Custom Belt Request Thread

Nick Adams

So, there were these threads on Grey Dog that were going on for a while people would offer to use their skills in Photoshop/Adobe Fireworks/GIMP/PDN/Inkscape (basically, any image editing software that could use layers, lines, curved text, and gradients) to make custom computer-generated belts. The biggest results are seen in the default data for the TEW games, and they have improved over the years. Having watched numerous tutorials, I believe I may be able to replicate the results.

I realize this would basically be for the sake of having your custom feds have belt images, but if you have an idea, I'm willing to give a shot at generating it. I can't guarantee they'll be as awesome as what the two people that created belts on GDS did, but I can give it a fair shake.

So, feel free to toss me a request in this thread, with the following criteria:

Name of Company
Name of Championship
Company Logo (either a picture or a description; please credit somebody else if the logo isn't your own design)
Additional text desired on championship
Description of championship (unless you just want me to do whatever comes to mind with the belt)
Things not to include (if there's the possibility that I could toss in some stuff that you don't want on the title)

So there you go. I'll take whoever requests something.

Finished Projects:

Queen City Wrestling:

QueenCityHeavy.jpgQCMagnum.jpgQCWomens.jpg

Smackdown Championship Wrestling:

SCWHeavyweight.jpg

Vixen Championship Wrestling:

VCWChampionship.jpgVCWTagTeam.jpg

Ladies of Australian Wrestling

LAWChampionship.jpgLAWTagTeam.jpg

United States Pro Wrestling

USPWWorldHeavyweight.jpg

iDOM Belts:

National Wrestling Alliance

NWATrios.jpg

NWA: Motor City

MotorCityHeavyweight.jpg

Calgary Stampede:

NWABritishCommonwealth.jpgNWACanadianHeavyweight.jpgNWACanadianTag.jpgNWACanadianWomens.jpg

Titan Wrestling Entertainment:

TWEHeavyweight.jpgTWEEastCoast.jpgTWETagTeam.jpg

Belts for iDom promotions would probably be a good place to start. Sure people can use real life ones but some people might prefer to have an actual image for the "TWE Heavyweight Championship", for example.

Well, let's see what you're made of...

Name of Company:Queen City Wrestling

Name of Championship:QCW Heavyweight Championship

Company Logo:

2jbg5x.jpg

Credit goes to C-Mil for making this for me. There are alternate versions

Additional text desired on championship: "Esse Quam Videri" This is not necessary, just if you need to fill space. It should be small if used though.

Description of championship:I always imagine it as a big belt, vaguely Shaped like the Big Gold WHC but with Silver plates and a bigger strap. The strap should be almost Electric Blue, maybe a tad bit darker but not much. In fact, just look at the logo for the shade.

If you're up to it work Hornets(NOT the NBA team logo) into the design on plates, it's fine if you're not up to that though.

The part of the logo I want used on the main plate is the crown(It should be that crown specifically, it's the City of Charlotte's logo.), that should take up most of the space on the main plate. Colors to be used are blue, black and silver. The crown should be blue like the strap. You can put the "fancy" type designs that are on the WHC behind this but I want that crown to stand out.

Things not to include (if there's the possibility that I could toss in some stuff that you don't want on the title)

Edited by Kirkland

Well, Kirkland, hope this works for you. I can give it another go with a different program if this isn't what you wanted.

QueenCityHeavy.png

Obviously it's three times the overall size that you'd use in a game, but I didn't want to scale down my first try.

• Like 2

That's pretty damn good. I imagined the text below a bigger crown and the crown itself the same color as the strap but other than that its pretty perfect. It'll work fine for me as is if you don't feel like messing with it.

Yep. I like to think that their existence was the reason for the titles being made.

Well, that and the nWo and Demolition pictures I found didn't make good bitmaps.

In the backstory we're doing for the Trios belts the idea is that they're essentially a free and permanent world title for Mexico introduced after 2010, so the Freebirds don't make too much sense. It's possible Who may have a different opinion though, and the backstory could always be fleshed out to include that aspect.

I don't mind the Freebirds more of a nod to the NWA's past.

Personally I'd rather have sideplates simalar to the Domed title with the flags, maybe two per plate having flags for the US, Canada, Mexico, Japan, UK, Europe and Australia.

LT+DG+02.jpg

Three figures holding up a globe together is good, as it doesn't convey a particular style or group of people. I like the idea of having multiple flags represented on some of the World titles.

The TWE Heavyweight belt in the picture folder was indeed a Winged Eagle-style main plate, and the Tag Team belts were the real life 80s/90s belts. I'm not too sure about the East Coast title, but I remember the NWA World Women's having a blue strap.

Where did you learn to make these btw? I'd like to give it a shot. I've manipulated real belts in the past but never done any like this.