The Anime Thread

Ruki

The first episode isn't really a 'proper' episode so you won't get it based off that. You probably won't really get it until near the very end to be honest but if you're wondering whether you should watch it or not then I think the universal answer from people here would be yes. Since it seems to have been a bit of a hit.

Watching Ruki fathoming it out episode by episode was really funny too. :shifty:

Steins;Gate is definately worth watching. I'd say it takes a few episodes (maybe three?) to get a good basis of what's going on. You'll get it all near the end.

Mirai Nikki Episode 8 Running Thoughts

- lawl, old farmer dude. That isn't how this works. I hope Deus bitch-slaps you. Or at least gives you a good talking-to.

- I am interested to know exactly what Police Chief is planning. He obviously got Terrorist Girl to save Yuno and Yukki, for whatever stupid reason.

- I love the sound effect as Yuno pops out from behind the corner. Gave me a good laugh.

- "Don't use your future diary at school. Or ever again. Or make friends." Seems like legit advice. :rolleyes:

- So Yuno, the one who noticed A TOMATO'S WEIGHT WAS DIFFERENT, didn't notice that white haired guy? Doesn't make lots of sense, but I can roll with it.

- That white haired guy can't be a diary owner. Or at least I don't think he is, since I can't remember his siloutte being part of the twelve. Still, he's a bit strange, staring and Yukki and disappearing like that.

- Who's this guy? Oooooh, guy who was supposedly Yukki's friend that betrayed him. Ehhhh.

- Yes, loudly yell that Yukki let his class die. That doesn't attract any attention. Or make people think you're deranged or anything.

- Enter the new love interest!

- "Nothing's budding." Your chest says otherwise.

- Enter the new diary owner! I think. Is this photographer chick the silouette with the cat ears? No, wait, wasn't that Cult Chick? I'm a bit confused.

- Anyway, it's a pretty bad idea for both Jerk Friend and Love Interest with Giant Rack (LIGR for short) to piss Yuno off. And you can be sure SHE is using her diary to keep tabs on Yukki.

- And Yukki's a moron. He fails at getting up.

- I love that the photographer girl doesn't react and just takes more pictures.

- I wonder if Serial Killer #2 is that fat guy with the chef's hat in the opening. It's be funny if it was.

- That Big Breasted Chick sure gets over things fast.

- So Akise is that white haired guy. I'm guessing he's onto (at least partly) what Yukki and Yuno have been up to.

- Yuno waits. Wait, why is Yukki friends with that asshole again? Well, these motherfuckers are gonna make Yuno mad, which is a really poor life choice. :)

- It's evidence contaminating time!

- Yuno is definately not a happy camper. No, Yukki, not "whatever". How many people have you seen her kill thus far?

- Montage!

- Love how Yuno's standing in the far back in every picture, just enough to be blurry.

- BTG invites Yuno to join in. I almost thought she would. Then it pans down to her writing in the dirt. I was thinking it would be a threat to Yukki but nope. Just "die" written over and over again.

- Nice little moment where Yukki is making friends. Then it's cannibal serial killer with a chainsaw time! Uh, why did BTG run ahead in the first place? I thought she was going home from there but she said something about the others being slow, implying that they were supposed to be with her.

- Jesus, Yukki, maybe you should have been using your diary before so you'd have KNOWN something would happen. And how the hell can Yuno and Yukki be talking so loudly about their diaries ect. when photographer girl and asshole friend are standing RIGHT THERE?

- "First friend." ...except for you, Yuno.

- God damn it. I can't read any of the text in this sub.

- Arm! Sucks to be BTG, although they usually die near the start of a horror movie anyway, right?

- Dogs? Well there is that dog in the opening. Maybe Deus let the guy push his diary into the dog? But then, how the hell did BTG's arm come off? And what was with the chainsaw noise?

- Yeah, run! That is a good idea.

- White haired dude appears. I'm curious as to why the hell he's so calm when a bunch of feral dogs are bearing down on them. Maybe he is a diary owner after all.

- And a million fangirls go crazy and start pairing these two off.

- Friends? You've know each other the entirety of sixty seconds.

- Well, Yukki will probably pull this guy's pants down too.

- Poor Yukki. Anyone he gets close to is either a diary owner and wants to kill him or an innocent who gets hurt because of him. Invest in a good psychologist. You'll need it.

- Okay, so it's the Old Guy that's the serial killer.

- Blogging with Man Eating Dogs. I'd visit that site.

- Also, WTF Mary. I predict animal abuse in the future.

- Lent? So there's two in on this.

- Yuno doesn't like investigations.

- Yukki sure is gullible. All you have to tell him is that you're his friend and he believes it.

- Block all of them! <_<

- Yukki actually is pretty selfless. He's willing to help the people in need, regardless of whether they have his best intentions at heart. Gotta kind of admire him for that, despite the fact that it always seems to backfire.

- Yukki, you tard. Don't explain your diary to them!

- Okay, Yuno's really fucking pissed. Lives are gonna be in her hands now, know what I mean?

