Pro Wrestling Nexus: Complete

GLRaven

Someone on another forum brought to my attention a bug in the match commentary in which it says, "Wrestler 1 hits Wrestler 1"...

I have already fixed the bug, but I am working on a few other things to add into an update that will be released at some point within a week or so.

If anyone else finds any bugs or has any suggestions as to what to add, I will do my best to include everything in this next update.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a bug, but some notation should be offered as to including your own music. I was getting errors when I tried to just C&P an MP3 into the folder & save it to a wrestler until I renamed it to take out the spaces and dashes in the filename.

Just when saving. The file name was too long.

Error was: Run-time error '-2147217887 (80040e21)':

Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value.

Okay, it has nothing to do with the spaces or anything, it's the length of the filename. It is currently set to only 25 characters in the database. I could either increase the field size to the max (255) which would pretty much eliminate the problem and add a popup that explains the name is too long if it is somehow longer than that. :)

The other thing I could possibly do is just have the program rename the file if it's too long.

I might do a combo of both. :)

Thanks for pointing that one out. I think people might get a similar error with pictures as well, so I will work on that too.

More fun suggestions:

- I stole it from EWR, but oh well. In the Wrestler Editor, a dropdown box that limits the listbox to displaying only wrestlers in certain brands (so you can pick None and see all the guys that aren't on a brand, then go to ECW and see just the ECW guys). More for the modding community than anything, lets them see how the brands balance out without having to exit the editor and go to the match screen.

- Obviously more time-intensive for arguably less purpose, but commentary being more personalized.

Cole could randomly say "Vintage *wrestler*!" when they hit a move. Bobby Heenan could refer to fans as humanoids, Jim Ross would call things slobberknockers while Tazz called them rocketbustahs, Tony Schiavone would call every momentum shift as if it were the greatest shift of momentum in the history of the sport, Don West would scream randomly about things nobody cares about...

Could be user-defined like the wrestler's moves, preferably. If a move is done that does more than X damage, this announcer has __% chance to make such-and-such a call.

- I noticed the large amount of title pictures included with the default data...is it possible to denote at which points on the title lineage timeline the belts changed and display them accordingly? Or even go so far as to give individual wrestlers personalized title belts? If Austin holds the WWE title it'd display the Smokin Skull belt...if Bruno Sammartino wins it, it would display the old WWWF title, and so on.

The changes to the announcers could be added with the changes to the move commentary that I am planning and would balance things out well.

The custom title belts might be a little tricky to work, but the brand sort ability for the wrestler editor shouldn't be too hard to fit in. I might be able to fit in the title's design history though without too much work. I'll have to mess with it.

As for the Body Damage, here's how it works:

For each amount of Body Damage your opponent has, his chance of giving up to a submission is raised by roughly 3%. It doesn't have any relation to HP and is just used for submissions.

Yeah, just quit listening to me now before I suggest something absurd like having any wrestler named King Kong Bundy require a five count to achieve a pinfall victory.

Because I was totally about to suggest that before I realized how pointless it would be.

Edited by oldskool

I noticed something rather minor and correct me if i'm wrong of course but all the other character cheats just work once i believe except the Mr Perfect one you can get as many Mr Perfects as you like.

Okay, I will look at that. Thanks.

As for the filename length issue... I already worked a fix for that and it will be included in the update. I just set it up so when you go to the wrestler editor, it automatically trims the filename to the max length if it is over 25 characters (including the extension).

EDIT: I looked at it and it was because I set the program to search for Curt Hennig in the database. I originally had him as Curt Hennig and then changed him to Mr. Perfect. :)

Edited by GLRaven

I did the code for Eddie and it said I unlocked Curt Hennig in the text... maybe that was just me though.

Yeah, I messed up there. I'll fix that in the next update as well.

Here is the list of things that are already confirmed to be included in the next update:

Fixes

(Filename Length, and a few other small ones.)

Move Commentary

(Every single move will have it's own editable commentary. There will be three different entries.)

Genders

(There will now be the option to set the gender of a wrestler which will help with commentary.)

Watch Match

(There will be the option to watch a match and have it on autopilot so that you don't have to keep clicking continue. You will also have the option to set the speed.)

Clear Match Records

(There will be a button to click in order to reset all of the match records to zero.)

---

Here are a couple of things that more than likely will be added but are still in the works:

Custom Announcer Commentary

I am thinking of having each announcer have it's own completely customizable commentary or have at least a few texts that can be edited.

Secondary Finishers/Signature Moves

I am thinking of adding a secondary finisher or a signature move field so that you can limit how much certain moves are performed. This move would be able to do more damage than a regular move, but not as much as a finisher.

Editable Styles

I don't know about making the wrestling styles completely editable, but I will more than likely make the base moves of the styles editable. I may also add a few moves to the styles as well.

Well, that's what I have planned so far. There might be a few other things that I forgot to include, but those are the main things that I plan on adding right now.

Edited by GLRaven

I am still finishing up the PWN 1.3 that I plan to release this week, but in the meantime, I thought that I would let everyone know that I have a new more reliable website. WOOO!!!

http://exeventgames.com

Thanks go out to the guys at PSDProtocol.com for setting me up. :D

Yeah, I am just finishing up an update and am already coming up with stuff to add in the update after that. :)

As for the website, I am also working on a new design for it. :D

Not to sound like a prick or nowt but looking at this game it looks kinda cool, and I’m just interested if this is like EWR where you dump the things into a folder or is it one of those install jobbies and if its an install one will it get removed with me AVG which had a problem with promotion wars