perportion.

Edited by BacknBlackHoez

People are just too sensitive. "OH MY GOD MY KID SAW A BLACK MAN PRETEND TO PULL HIS PANTS DOWN!" Meanwhile half of the shows on MTV have worse things than what Moss did, and the parents let the kids watch those as much as they want.

boy was that retarded or what......it had nothing to do with white or black. Quit being an idiot.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Associated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Fox Sports turned down Minnesota Vikings owner Red McCombs' request to remove play-by-play announcer Joe Buck from Sunday's divisional playoff game at Philadelphia over his sharp criticism of wide receiver Randy Moss.

After Moss caught a touchdown pass in last weekend's win at Green Bay, the wide receiver celebrated in the end zone by pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Packers fans before briefly wiggling his back side against the goalpost. Buck immediately called it a "disgusting act."

McCombs said that statement was out of line. A two-sentence news release issued by the team said McCombs felt Buck's comments "suggested a prejudice that surpassed objective reporting."

Dan Bell, a Fox spokesman, said the network has "no intention whatsoever" of removing Buck.

"We hope Mr. McCombs enjoys Joe's play-by-play call Sunday, because he'll be in the booth," Bell said.

McCombs, whose office is in San Antonio, was not immediately available for further comment.

Buck, during an interview on Sporting News Radio earlier this week, stood by his criticism.

"I have nothing against Randy Moss," Buck said. "I don't even know the guy. I just know that with the history that he's had, and coming off that game at Washington, it was just stunning to see that."

Moss drew plenty of negative scrutiny the week before for walking off the field in frustration while his teammates lined up for an onside kick with 2 seconds left in a 21-18 loss to the Redskins.

Has McCombs lost his mind?

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Randy Moss was fined $10,000 Thursday by the NFL for pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd during Minnesota's playoff win last weekend.

Peter Hadhazy, the league's director of game operations, penalized Moss for unsportsmanlike conduct in a letter that the NFL released.

'Your actions were based on poor judgment, did not reflect well on you or the Vikings, and were insulting to many,'' Hadhazy wrote.

'They have resulted in widespread criticism and needlessly detracted from Minnesota's dramatic playoff victory. Fans should look to you and your teammates to see how to compete and win in football. But when you lose your focus on playing and engage in sideshows as you did on Sunday, you forfeit much of this,'' he wrote.

Moss also briefly bumped the goalpost with his back end before hugging teammates in the end zone following his fourth-quarter touchdown catch that clinched the Vikings' 31-17 victory.

League rules mandate discipline for ``obscene gestures or other actions construed as being in poor taste.'' A fine for the first offense under those guidelines is $5,000.

Moss hasn't previously been fined for such an action, but he paid a $25,000 penalty in 1999 for squirting an official with a water bottle.

His agent, Dante DiTrapano, said the fine was unnecessary.

'If you can't have freedom of expression on the football field, come on,'' DiTrapano said.

Santana Moss just saved this game from being insanely dull. I really thought the Steelers could blow it open when they went up 10-0 fairly early. Thankfully though, the Jets didn't just roll over and die like some teams did last week *coughBroncoscough*.

Where do you live, Philly?

I'm a big Kimo fan. I remember two years ago in the playoffs against the Titans in Tennessee when he got rocked, flipped over in the air, landed on his head at a bad angle (well, there is no 'good' angle to fall on your head), his neck recoiled, and he did like a 180 or something like that. At least I think it was Kimo, the game was two years ago and the Steelers lost a heartbreaker (I tend to block our shit like that) so I don't remember... All I remember is... roughing the kicker... Bastard.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy