The Anime Thread

Ruki

I think the middle character is from My Sister Can't Be This Cute. I'm guessing that's what it is.

I thought Another was starting today. Turns out I have to wait until Sunday. :crying:

Judging by your avatar/sig, I'm glad to see I'm not the only person that liked Minami-ke :shifty:

What is Minami-ke? Will I enjoy it?

And yeah, Mirai Nikki should be available for download tomorrow night.

In addition to what was said, it's a slice of life about three sisters of varying age (elementary, middle and high school age) seemingly living alone. Hilarity ensues. It has three seasons, though each one is only thirteen episodes.

Mirai Nikki is back :D

...man, just the way Yuno says 'Yukki' creeps me out.

Yuki is just not allowed to have friends..........And holy fuck......Yuno looked so DAMN CREEPY AT THE END THERE OH MY GOD

My running thoughts on Mirai Nikki since I haven't done it in a while (and just drank a loooooooot of caffeine):

- Curious about Junior Officer. Figuring he will die with (or at least be involved in the death of) Ninth.

- Oh, Yuki, you are such a moron. She said you were going on a trip to see the stars and now she's changing the trip suddenly. That CANNOT be good.

- So Murmur's been interfering, eh? Somehow, I'm not all that surprised. I'm guessing she's gonna start interfering for whoever she's betting on. There's no way Deus won't bet.

- Is he gonna check the bag? No? Bah, Yuki, you're too good of a guy. That bitch was checking your cell phone the minute she got it!

- She says juice. She gives him soda. These are the things that I notice.

- Aaaaand ominous shot of the vending machine! (Was I supposed to get that there wasn't the type of soda she gave him in the vending machine? If I was, then I didn't.)

- Fanservice. Lots of fanservice. Titties.

- That white haired girl is very creepy.

- Taking naked pictures of your friends. That's ... I don't even know what to say. Why is Big Tittied Chick still friends with her?

- I love how no one is thrilled that Jerkass Friend came along.

- I also love his "diary" and the fact that it contains the entry detailing him finding a cool-looking stick. What is he, five?

- I don't buy that Akise is a diary holder. I'm sure it's the show trying to swerve me.

- Unless he's that guy in the end credits who is under the tarp in military looking garb. But I don't think that's him.

- So BTG has a thing for Yuki. I guess that was coming, what with him being a nice guy despite her trying to kill him and all.

- Police Chief was pretty well-planned, having left something for Junior guy to find.

- Akise is good but he's no Batman.

- Three left. Hmm. There's big headed chef dude, for sure. And CEO dude. Gonna have to look through the ending for the other one.

- "Oh hey guys we're helping the police, hope that's cool"

- I like how Jerkass is like, "Fuck this" and almost leaves

- Gasai has kidnapped him? Really? I can't remember the last episode. Why were they leaving the city in the first place? You'd think that'd be a terrible idea, what with people trying to kill you and all. At least in the city, you might have back-up (the police and such, although they really haven't been at all useful thus far).

- Does Jerkass still dislike Yuki? If he does, why is he helping?

- I also like that Akise just doesn't answer Jerkass. No, idiot, you aren't brilliant. Not at all. Go look for sticks or something.

- Paranoid much, Yuno? Did she go around to a bunch of hotels just to booby trap them?

- How did Akise know Yuno's parents had a hotel? He must be a lot more informed on Yuno's past than Yuki is.

- Yuki sent her a message? Insert Ackbar here.

- How does Yuno and Yuki know their friends are around and looking for them? Yuki's diary?

- "hai guyz, i totally found yuki and it wasnt a trap or nEthin". :shifty: Seems legit.

- Also, no one runs from Yuno. Well, no one runs away and lives. She'd gut a bitch just for making eye contact with Yuki.

- It could be Yuki! (It's not. You guys are dumb.)

- Jerkass, you fucking idiot. Why the fuck would you leave the door? You could hear them from where you were standing. (Although, Yuno probably would have gutted him if he'd stayed there.

- So why didn't Yuno just kill BTG?

- Oh, Yuki's friends. It sucks to be you. As much as Yuki tries to protect you, it makes Yuno want to kill you all the more. Maybe you should have just abandoned ship before.

- WTF? She chained Yuki up? Wow, she went from being "crazy stalker who wants to help Yuki but won't force him to do anything" to "crazy dominatrix who's gonna make him lick her boots" pretty fast.

- Yuno just hates Yuki having any contact with people other than her. No friends for you, Yuki!

- How will they escape? (Spoiler: It's the vent. There's always a vent. They always escape through a vent.)

- Who the hell is Second? Can we just call them by their names/defining characteristics? (It's Yuno, right?)

- I wonder what Murmur wants if she wins. I bet she wants god-powers or something. That sneaky bitch.

- Holy shit, what the fuck?

