Games We Complete In 2024

Ruki

6 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Just completed Super Mario Wonder.

What a delightful game that is! And some of the 5 star levels do not fuck around. That's as good start to the year!

Finished it when I was away working over Christmas, that and Super Mario RPG were absolutely wonderful. Would highly recommend RPG if you've not played that.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Finished it when I was away working over Christmas, that and Super Mario RPG were absolutely wonderful. Would highly recommend RPG if you've not played that.

I have played it when I was younger, but never completed it. But it is arriving today :D

• Like 1

Just finished Spider Man 2 and yeah, that was ridiculously fun. Might go for the platinum even. Only one that seems annoying is flying across the map without swinging or zipping. Next though I'm debating on which to start Evil West or the newer Plague Tale? Plus was great this month. 

20 minutes ago, BuddyAwesome said:

Just finished Spider Man 2 and yeah, that was ridiculously fun. Might go for the platinum even. Only one that seems annoying is flying across the map without swinging or zipping. Next though I'm debating on which to start Evil West or the newer Plague Tale? Plus was great this month. 

It wasn't too bad. If you look up a guide, they tell you which building to start on and the path to take. Probably only took a few minutes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Game #2: Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy.

A cute RPG, likeable characters, but as with all the Atelier games, a bit budget feeling. The game got way too easy mid game, when I decided to just focus on my four favorite characters and funnel all my resources into them, meaning I could upgrade their armor and weapons way more than I normally should have. I had the best weapons on the 4 of them for the last 3 dungeons. And the final boss was just a bag of hit points, I was never at risk of having any character knocked out.

Managed to finish State of Decay 2 on Standard Zone with all four leader types. Now it is to Dread Zone. Luckily, there are quite a few decent guides on YouTube for new players, tips, and a 'How to Survive Lethal Zone' video series. It helps that the game has a passionate fan base that still plays the game.

• Like 1

I'm going to get the last few achievements because I love this game so much but I finished Mineko's Night Market last night. It's basically Animal Crossing with a few light stealth levels thrown in. It's surprisingly emotional for the type of game it is too

Games Completed in 2024:

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Mineko's Night Market

• Like 2

And just finished Super Mario RPG for the Switch! Wayyyyy shorter than I remember it being (about 10-12 hours), not sure why I never finished it as a kid. Great, simple, RPG fun! And I actually remembered to use all the items I was saving up 'just in case' during the final boss.

Games Completed 2024:

Spoiler

1. Super Mario Wonder

2. Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy

3. Mario RPG

• Like 2

Just finished up Dave The Diver, what a fantastic game that was! So many interesting systems (catching fish, upgrading gear, meals, collectables, farming, fish farming, etc...) that all work together really well. The graphics are delightful, as are the sound effects and music. The characters are very expressive and funny, a wonderful game all around! Near the end though I was starting to lose steam, as each dive kept going for longer and longer (starting off at 10-15 minutes, then hitting upwards of 30-45). My favorite bit has to be running the sushi restaurant, it's quick and chaotic, and any game that lets me run a shop is the best in my books. 

Games Completed 2024

Spoiler

1. Super Mario Wonder

3. Mario RPG

4. Dave The Diver

3 hours ago, jrhodes said:

Managed to polish off Octopath Traveler 2. Going to see if I can get the plat before Persona 3 Reloaded drops but I've heard the super boss is a tough one so might have to leave it.

I LOVED Octopath Traveler 2. Sadly, yeah, the super boss is HARD. I couldn't even get passed the first phase. 

On 28/01/2024 at 01:34, Ruki said:

I LOVED Octopath Traveler 2. Sadly, yeah, the super boss is HARD. I couldn't even get passed the first phase. 

Managed to do it by spamming BP-raising concoctions with Castti, breaking shields with Ochette and using Hikari to dish out mega damage in the first phase. Then hit it with Divine Brilliance from Temenos to finish it off quickly in the second phase.

Most my characters were around level 90.

• Like 1

I probably shouldn't include it, but I'm gonna do it anyways. Silent Hill: Short Message. Only about 2 hours long... the story/mystery and the atmosphere are really good. The voice acting was passable, and the gameplay was downright bad. You walk from place to place looking at newspaper clippings or notes to piece together what's going on then there are two or three sections where you are being chased by a monster in a dark maze where you can't really tell where you're going. And there's a single 4 digit lock puzzle. The puzzle and the checking out notes, I didn't mind that! It was fine! But the monster chase sequences sucked. You have no idea where you're going, there's no indicator you're going the right way or doing the right thing and being chased the whole time. And if you die? Start all over again! But it's dark, so you can't tell if you are retracing your steps or not. 

Spoiler

1. Super Mario Wonder

3. Mario RPG

4. Dave The Diver

5. Silent Hill: Short Message

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I probably shouldn't include it, but I'm gonna do it anyways. Silent Hill: Short Message. Only about 2 hours long... the story/mystery and the atmosphere are really good. The voice acting was passable, and the gameplay was downright bad. You walk from place to place looking at newspaper clippings or notes to piece together what's going on then there are two or three sections where you are being chased by a monster in a dark maze where you can't really tell where you're going. And there's a single 4 digit lock puzzle. The puzzle and the checking out notes, I didn't mind that! It was fine! But the monster chase sequences sucked. You have no idea where you're going, there's no indicator you're going the right way or doing the right thing and being chased the whole time. And if you die? Start all over again! But it's dark, so you can't tell if you are retracing your steps or not. 

Reveal hidden contents

I think I'm like half done with it and I fully agree. If there is any strategy to the chase sequences I can't figure it out. I just run through every door I can open and hope for the best. Right now I'm stuck on

Spoiler

The chase sequence right after the school part. I really want to see how the story ends but I had to stop. Just too frustrating