The Anime Thread

Ruki

Mirai Nikki discussion

It seems that Eight (Giant Head Woman who I totally thought was a guy initially) has the power to gain "apprentice diary owners". I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it seems like you have to use your phone/diary so much to get the ability (like how Kousaka had written in his phone diary a bunch before he got "upgraded"). The three diary owners were the three apprentices of Eight who were in the car. They look kinda badass and I anxiously await seeing Yuno tear them apart.

Maybe she controls them somehow, like how that guy controlled the dogs? She obviously gets information from her "apprentice diaries" though.

I wonder whether killing Eighth would also kill Kousaka too, since he's now involved.

Bitch slapping Yuno and telling her to go to hell was an epic move by Yukki. Also a really stupid one, but whatever.

Personally, I love that Yuno's rationale for kidnapping Yukki was "Yukki and I bump uglies on July 28th so I should drug him and keep him chained up until then so nothing bad happens". It's ... genuis!

I also like how hurt she looked and then how she suddenly snapped back into "I have to protect Yukki, he needs me" mode.

I want to know who the third skull is. Old boyfriend is my guess.

I really hope Kousaka doesn't die when Giant Bitch bites the dust, he is one of the better supporting characters!

My first guess for the third skull was a sibling...but yeah, a past boyfriend makes a lot more sense.

I'm thinking Kousaka dies, but in a big redemptive way. Maybe he helps kill the other apprentices so that Yukki (and probably Yuno) can lay the smack down on Giant Headed Woman? That'd be my guess.

I only think it's a past boyfriend because of how determined Yuno is to protect Yukki. Her whole motivation seems to be that she's gotta be there to save him because he can't do it himself. Possibly this boyfriend died in front of her and she couldn't save him? It could easily be a little brother too, given that stuff, but Yuno seems like an only child to me.

Akise also continues to be interesting. I'm wondering what his whole game is.

Murmur's a dick. I think she's just fucking people over for fun.

Will watch Mirai Nikki when I get home later. It can be added to the list of things that need watched.

In re: Another

So she's dead, but they act like she's still alive, but only Sakakibaru (sp?) can see her? I'm guessing that when they say his name is associated with her death and he said he had family who lived in the town that they're connected in some way. Oh and the doll Mei carries is creepy as fuck.

So, Mirai Nikki, Episode 14. I haven't read any of your comments, other than seeing that SRR said it was awesome. So, here we go!

--WHOA, nice F-bomb asshole!

--Yes, she probably is trying to kill you, genius.

--What was the hint, Akise? :shifty:

--Meanwhile, in super creepy land.

-- :) God I love the way she says Yukki; on that note, how does she know his favorite is beef stew? :shifty:

-- EPIC MUSIC TIME!

-- Of course, this means that they WILL be hunted down by other diary holders...

-- Well, I guess if Yukki breaks his neck or something he'll be okay. . .

-- Awww, and Akise cuts Yuno off.

-- Oh, that explains who the skulls are :shifty:

-- Well, two of them anyway.

-- Honestly Akise, if you're so fucking smart, you should know that a woman capable of homicide and patricide really should not be fucked with.

-- I know who the third skull is, and when you guys find out you will shit bricks :) .

--KOUSAKA KING DIARY +My Brilliant Moments for Today

USER

Apprentice Diary Owner Kousaka Ouji

You have unlocked a new blog feature:

"Future Diary" Ability

Welcome,

Future Diary Apprentice,

Kousaka Ouji-sama

--Well, fuck. That's interesting.

--Welcome to the game, Kousaka, have fun! .

"I was propped up on AKise's shoulders and escaped through the ventilation shaft! Then with a Kousaka Kick, I found Yukiteru! I'm so brilliant!"

"I unlocked the room and let Akise and Nonosaka out"

-- Nonosaka = Jugsy McJuggs :shifty:

-- Yuno didn't figure they'd use the chair? o_O

-- Well good job, you found Yukki. Now what? <_<

-- Oh shit, Yuno's tone. IT'S YANDERE TIME!

