Pro Wrestling Nexus: Complete

GLRaven

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys do realize that a booker/promoter sim is a lot more complicated than what we have here, and even GLRaven has (I think) admitted that he doesn't have the ability to do a good one yet?

No one is really demanding one... but as I said in the Donator's forum; I'm talking more about the dedication that he had to put this one out. I originally stated (and I am sure most people are going on that assumption) that if he WANTED to go on to build something more, then it would for sure be something that I would like to see and he responded that it was indeed something he'd like to make someday. I just think that it's clear that people want something more than EWR without it being TEW, so there'd obviously be a backing for it. It's just nice to see someone who isn't coming in here like "Yeah, let's make one!" without.. ANY idea of what they're talking about.

Maybe we should all get togehter and make 1???? could that even work

Like so.

I just wanna echo the sentiments of the others - nice job. :)

So here's a question--say someone wanted to get a mod together with a lot of new wrestlers. Can the data files be easily zipped up and transferred a la EWR for easy moddage?

Yeah... all you would need to do is copy the data.mdb and the images with their respective folders into a zip. All of the data is stored in the one access database.

Oh dear God, I love this game.

Steve Austin has Delirious down to 0 HP... MOMENTUM SHIFT~! Delirious goes on to win the match. Awesome!

Monty Brown versus Snitsky: Here comes Papa Shango... now it's Rico versus Roadkill! Great work with this game.

It's funny... the Papa Shango thing was added at the last minute. I wanted a cheat to allow for the wrestlers to gain HP and then I came up with Shango doing voodoo on everyone and then I came up with all of the other random cheats that he can perform. :)

Holy shit this is awesome for when you're bored.

I just ran a tournament for the ECW Championship, with Jack Swagger fighting hard throughout to retain his title. In the finals, Swagger faced Evan Bourne for the title. The winner?

.... Papa Shango :lol:

This would be great to turn into an MMA style mod.

Yeah, I think that the way that it is made, you can make a database with MMA workers and just turn off pins and it would work well. If there is enough interest, I could even make a few changes to the program and release an MMA version. :)

Do you think you could include something like a "Watch the fight" feature where the "do next move" code that's currently set on the Continue button was instead triggered by a user-controllable timer (slider bar for 10-30 seconds between moves, with a pause button included)?

Do you think you could include something like a "Watch the fight" feature where the "do next move" code that's currently set on the Continue button was instead triggered by a user-controllable timer (slider bar for 10-30 seconds between moves, with a pause button included)?

I don't think that would be too hard to implement. I'll include with a few other small things that I am thinking of adding for an update. ;)

Edited by GLRaven

This would be great to turn into an MMA style mod.

Yeah, I think that the way that it is made, you can make a database with MMA workers and just turn off pins and it would work well. If there is enough interest, I could even make a few changes to the program and release an MMA version. :)

*conceptual fapping*

Oh, please!?!?!

Edited by Plubby