Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

So apparently there's a learning scenario I somehow ignored every time I install this. Just got married and trying for an heir, two weeks after marriage I get a message from my spymaster that my wife plots to kill me already!

Joke's on you love, in the learning scenario I am invincible for 40 years :lol:

EDIT: Oh shit no. It's actually my sister plotting. She shares a name with my wife. This is gonna get confusing.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Benji said:

So apparently there's a learning scenario I somehow ignored every time I install this. Just got married and trying for an heir, two weeks after marriage I get a message from my spymaster that my wife plots to kill me already!

Joke's on you love, in the learning scenario I am invincible for 40 years :lol:

EDIT: Oh shit no. It's actually my sister plotting. She shares a name with my wife. This is gonna get confusing.

And to think, you're not using the AGOT mod :shifty: 

So after watching a few YouTube tutorials, this game is much more enjoyable. I bought this a while ago and just cheated in every game I played, but I wanted to play the game without resorting to that as I thought It would be much more rewarding. It definitely is, but you have to put the time into it.

My latest game had me start in Ireland (pretty much all the tutorials I watch recommended it) in the Viking age. I used to the ruler creation tool at the beginning to give myself a pretty good stewardship rating. I married a German princess and she popped out a few daughters right off the bat. I then married my other daughters off to randoms with potential claims scattered around the world. My original ruler passed without producing a male heir so my older daughter became chieftess and slowly began filling our bank. Nothing happened for a while and I was glad about that, it let me observe things going on around me. Eventually my oldest daughter passed without producing an heir, so the next sister took over. She reigned for 54 years and led my sinple county to glory over a couple of surrounding lands. Eventually I was able to conquer most of Ireland and became Queen. I had a daughter and married her off, but after she became an adult I called her back to court to discover she had taken on the culture of the country she married into. When I died, people were not happy and the next queen was poisoned 3 years into her reign and that’s how the game ended. 

I know that sounds kinda lame but it was the most fun I’ve had playing the game and I’m pretty sure I haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of the in-game mechanics. I didn’t focus on religion at all and I didn’t partake in any plots. I fought a few wars and won most of them, but other than that I focused on earning as much money as possible and then conquering lands using my relatively large army. Good times. 

I'm going to try an experiment. 

I'm going to make some Uber Immortal character in CK2 AGOT, start in Robert's Rebellion, and.....

Park him in some pissant province and do nothing with him, and watch Westeros burn

• Like 1

Update 1: 

It is now over 4 years since the start. 

Aerys died during the war, being assassinated by some nobody of a courtier, leading to Rhaegar's asscension. 

Robert lost the war. The Stormlands was revoked by Rhaegar, and Robert was executed. 

Stannis is just a High Lord, but is married to Lynesse Hightower, best known for being Jorah's wife that he couldn't keep happy. 

With the Rebellion over, a new conflict arose: The War of the Four Kings.

Ned Stark, Jon Arryn and Hoster Tully refused to bend the knee to Rhaegar, and respectfully became King in the North, King of Mountain and Vale, and King of the Rivers. It's not going well for them. Additionally, Walder Frey declared his own indepdence and his fighting his own war (in theory, judging by the war score) against Rhaegar. 

Ned's gay. He and Cat have one kid thus far, a boy named Robb. This isn't technically the same Robb Stark.

Lyanna Stark died in childbirth, giving birth to "Arthor Snow". In this timeline, since Robert is dead, there is no need for Ned to protect the boy's identity, and it's well known that Rhaegar and Lyanna are his parents. 

Jon Arryn is doing nothing of interest except someone who's not Lysa. Lysa is not involved with Baelish. 

Cersei ended up married to King Hoster Tully. She succesfully had Tyrion proven to be a bastard. Speaking of the Tully's: 

The Blackfish is dead, slain by Rhaegar in battle. 

Twyin's just doign nothing in Casterly Rock. He's remarried to some commoner. 

Also doing nothing of interest is Littlefinger, The Reach and The Night's Watch. 

Actually, Littlefinger is doing something of interest: He married a mountain clansman o_O

Craster got kicked out of his keep. He still has his wives. 

The Battle of the Tower of Joy....I'm not sure how that went down, since Gerold Hightower and Arthur Dayne are still alive, and so is Ned and Howland Reed. With two exceptions, so is everyone who was involved in the fight, Mark Ryswell (died fighting Rhaegar) and Oswell Whent (burnt by Aerys). 

Speaking of the Kingsguard, at the start of the rebellion, it was Gerold Hightower, Barristan, Oswell Whent, Arthur Dayne, Lewyn Martell, Jaime and Jonothor Darry. Only Oswell and Jonothor are dead, both being burnt by Aerys, but interstingly, Willem Darry was a member as well, most likely Oswell's replacement, being burnt alive two months before his brother. Pretty ballsy, Aerys. Richard Horpe and Balon Swann took their places. 

Jaime's still banging Cersei. No kids though. 

Bronn's being Bronn. 

Aemon Targaryen is dead. 

Varys was executed by Rhaegar, likely for plotting some shit. 

Pycelle's still Grand Maester, and is in a relationship with Aron Santagar.

Roose Bolton has several kids and is remarried. Ramsay may turn out ok. 

Quellon Greyjoy is alive, but incapable. Balon...blah. Euron...blah. Victarion is remarried, has a son. Aeron Damphair...blah.

Oberyn is locked up by Doran. He married Elaria, has two legit kids with her. Nobody cares about the Sand Snakes. 

Tormund's doing nothing. 

And that's it thus far. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mick said:

Go home, Jerusalem. You're drunk. 

The capital of a duchy of the Holy Roman Empire appears to be on the small resort island of Palma.

I've started a game up on this as some bloke in Ireland with the intention of ruling noob island. Now, I'm no expert at this game and don't really play that often but do Norway take over England within the first ten years all the time or is this a once off?

12 minutes ago, MDK said:

I've started a game up on this as some bloke in Ireland with the intention of ruling noob island. Now, I'm no expert at this game and don't really play that often but do Norway take over England within the first ten years all the time or is this a once off?

It depends on the start date, judging by what you said I'm guessing it's that one in the 800s? If so...I don't know, I like starting in Ireland in the 700s :shifty: . 

Just now, Mick said:

It depends on the start date, judging by what you said I'm guessing it's that one in the 800s? If so...I don't know, I like starting in Ireland in the 700s :shifty: . 

Whatever the earliest start date is. I have no idea what I'm doing.

This is probably the 100th time I've tried to play this game and I think I've got the hang of the basics now. Ireland is nearly mine and I'm waiting for England to attack. How do I stop the title loss on succession thing?

38 minutes ago, MDK said:

This is probably the 100th time I've tried to play this game and I think I've got the hang of the basics now. Ireland is nearly mine and I'm waiting for England to attack. How do I stop the title loss on succession thing?

What's your succession law?
I'm assuming you're working under some form of gavelkind, so my usual solution is ensure I only have one top-level title at a time before I move up one. (i.e one King-tier title until I can form an empire)

Next step is to get off gavelkind.