Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine, you keep believing that.

On another note, Fabregas is amazing, he really is at 17 years old and peforming like that every match he plays is phenonmaol. (sp?). He is going to be the best central midfielder in the world one day and THE PERFECT replacement long term for Vieira.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has sensationally revealed that he would consider signing former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu, who was sacked earlier this week for taking cocaine.

The Romanian is still waiting to see how long he will be banned from playing for, after testing positive for cocaine in September.

Chelsea cancelled Mutu's contact this week, before the Football Association meet to decide the player's fate.

The former Parma star will probably be banned for six months, but the suspension could be up to two years.

Despite the positive test, Wenger has confirmed he would consider a move for the man who cost Chelsea more than £15 million last summer.

"At the moment, I don't even wonder if that could happen because I think he will be suspended for a long period. But he will be like everybody else once he has been suspended," said Wenger.

"He has the right again to start from zero and to be open to any negotiations. I would then meet the player and see what he tells me."

"There are other players in this country who have been considered to be positive and they have played again for big clubs.

"There will be clubs who will give him a chance. One he has paid for it, you cannot say never.

"(Fabian) Barthez has been caught in France but it has not stopped others buying him or putting him in the national team again."

source: planetfootball.com

Personally, I would not mind signing him, seeing as it would be a free transfer. I would only like this though if he got through rehab and cleaned up his image, because he has the ability to get it done on the pitch when you see his Serie A record. Would be interesting, like Wenger said, never say never.

Im not too keen on the idea of him playing for Arsenal, apart from the drugs issue he didn't exactly dazzle Chelsea with goals.

We have great strikers and forwards and once Mutu's suspension ends I wouldn't see any point in siging him, espcially with the up and comers like Van Persie, Bentley, Aliedire(sp), it just keeps droping them down the pecking order when we keep signing highly valued players.

And they are more than capable of doing the job imo, maybe they need a little more experience, but once the Mutu ban is lifted if it is two years, then they will be ready and we won't need him, thats my opinion anyway.

You're completely free to take the cokehead. He'd do no better for you than he did for us...

You lot must of been shiting it when you went 2-1 down. Did you have the excuses ready? :P

Edited by Turbonegro

Guest Reyes Henry

You're completely free to take the cokehead.  He'd do no better for you than he did for us...

You lot must of been shiting it when you went 2-1 down.  Did you have the excuses ready?  :P

Manchester United will this week request that the Football Association take the strongest possible disciplinary action against Arsenal striker Thierry Henry as the aftermath from last Sunday's explosive match at Old Trafford continues.

Sir Alex Ferguson's club will point to an incident during United's 2-0 win in which Fredrik Ljungberg and Henry were involved in a foul on United defender Gabriel Heinze. That incident, in which it is alleged Henry assaulted the Argentine while he lay on the ground, will form the centre piece of a dossier United will present to the FA relating to occurrences on and off the field at Old Trafford.

To date, Ruud van Nistelrooy is the only man to have faced any FA sanction, having pleaded guilty to serious foul play for a challenge on Ashley Cole and having been issued with a three-match ban. However, Ferguson is angered by Arsenal's attitude towards the Dutchman and the manner in which his 'crime' was brought to the attention of the authorities and has demanded the FA treat any transgressions by Arsenal with the same vigour.

'You should check how the Ruud van Nistelrooy tackle was bought to the attention of the FA,' said Ferguson. 'There is supposed to be a system to deal with issues like that, but in this case the compliance officer stepped in and I think that is because of the publicity.

'If that is the case, who is deciding the discipline - the press, the FA, or the referees' committee? For instance, there was one outstanding incident in the game with Arsenal which is worse than Van Nistelrooy. We shall present that to the FA and see what they do.

'Edu produced a terrible tackle on Scholes that was a potential leg-breaker, but this was worse than that. The tackle on Heinze was terrible. You get the video, you watch that. What Henry did? That was bad.