"I took the key from Gasai and rescued Yukiteru. I'm so brilliant!"

-- What does she have up her sl--well, nothing, obviously, but you know what I mean :shifty:

-- Guess he ain't so brilliant, huh?

-- Like...why doesn't he pick up the chair and beat the crap out of...oh fuck.

-- Makes you wonder where Yuno got all this weapon training.

-- WHOMP WHOMP WAAAA. Nice going Kousaka.

-- Oh look, a diary chan---

-- WHOA, WHEN DID YUKKI GET A PAIR OF BALLS?

"Three diary owners invade the building."

"The three diary owners found me."

-- That's not good.

-- Yes Yukki, you're not going to leave Yuno, are you? :shifty:

-- :o MORE BALLS FROM YUKKI!

-- :angry: Good going, Yukki, you made Yuno cry.

-- Meanwhile, two days later...

-- What the hell? :shifty:

-- So, as I asked last week, why the hell didn't they like...send cops towards her?

-- Hmmm, I'm sure those people in the convertable---

-- Gee, wonder how they knew his name :shifty:

-- So wait, Yuno was in that abandoned hotel for two days and they didn't bother to flush her out? Akise's a moron!

--And that's a wrap, and going by the figures in the credits, enter a new diary holder.

-- And time for the stupid Murmur thing.

-- Still, more wish shit? <_<

-- Oh, she's a sly one :shifty:

-- I'm starting to think Murmur's more devious then originally thought.

-- Oh look, she just (nearly) killed him. Or not.

Good episode, shit's really starting to pick up now.

And if you really, honestly, truly want to know

About Skull Number 3

PM Me. I don't want to be responsible for you guys clicking the link and being all :angry: MICK . Trust me.

But I wanna be all like " :angry: MICK!"

Yeah, I'll wait. More fun if it's a surprise.

Seems like most of the big MN episodes are "oh shit, this is getting awesome, things are picking up now!". I'm half-expecting the last bit of the series to be all-out, balls-to-the-wall insanity.

Edited by StevenRichardsRules

Ano Natsu De Matteru is so much fun. I'm definitely digging it, probably more than I should be.

It's got these kinda obvious tropes going on, but they never feel forced. It's actually kinda endearing. Plot's getting moving too, which is nice. Since it's probably only 11 episodes or so, I can't imagine there'll be too much filler.

All in all, it's enjoyable in a slice-of-lifey way, with the tiniest bit of science-fiction in the background. Someone needs to watch this with me!

Now, I've got to watch Another.

Running thoughts

- "It may have already begun!" You know, that vague thing. That may have begun.

- Damn, this opening theme music sucks. The opening video is cool, but the music sucks. I want someone to put the Higurashi theme in instead.

- Trying to remember why Misaki told the main character to leave her alone. Can't.

- Those dolls it cuts to every once in a while are creepy. Dolls are just inherently creepy.

- ...Lemon's scream. This cannot be good.

- "Damn you, student, we're not trying to be innovative here! Just draw the damn fruit like everyone else!"

- Munch? Like, child author Robert Munch? (or however you spell that)

- "It's the world that's screaming." ...whaaaaat? I like.

- I like how the teacher basically smacks the other kid upside the head for repeating what the art student said.

- Apparently, we're talking about the painting "The Scream". Okay.

- Douche Jock! He's interesting, as it seems like he's wanting to tell the main character about what's going on but no one else wants to say anything.

- Cursed classroom! Dun dun duuuuun!

- He just walks away, mid-conversation. What an asshole.

- And they don't want him to go into this library either. Maybe it was a place that Misaki hung out before she died?

- The creepy thing about that drawing is the way the limbs were done, like she was drawing a doll. It looks like you could just pop them off.

- That librarian dude seems odd, but I think he'll help the main character rather than work against him.

- Did they seriously build a new building just to avoid all the places where Misaki was? If so, then this is a school of idiots.

- Follow your dreams! You'll probably fail and no one will support you ... but follow them anyway! :shifty:

- That bird. Oh god, that doll with its eyes closed and its head titled back. Freaky.

- No fourth floor? Hm.

