The Anime Thread

Ruki

Yeah I couldn't quite place the guy they were going to meet either, I probably should have but I was racking my brain until he showed up - then I remembered the previous episode. There's too much anime going in my brain these days for me to remember who is doing what.

Also I hope the 'one who is dead' doesn't turn out to be Azakawa or whatever she's called - the head of counter measures - she's too nice. I don't really know how they're going to do it though, I imagine it's not going to be just a typical 'we've found him, it's *this* classmate' but if it was I'd be keeping my eyes on the lad with the glasses whose gone off the map a little bit lately. He creeped me out.

Also with the lack of doll shots, the knowledge that Misaki isn't dead and was just being ignored, and Misaki poking random marine life with a stick - I'm suddenly not that fearful of the episodes anymore. Although I do squirm when people are minced up by boat propellors or drive knives into their throats. :shifty:

Has anyone noticed that the second Mirai Nikki opening is actually in English?

You'd never notice it but you catch words here and there.

Also, boo for no Mirai Nikki this week. Utter bullshit!

Yep. Put a damper on my Monday.

In other news, while I'm not exactly watching anime, I do have quite the list as far as manga goes.

The first is called Afterschool Charisma. In an unspecified point in the future (you don't see much technology), cloning humans is achievable. This story takes place at St. Kleio Academy, a school set up specifically as a clone school, with such students as Mozart, Einstein, Joan of Arc, Rasputin, Napoleon, Freud, Florance Nightingale, Elizabeth I, and...Adolf Hitler :shifty: . What starts off as a seemingly high school slice-of-life manga turns into a solid suspsense story for reasons I can't go into for the sake of spoilers.

Currently, I'm reading Fullmetal Alchemist, and I'm on Volume 11 out of 27. Where I am in the story:

It's been revealed that the Maria Ross that Mustang nuked was a fake, as Ed discovers when he's off in Xing.

Envy and Gluttony are pushing Dr Marco (I don't think that's the spelling, just bear with me) to help them out, Greed's been taken out, as has Lust.

What I really like is how different the story is going compared to the 2003 anime, which borrowed elements of it. The little bit I've watched of Brotherhood (all of eight episodes) seems to follow much closer to the manga, given it's length.

I've also gotten up to Volume 13 (I think) of Dragon Ball, and from what I understand I'm almost finished with the "Dragon Ball" part. Not sure how I'll feel once the Dragon Ball Z stuff starts, but I wish I had given this a chance sooner.

So, you're reading Clone High then, Mick? :shifty:

In other news, Another was pretty awesome. Missing the creepy doll shots a little but it still manages to jerk me around. I really worried for

Hawaiian shirt guy when the lockers fell on him. I also called the tape breaking before they could get important information.

Damn you, Another, for being such a cocktease.

Ano Natsu is fantastic. Someone needs to watch it with me, pronto. :( Unfortunately, my favourite character is getting shafted. Justice! I demand justice!

Mirai Nikki returned with a pretty good episode!!!

How the fuck did Yuno get in? And jesus...her 'cute/innocent' face is terrifying. And they killed the mayor already?

But yeah, they are gonna get 8th, and then it will be a fight between Yuno and Yuki.

Oh goody! I'm going to have to download it right now.

I finished up all of the Dragon Ball manga last night (this would include the stuff covered in Z). I can certainly see why it was such a critical piece of anime/manga history.

The only annoyance I found was the constant escalation of enemies introduced. It just seemed to get a little crazy. That didn't make the battles with some of them any less entertaining though. Personal favorite part:

Hercule/Mr Satan is teaching Fat Buu about morality, and some asshole humans, deciding to go on a rampage since Earth is fucked anyway, decide to shoot Buu's puppy. I think when it happened I just said 'Oh, shit', knowing full well the carnage that was about to ensue.

Mirai Nikki spoilers to come in a bit.

Okay, Mirai Nikki 21!

-- And right off the bat, Yuno's going absolutely bat shit and is ecstatic as she gets to go insane.

-- Well, it's a smart idea to try to have the mayor kill himself, but I doubt he's going to go for it.

-- Heh, Ninth realizes Yukkie's in this thing to win.

-- Sucks for not-Fourth though.

-- BRING BACK THE OLD MUSIC!

-- "Pin". I wonder if that's as in a pin or a PIN.

-- I do believe Ninth would kill him.

-- MEANWHILE IN THE SOUTH TOWER.

