The Anime Thread

Ruki

Yeah, the sites I usually go to didn't have it either. I even checked before I went to bed, around 4, and it still wasn't up. It is now and it's pretty stellar.

On another forum, someone was complaining about the pacing. Isn't there like eight episodes left and only a few (being generic so as not to spoil anything for anyone) diary owners to be dealt with? I don't understand them saying the ending was going to be super rushed. Granted, I haven't read the manga so...

Yay, he read the manga! I wonder if he shit bricks over that spoiler I posted :shifty:

-- So, what goofy shit will they ....oh, Yukki's dad.

-- BRING BACK THE OLD THEME :angry:

-- "Repairs" hmm.

-- Meanwhile, what's not 4th up...oh, he's with 9th.

-- They're training Yukki. And here's Ninth with a perfect opportunity to kill him or something....oh, she has to to use to fight Seventh.

-- Well, this is ackward.

-- Christ, can you imaginue if Yuno walked into that?

-- You mean, thank God Yuno isn't there :shifty:

-- Well gee Yukki, maybe if you WON THE FUCKING GAME YOU COULD MAKE THE REMARRY.

-- "What does Yukki want?" A normal life?

-- Oh, and he swings for the fences. And he calls the old man out on a borken promise.

-- Are people stupid?! Seventh had access to Yuno's room too? And they didn't bother to kill them?! Look, it's a fucking diary that's just shows shit Yukki sees and Yuno's goofy diary about Yukki. Just break the damn things and be done with it.

-- Unless they fucked with the diaries to fuck with Seventh. Still, they should break them even if they're being fucked with :shifty:

-- DUN DUN DUN. Something tells me Seventh-G (G cause she's a girl) isn't close to the lovey dovey killer Yuno is.

-- Tests of strength. With Yukki and Yukki's dad.

-- Also, I wish they could figure out how to spell his name.

-- And it's Yukki winning by 3!

-- Yes Ninth, tell us all about seeing :shifty: And she's fucking Yukki over.

-- Ugh, the second act better pick up, this feels like filler <_< .

-- o_O I love how Yuno has that knife.

-- "I'm glad his daddy is a good person". Awwww fuck.

-- 3 Million in Debt? You know, looking at Haruhi's debt in Ouran High School Host Club, that's not too bad. (She was at 8)

-- One of Yukki's handicaps? How about the lack of balls?

-- HEARTS ON FIRE, STRONG DESIRE.....SONG FROM ROCKY IV.....TRAINING MONTAGE....etc. Well, not quite.

-- And Daddy leaves him. Oh well.

-- Because apparently everybody with a future diary is a dumb shit. Except Yuno. She fucking gets it.

-- Gee, what could Yukki's dad be looking for? :shifty:

-- Oh shit, and Yuno saw him. *grabs popcorn*

-- HAHAHAHAHA, Oh, he's just a pawn.

-- Meanwhile, with 8th.

-- Not Fourth, playing the warrant card.

-- Oh shit. Nice cover Yukki.

-- Christ, where does she find this stuff?!

-- Yukki's dad is working for Eleventh?! (Who I think is the only one we haven't seen yet).

-- Seventh is not a subtle unit...

-- It's scary to hear Yuno say "this is bad."

-- This is kind of a half assed translation I'm using. DAMN YOU FILESHARE AND FILESONIC :angry:

-- Oh dear. A wedding scene.

-- Ugh, stupdity rears it's ugly head again.

-- YUKKI's HULKING UP!

-- Bah Gawd, King, Seventh's gonna chokeslam Yukiteru!

-- Wait...what's this! YUNO'S GOT THE KINFE! SHE'S GOT THE KNIFE!

-- What a display of power by that monster Seventh!

-- Wow, Yukki's dad is going to break the phone.

-- NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

-- AND YUNO'S IN WITH THE HOT TAG!

-- No shit it was a fake :shifty:

-- AND NOW YUNO HAS THE REAL PHONES!

-- Which of course, Yukki's dad is going to want.

-- This should be a fun conversation :shifty:

-- You'd think Yukki would be used to bombs by now.

-- And down he goes, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

-- Eh, I'd go with with Yuno. She at least won't abandon him :shifty:

-- Three minutes left, so there's probably a Murmur stinger.

-- Okay, so....oh gee.

-- Bah. The Murmur things are dumb.

-- So, what started off as a somewhat fillery episode descended into typical Future Diary madness. Decent episode. I can only assume that shit's going to go down at Eigths, Yukki's in a building that's collapsing along with Yuno, his dad and Seventh, so...yeah. Next episode should be pretty fun.

And don't worry about the pacing. There's nine episodes left, plenty of time for things to pick up.

