Free Solo is available on All4 for free

K

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/free-solo

Free Solo is a multiple-award winning documentary film about Alex Honnold, and his quest to become the first person ever to 'Free Solo' climb the El Capitan rock formation in Yosemitie,  El Capitan is over 900m of sheer rock face, and Free Solo means no ropes, no assistance. It's NUTS.

I watched it on Amazon Prime a few weeks ago and paid $10 and it was totally worth it, so you should absolutely watch it now that you can for free.

Here's the poster. This is an accurate representation of the film. 

MV5BMjMwYjcwNWQtNTQ5YS00MzVlLTkxYzMtNDIw

Here's the trailer:

I absolutely loved it.

• Like 2

I have a severe phobia of falling from a great height (not a fear of heights weirdly), so I'm a big nope. I didn't even make it through the first minute of the trailer without having to look away. Looks interesting though. 😩

1 hour ago, The Kraig said:

I have a severe phobia of falling from a great height (not a fear of heights weirdly), so I'm a big nope. I didn't even make it through the first minute of the trailer without having to look away. Looks interesting though. 😩

I made it to about 1 minute and 10 seconds before I chickened out.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, K said:

I absolutely loved it.

But in the realm of films about climbing El Capitan, is it better than Star Trek V? :shifty: 

I'm afraid of heights, sort of. Once told someone that if I had gone military, I'd have wanted to be an attack helicopter pilot (or Apache helicopter gunner), and they looked at me like I was crazy. Height only bothers me if its open air. If I'm enclosed, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Absolutely loved Free Solo. Watched it in 4k a few weeks ago and it was brilliant. Had to pause it midway through the final section as I was getting too anxious and needed to chill out for a bit.

Check out the Dawn Wall on Netflix if you want something similar

29 minutes ago, K said:

Check out the Dawn Wall on Netflix if you want something similar

Yeah my tattoo artist was telling me about it after I watched Free Solo, it's been in my queue since but Easy and Brooklyn 99 are far too distracting.