- This nurse is awesome. I like her already.

- "I get the feeling you're asking for a reason." -_- Of course he's asking for a reason!

- Again, that nurse is awesome. I'm calling her disappearing though, seeing as she's a life-line for Sakikabara (is that how you spell his name?) in the third act.

- Okay, the synchronizing of her words and the elevator door closing is creepy. Bravo!

- Death glare from Pig Tails! She knows! (Also, wasn't she out sick before, maybe when Misaki started showing up? There's something here!)

- Sakakibara: "you asked me those questions already"

- She's met him before? Interesting. The plot thickens.

- So Pig Tails is in charge of protecting cursed class 3 from bad things. Curses and such.

- She tried to tell him stuff too, but Glasses and Art Guy shut her up. Why is it they don't want him to know this story?

- And what did she miss the day before? Was it him mentioning to Glasses Girl that he saw this girl?

- Again, Sakakibara just leaves mid-conversation. No, be MORE subtle about it.

- Pig Tails is pissed.

- The crows are freaking out. Bad sign. Turn back!

- Aaaaand gone!

- Hollow blue eyes? Oh god, dolls!

- Fuck, just as his phone went off, my phone beside me went off. Fuck.

- Misaki or Masaki, eh? You're fucking with me, aren't you, Another?

- Either way, that still got me a little. Creepy.

- That old woman. And fucking dolls. Ugh.

- Idiot! Don't go into the basement! Basements are bad news.

- Oh god, I thought the doll was talking to him for a minute there.

- You don't dislike anything, do you Mei?

- Conjoined dolls.

- There is her first smile. That is a bit freaky.

- Under the eye patch is a ... cliffhanger.

Holy shit. Another is awesome.

Edited by StevenRichardsRules

I'm beginning to realise the mountain of Anime I've taken off, it almost seems daft to be watching this much and not writing a freaking blog about it because I'm going to try and get through so much stuff. I just need a bit of spare time so I can plug on.

Mirai Nikki Episode 14

I think it's episode fourteen. Anyways, it all seems to have been gearing towards this part of the show, the first half set the characters up as a psycho and a kid with no bollocks, and then after the short Christmas break these final diary holders are going to prove the big test with Yukki not being such a wet sap and possibly/probably not working with Yuno until the end when he realises he loves her and so on and so forth. What a blessing.

Either way we still have some uncovering to do, almost literally as we have to figure out who that third skeleton is and why Yuno is carrying around her mam and dad's skulls. That's not normal behaviour.

Diary holder wise I'm still convinced Akise is one. Pretty sure his silhouette is there at the end with the rest of them, so I'm sure he is one. He's in too deep anyways not to continue playing a major role in some way. As for Kousaka, I'm to assume that he has inadvertently become another diary holders outlet for information. So this woman with the giant head and the glamorous assistants will know when Yukki is so long as Kousaka is with him? That's the jist I'm getting anyways.

Will see..

Another Episode 2

There is something inherently creepy about armeless dolls. I'm not sure what it is, perhaps the vacuous eyes or the fact they are without limbs, or that they're just meant to be cuddly and these things are horrifying. There's something even more creepy about cutting to them for a millisecond every so often.

Onto the actual episode and, quite frankly, I'm baffled, intrigued and a little frightened if I'm honest. It's a really promising anime so far and if I was pushed for a gripe it would be the shallow character development. Okay it's only episode two but we don't really know anything about Sakakibaru (sp?), but then perhaps that arms-length approach is what keeps the mystery in the whole thing.

There's obviously something being kept from Sakakibaru and as it stands my only notion so far is that he had family who lived here and this girls death are interconnected. Perhaps even the death of his mother has some role in this as well. I don't know, I'm pretty much just spit balling ideas now. One of them will be right if I guess every possible scenario.

It's an intruiging series so far even if it isn't the genre of anime that would really strike a chord with me at first. Regardless I'm looking forward to this, I just hope they hold my interest sufficiently and don't let it tail off.

