The Anime Thread

Ruki

I've never seen the dub, only the subtitled version. The thing is, the first season is meant to be confusing. It really is on Kai that you get literally all the answers (Kai means answer, I believe). IIRC, they go through every arc explaining what really happened and what was just mindfuck, and we get to see just why there are several arcs where the characters appear to have been reset instead of typical animes where there's one constant storyline throughout the whole series.

Fate/zero, Episode 12:

Somewhat of a slow episode this week, I'm somewhat disappointed that there wasn't more action for what is the penultimate episode before the hiatus.

At least certain things are a bit clear now. First, we get to see the Emiya residence, and Irisviel asking Saber to make a magic circle in the storage shed really shines a light on how Shirou was able to summon Saber in Fate/Stay night, so now that base is covered.

It would also appear that, with the Command Seal disappearing from Kotomine's hand, that Assassin is indeed dead. However, duntduntDUN, he gets a new Command Seal.

So....yeah, they've done better. I just hope they don't throw in cheap cameos just for the sake of cheap cameos.

Wiki spoiled that part for me.

Rika keeps dying, hence the reset, right? And saving her means preventing the reset.

Yeah, IIRC, it's basically that.

True story: I actually checked Kai before I checked Higurashi. I had no idea that Kai was the sequel, so I didn't understand one bit when they recapped stuff that had happened in Higurashi >_<

Fate/zero, Episode 12:

Somewhat of a slow episode this week, I'm somewhat disappointed that there wasn't more action for what is the penultimate episode before the hiatus.

At least certain things are a bit clear now. First, we get to see the Emiya residence, and Irisviel asking Saber to make a magic circle in the storage shed really shines a light on how Shirou was able to summon Saber in Fate/Stay night, so now that base is covered.

It would also appear that, with the Command Seal disappearing from Kotomine's hand, that Assassin is indeed dead. However, duntduntDUN, he gets a new Command Seal.

So....yeah, they've done better. I just hope they don't throw in cheap cameos just for the sake of cheap cameos.

Holy crap, I didn't even realize the bolded part. Cool.

As for Kotomine...

Why did he get a new command seal? I thought that was only given out when a Master dies, and a servant remains? :/ But it seems Archer is hinting (well, more like hitting him over the head with it) that he wants Kotomine to kill his current master...

Fate/zero, Episode 12:

Holy crap, I didn't even realize the bolded part. Cool.

As for Kotomine...

Why did he get a new command seal? I thought that was only given out when a Master dies, and a servant remains? :/ But it seems Archer is hinting (well, more like hitting him over the head with it) that he wants Kotomine to kill his current master...

</shrug>

Why did the Holy Grail give a psychotic serial killer Command Seals? Or Shirou, for that matter? Who knows? :shifty:

Because it did it for the lulz?

(Ugh, I feel dirty just writing that)

Actually, yes :shifty:

Incoming: Another Fate universe explination from Mick

See, in the first two Holy Grail Wars, every servant was a hero (I imagine in the vein that they were good people). In the Third War, the Einzberg family decided to cheat a bit, and when they were supposed to summon Berserker, in its place they summoned a different Servant class, Avenger. Avenger was supposed to be the culmination of all of mankind's evil and was supposed to wipe the floor with every other Servant, but Avenger got his ass kicked (The 'hero' in question was the Angra Mainyu, the Zoroastrian idea of pure evil).

Anyway, since a Servant goes into the Grail once it's defeated, the evil of Avenger corrupted the Grail, meaning in the Fourth and Fifth Wars, Servants other than 'heroes' could be summoned (Caster in both Fate/Stay night and Fate/Zero, Rider in Fate/Stay night). Basically, what was supposed to be good is now corrupted, and more or less did in fact do it for the lulz.

So, Mirai Nikki episode 11....

Forth is such a heel! Russian roulette? Crazy! But I feel bad about his son, that kinda sucks....but Yukki manned up (and was still a pussy) by shooting that guy in the gut.

Although, I wasn't a fan of the tone of the episode changing for like two minutes there. It went from serious drama to semi-comedy. Seriously, what's the point? :/

So...9th wants to be god and fix the world. 4th wants to be god and save his son. Yukki and Yuno both want nothing to do with it....

ugh...I see Yukki becoming god and granting everyone's wish <_< Fucking Yukki.