- Ah, the white haired guy and the photographer chick are the lovers under the window from the end credits.

- Well, BTG is still alive. And a diary owner apparently. And so's the white haired guy. Damn it, Mirai Nikki. Now I'm going to have to watch the openings and closings again to see if I can pick these people out.

- BTG would have the Breeder's Diary. :pervert:

- Oh, maybe BTG was the soldier?

- And Jerk Friend and Photographer Girl may be the lovers?

- Oh, so is Detective guy the one on the platform at the very end?

- Damn it, so confused.

- Murmer Edition: Hit by bike, go to amusement park. Awesome. I'm going to get hit by a car and go to Disney Land now! I also love that Murmur just starts adopting his poses near the end.

- The mystery of the missing bike seat!

EDIT: Ah, okay. Rewatching it with not-so-laggy video helped.

- So the old man lent his diary to his daughter, the chick with the big tits. Okay, I've got it now.

- And white haired dude is a diary owner. Apparently. Still hard to see him in the opening or closing but yeah, that's interesting.

- I'm curious as to why Photographer Chick is helping out. From my rewatch, it seems like she's with BTG. What's she getting? She's obviously not a diary owner.

- Didn't the Police Chief have a investigation diary too? What's with this kid exactly?

Edited by StevenRichardsRules

Mirai Nikki - Episode 6 thoughts

- Yuno breaks in.

- I love that opening song.

- Why do i have a feeling that for some reason Yuno will end up killing Yukki's mother eventually.

- More Yuno creepiness ensues, though that's not really a spoiler.

- Yuno's so glad Yukki's mom liked her, guess i wasn't too wrong on what would've happened.

- WTF the little kid tries to kill Yuno?

- Oh, he has a diary as well, didn't see that one coming.

Actually watching this little behind is much better than having to wait a week after every episode. Steins;Gate episode 2 to watch next.

EDIT: Episode 2 finished. Okay, i'm interested to see where it's going. I'll keep watching.

Edited by The Sandman

Found out why Guilty Crown is so good:

Take the director of Death Note and Highschool of the Dead, toss in the writers of Mai-Hi and Code Geass, and you have yourself one hell of a show.

Also good stuff right now:

Ben-to: A world where half-priced meals is Serious Business.

Fate/Zero: Goes without saying. Great if you've seen Fate/Stay night, great if you haven't.

Bakuman: From the writing team of Death Note, watch two kids try to become manga-ka.

Ah, I see. Well, that's better than I expected.

I just had the big turn spoiled and figured that knowing that event was coming was going to keep me from getting into it. Below are super-not-safe spoilers:

Knew his mom died because of Youtube comments, then was told that it leads to him and Yuno sleeping together and she convinces him he can bring her back if he wins (so he starts taking the game seriously). I've also been told something about two Yunos (near the end) but I couldn't understand it, and didn't want to, so yeahhh.

I kept hoping there was a cannibal in the last episode. :( But there wasn't.

Still, shit is going down.

I am half tempted to watch Tower of Druaga again, that was an enjoyable series. Plus, I loved the opening theme.

I love remembering that Crunchyroll is a thing, because now, I will be watching anime on my lunch breaks. Today....Blue Exorcist (based mostly on the cover art.

Edit: The first episode was interesting enough, will keep at it!

Just finished episode 22 of Steins;Gate, that was really kinda sad :(

It's a good thing I stayed after the credits (I couldn't remember if you guys said 22 or 23)...may finish it tonight :shifty:

Double post....just because the last few minutes of episode 23 were fucking AMAZING.

I don't really understand it, but dammit, it was good.

Deceive his past self? I don't understand how that will fix anything...he will activate the D-Mail and.....go through everything all over again. And then his current self can live on? I think?

Man, this is super confusing. But I love it.

And I'm not sure why, but I love it when anime plays the main/ending theme behind a dramatic moment and such. Kinda like this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5DG3LzqfW4&feature=related

I was looking for the sub....but this was all I could find. The dub is kinda bad >_< I didn't realize how much anime was actually available on youtube.

I was under the impression that it's all happening simultaneously, so he has to deceive his past self (and make sure PS goes through all that) to keep the future where Christina is alive in tact.

Then how the hell does future Okarin exist?! If his past self is going to do the exact same thing, which means past self and all other selves successfully saved her eventually.....HOW DOES FUTURE OKARIN EXIST?! He wouldn't have a need to send the message back in time (or the ability, since there is no time travel).

Time travel hurts my head :(

Such a great anime, I loved it.

I might be wrong but I'm thinking it's a Doctor Manhattan thing.

Past, present and future are all occuring simultaneously. As such, he's perpetually going through this cycle (and must keep doing so) in order to keep the future as it is. But Protagonist Okarin has gone through it now and can leave it up to the next Okarin to continue the cycle. Well, he eventually has to do the future Okarin stuff but he's passed the buck, so to speak.

Or maybe I'm just wrong.

Edited by StevenRichardsRules