'I don't understand why they target Ruud. I think they have a problem with him. I know Wenger had a chance to sign him. It could be that.'

United's observations will also cover the events that took place outside the dressing rooms in which Ferguson is said to have been covered in pizza and soup thrown by the losing players. A hasty agreement last Sunday between the clubs had supposedly led to a 'vow of silence' over the incident, but United are angered by what they see as leaks from Arsenal about the affair.

'We have undertaken our own investigation and we are compiling our own dossier for the FA about Arsenal's behaviour and we will give it to them and urge they act on it. We are not messing about,' said the United manager.

The alleged leaking of information by Arsenal has added ill feeling to the feud between English football's two biggest clubs and Ferguson has possibly worsened relations with his observations on what he believes is ingrained ill discipline at the London club.

'There is nothing wrong with Manchester United's discipline record,' he said. 'We have played Arsenal in the last two games, two important games, and they have had seven players booked and we have had three. There were 24 fouls in the game by Arsenal, seven on Heinze, five on Ronaldo, six by Vieira and it was only his sixth foul that got him booked. Phil Neville got booked for his first challenge.

'I am proud of my players for the way they handled that pressure. We have always been good at being gracious in defeat. What happened on Sunday overshadowed our achievement, but then they do it all the time, don't they?'

Guest Reyes Henry

Manchester United will this week request that the Football Association take the strongest possible disciplinary action against Arsenal striker Thierry Henry as the aftermath from last Sunday's explosive match at Old Trafford continues.

Sir Alex Ferguson's club will point to an incident during United's 2-0 win in which Fredrik Ljungberg and Henry were involved in a foul on United defender Gabriel Heinze. That incident, in which it is alleged Henry assaulted the Argentine while he lay on the ground, will form the centre piece of a dossier United will present to the FA relating to occurrences on and off the field at Old Trafford.

To date, Ruud van Nistelrooy is the only man to have faced any FA sanction, having pleaded guilty to serious foul play for a challenge on Ashley Cole and having been issued with a three-match ban. However, Ferguson is angered by Arsenal's attitude towards the Dutchman and the manner in which his 'crime' was brought to the attention of the authorities and has demanded the FA treat any transgressions by Arsenal with the same vigour.

'You should check how the Ruud van Nistelrooy tackle was bought to the attention of the FA,' said Ferguson. 'There is supposed to be a system to deal with issues like that, but in this case the compliance officer stepped in and I think that is because of the publicity.

'If that is the case, who is deciding the discipline - the press, the FA, or the referees' committee? For instance, there was one outstanding incident in the game with Arsenal which is worse than Van Nistelrooy. We shall present that to the FA and see what they do.

'Edu produced a terrible tackle on Scholes that was a potential leg-breaker, but this was worse than that. The tackle on Heinze was terrible. You get the video, you watch that. What Henry did? That was bad.

'I don't understand why they target Ruud. I think they have a problem with him. I know Wenger had a chance to sign him. It could be that.'

United's observations will also cover the events that took place outside the dressing rooms in which Ferguson is said to have been covered in pizza and soup thrown by the losing players. A hasty agreement last Sunday between the clubs had supposedly led to a 'vow of silence' over the incident, but United are angered by what they see as leaks from Arsenal about the affair.

'We have undertaken our own investigation and we are compiling our own dossier for the FA about Arsenal's behaviour and we will give it to them and urge they act on it. We are not messing about,' said the United manager.

The alleged leaking of information by Arsenal has added ill feeling to the feud between English football's two biggest clubs and Ferguson has possibly worsened relations with his observations on what he believes is ingrained ill discipline at the London club.

'There is nothing wrong with Manchester United's discipline record,' he said. 'We have played Arsenal in the last two games, two important games, and they have had seven players booked and we have had three. There were 24 fouls in the game by Arsenal, seven on Heinze, five on Ronaldo, six by Vieira and it was only his sixth foul that got him booked. Phil Neville got booked for his first challenge.