Mirai Nikki, episode 11:

--Pretty crappy quality on this video...

--Anyway, Ninth seems to be questioning 4th at gun point

--AND A NON FUCKED UP INTRO VIDEO! :)

--Wow, bad quality :shifty:

--"Termination of Service". Well, that can't be good.

--Oh shit, Yukkie's under arrest it seems. This will end well <_< .

--Ha, and they have Yuno too.

--I bet Yukkie could end her insanity by slapping Yuno on the ass and saying "Hey baby, wanna get down?" :pervert:

--Well, he's cleaning his gun. That's encouraging.

--HA! Russi---oh fuck, Yuno's eyes changed.

--Well, using the diaries and playing Russian Roulette is one way to get around it.

--Oh crap, Yuno's going Guns Akimbo.

--Or not.

--THE EAR?! WHY THE EAR, YUNO?!

--Chest works too.

--Well, that's freaky. :shifty:

--Course, never mind the fact that she just MURDERED a police officer.

--Maybe not. Still, it's intent, and that's just as bad.

--Note: Nice attention to detail here as they run with their fingers on the side of the trigger. Important safety type for you gun owners :shifty:

--"Don't shoot" Yukkie scr---screams as he pops a cap in a cop's ass..

--Nice, the gambit for 4th paid off. Now Yukkie's in the diary. AND the cops of....:o

--Well, sucks for Yuno.

--EXACTLY AS PLANNED. </light>

--How the hell is his named spelled, anyway? Yuki, Yukki, Yukkii, Yukkie....I'm confused :( .

--Well gee, Yukkii and Yuno need to escape. Good thing sopmeone has an ESCAPE DIARY. :shifty:

--Okay, not sure what the point of Yuno pissing was :shifty:

--Ah, time for some character development!

--After the boom...here comes Ninth, in Crazy Nurse Mode!

--Of course she wants to kill him, I'd hate to see her waste an opportunity for that :shifty:

--....What is with this music :shifty:

--Brilliant 4th. You let the cat out of the bag.

--WELL YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!

--HAHAHA, nice job Ninth.

--Fourth's wife was the one at the chapel, and now Fourth's son is dying.

--Ninth's a bitch, but at least she's practical.

--How horrible Yukkii, eating a dying kid's donuts. You sir are worse than Hitler <_< .

--AND FOURTH IS PISSED NOW!

--Decent episode, not as action packed. Seems this week is nothing but filler <_< .

--And now Murmur's thing. Who is apparently pretending to be Fourth.

--THESE ARE NOT THE DROIDS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR.

--Well, that was largely pointless.

Oh, and Ruki:

Knowing Yukkii's general attitude, he's probably just going to sit around and mope about the other eleven (including Yuno) being dead if he wins.

Just finished episode 9 of Blue Exorcist...really good!

It turns out the teacher wasn't ACTUALLY gonna kill Rin....Or was he? DUN DUN DUN. So, it looks like Mephesto is going to attempt to get RIn killed, but why?

:o

Also, no idea why the puppet kid and the hooded guy got promoted. They've done nothing!

Fate/Zero Episode 12

Setting things up for the final episode of the current season before the break? Perhaps, I think Kotomine offing Tohsaka would probably suffice as a cliff hanger. That would definitely leave me wanting to see more, which I do anyways, now I knew Kotomine wasn't finished with but it seems assassin most definitely is. So with his power and knowledge, if Kotomine was to gather all this information using assassin - and then steal Archer - well, we'd have a right little bastard on our hands wouldn't we? Tohsaka doesn't really add much and Archer clearly is seducing Kotomine so it makes sense.

Wouldn't mind seeing a little bit more of Lancer and Caster though. Not seen much of them lately. And we barely see Kariya either but htat's to be assumed with his enigmatic like personality and his handling of Berserker who is sure to only there to turn up randomly in battles and wreak havoc. Something big better go down in the next episode, but I'm sure it will.

