Currently, the stuff I want to knock out:

Angel Beats

Bakemonogatri

Cromartie High School

Durarara

FLCL

Lovely Complex

Special A

Tsukihime (only because it takes place in the same universe as Fate; apparently the Visual Novel is much better)

School Days (Debating between this and the visual novel; the VN isn't fully translated)

Also, thinking about Nichijou; as TVTropes describes it:

"Remember when we described Azumanga Daioh as Peanuts on LSD? Well, this is Azumanga Daioh on even more LSD!"

Also thinking about watching Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Cromartie probably isn't worth the effort. I watched a few episodes but it didn't really catch me. Should be a hell of a lot funnier than it is.

School Days is bad, in a hilarious way. It's one of those things you watch to say you have and then never watch again.

Durarara was fun. Not mind-blowing or anything, but I liked it. Mind you, I watched the sub rather than the dub, so I couldn't tell you how the English version is. From what I've seen (one Youtube video), I haaaated Izaya's voice in the dub. But maybe the rest if better? I dunno.

EDIT: Durarara also has a bunch of references to Baccano, one of the team's previous works. If you liked Baccano, you'd probably like DRRR!!.

Nichijou was okay-ish. I watched the first three or so episodes and all I remember is the wind-up robot girl.

Edited by StevenRichardsRules

I am going to have to watch this again (FLCL), it's really not making much sense, other than some eccentric pscyho genki alien biker chick going batshit. :shifty:

What part of it isn't making sense? It's a social commentary on how the American populace is draining the world of not just it's resources, but it's life. The alien biker chick is their way of saying the United States needs to be invaded and have a drastic change take effect before they completely ruin the world. And the robot angel? Another social commentary! It represents how much we've come to rely on technology over the years...without it, we'd be lost.

Or, it just doesn't make any sense at all. But I like my explanation better.

.....Yeah, going to watch it again in the future.

Now: giving NGE a shot. Also, I hate that it's Thursday, I want to watch the next episode of Fate/Zero :( .

Even if you don't watch this I think you should still read my synopsis of this, because there's no way you can understand what the hell is going on! :shifty:

Guilty Crown Episode 9

Que?! What the bloomin' heck is going on now? No Gai in this episodes which is a bit of a shame because he's total badass and always blows things up without really caring that much.

But anyways, Yahiro reappears in this episode. How touching. With his little brother who most definitely is a girl, definitely a girl. Sure of that. Anyways he tries to say sorry, sort of, for selling out Shu but he had to do it because of his brother/sister didn't he?

Shu is all like 'I'll help you, to help Jun, he's done nothing wrong' and he has a bit of backbone and seems to have developed as a character. Are you watching Mirai Nikki!? CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

It's all very lovely and stuff but when Jun (the brother/sister/albatross thing) stands up and attracts the Endlave's pincer things to it (which had been following the light of the void) he is speared into the roof - which is never good for anyone.

There's a bit of a flashback, I think he's still actually barely alive right now, and he begs Shu to kill him because his brother is turning bad by doing all this stuff to save him and such. Or something. There's some crying like a little child being stood on (the Apocalypse virus migrated from Jun to the Endlave(!!!) when he was speared) so now the Endlave is like a big furry bird. It's actually a bit of a creepy looking illness. I certainly wouldn't want it, whatever it is.

Shu does the honourable thing and uses Yahiro's void (shears) to snip at something which appears to kill Jun. How fitting.

Fast forward a little bit and Yahiro comes around on a bench and asks where his brother/sister/pet bird is (Shu had earlier promised(!) to save Jun).. so Shu tells Yahrio that his brother died. How unfortunate.

And then tells him that he was the one who killed him. WHAT!? Don't say that you tit.

And so it ends.

Edited by IAceI

Rewatched part of Steins;Gate tonight. Trying to figure something out.

Who's showing up in seven years? Future Girl? Surely she couldn't be born and turn 16/17 years unless Daru has super-sperm, right?

I'm guessing that she is BORN in seven years. Is that what I was supposed to understand?

Also

What was the deal with Mr. Braun and Shining Finger again? I can't quite remember.

He was working for CERN and pretending to be a woman (FB) to get Shining Finger to do his bidding. Why was she doing it again? Hell, what was up with her?

Rewatched part of Steins;Gate tonight. Trying to figure something out.

Who's showing up in seven years? Future Girl? Surely she couldn't be born and turn 16/17 years unless Daru has super-sperm, right?

I'm guessing that she is BORN in seven years. Is that what I was supposed to understand?

Also

What was the deal with Mr. Braun and Shining Finger again? I can't quite remember.

He was working for CERN and pretending to be a woman (FB) to get Shining Finger to do his bidding. Why was she doing it again? Hell, what was up with her?

Regarding time traveller:

Yes, she would be born in seven years time to Daru and what we assume is Mayuri. She had to disappear because she was stuck in the present but if they crossed paths it would cause problems for someone to see a future version of themselves or something. So he put her badge in a box for she was born in seven years (but Daru etc. didn't realise this) - I'm assuming because he crossed the 1% divergence line into a different world as such.

Regarding FB:

Fernando Braun was pretending to be a woman entirely so Shining Finger would trust him/her. As she was more likely to trust a woman in that situation. Think she was just lonely as to why she did it. Assuming that in the future the reason FB and Shining Finger could co-exist is because they had passed the 1% divergence and therefore didn't know of an 'FB' or CERN as such.

May have to watch again and write an essay on the subject so I can truly understand the fucking thing. It's still awesome though. :shifty:

Edited by IAceI

Fate/Zero Episode 11:

And another great episode. The whole thing revolves around Rider wanting to drink, and so he does so with Saber and Archer. I liked seeing Archer use the Gate of Babylon to pull out his personal wine. Not only is it an insane armory, apparently it can also function as a grocery store. I also love how he justifies wanting the Grail:

Archer: "Well, all the treasures in the world were part of my cache."

Rider: "...Even the Grail?"

Archer: "....I don't know. Probably."

And then there's Saber getting a new one ripped by Rider on why she's a shitty king. While very little is given about Fate's version of the Arthurian legend, going by the real world's legend, I have to give this one to Rider. What kind of king lets a rebellion succeed?

And finally, Assassin screws up big time. Ok, so having quite a few Assassins might be a bit of a stretch, but then Rider ups the ante significantly. His only error was that he should've gone after Archer and Saber as well.

So, eleven episodes in, we finally see the first elimination of a Servant. This leaves Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, Berserker and Caster, with two episodes left before hiatus. Should be fun seeing what they try to squeeze in next.