'I am proud of my players for the way they handled that pressure. We have always been good at being gracious in defeat. What happened on Sunday overshadowed our achievement, but then they do it all the time, don't they?'

Source

An eye for an eye?

Edited by Reyes Henry

You're completely free to take the cokehead.  He'd do no better for you than he did for us...

You lot must of been shiting it when you went 2-1 down.  Did you have the excuses ready?  :P

YOU CALLING US A WHINER, BITCH?

Apparently we should've been 3-0 up in the first half, but they were the much better team in the second half. Can't say anything about the match yday coz I didn't see it, but you're obviously refering to the Man Utd game the other day, and we weren't second best, and anyone that says otherwise was watching a different match.

Alex Ferguson is a fucking cock. I hate him, how Henrys "terrible foul" was worse than Ruud's is beyond me.

Why should we get points taken away, what the FUCK did we do wrong, if he wants to look at videos, why don't he look at how van Nistelrooy got Ipswich relegated, why don't he look at how Keane ended Haalands career, why don't he look at when Ruud forearmed smashged Lauren, why dont he look at when Ruud punched Freddie in the stomach, why don't he look at when Ruud nearly ended Ashleys career, why don't he look at when Ruud gave Legwinski a blakc eye and nearly fractured hos cheekbone.

See my point.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Went to the game yesterday, we could of been 3 or 4 up if we'd converted some complete sitters, but we know it sometimes doesn't work like that. I was in the North Bank just behind the goal, about 11 rows back, got a great view of the Van Persie strike.

We didn't deserve to lose, but So'ton went up fair and square (regardless of possession, etc) and many of their fans probably believe they should of won. Crystal Palace, next week, hopefully we can take back some points theres.

I want us to beat Palace but because I'm a bit of a Palace fan at heart (local club, but Arsenal are no.1) I don't want us to murderize them. Granted, I really wouldn't mind if we did, but I'd prefer a good old 1-0, keeps Palace's hopes up and we'll still be top on goal difference whatever happens I expect.

Alex Ferguson is a fucking cock. I hate him, how Henrys "terrible foul" was worse than Ruud's is beyond me.

Why should we get points taken away, what the FUCK did we do wrong, if he wants to look at videos, why don't he look at how van Nistelrooy got Ipswich relegated, why don't he look at how Keane ended Haalands career, why don't he look at when Ruud forearmed smashged Lauren, why dont he look at when Ruud punched Freddie in the stomach, why don't he look at when Ruud nearly ended Ashleys career, why don't he look at when Ruud gave Legwinski a blakc eye and nearly fractured hos cheekbone.

See my point.

From what I've heard from Man Utd fans (this is going from the ones I actually know, I haven't read the reaction here or anything in the Man Utd thread) they won't admit Rooney did anything wrong or wasn't fouled.

All I'd like them to do is be honest and admit it was not a penalty. I'll gladly admit that Robert Pires conned Portsmouth out of a win. I'm not at all proud of it now nor was I then. The players would've felt the same I hope, though I'm not surprised they won't go and criticise their own (in the same way I guess a Man Utd player won't say Rooney was wrong). I don't think Arsenal take defeat particularly badly, nobody likes to lose, be they bottom of the Conference or top of the Premiership (I will say we could have taken it better, but it could have been a lot worse).

It's about time the Man Utd-Arsenal arguments were let go - though it won't happen here until it happens with the clubs themselves. I think Wenger is happy to keep it going to just to rile Ferguson up some more personally, though that's not really the point.

Moving on: I think all in all a draw was fair against Southampton when you take into account both teams could have and should have won the game at some stage; I wouldn't want Mutu at Arsenal - I'm all for him having a second chance, but my feelings reflect his poor form at Chelsea last year; and we must have something better than Cygan at the back. It's a shame Gilberto isn't fit, I'd rather see him drop back or another youngster perhaps given a go - Cygan to me is a liability now.

Anyway rant over I guess. It probably didn't all come out as I wanted it to but it rarely does.