Ben-To Episode 11

Penultimate episode time! It's all seemed a little bit rushed in the past few episodes, and I was wondering what was going on with the heel twins since they're in the opening intro I assumed there must be some good in them. Well it seems that there is, or at least they're going to be eaten by a bigger predator - who I'll get onto in a bit. Having been done over by Orthro's we wonder where Yarizui will be and if she will bounce back? She's not in school though - maybe she's dead? Well no, she's at home, Sato goes to see her and she says she's had a cold. There's an excuse if I ever heard one for not winning the fight - oh, but it seems she did have a cold, so surely if she's ok she'll be better in the fight? Sato has no qualms about admitting he got well and truly kicked in. So - how is it going to end? Well only with ASH KETCHUM FROM PALLET TOWN COMING TO FIGHT ORTHROS. Or 'Heracles Combo' as he (and his possible collective) seems to be known as now - although I still maintain is Ash Ketchum(!) and his new career. He knew?

Mirai Nikki Episode 11

Who knew it would take 11 episodes for Yukki to grow a set of balls which he promptly lost immediately again afterwards? Well he did shoot someone at least. Four's heel turn is about the biggest bit of character development in the entire show and possibly the most obvious thing we've seen coming. (Except Yuno going mental once an episode.) But is Ninth good? Or bad? Or indifferent? I dunno. It all seemed a little unclear as well so I imagine there's a bit more beneath the surface. Also has Akise just evaporated? I'm sure he has a bigger part to play so will be back after the hiatus. Ooh, I'm interested to see the next episode but I still don't think any characters have been developed nearly as well as they could be. Aside from maybe Ninth.

Edited by IAceI

Pokemon Best Wishes is actually so, so good. I'm catching up again since I fell remarkably behind while fighting with my internet connection at uni; the Don Battle tournament is pretty much epic. It's like they've finally realised after all this time that it makes sense to give the rivals a bit of character and personality instead of just "oh yeah, let's just wait until the championship and then do it then!". Shooti, Kenyan, Bel, Cabernet, Luke and Langley are all great characters and with N presumably factoring in later down the line, it's looking good. It's also fun that they've finally learned to cut down on Team Rocket.

Ironically enough, I just started downloading this the other night for something to do. Me and my friend have been playing Red and Blue for some kicks and I decided to see what the latest anime was, only about five episodes into it but it's actually quite entertaining so far. I'm watching the subbed version though so I'm struggling to remember the English names of the pokemon but I'm getting there I suppose. Something for me to watch over the holiday period though.

Best Wishes has been pretty good actually. I kind of found my way back when Black/White came out. I hadn't basically seen anything since the Hoenn league which was about 5 or 6 years ago. The Don Battles tournament was pretty good and i like how there's much more recurring characters than before. Also after about 700 episodes they are actually doing something with Team Rocket other than them trying to capture Pikachu in every episode. Too bad that the Team Plasma vs. Team Rocket episodes got cancelled they looked that they would've been great.

Edited by The Sandman

Well I hope whatever it is with Team Rocket happens soon because they're showing up far too often and far too much for my liking. If they weren't portrayed as such hopeless buffoons (it's a kids show at heart, I know) I'd not mind as much.

Also are they just going to try and capture a new type of energy every episode? First Munna/Musharna and now the energy at the Desert Resort.

Also how useless is Ash/Satoshi. His Pikachu must be like level one billion by now yet he keeps getting consistently outclassed by Shooti/rival's pokemon - who seems to be exactly what I'm like when I play the game (totally awesome with diverse pokemon :shifty: ). Hopefully Ash/Satoshi actually challenges him sooner or later because the whole 'I'm too good for you yadda yadda' shtick will get old quickly.

Think Guilty Crown should be out by now as well so I'll probably have a watch of that and Gundam AGE later on tonight, I refuse to watch Gundam AGE on its own because I feel I need something else to impress me immediately after. ¬_¬

Fate/Zero, Episode 13:

And so, Rider decides that some video games are just the thing to cheer up Waver. Meanwhile, Caster goes completely batshit, leading to me hoping that there's some kind of Godzilla-class Servant out there. They need Megazord power, now.

Sucks that it ends on such a cliffhanger though, since we don't get more until April :( .