- Why is Yuno in her underwear? Don't tell me her happy ending is raping the crap out of Yuki.

- That ending image of her in her underwear with those skulls is chilling.

- Oh, Murmur. I don't know what the fuck you smoked but I want some.

- I also love that BTG just blows her off.

I've been reading the Minami-ke manga the past couple days. I like it but I don't know why.Anyway, it's a nice little time killer.

ANOTHER!

First episode was good, basically a lead-in. It's intriguing, kinda Higurashi-esque. The opening song is hooooorrible though. It's supposed to be scary! :angry: I can't take it seriously with that jumpy kinda beat. Ending song is better. The preview song that's on for five seconds is miles ahead of both of them, at least it evokes some mood.

Edited by StevenRichardsRules

I really need to start watching things, I've just sat watching Pokemon Best Wishes lately. It's strangely addictive, however I'm up to episode 54 and the website I use doesn't have any more available so I will have to 'locate' them. Still, I need it out the way so I can concentrate on more serious anime. :shifty:

Stuff I've watched lately.

Gundam AGE is actually pretty good as of late, think next week is the final episode - maybe, I'm not sure, they dubbed it 'the final battle' and I thought the last one would be the last episode but it wasn't so maybe this one? Who knows. It's interesting now though, they've identified the Unknown Enemy and have launched an assault on their space fortress 'Ambat'. I'm sure good will prevail.

Started watching Gundam SEED because it's being released in a remastered version, so I figured why not. Only watched the first episode and I don't really recall a great amount of what happened so I can't comment too much right now but I'm sure it'll be fine, I love Gundam afterall.

Mirai Nikki Episode 13

So.. I refuse to believe Yuno has gone heel on us but she definitely is batshit insane. Still no idea as to what the skulls are, or should I say who they belong to, but I'm sure all will be revealed in some psychotic and fanciful way sooner or later. Still don't think Akise is out of this scot-free and if he isn't a diary holder he's got to be connected to one in someway. Also they have the Jnr detective. They must play roles in someway or they wouldn't take part in the show. Good episode, if only to get away from the whole clogginess of Yukiteru whining about everything for twenty two minutes or so.

I have BRAVE10 and Moretsu Space Pirates (I'll stick to Moretsu because 'Bodacious Space Pirates' and 'Miniskirt Space Pirates' as I've seen them called elsewhere seems creepy - but it's been highly scored in reviews I've seen so I'm hopeful) ready to watch when I get time, and I'll also get Another when I'm home. Still waiting on most of the others I listed to begin.

Proposal to spoiler Another posts given there is more than one person watching it in this thread?

Edited by IAceI

Response to IAceI on Mirai Nikki

Those skulls are the skulls of her parents, aren't they? I'm fairly sure they are. I'm guessing Yuno dug the skulls up later, when she decided to leave town. She obviously has some attachment to her parents' corpses, since she left them unburied until Yuki found them (and only buried them quite a bit later, when Akise started snooping around).

I'd say we should probably spoiler Another, just to be safe. Far as I know, it's just me and you thus far but I'm guessing some of the others will jump on in a bit so it's best not to give away too much.

That Space Pirates show has been reviewed well? Really? It's only been on, what, a week?

Mirai Nikki, episode 13:

--Yukki and Yuno on a bus...okay.

--Akise calling on Yuki, and the cop that's NOT ...4th? Is there.

--Ah they're going to see the stars.

--Yu-kki :shifty:

--YAY EPIC MUSIC!

--Ok, and now we're with Deus.

--Wow Fourth, guess that makes you the Steelers :shifty:

--Murmur's a manipulative little....thing.

--MY NAME'S YUKKI, YUKKITERU :shifty:

--Yuno going to get something to drink. This will not end well.

--Huh, it ended well.

--Oh hey, fanservice.

--And now I'm creeped out because these are apparently well endowed middle school checks. I mean, those things could be used as life preservers!

--Ah, Hinata is ......what the fuck? Is perv or shifty right for this?!

--And the Yaoi fangirls rejoice.

--Ok, Akise is here, therefore this MUST be important.

--That's not a diary Akise has. It's a DEATH NOTE! :shifty:

--Seriously, translators, pick a fucking way to spell Yukiteru's name, please!

--Ah, Hinata has a crush on Yuki. .....Oh fuck, Yuno's bound to find out. Suck's for Hinata

--Meanwhile, Not Fourth (Nishijima) is...nevermind.

--Ok, so we have people sleeping and...nothing. Well, that was useless.

--Cool, they're piecing together the diary holders.

--They aren't avoiding them, they haven't even met them!

--Meh, L would have had this case solved.

--Could it be they just want to get away for the weekend? Seriously Akise, go into the room, have a threeway with Mao and Hinata, and stop worrying so much.

--You guys remember Yuno, right? The crazy bitch that tried to kill all of you?

