Akira Toriyama Has Passed Away

This is truly awful news to wake up to. From the Dragon Ball franchise to Dr. Slump, Chrono Trigger, Blue Dragon and even the odd Dragon Quest game here and there his work has been a big part of my childhood and teenage years. I'm pretty sure that the first manga I bought was a Dragon Ball one. May he rest in peace. 

• Like 1

I watched Toonami in the states after school. Didn't know much about Manga and anime. Was stunned that DBZ and all that action was what followed the much more chill pace of Dragonball, which itself was hard to catch on network tv. Vaguely remember having to wake up at like, 7 am to see it on a Saturday way back.

Always remembered the art style of Toriyama's from Chrono Trigger. It was only later on I gained an appreciation for a lot of the things his art was involved with. Dragon Quest in particular.

May he rest.

• Like 2

I never got into Dragon Ball, but it's hard to argue how iconic and influential his artwork was, and Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger alone would be one hell of a legacy even without DBZ. I'm currently playing the remaster of Secret of Mana, and his influence is on everything in that game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...