The Anime Thread

Ruki

I wish it was Fate/Zero time already. So I can be creeped out by Caster a bit more and so Alexander the Great can rain down some awesome.

From this season I'm thinking of watching Space Brothers, Kids on the Slope (Cowboy Bebop producer and music!) and Fate/Zero, and maybe Medaka Box too. Want to finish up the previous seasons stuff first though like Gundam AGE.

Got through Inu Boku SS, which was quite nice, if not a bit gay, but lovely still. I dropped Rinne no Lagrange and Brave 10 from the winter run. Can drop behind Moretsu Pirates a bit because it's 26 episodes so it's not coming to an end. Then I'm just winding up Gundam AGE at the moment and then Another finished the other week.

I'll see what gets good reviews but I don't want to pick up too much and make it a chore to watch every night.

Knocked out Chaos;Head, and while it was intriguing, I get the feeling it shouldn't have been an anime, and it's not because of the plot or anything. Twelve episodes really wasn't enough to do it justice, while 24-26 would've been overkill. Still, decent show, not as great as Steins;Gate.

Right now I'm focusing on Nichijou, three episodes in. I'm having a bit of difficulty getting into it, probably because it's been a while since I've watched any episodic anime versus something that's been on an arc.

Still trying to figure out some other things to watch.

It's something special, to say the least. I am digging it. It's also been a long while since I've seen anything episodic.

I wish it was Fate/Zero time already.

I know what you mean. I did find a thing called Fate/Prototype, it's apparently a 12 minute OVA, but it's an OVA of the original plan for Fate/Stay Night before it was developed. They aren't planning more out of this, but it should at least be an interesting watch. I'll update this again when I'm done with it.

Meh, it is what it is. 12 Minutes, more like a long preview for something that will never be.

Not to worry, it's very nearly back. I did see that prototype advertised and I may still get it for a little watch.

Got a few more episodes of Gundam AGE watched, it's getting quite entertaining but I looked at the episode list and its got up to at least 28 so far - it just won't end! It's been much better since the time skip but isn't a patch on the other Gundam series around.

Been watching a little bit more Cowboy Bebop as and when I can, it is what it is, a staple of anime culture but not necessarily anything special in terms of animation and the like - as you'd expect. Still great fun with great characters.

ALL STOP.

We are watching Accel World this season!

So, here's my thoughts on a couple of the debuting anime:

Polar Bear Cafe

It is indeed about a Polar Bear running a cafe. Appropriately, the polar bear is named Polar Bear, his most regular customer is Penguin, and there's this lazy dude named Panda that doesn't want to do anything. Takes place in a modern world where talking animals and humans co-exist.

Sengoku Collection

Though I think this is going to be an action-comedy, somehow various warlords from 1560-1600 Japan have shown up in modern day Japan. They are also attractive girls. The misplaced daimyos have no clue what the hell is going on with the new world, and I assume hillarity ensues.

And tomorrow we get Fate/Zero :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Accel World? Why?

Trust me! Remember the last show I suggested? It was Mirai Nikki. :shifty:

AND FATE/ZERO IS OUT! :w00t:av-553.gif

First things first. The Fate/Zero Einzbern Consultation Special:

So, this is a ten minute OVA that takes place with Iri and a girl identified only as T-Chan, though given some of her expressions and mannerisms, I'm 99% that it's supposed to be Taiga from Fate/Stay Night. A small explaination about the origins of the Holy Grail War done in a small comedy sect. Nothing special, really.

Fate/Zero episode 14:

They changed the intro music :( . However, that doesn't slow down the show, picking right up where we left off, with Caster's abomination fucking some shit up, and most of the Servants engaging in battle against it.

Meanwhile, Kariya and Tokoiomi get all up in each other's shit, getting ready for a mage battle, while Ryuunosuke eats two bullets compliments of Kiritsugu, thus eliminating the first Master. Archer and Berserker also get into it, while the only hope seems to rest on Saber's Noble Phantasm.

Excellent way to start off the second season.

Fate/Zero Episode 14

I quickly realised I can't really remember very much about this, other than Caster has summoned that beast and is going to rain down some pain. So we have Saber, Lancer and Rider battling the regenerating beast, Archer unwilling to help and Berserker appearing fashionably late to control a plane to chase after Archer. Everyone decides that they need one, major strike to kill off Caster and his regenerating mana before he can kill one of the other servants where he would essentially become unstoppable. Caster's master, Ryuu, is shot in the stomach by Kirigitsu with a sniper - and then after a five minute speech - is shot in the head. Quite frankly, terribly bad sniping.