--This guy's not a detective, he's a stalker.

--Thank you, the guy that's not Akise gets it.

--After complaining about not washing his hands, Akise touches them? o_O

--Wow, that could be like....every hotel in town that's in business?

--No shit.

--Maybe not. I assume that pickaxe is Yuno's doing.

--So not only is Yuno batshit, she's also one of Jigsaw's apprentices.

--Relax in a death trap. That's brilliant.

--DON'T CALL IN A SWAT TEAM GUYS.

--Meanwhile, with the two smart ones...

--"I'm confined in the Cellar of the Grand Hotel. Please come here quickly so Yuno doesn't notice! Oh no, Yuno's coming back. Help me!"'

--DON'T CALL THE COPS OR ANYTHING!

--It's a trap!

--"Found Yukiteru. Running away from Gasai right now. Please save Yukiteru who's confined in the cellar."

--Again, Don't call the freaking cops...<_<

--I love it. They're going into an obviously dangerous situation unnarmed and unsupported.

--SURPRISE, IT'S A DUMMY, DUMMY!

--Oh no. Well done, Akise.

--That's right, keep listening to Akise, the guy that fucking lead you down here.

--GAS! DUNT DUN DUN!

--Yes, you have to get out....BUT HOW?!

--And back to Deus.

--Murmur's with second to win.

--Deus is with Yukiteru.

--Wow, nice creepy shot.

--Boo, they changed the ending slightly.

--Still some time left, so there's probably a stinger.

--o_O NO SHIT CENSORED.

--Any wish for saving her, eh?

--o_O Wow.

--.....Why would she want a waterproof cell phone? :shifty:

--Wow, Mao swings that way.

Ok, while I'm not fond of seeing an episode where the focus is not the main characters, it wasn't too bad. Nice cliffhanger there.

And yes, this isn't much of a spoiler, Yuno is Second. In fact, the revealed diary holders, and their respective diaries:

First: Amano Yukiteru -- Random Diary

Second: Gasai Yuno -- Yukiteru Diary

Third: Hiyama Takao (Serial Killer Teacher) DEAD -- Murder Diary

Fourth: Kurusu Keigo (The Cop) DEAD -- Criminal Investigation Diary

Fifth: Hojo Reisuke (Scary Psychotic Child) DEAD BUT VERY HAPPY! -- Hyper Vision Diary

Sixth: Kasugana Tsubaki (Cult Leader) DEAD -- Clairvoyance Diary

Seventh A: Ikusaba Marco (Pompadour) DEAD -- Unbeatable Brawler Diary

Seventh B: Ikusaba-Mikami Ai DEAD -- Flirting Diary

Eighth: ?????

Ninth: Uryu Minene (Bomber Girl) -- Escape Diary

Tenth: Tsukishima Karyuudo (Dog man) DEAD -- Breeder's Diary

Eleventh: ?????

Twelfth: Hirasaka Yumotsu (Blind Superhero Guy) DEAD -- Justice Diary

Five to go.

Clearly IAceI has the Future Episodes Diary. :shifty:

Another talk here

I think it's interesting that when the classmates from Yomi North go to visit Main Character in the hospital, they keep asking him if he's from the town or lived there a long time. Makes me think of Higurashi. There's also that handshake part where the Pigtails stands there a minute. Did the handshake tell her something? Then she was absent from school.

The look on Glasses Chick's face when Main Character told her about seeing Misaki was interesting as well. Maybe the person they talked about the start (who was claiming Misaki was there) wasn't making it up like the story teller thought.

I love that Misaki's name can be read as both symphony and scream. That's a nice creepy little detail.

Indeed. Your Diary is clearly working well for you. :shifty:

There's, what, like ten-ish episodes left in Mirai Nikki? Plenty of time for shit to go really wrong.

Just watched Ano Natsu De Matteru. I'm a sucker for anything made by the people who made Toradora and Ano Hana. You can really see the Ano Hana in the art style. As for the plot, I'm really not sure what to think. I liked the first episode but what the fuck. What in all the fuck. So many questions.

Most of them have pretty obvious answers. Redhead is an alien. She landed the night when Camera Guy was filming and nearly (or did) kill him accidentally. So she used her freaky alien technology (and possibly that plant thing that looks like a Pokemon) to revive him. She has to kiss him to save him at the end because ???.

My favourite character thus far is Kanna, the girl who obviously likes the main character but he's too stupid to notice, followed closely by Semi-Douchey Friend

Day Later Edit: Normal Life of High School Boys was decent, kinda fun. Miles ahead of Kill Me Baby, though that doesn't take much. I'll probably continue with that one.