Yeah, I kinda figured that guy didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

It's Another night! :w00t:

And they're finally explaining some shit! :w00t:

And it just gets better. After every episode, I can't wait for the next week to come.

EDIT: Someone watch Ano Natsu de Matteru with me. It's so much fun.

Edited by StevenRichardsRules

Yuki's dad is weird....and oh dear god...Yuno watching from the bushes with the smile on her face? CREEPY. Man, this show is great at making her seem like the creepiest fucking person ever.

:o

Yukki's dad is an evil prick!

o_O

That look she gave his dad....scary

I was meh towards that episode for the first 15 minutes or so, but the ending in the tower was pretty awesome. Can't wait until the next episode! :D

I didn't think it was too great this latest episode, the early part seemed very filler-y at least but it did get back and I know for a fact it gets even better very soon so it's not too bad.

Yuki's dad seemed more douche-y in the manga I thought, but maybe I'm wrong. Can't believe he almost nearly killed his son without realising though.

:shifty:

Watched Guilty Crown episode fourteen too which was really quite good, since the half way stage it's got a lot better I thought.

Still struggling to get hold of a lot of the stuff I need to watch, particularly Another which is doing my head in.

PS, Mick which spoilers were they? I intentionally didn't read anything spoilered in here until after I watched the relevant episode and if I thought anything was a spoiler for later in the show I didn't read them at all and haven't gone back and checked since I read the manga. I read the first couple of chapters and it seemed almost verbatim from manga to anime so I figured I was able to just skip over to where the anime was currently and read from there and I wouldn't miss anything out.

I have Gundam AGE, Inu x Boku SS, Another and Brave10 all to watch still, but I have the episodes, just need to get Rinne no Lagrange as well and that should be me up to date.

Also been watching Cowboy Bebop in my spare time (not much) and I'm up to about episode six - as I never watched it originally since I only got properly into anime a short while back that and only intermittently prior, and obviously I need to watch up on my classics. Can see why it is so highly rated amongst anime fans. It's truly brilliant but not sure I'd have appreciated it as much a few years ago so kind of glad I've just got into it.

PS, Mick which spoilers were they? I intentionally didn't read anything spoilered in here until after I watched the relevant episode and if I thought anything was a spoiler for later in the show I didn't read them at all and haven't gone back and checked since I read the manga. I read the first couple of chapters and it seemed almost verbatim from manga to anime so I figured I was able to just skip over to where the anime was currently and read from there and I wouldn't miss anything out.

I have Gundam AGE, Inu x Boku SS, Another and Brave10 all to watch still, but I have the episodes, just need to get Rinne no Lagrange as well and that should be me up to date.

Also been watching Cowboy Bebop in my spare time (not much) and I'm up to about episode six - as I never watched it originally since I only got properly into anime a short while back that and only intermittently prior, and obviously I need to watch up on my classics. Can see why it is so highly rated amongst anime fans. It's truly brilliant but not sure I'd have appreciated it as much a few years ago so kind of glad I've just got into it.

Everybody besides IAceI, ignore this. You are warned. Like, really warned.

The Third Skeleton.

He's right. Do not read it!

I'm fucking warning you! If you don't know, don't read!

To be honest I felt quite relieved when it was revealed, sort of, because of how subtle yet revealing the intro can be I worked out that the 'two Yuno's' were relevant in someway and had it pegged down as a twin, especially when the 'that's an imposter' was started up by Akise (turns out I was right about him being diary holder too, sort of! Although I didn't have him pegged as gay..).

So yeah, it was kind of a shock and kind of relief and kind of a surprise yes. Although I have to say, by the end I was rather confused of the whole thing with the time travelling - Steins;Gate was enough time leaping for me and it hurt my head too! - but they got their in the end.

And what a bitch Murmur was, that was probably the biggest surprise for me!

Updates, even if you don't read them it at least reminds me of where I am up to and what I need to watch. :shifty:

Gundam AGE Episode 15 & 16

They're on the Ambat and have infiltrated the enemy ship! Well done. A few unknown characters get killed along the way as Grodek initiates his 'five-year old's formulated plan' and they disconnect the sentry guns by USB cable. It's all very simple for a space battle. It is revealed that Flit is angry because a girl he liked was killed by the Unknown Enemy, now known as a the Vagains/Vagans/Veigans depending on translation who were colonised unsuscessfully on Mars by Earth, then left to die in a cover up when it failed. Boo-urns for them.

