Custom Belt Request Thread

Nick Adams

Well, since I use Inkscape, this is what I used.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0D5C37717E27F55C

If you are going to use the Inkscape route, however, I suggest learning how to make your own gradients.

There are also tutorials out there for GIMP (path editing is nice, but you're pretty much stuck using gradients), Adobe Fireworks (good but the program is expensive), and Adobe PhotoShop (great but unless you're a student say goodbye to half a paycheck to get the program).

• Like 1

Ladies and gentlemen, here is the new Winged Eagle Belt for Titan Wrestling Entertainment:

TWEHeavyweight.png

PS - I changed the NWA Trios title so that it's the three men holding a globe instead of the Freebirds. However, this belt took way more time than I anticipated. Luckily. I think the rest of the TWE titles are far more basic.

• Like 3

Thanks for that. Making a composite of three eagles was no easy task. As for the NWA Trios title, that's an easy fix. I can just change the outline on the NWA Trios title. I'm going to do the East Coast title next, most likely with the TWE logo and an outline of of the whole East Coast. Anybody have a good recommendation of where I could find the latter?

I had an idea a while back for iDOM that a new design for the NWA World Heavyweight title would be introduced at the Anniversary Show - one that combined elements of the classic NWA title and the "Big Gold" version. I mocked a couple up when I had some spare time today. Feel free to use them if you'd like.

NWA_Black_White_zpsa6fa6e67.png

NWA_Red_White_zps1af89792.png

NWA_Black_Gold_zps6d699668.png

NWA_Red_Gold_zps639c925e.png

Oh, thank God. I was having fits trying to decide which direction to go with that. Which program did you use to make those, out of sheer curiosity?

Put these together to set the pics for the database, I prefer putting them diagonally simply to get more detail but I'll upload the originals over on the Wikia.

National Wrestling Alliance

2j4zu3p.jpgi74g37.jpg

339rk48.jpg

2up4ttt.jpg

2dotgn.jpg2efuvj6.jpg2vj8it1.jpg

j59o2s.jpg

Calgary Stampede

2u97tdi.jpg

NWA: Athletic Arts

15mmdn7.jpg

Ric Flair Promotions

2llow2e.jpg29eip12.jpg

Titan Wrestling Entertainment

i6dvyu.jpg

116pcv4.jpg

2qa5na8.jpg

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1

Holy shit, the strap on that blue one looks like a real strap.

Edited by Kirkland

Adobe products tend to allow for photorealistic effects. I'm kinda' hoping Idol just does all of the NWA titles except for the Trios belt so my lower-tech titles look intentionally like they're lower-quality instead of being by necessity.

The TWE East Coast Championship
TWEEastCoast.png

I'm not quite sure I like the decorations, but I do like the overall design. I'll probably tweak this a little bit, most likely by eliminating the TWE logo in the the center plate, centering the East Coast outline, doubling the US flag, and taking out the "USA" text. Still, with it being finished for now, I'm previewing it for everybody.

Okay, so this is the potential final version. Any thoughts for modifications?

• Like 1

I think the tag team side plates are the best design, although the Junior Heavyweight title's are rather clever. Though where the heck is Europe on the tag team titles? You've got Australia on there twice.

Oh, Kirkland - since I've improved my style as I've gone along, I'm re-visiting your belt for another go-round. Hopefully I'll get it done by tomorrow.

• Like 1

I think the tag team side plates are the best design, although the Junior Heavyweight title's are rather clever. Though where the heck is Europe on the tag team titles? You've got Australia on there twice.

Oh, Kirkland - since I've improved my style as I've gone along, I'm re-visiting your belt for another go-round. Hopefully I'll get it done by tomorrow.

The bottom flag is New Zealand :P

I came to a halt as far as flags to use (I think I threw in Germany and Italy), I was basing it off the historic NWA World Junior Heavyweight title and this is the best image I could find of it:

NWA_World_Jr._Heavyweight_Champion_(old2

Ah - the tag title, I do have Australia twice. I'll give that a quick fix.

The plates need colour tweaking because they look a little green right now. The actual design is good though.

On the tag title? I'm not really seeing green - more of a bronze.