The Anime Thread

Ruki

I watched Gurren Lagann and Code Geass when they were all the buzz in this thread and we were watching them week on week. Have them on DVD too and watched them recently. Azumanga Daioh was one I was considering watching as well.

Joined that My Anime List thing, seems good, good way of keeping track of what I'm watching as well - just what I needed.

Another fun episode of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san. I hope they don't overdo it with a lot of the mythos characters, though.

I'm done with season 2 of Bakuman, and I'm almost done with all the released manga for it. It's really a great story. If you're not familiar with it, the pair responsible for Death Note are at it again. This time, the story is a slice of life (a bit of a departure from Death Note :shifty: ) about two kids in high school that set out to become mangaka. It's pretty enjoyable, there's nothing really super outlandish about it, there's great distinction between characters. Give it a shot.

Up next, no clue what I want to watch, but the next manga will be Fist of the North Star. I'm looking forward to it; I used to be a bit snobish about the way the art was drawn, and this made me not want to read some of the more popular things (Lucky Star, Dragon Ball) but I've grown over that if the story is at least good. Since Fist of the North Star is one of the older, more popular ones, I'd like to read that before giving something new a shot.

Bakuman has been great, i've watched the two seasons as well and i'm eight volumes into the manga so far, apparently the manga just finished in japan. It has quite the difference to Death Note, but i've enjoyed it.

From the new ones Kids on the slope was my favourite after first episode, going to check atleast the next few ones of Medaka Box and Haiyore-Nyaruko san as well, Accel World was pretty cool as well.

Still need to get through Steins;Gate, i've started watching it twice now and loved it on both times, but still i get stuck on early episodes and then i forget it for months. "Tutturuu" and so on...

Edited by The Sandman

Bakuman has been great, i've watched the two seasons as well and i'm eight volumes into the manga so far, apparently the manga just finished in japan. It has quite the difference to Death Note, but i've enjoyed it.

Last chapter comes out on the 23rd.

TUTTURU! Steins;Gate really should find its way into your brainwaves quick smart. It's great fun.

Also Kids on the Slope is good isn't it? I'm really looking forward to this series this spring, really interesting so far.

Will watch Accel World later, watched Kids on the Slope episode two last night and it's great - it's going to be a great show and I suggest you all get on board with me and Sandman and watch it. Especially you..

eyes1.png

Ru-kiii

:shifty:

• Like 1

Fate/Zero: Episode 16

Kayneth gets his command seal back and SHOOTS Risei afterwards. What a shit. I'm kind of fine with him being a dick professor to Waver in the beginning of the show, but this? Come on now. No reason to shoot the ref.

Meanwhile, Sola gets her arm cut off, and her command seals are presumably destroyed by Maiya.

Lancer gets his rematch at Saber (who's fighting one handed for fairness), so while that's a nice noble battle between knights...enter Kiritsugu, who forces Kayneth to surrender with a Geas (it'd be fun if it was a geass though, right? "I, EMIYA VI BRITANNIA, COMMANDS YOU!"), stating that he will not harm Sola or Kayneth in any way.

Remember, Emiya will not harm them. Doesn't say anything about Maiya :shifty:

And thus, Lancer dies, Sola dies, and Kayneth dies, leaving Saber pissed off at the interference. With this revelation, it really adds a lair of complexity to her relationship with Shirou in Fate/Stay Night. Shirou thinks the world of Kiritsugu, yet here we don't see a father, we see a cold killer that makes Antarctica seem like a desert.

Four Servants remain: Saber, Rider, Berserker, and Archer.

Speaking of Berserker, I give you: BERSER-CAR!

Berser-Car.png

Thoughts on Accel World, episode 3:

This one was a little interesting. It certainly lacked the packing of the first two shows, but there's still enough of a hook in it.

Will watch Accel World later, watched Kids on the Slope episode two last night and it's great - it's going to be a great show and I suggest you all get on board with me and Sandman and watch it. Especially you..

eyes1.png

Ru-kiii

You creepy bastard :shifty:

eyes1.png

Ru-kiii

You creepy bastard :shifty:

895533.jpg

4/22 2:04 AM Ruki had an accident.

• Like 1

Never got Accel World Episode 3 watched because I had the small matter of Fate/Zero to watch instead~!

Fate/Zero Episode 3 spoil-uhs

Kayneth is a horrible little bastard, he shoots the priest after recovering a command seal! What an evil man! And then Sola gets her arm forcibly amputated by Kiritsugu's bitch thus losing her command seals. When Saber and Lancer meet to continue their duel, it's rudely interrupted as Kiritsugu forces Kayneth to have his servant kill himself via bribery. Kiritsugu then says that even though he has a contract that says he can't kill Kayneth, that doesn't mean his female bitch can't and she shoots Kayneth and Sola dead from range.

That means we have left: Saber, Berserker, Archer, Assassin and Rider and Kirigitsu, Kariya, Tokiomi, Kotomine, Velvet. As well as Iri and Maiya as other folks who are always there. Who dies next?!

Never got Accel World Episode 3 watched because I had the small matter of Fate/Zero to watch instead~!

Fate/Zero Episode 3 spoil-uhs

Kayneth is a horrible little bastard, he shoots the priest after recovering a command seal! What an evil man! And then Sola gets her arm forcibly amputated by Kiritsugu's bitch thus losing her command seals. When Saber and Lancer meet to continue their duel, it's rudely interrupted as Kiritsugu forces Kayneth to have his servant kill himself via bribery. Kiritsugu then says that even though he has a contract that says he can't kill Kayneth, that doesn't mean his female bitch can't and she shoots Kayneth and Sola dead from range.

That means we have left: Saber, Berserker, Archer, Assassin and Rider and Kirigitsu, Kariya, Tokiomi, Kotomine, Velvet. As well as Iri and Maiya as other folks who are always there. Who dies next?!

Uh,

Assassin died in the first half.

So they were, I forgot they were all wiped out by Rider in the first half and could only remember when one of them was killed earlier. Since all of them had to die and I couldn't remember I assumed they would be returning at some stage.

Fate Zero

Woah! Lancer died! Did not see that death coming....especially not like that. Kiritsugu is an evil, efficient man. He gets shit done...like an asshole. Although I wonder how he will 'save' the world.

And poor Saber, her honor is hurt :(

Calling it now....Rider victory.