I put a few hours into the Beta last night. Still haven't lost my touch!

People have complained about the speed of the game, and how it's slower than the original but I think it's a good equaliser against the knock it around the bend spammers - and that would only become more frequent now that they've ditched my favourite pitch, the old stadium.

Talking of speed, I think they may have turned it up a notch between Beta's.

Not sure if they're running another before full release, but I'm really looking forward to it. Day 1 purchase for sure.

If any of you guys need a team mate when it drops, look no further than me. I won't disappoint!

As for pitches, Stadium was always my favourite. I liked that the posts were set away from the wall, and the typical "play it around the bend" exploit wasn't there. I've heard they're going for the same type of design for all pitches in Rocket League, but as said, with the speed slightly toned down a bit, it's easier to defend. I'm a good keeper. The time my nephew and I beat sfexchampion (#1 in Europe for wins) and his mate 1-0 after surviving an onslaught from start to finish was my proudest gaming moment ever.

I've only played it on the most recent stadium so I've no idea what the other one was like.

If there was enough people for this, it'd be easy to make a EWB Rocket League tournament due to the fact that there are 1 v 1, 2 v 2, 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 options.

From experience, 1v1 is shit, 2v2 is best, 3v3 is pushing it but can be fun, 4v4 is way too hectic.

Basically, the old stadium had posts which stood out, then an area behind the goal to drive, between you and the wall. Think ice hockey but obviously bigger goals.

That stadium sounds better than the current one.

I don't mind the hectic nature but I agree 1 v 1 is shite. My few games I got put into a 1 V 1 and I didn't enjoy it at all.

It was really good. You could still score goals by playing it off the back-boards, but couldn't just rely on it like the others.

This time, it seems we're going to get a bunch of arenas that play exactly the same but are just different cosmetically. In the first Beta there was a different "stadium" to the one we've been on this week, but again, it played exactly the same with a slight difference in how it looked.

I am a "round the bend exploiter". :shifty:

Are the points likely to count for something in the main game in terms of levelling up/unlockables? The Beta is fun for a time but if there's nothing to work towards I doubt I'd pick this up on release.

Also I much prefer 3 or 4 man teams to 1 or 2. Get a decent team and tactics together and I much prefer it to smaller teams.

It was more of an exploit on the first game. The very best players would just go for it every time, and anyone relatively new would have no chance. Hopefully this time around there's more of a level playing field.

The points are bound to count towards unlockables. And it's called "Rocket League" as there's a proper offline Career this time, against AI bots. HOPEFULLY they're better than the so called "Hard" bots on the first game. You'd think so, considering the 10 year gap from the development of that one to now.

I doubt I'd play the single player at all really. Ideally it'd work like Pro Clubs where you join a team, move up and down divisions and have your own personalised car each. Although I don't know anything about the developer to think if they have the resources for that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't think you can download it yet from the PS4, but there's a link on the store website to download it already, for those of us in the UK. For everyone in other countries, it'll be on the store website around about midnight in your timezone.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/rocket-league/cid=EP2002-CUSA01433_00-ROCKETLEAGUEEU01