NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

"Oh my god! Manning's gonna kill us. The Colts are going to run up the scoreboard, the patriots are the underdogs. Manning's gonna pick apart the secondary. Colts defense is going to get to Brady"

In Reply: SHUT UP!

"Philly is rusty and they have no T.O. The recievers are going to have to step up now"

The Answer: "The People's Champ" Freddie Mitchell

Now that all the pretender teams are gone. We can now focus on the 4 most dominating teams this year in the NFL. Pittsburgh, New England, Philedelphia and Atlanta. Those 4 teams were the best teams this year, thats what I like about this year's playoffs. It's feel different from all those other ones.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad Indy lost, they need to be brought to reality that there was a reason they didn't get the bye, they weren't a top 4 team in the season. Sure they have a good Quarterback and a few good Wide Recievers but that doesn't make you a top team in the league. You need the experience, confidence and strength that the whole New England team. New England were the defending champs yet nobody gave them a chance to stopping Manning. Well they did more then that they made sure he got 0 Touchdowns. In the playoffs, 49 regular season touchdowns don't mean shit.

I'm so glad Indy lost, they need to be brought to reality that there was a reason they didn't get the bye, they weren't a top 4 team in the season. Sure they have a good Quarterback and a few good Wide Recievers but that doesn't make you a top team in the league. You need the experience, confidence and strength that the whole New England team. New England were the defending champs yet nobody gave them a chance to stopping Manning. Well they did more then that they made sure he got 0 Touchdowns. In the playoffs, 49 regular season touchdowns don't mean shit.

I think that if Indy had a few more good defensive players, and didn't have to rely on Freeney to do all the work, they would be a top 4 team. They have the most powerful offense in the league (with Manning, Harrison, James, Stokely, and the Edge) but their defense isn't going to win them a Super Bowl.

Indy does have strength, confidence, but are lacking in experience. Also, they seem to suck against New England.

By the way, Manning > Vick. Because 49 touchdowns is better than Vick's 14.

Edited by Corizzle

Say what you want, but Vick's team is going the NFC championship game while Manning's team went home. Plus, defense wins Super Bowls, and Indy sorely lacks in that department.

I know Indy lacks in defense, that's why I don't think they will win it all until they improve on the defense without having to get rid of their top offensive guys.

I hope Indy decides to pick up defensive players in this years draft. Because if they take a Wide Reciever or Quarterback, I'll yell a lot.

Say what you want, but Vick's team is going the NFC championship game while Manning's team went home. Plus, defense wins Super Bowls, and Indy sorely lacks in that department.

I know Indy lacks in defense, that's why I don't think they will win it all until they improve on the defense without having to get rid of their top offensive guys.

I hope Indy decides to pick up defensive players in this years draft. Because if they take a Wide Reciever or Quarterback, I'll yell a lot.

Indy losing made me happier than my Falcon's winning last night. Now if only Pittsburg would fucking lose!!

As far as Manning/Vick goes, there isn't a question in the world that Manning is a better passer than Vick. But if I were building a team without question I'd take Vick. Michael Vick can run and throw. He can throw off the run, as well. His ability to keep a play alive alone makes him more valuable than Manning. The only thing Vick needs to work on is trusting his recievers a little more and not taking the run quite as often.

Next week is looking to be great. Atlanta/Philly and New England/Pittsburgh.

I too am sick of the Steeler-hating. I'm just happy 'cause I picked them to go all the way at the beginning of the year, and it looks like there's a good chance I'll be right. Enough talk of the Colts needing a defense, that's not their only problem - as far as I can tell it was their offense choking this week.

EBG, got enough for your posse now?

Everyone seems to be basing the Manning/Vick debate on this weekends games.

Who did Manning play? The Defending Champions

Who did Vick play? The fucking Rams, an 8-8 team.

Manning would have torn through the Rams as well. Vick, well he's never played the Patriots so how can you say he'd have done any better?

Vick is getting way too much hype again this year and needs to show he can beat the NFC's top team, the Eagles, before you go saying he's better than Manning.

Stop comparing the two based upon records too. The NFC was horrid, where as the AFC was super competitive. If the Colts were in the NFC they'd have gotten a first round bye too, and they'd still be alive in the playoffs.

Manning can't perform against the Patriots, well I'm not forming an opinion on who's better untill I see what Vick can do against them.