Accel World Episode 1

So I promised I'd give it a try at least, an interesting concept but a pretty bog standard 'hero', he seems rather typical and dull so far - and turning into a little pig is really quite saddening for him. Will be interesting to see where the show goes though and I'll keep an eye on it, I like the idea of the Accel World even if I really don't quite understand it very well.

Fate/Zero Episode 14

I quickly realised I can't really remember very much about this, other than Caster has summoned that beast and is going to rain down some pain. So we have Saber, Lancer and Rider battling the regenerating beast, Archer unwilling to help and Berserker appearing fashionably late to control a plane to chase after Archer. Everyone decides that they need one, major strike to kill off Caster and his regenerating mana before he can kill one of the other servants where he would essentially become unstoppable. Caster's master, Ryuu, is shot in the stomach by Kirigitsu with a sniper - and then after a five minute speech - is shot in the head. Quite frankly, terribly bad sniping.

In the light novel, it wasn't bad sniping; Ryuu was all "Wow, so cool!" then *BOOM HEADSHOT*. This was just done for dramatic purposes.

Not anime, but I figured this is as good a thread as any for talk about Ultimate Spider-Man. Anyone else watching it? Seems incredibly goofy, even by Spidey standards. The two episodes I've seen seem like they're just wanting to throw in random enemies with basically zero direction. Oh, also, Power Man and Iron Fist are even more ridiculous than their worst appearances in the comics. Nova has been lumped into this second episode for reasons beyond me.

Spectacular Spider-Man had the potential to become even better than the 90s cartoon, in fact it probably was better, and the fact that only got two seasons and this is it's replacement just makes me sad.

On the plus side, it has made me chuckle a few times, but you really expect that from any Spidey media.

Holy shit, Mirai Nikki episode 25! That has to be one of the better episodes of the series!

The Ninth vs Murmur fight was pretty amazing! And then when Murmur went Super Sayian? CRAZY!

Also interesting that Yukki is trapped in a fake world. A really good episode! Can't wait for the finale.

I completely forgot about Mirai Nikki this week!

Mirai Nikki, episode 25!

-- And here we go, with the penultimate episode, which begs the question, just how much shit can possibly hit the fan with roughly 44 minutes left to go?

-- We start off before the intro with a very short bit of Yuno looking out at the moon, just saying "Yukki".

-- And I still ike the old intro better. I really can't think of one in any anime where the second intro was better than the first.

-- "Reset". Well, wonder what's going to happen here.

-- Language Murmur!

-- You could just kill yourself Yuno and let it end!

-- Ok...so...I think they're in the first world...only...Yeah, I don't know. Ok, it IS the first world, before First Yuno kille--you know, can't this create a paradox?!

-- I mean, if this is a...fuck it.

-- AND YUNO GOES APESHIT OFF THE BAT. And looks like it could cause a paradox.

-- If the best way to deal with things is to kill Yuno, why doesn't SuperNinth kill her/them?

-- Ah, they're in the third world.

-- Now I'm confused.

-- At least Yukki admits he loves her.

-- "A black sphere appeared in the school building". That can't be good.

-- Jesus, Murmur is some serious backup.

-- Ninth's calling Fourth?!

-- Ah, there's the black sphere.

-- And...it has eyes. And blows up.

-- You know, Murmur sohuld know that killing Yukki isn't that easy, considering everything he's gone through.

-- DEAD END FLAG UP!

-- This shouldn't be anything new for Yukki though.

-- Good luck taking her diary there, champ.

-- And the future is averted!

-- SuperNinth taking on Murmur! And Yukki's on top of Yuno. Again. :shifty:

-- Oh, that's what that trumpet does.

-- That had to hurt.

-- SPLAT.

-- Now a flashback to Ninth's call to Fourth, who's currently talking to Mama Gasai.

-- GET OF YOUR ASS NOT-FOURTH, WE'RE GOING!

-- Third, Fifth, Sixth...

-- Seventh (both of them), Eighth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth....she's gathering all the diary holders?

-- Ah, Yukki's in the Nexus.

-- Just go get Kirk, Yukki and kick the bitch's ass.

-- Wakaba-San, are you trying to seduce me?

-- What the fuck indeed.

-- It would seem Murmur's been given some crystal meth.

-- Meanwhile, in the nexus...

-- Yukki seems to have taken it quite well.

-- Strange is one way to describe Yuno.

-- Damn, PsychoMurmur fucked SuperNinth up.

-- And that's it for this week!

In another news, while Nichijou seems to take a bit to get used to, once you're adjusted to it, it's fucking awesome.