And into episode sixteen and we have a time leap. Doesn't a time leap mid-way through an anime always impress you? It's so funky. Flit is now old with a smashing goatee and married with kids to Emily. I think I like this new line up a bit better, if only because the new hero (Flit & Emily's son naturally, Asemu Asuno) doesn't seem like such a whiny girl like his dad was (who is now a Federation Commander..). In this episode Asemu gets used to the Gundam passed down by his dad, this all seems eerily familiar. As if I just saw the same thing about fifteen epidoes.. that's probably because I did.

Inu x Boku SS Episode 3

I'm worried for myself to be honest. If anything they're steering well away from the action half-demon part of the whole program and focussing on the relationship between Ririchiyo and her Secret Service agent; and I really quite like it. I'm questioning myself now. Also the main character, Ririchiyo, is really interesting in the way she forces herself to belittle everyone as a defence mechanism yet does it knowingly and regretfully. I'm kind of enjoying this, oddly.

Another Episode 4

Fucking dolls scare the hell out of me. Especially when they cut just to them every know and again for less than a second. Or in the intro when they fall to pieces and the like, I'm going to be fearful of dolls for the rest of my life I bet. And running down the stairs with an umbrella like in episode three, but that's just good sense not to do that. So yes, they're revealing things to us minute piece by minute piece it seems, and I think if you didn't see the nurse being offed you are a bit dim as that couldn't have been more obvious from the moment they said "friends and relatives of Class 3 are at risk too" and she made the point of her brother being in Class 3, so that was a little obvious. I'm only really intrigued by the 'head of countermeasures' if I'm honest. Everyone else is so reserved and won't say anything I'm finding it hard to care.

Brave 10 Episode 4

So they make it back to Izumo to look for what they are looking for but we don't know what they are looking for. Very revealing. They potter around, find some bronze statues, find a moving brick puzzle that is made into the yin-yang symbol and reveals a secret passage. They reach the end, find some script but are stopped by an assassin who I'm sure they already killed once and a giant fan-service snake woman.

From then on, the faces get beaten down with one of them worked in the corner (of a giant ball of snakes) while the Assassin does over our Samurai good guy. In comes former heel from the last episode, now a face, to try and save the day. He fails pretty miserable. Isanami meanwhile manages Saizo in the corner and the hot tag is made and the good guys seemingly get the victory.

I think that's about it for this episode. Oh yeah, Isanami gets kidnapped at the end by someone who wants the thing thats on her head. Everyone else is too wounded to give chase. The plot thickens.

Still to watch:

Loads of Cowboy Bebop when I can be arse

Rinne no Lagrange Episode 3

Still to get:

Moretsu Pirates Episode 4 (struggling to find)

Rinne no Lagrange Episode 4

I really love that Funimation has uploaded Baka and Test season 2 to youtube.

Mirai Nikki ep. 17

Team Seventh!

:crying: They were my running favourite, surpassing Twelfth (though not in great dance moves).

(What is it with this show and rape? You CAN develop sympathetic characters without it, you know.)

Marco killed those rapists, didn't he? Can't say they didn't deserve it. What kind of bitchy classmates do you have to have that they set you up to be raped, just because they don't like you? Fucked up.

I knew Yuki's mom was going to die thanks to Youtube spoilers. I didn't expect his father to be the killer though (the scene I saw was just him seeing his mother's body on the gurney and doing a Darth Vader (NOOOOOOOOO!). Kinda hoping Yuno fucks up Yuki's dad in the worst way now.

Keep up SRR, you're an episode behind :shifty:

Mirai Nikki Episode 17

Poor Ai. They do love a bit of rape in this show mind. How forward thinking and not at all creepy of the animators.

Marco is a giant machine. But dead. So fuck that. Didn't really live up to the hype Seventh, you'd think the other diary holders would get better as it goes on but they're all easily disposed of so far. So that leaves Yuki - who is shit at life - Yuno, Ninth, Eleventh and Eighth right?

And poor Yuki's mam. Kid catch a break can he, dead mam, people trying to kill him, weird stalker following him and just generally being pathetic and rubbish at everything he does. What a dislikeable chap.

Okay, Mirai Nikki episode 17!

-- Well, just a thing that irks me, I hate when they use present day. I mean, it's February right now, last I checked the story was in like June. :shifty:

-- HANG IN THERE YUKKI OR HOWEVER YOUR NAME IS SPELLED THIS WEEK!

-- Hmm, I think this is Ninth giving the flashback, given the eye color.

-- Oh, never mind, it's one half of Seven. And it appears they are connected to Eighth.

-- So, we'll probably get a fillery first half of the episode, then some crazy shit will happen with Yuno.

-- Awww how sweet, they love each other. "Mar got into another fight. What can you do, he's so violent".

-- They had cell phones like that 14 years ago? :shifty:

-- It is a nice touch with the art that Woman Seventh's skirt is going to her knees.