-- Akise's trio groupies are captured, the male is being an ass.

-- What's HOLON? :shifty:

-- Oh, apparently it's something they shouldn't know about.

-- I know those slices!

-- Gasai Bank?! o_O

-- So, Eleventh's locked himself in an overly elaborate vault just to save his ass.

-- Well, a vault within a vault. See folks, this guy didn't graduate from Bond Villian U.

-- Oh come on Ninth, this isn't failure, it's just a setback! I mean, it's a damn vault within a vault, I didn't see you shouting out from your diary that "oh hey, it's scrwed!"

-- Hmm, it's Yukki this week.

-- Oh yeah, Akise. He's still a thing.

-- How did Ninth miss from that close?!

-- Ah, incoming character development!

-- She likes him but she wants to kill him? What a bitch.

-- Yes, but wouldn't the noise from Y---hmm, what could he want with the pin.

-- And since both Yuno's parent's are dead...but this Yuno is a 'fake'.

-- Ah, Eigth is still alive. And being watched by Akise!

-- Ha, it's a diversion, and now Ninth is unarmed. I mean, she doesn't have a weapon :shifty:

-- WHOA, LANGUAGE NINTH!

-- What the hell :shifty:

-- Why? Because you want to bring back your mom and dad!

-- And again, he's at the vault.

-- Though, I figure that sooner or later Eleventh has to come out of there. I don't see a toilet!

-- Jesus, she's one tough bitch.

-- Though, where did her eye come from? :shifty:

-- Pretty sure she's only seing her younger self because of blood loss :shifty:

-- It's sweet, but uh..

-- I guess not-Fourth being there means he's really dead too :( .

-- And Ninth goes boom.

-- And the door's still closed. And Eleventh is still perfectly okay.

-- But Psychobitch extraordinaire Yuno shows up.

-- HAHAHAHAHAHA, Eleventh fucked up. Guess this Yuno's not just a copy.

-- And boom goes Eleventh.

-- So now, just Yuno and Yukki are left.

-- And slight fanservice.

-- Oh, Eighth is still left.

-- ....What :shifty:

-- What?! :shfity

-- Ok, now I'm confused as hell.

-- Black balls to oblivion. But...what does she mean "You still have to kill Ninth and Eleventh?" Unless this is some kind of fucked flashback.

Another good episode, with what, four left?

Then the second half of Fate/Zero starts again! w00t

Oh God is Fate/Zero back? I haven't watched any anime for about 2 weeks so I must have about 16 episodes of stuff to watch. And I go on holiday on Wednesday so it's highly unlikely anything will get watched anytime soon. I'll have to take a day off work soon. :shifty:

Oh God is Fate/Zero back? I haven't watched any anime for about 2 weeks so I must have about 16 episodes of stuff to watch. And I go on holiday on Wednesday so it's highly unlikely anything will get watched anytime soon. I'll have to take a day off work soon. :shifty:

It returns on April 7th.

Oh yeah, didn't watch much anime over my Spring Break, though a lot of the time was devoted to the aforementioned reading of Dragon Ball. With my schedule picking up now, I'm not sure how much time I'll have for anything until the second week of May. I think I have ten volumes left in Fullmetal Alchemist, and after that I might focus on Fairy Tail. Not to sure if I want to bother with Naruto, Bleach or One Piece.

Yeah, Mick, School Days is ... it's one of those shows you have to watch. It's pretty terrible, but infinitely entertaining.

Blew through the entirety of the Neon Genesis Evangelion series and the movies. Not mind-blowing (or my sort of thing, typically), but Asuka made the show pretty awesome. The introspective two episodes at the end (where the studio had run out of money) are absolute wank though.

Another this week was pretty good. Again, they end on something of a cliffhanger but I'm cool with that. I've really enjoyed the series and I think it's done a good job of ramping up the tension during every episode.

Mirai Nikki was good as well.

- Didn't expect the mayor to go down that easily. I figured he'd get at least one more episode. It's weird that Eighth (GIANT HEAD!!) is the last one standing.

- Still waiting for Akise to be badass. Thus far, the character hasn't really lived up to the hype.

- Having been spoiled, I have some idea about why Yuno was able to get into the vault. Still unclear about the adoption thing Akise mentioned an episode or two ago.

- The more Akise says it, the more I become suspicious of Yuno. She seems like she's playing at something.

- Hopefully, complete power-grab by Murmur right away.

