NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

Let's take a look at my favorite division and yours the AFC North...

NOTE: The following could be construed as satire.

The Baltimore Convicts - Samari Rolle, Derrick Mason

The Cincinatti Bungles - TJ Houshmanzadeh

The Cleveland Stains - Can't remember. I think Trent Dilfer or someone like that.

The Pittsburgh Steelers - "The NFL's Second Best Wide Receiver" Cedrick Wilson + key RFA "the 5 foot wonder" Willie "I Played Awesome All Season Until The AFC Championship Game When I Fell Apart Like The Rest Of My Team" Williams

So as you can see, eventhough the Steelers have limited cap room the addition of Cedrick Wilson to take the spot of Antwaan Randle El as he steps in for Plaxico Burress will be HUGE! Cedrick Wilson is going to single handedly put the Steelers over the AFC Championship Game hump! Finally! The Roethlisberger-Ward-Sometimes Wilson Connection = SUPER BOWL BOUND BABY!

you are clearly the biggest moron ever, just do us all a favor and leave

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cleveland Stains - Can't remember. I think Trent Dilfer or someone like that.

The Pittsburgh Steelers - "The NFL's Second Best Wide Receiver" Cedrick Wilson + key RFA "the 5 foot wonder" Willie "I Played Awesome All Season Until The AFC Championship Game When I Fell Apart Like The Rest Of My Team" Williams

So as you can see, eventhough the Steelers have limited cap room the addition of Cedrick Wilson to take the spot of Antwaan Randle El as he steps in for Plaxico Burress will be HUGE! Cedrick Wilson is going to single handedly put the Steelers over the AFC Championship Game hump! Finally! The Roethlisberger-Ward-Sometimes Wilson Connection = SUPER BOWL BOUND BABY!

Lions sign offensive lineman DeMulling

Ford Field gets first Monday night game

March 17, 2005

BY CURT SYLVESTER

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

The Lions filled another hole in their lineup Wednesday when they agreed to contract terms with free agent offensive lineman Rick DeMulling, a three-year starter with the AFC South champion Indianapolis Colts.

The contract is believed to be a two-year deal worth $4.45 million.

DeMulling, 27, is the Lions' fourth major signing since the start of the free agent season March 2. They are left with two unsettled positions: right tackle and No. 3 wide receiver.

With DeMulling expected to start at left guard, the Lions are set at four of their five offensive line positions -- left tackle Jeff Backus, DeMulling, center Dominic Raiola and right guard Damien Woody -- and they might not go outside the organization for the right tackle.

Lions president Matt Millen and coach Steve Mariucci have indicated young, inexperienced linemen Victor Rogers or Kelly Butler will get a chance to compete for the right tackle job left vacant by the loss of Stockar McDougle to Miami.

David Loverne and Matt Joyce, who played left guard last year, will compete for backup jobs.

The Lions will probably look for a third receiver in free agency or the draft next month to play behind Charles Rogers and Roy Williams.

Earlier, the Lions signed strong safety Kenoy Kennedy of Denver, tight end Marcus Pollard of Indianapolis and backup quarterback Jeff Garcia.

Notebook: The Lions are finally getting a Monday night game -- their first in four years -- but it is coming with an asterisk attached. Their Monday night game against St. Louis on Aug. 29 at Ford Field is part of the Lions' four-game exhibition schedule announced Wednesday.

There is a possibility the Lions might also get a regular-season prime time game as part of the NFL's preparations for Super Bowl XL at Ford Field in February 2006.

The regular-season schedule is expected to be announced in early April.

The game against St. Louis will be the third of the Lions' four exhibition games preceding the 2005 regular season. The exact dates of the other three games have not been set but they include a road game against the New York Jets on the weekend of Aug. 11-15, the Cleveland Browns the weekend of Aug. 18-22 and the final exhibition at Buffalo Sept. 1 or 2.

The Lions haven't played a Monday night game since Oct. 8, 2001, when they lost, 35-0, to the St. Louis Rams at the Silverdome.

I really have to tip my hat to Matt Millen and the Lions staff on this one. They have remained active in Free Agency, signing Demulling is a great way to help fortify the offensive line. This is on top of three other great signings (Kennoy Kennedy, Marcus Pollard, and Jeff Garcia) on Millen's part, all signings that filled a specific need for the Lions. The remarkable thing is that we didn't break the bank for any of these players, they all signed very reasonable contracts. Now with these signings, we're really only needing a #3 WR and a starting LT, and my guess is the LT will come through the draft. I really believe this is our year to make alot of noise.

Get sarcasm much?

Dont get your hopes up about Garcia I think his best days are behind him and he isnt exactly a good leader, just look at what happen last season in Cleveland.

I'm aware that Garcia isn't up to his former level of play, but I think he'll make a decent back up. I'm not expecting him to win the starting job, I'm expecting Joey Harrington to improve his game immensely this year. I see Garcia as an insurance policy in case Joey is injured or falters. I don't see Garcia as the starter of this team, but an upgrade at the #2 QB position. I'm actually alot more excited about our othere three signings, and the upcoming draft.

Also in fairness to Garcia, he didn't exactly have a good supporting cast around him in Cleveland.

Guest Bluesman

Dragon, I found a site that looks pretty good for mock drafts, it's nfldraftcountdown.com.

The Vikes dealt a 7th rounder for Sam Cowart. I know there are some Jets fans here, could someone give a little background on him?

Dragon, I found a site that looks pretty good for mock drafts, it's nfldraftcountdown.com.

The Vikes dealt a 7th rounder for Sam Cowart. I know there are some Jets fans here, could someone give a little background on him?

I'm not a Jets fan, but they stole him. He's not the most healthy player in the world, but before Vilma stepped up to the place when Cowart got injured, Cowart was their starting MLB and was one of the veteran leaders on the team, I believe, and to get him for a 7th round pick, is a pretty good job by the Vikes, though I'm sure the Jets just wanted to dump his salary and give Vilma more confidence in the fact that he's going to be their guy.

If Cowart is able to string together a series of games without getting too banged up, he can be a decent -- if not slightly feared -- LB. To get him for a 7th round pick is as much a steal as getting Randy Moss for a fir....oh....