-- Boy, it'd be ackward for those girls if Seventh won and became God...

-- "I'm at the abandoned factory, where are you?"

-- Aww shit, this won't go well. Either for her or the guys.

-- While I fully understand him going into rage...this show really has a lot of people with love issues. Yuno, Fourth, Seventh....

-- Unless it's a late arrival, seems this download cut out the opening. Which is....I spoke too soon.

-- BRING BACK THE OLD ONE DAMNIT.

-- HANG IN THERE YUKKI OR HOWEVER YOUR NAME IS SPLLED THIS WEEK!

-- "They must have an escape plan". And I know someone with an Escape Diary!

-- Wait, Yukki has his darts. The same darts that he used to kill Third :shifty:

-- Meanwhile, with Not-Fourth and Eighth...

-- "This may turn into something serious". Wow, you're quite a fucking cop, Sherlock. You piece that together yourself?

-- Finally, someone with sense. "You sould've just destroyed his diary".

-- Their love isn't real? Well, maybe not Yukki's, but I'm pretty certain Yuno's is.

-- And Yuno is unleashed!

-- Nice counter by Marco!

-- Just step on her fucking phone, Marco....please.

-- Surprise! We outsmarted you!

-- Finally, the dart palys a factor!

-- "If this is the worst day ever". Well, I'm pretty sure the rape was one....and now the throat slashing. Yeah, those might be contenders.

-- "You always take things too far" Are you serious Yukki? THEY WANTED TO KILL YOU!

-- And Yukki's dad shows that he's a real prick by stealing the parachute.

-- And Yukki's mom is PISSED.

-- Wow...

-- Oh hey, and Seventh (Ai) is still kicking.

-- Though, I'm not quite sure how their whole tag team thing goes.

-- You know, I'm not sure if I would want Yuno with me or not. Sure, she's probably good in the sack and shows utter devotion, but still...she's fucking insane :shifty:

-- Amen Marco!

-- Fair point on Yukki being alive and Yuno doing the dirty work.

-- Something tells me if Ai dies...

-- And....Marco somehow got impaled.

-- Yeah, I'd say you fucked up.

-- And Yukki asks the million dollar question.

-- Now, even though Seventh was trying to kill the protagonists, this is still kind of sad :( .You know, cause the whole "love eachother" bit. DEAD END.

-- Wow, I'm amazed Yukki and Yuno managed to clear the tower like that.

-- Oh yeah, that's right, Yukki's dad went after his mom with a knife...

-- Erm....That's not good.

-- ({) I know the feeling, Yukki .

Nice closure on the Seventh Arc, going to have to update the list here. Nice introduction on the fact that Yukki's psyche is now TOTALLY fucked, thanks to his Mom dying. And Oh Fuck, Yuno's going to find out....

Now, about that talk with your dad, Yukki...:shifty:

At first, I thought Yukki's dad wasn't so bad...just a guy down on his luck. But then he stole the parachut? What a dick. THEN HE KILLED HIS EX WIFE?! What a cunt! Still....shit. I liked Team Seventh

:( Marco was all kinds of badass.

Who else was raped in the series? The blind chick, right?

Also, if I was Yukki, I would have dropped Yuno. Oops :shifty:

Another

Plot's been explained now. It's actually a really cool concept too, provided that most of the cards are on the table now. And we finally know that Misaki Mei is real.

I'm stick on why Glasses Girl was so surprised when she saw Mei and Sakakibara talking in the hallway though. Perhaps it has to do with acknowledging Mei at all (he mentioned her to Glasses Girl as well as her seeing them)? It kinda makes sense, since the nurse died looking into Mei and Heart Problems Boy croaked while talking about her. Mei is like Fight Club.

Taking all bets on the "extra". I have a feeling I know who it is.

Really enjoying Ano Natsu too. I like how it seems to deviate from the typical romantic comedy formula and does things more "realistically".

I gave up on Demon King Daimao. There was just waaaaaayyyyyy too much fanservice, I constantly had to alt+tab away for most of it. And my work computer is shit, and can't handle that....my computer froze for about 5 minutes because if it! So, yeah...done.

Plus, overall...was feeling meh towards it.

Has anyone else here watched Shiki?

I've started it because I read about it on another board. Said poster was saying that Shiki was superior to Higurashi and Another, supposedly because Shiki makes you care about the characters. Having watched two (going on three) episodes now, I can't say I'm impressed. At all. Right now, it seems a bit like a wannnabe Higurashi, without any of the tension or mystery.

Probabaly the worst thing is how predictable it is already. The people in the European style house are obviously killing the townsfolk and are obviously vampires. This was supposed to be scary/thrilling/interesting?

Does it get any better?