Guilty Crown Episode 12

I don't think even the writers know what's coming next sometimes on this show. I think we've pretty much got to the half way stage and now we're being introduced to bigger and more evil baddies than previously. Gai seems to be dead, being the typical martyr towards the end. It's baffling as hell this program and I'm finding it hard to keep up with at times but it has a fun soundtrack and isn't too ridiculous so I keep watching it. Hasn't lived up to the early promise though.

Another Episode 1

Something new! And I actually got round to watching it. It's actually creepy as hell and not really the sort of thing I'd watch but I'm giving it a go at least. The introduction music is massively anti-climactic with it's upbeat tempo after an eerie ghost story. So the story is about a girl who is supposedly dead but is still there and every time her name is mentioned people seem to get scared. Also the 3 who came to visit the main character (Sakakibaru(?) in hospital scared the hell out of me.) I'm scared.

:(

Couple of episodes of Moretsu Pirates to watch as I've never got round to watching it just yet. Also Inu x Boku SS is out too I think so need to watch that. On the other hand I'm completely up to date with Pokemon Best Wishes now so need to get that into my routine and I need to catch up on Gundam SEED Remastered. Also Code Geass Season Two is out on Anime Legends at the end of January so I will be buying that and going through it sometime soon.

IAceI regarding Another

Pretty sure she is dead, judging by Glasses Girl's reaction when he asks about her. Plus, the desk she sits in is ancient compared to the rest and conspicuously never used by anyone else. Also, she headed to the morgue when Main Character met her.

In the prologue thing at the start, the narrators are talking about how someone in the class swore Dead Girl was still alive and in the classroom. That must be happening again/now.

I want to know why they associate Main Character's name with death. Does he have the same name as the person who supposedly saw Dead Girl before?

Yes, Another is creepy. I really want to see what happens next.

EDIT: The new Mirai Nikki was awesome. Watch it so we can discuss how awesome it was.

Mirai Nikki

Holy fucking shit is Yuno scary. Like...oh my god, crazier than I expected.

And Kousaka is a future diary owner now :D He's 8th? Wasn't there an 8th already?

I love the Kousaka kick ^_^

....Yuno's serious voice scares me.

...there has to be something in those skulls....

Or she has a crossbow.

He used to be a Future Diary Owner....and then he took an arrow to the area above the knee.

Bitch slap! Fuck you Yuno, you crazy bitch!

And three diary owners? :o Who?!

YES! LEAVE HER THERE!

....I love you Yukki! "Go to hell"...that is the best thing he's said all series.

.....OH MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER HEAD?! WHY IS SHE A GIANT?!

So....those three are apprentice diary owners? What the hell does that mean?

Mirai Nikki discussion

It seems that Eight (Giant Head Woman who I totally thought was a guy initially) has the power to gain "apprentice diary owners". I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it seems like you have to use your phone/diary so much to get the ability (like how Kousaka had written in his phone diary a bunch before he got "upgraded"). The three diary owners were the three apprentices of Eight who were in the car. They look kinda badass and I anxiously await seeing Yuno tear them apart.

Maybe she controls them somehow, like how that guy controlled the dogs? She obviously gets information from her "apprentice diaries" though.

I wonder whether killing Eighth would also kill Kousaka too, since he's now involved.

Bitch slapping Yuno and telling her to go to hell was an epic move by Yukki. Also a really stupid one, but whatever.

Personally, I love that Yuno's rationale for kidnapping Yukki was "Yukki and I bump uglies on July 28th so I should drug him and keep him chained up until then so nothing bad happens". It's ... genuis!

I also like how hurt she looked and then how she suddenly snapped back into "I have to protect Yukki, he needs me" mode.

I want to know who the third skull is. Old boyfriend is my guess.

Mirai Nikki discussion

It seems that Eight (Giant Head Woman who I totally thought was a guy initially) has the power to gain "apprentice diary owners". I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it seems like you have to use your phone/diary so much to get the ability (like how Kousaka had written in his phone diary a bunch before he got "upgraded"). The three diary owners were the three apprentices of Eight who were in the car. They look kinda badass and I anxiously await seeing Yuno tear them apart.

Maybe she controls them somehow, like how that guy controlled the dogs? She obviously gets information from her "apprentice diaries" though.

I wonder whether killing Eighth would also kill Kousaka too, since he's now involved.

Bitch slapping Yuno and telling her to go to hell was an epic move by Yukki. Also a really stupid one, but whatever.

Personally, I love that Yuno's rationale for kidnapping Yukki was "Yukki and I bump uglies on July 28th so I should drug him and keep him chained up until then so nothing bad happens". It's ... genuis!

I also like how hurt she looked and then how she suddenly snapped back into "I have to protect Yukki, he needs me" mode.

I want to know who the third skull is. Old boyfriend is my guess.

I really hope Kousaka doesn't die when Giant Bitch bites the dust, he is one of the better supporting characters!

My first guess for the third skull was a sibling...but yeah, a past boyfriend makes a lot more sense.