Yeah, Mick, School Days is ... it's one of those shows you have to watch. It's pretty terrible, but infinitely entertaining.

Yeah, it certainly wasn't awesome, but I'll be damned if I'm going to play through a half translated visual novel. :shifty:

Right now I'm giving Hayate the Combat Butler a shot. Seems promising so far.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/03/14/sayonara-zetsubou-sensei-ends/

tumblr_ljwk3guBjt1qagu2oo1_500.gif

I AM IN DESPAIR! THE FACT THAT SAYONARA, ZETSUBOU SENSEI IS ENDING HAS LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!

Another great Mirai Nikki! This time I just sat back and watched it, so no snide comments. Thoughts in the spoiler box below.

Mirai Nikki 22:

Very good pacing on this episode. There's the whole bit about how Deus created Akise to be the observer in the game, and how Akise actually managed to out smart Deus. Yukki goes crazy by killing Jugsy and the rest of the We'll Help By Not Calling the Cops Gang, the Yaoi Fangirls go crazy as Akise confesses his feelings for Yukki, leading Yuno to go to a whole new level of apeshit.

And Yukki...WILL BECOME THE GOD OF THE NEW WORLD! (Ominous Kyrie)

So apparently dead Yuno = Real Yuno, and this Yuno is the fake. Since it's been a while since I read the manga, I forgot about this part, with the fake cell phone. At first I thought Yuno was just being super crazy prepared as always, and decided to have her own Apprentice Diary, that somehow would kill Eighth, but I guess not. Not that it mattered, since Eighth is now dead.

All in all, I'm eagerly awaiting the end of this show, it's been a fun ride.

Mirai Nikki was pretty awesome this week.

I read lots of Akise love on other boards but didn't really get it until this episode. Granted, he was completely ineffectual most of the time but damn, did he go out like a boss. A big fuck-you to Yuno to be sure.

Speaking of, that bitch be craaaaazy. She's finally off the deep end. I'm interested to see how her crazy logic is going to explain why killing Yuki is a way to express her love.

We've still got, what, like four more episodes? So we get a Yuki cowering/introspection episode, a "holy shit, Yuno's gonna fuck you up" episode, a "hey, shit, this is what's going on, just thought you should know" episode and then the final one.

I've got a couple of questions now, based partly on having been clued in (somewhat) to what's going to happen. I'm interested to at least see where exactly this is all headed.

And then there was Another. Seriously, why isn't anyone else (other than IAceI :shifty:) watching this?

A pictorial diagram of my thoughts on this episode (using actual clips from the episode!)

Explosion.gif

Holy shit, what the fuck, waaaaaat?

Akazawa-surprised.gif

Oh god, everyone's gonna die!

Found-you.gif

Aw yeeeaaaaah, everyone's gonna die. :D

Mirai Nikki was pretty awesome this week.

I read lots of Akise love on other boards but didn't really get it until this episode. Granted, he was completely ineffectual most of the time but damn, did he go out like a boss. A big fuck-you to Yuno to be sure.

Speaking of, that bitch be craaaaazy. She's finally off the deep end. I'm interested to see how her crazy logic is going to explain why killing Yuki is a way to express her love.

We've still got, what, like four more episodes? So we get a Yuki cowering/introspection episode, a "holy shit, Yuno's gonna fuck you up" episode, a "hey, shit, this is what's going on, just thought you should know" episode and then the final one.

I've got a couple of questions now, based partly on having been clued in (somewhat) to what's going to happen. I'm interested to at least see where exactly this is all headed.

7/28 Yukki and Yuno come together!

:shifty:

A great episode!

Akise kissing Yukki and Yuno going batshit insane? WOnderful. But, my god, what an evil woman! He should have fucking killed her!

:angry:

I wanna know what he wrote to Yukki on the text....my guess? The little imp girl created Yuno to replace the old Yuno, so that she would become god. She is obviously not going along with Deus' plans!

Maybe someone can help me figure something out. Last night me and a buddy online get to talking about Dragon Ball Z and linking clips. Here's the odd part, we both watched it as kids on Cartoon Network but he said he grew up with The Ocean dub, which strikes me as odd because I always knew the Funimation dub and never heard the Ocean dub until I got internet years later. I remember Vegeta's voice being different for a very short time when he was introduced but I don't remember it as the voice he has in the Ocean dub and thats the only change I remember.Any idea why we remember different dubs?