Moretsu Pirates Episode 1

Forget, if you will, that this sort of translates to 'Bodacious Space Pirates' and accept that for a first episode this reels you in and gives you a big kiss. It's great, it's fun, it's quick to the point and enganging enough for you to come back for more.

Marika (I believe) is your typical high school girl at an all girls high school somewhere in space. She's part of the yacht club. Two mysterious people show up at her house, they seem to know Marika's mother, Ririka (Imaginitive I know). They claim that someone is dead, it turns out to be Marika's dad, and that Marika is now required to captain the space ship (quite literally, a space.. ship) and there we go.

There's a really quite humerous moment whereby a bunch of suited goons show up at the cafe where Marika works to, presumably, kidnap or kill her. She's saved, as you'd expect or else this would be a terrible anime, and we're ready for episode two.

Still to watch:

Gundam AGE Episode 14

Moretsu Pirates Episode 2

BRAVE10 Episodes 1 & 2

Lagrange - The Flower of Rin-ne Episodes 1 & 2

So just the two hours worth of anime or so to go!

The anime and voice overs in the early seasons of Pokemon are just as terrible as I remember, but it's a refreshing thing to see what consumed so much of my life at one stage, still there in all its glory.

Moretsu Pirates Episode 2

It's must see! This anime is possibly already my favourite of the winter season. It's fun, the character's are interesting and there are laser guns that fire lasers from their gun shaped casings! That go through tanks! So this episode sort of deals with Marika realising what her family is, or at least was, and she gets some handy training from her mother, Ririka, with aforementioned laser guns.

The mysterious Kane McDougal (best name ever) was not only there to speak to her in the cafe once, but is also her new substitute teacher and also in charge of the yacht club. And by yacht we mean space ship. Her and her mysterious dark haired friend who transferred into the class have a 'cyber battle' with someone trying to infiltrate their Odette II space ship's computing system.

It's really, really fun so far, and that's just two episodes in. Watch it.

BRAVE10 Episode 1

I got this entirely because I liked the sound of it, and that's what it's all about.

Based on a real life, Japan warring states, Sanada Yukimura goes about assembling ten brave warriors to deal with the threat who we presume was trying to kill the girl, Isanami, at the start of the show.

Bit of a boys program really. There's fighting scenes which are really well executed and it focuses on samurai's and ninja's with swords. That speaks to me as a program and therefore makes me inclined to watch it, but there's enough intrigue there with the priestess Isanmi and her tiara which demonstrates incredible - what you would perceive as dark - power that seem to kill everything in it's way in a odd 'they wither and die' kind of move.

I think this could be the sort of thing I find enjoyable whereas it may not speak to other people as much. If samurai's and ninja's are your sort of thing then I imagine this may be worth watching.

Still to go:

Gundam AGE Episode 14

Inu x Boku SS Episode 1

Lagrange: Flower of Rinne Episodes 1 & 2

BRAVE10 Episode 2

Hectic.

I just finished season 1 of "Baka and Test" and I'm crushed that Netflix doesn't have more.Now I have to pick between Chobits, Angel Beats, Girls Bravo or Negima!?.

You're 'crushed' that Baka and Test doesn't have more seasons on Netflix?

Ugh...that show was barely mediocre. The concept was good, the delivery...not so much.

I love goofy/sweet shit. i thought it was wonderful.

Got through another episode of BRAVE10 and it's quite enjoyable. A little flashy and garish at times, and ridiculous fan service, but overall quite an interesting premise with an intriguing main character who keeps the show moving along nicely.

Definitely reccomended if you are into the whole warring periods, samurai and ninja with special powers kind of thing. Basically if you're a big kid, like me, get it and watch... after Moretsu Pirates though!

And I also watched episode two of Gundam SEED Remastered, yeah yeah, it's what you'd expect. You've either seen SEED already or you haven't and you either like Gundam or you don't.

Speaking of which I still have Episode 14 of AGE to watch. And two episodes of Inu x Boku SS. And two of Langrange: Flower of Rin-ne. Getting there. :shifty:

Started watching Angel Beats. Its awesome. It seems like something TechTV would have had on Anime Unleashed back in the day.