WWF Physically Huge And Tough Television

Only 4 Weeks until Series '97...

November 6rd, 1997

Channel: SKY

Venue: The LiveCline Auditorium, Cleveland - Ohio

Announcing Team: Eric Bischoff & Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

Attendance: 12039

In-Ring Announcer: Joe Pedicino

Referee Team: Bill Alfonso, Mike Chioda, Shane McMahon, Earl Hebner, Charles Robinson, Jim Mollineaux, John Finnegan

By

Dave Schmeltzer

- The New WWF President -

PHAT TV, opened up with JJ Dillon, Vince Russo, and Ed Ferrera in the ring. Dillon was described by Bischoff as a Wrestling Great, while Russo and Ferrera were labeled as nameless, 'High Ranking WWF Officials'. Dillon wasted no time;

"Ladies and gentleman! With Ted Dibiase unable to finish his term as WWF President, we must keep things rolling!! Please welcome...the new President of the WWF....SLICK!!!"

With that, Slick's "Jive Soul Bro" music began to play as Slick, accompanied by Zeus, and New Jack, began to jive down to the ring, to a shocked an happy crowd. JJ Dillon and company, quiety dissapeard as Bischoff and Ventura went nuts on commentary. Slick, first used his new position to invite, Iron Mike Tyson, to a WWF event--this weekend's WWF Worldwide--live from New York's Hammerstein Ballroom... Slick" Yesssssss, Yesssssss, Yesssssssssss! Da Slicksterrrrrrrr, The very man that brought PHAT TV the WWF is yo' Neeeeewwwwwwww el Presidente!! Now...first of all...now that I am Presidennnnttttttt, I would like to publicly Invite Iron Mike Tyson to come by to WWF Worldwide dissssss weekendddd. That's righty Daddy-O!! You will be able to see My Zeusssssssssssssssssss take on the motorcycle mannnn, Diesel!! So you can see up close what Zeus, is capable O-o-of!!! Yo' ticketzzzz are all paiddd for by da Slickster!! Now--"

Just as Slick was about to say something, Sting's music hit, to a huge pop. Sting, made his way to there ring, and started putting over PHAT TV's live broadcast. He then said that he "wanted to see what kind of President", Slick was going to be, and if he was going to give the fans, "what they wanted". Slick got all excited and asked Sting what was it that he wanted. Sting said that he wanted the C1 Clash Final match to be special--and that it should be. He then requested that Slick make the C1 match a CAGE match, so that no one can interfere. Apparently Sting forgets what went down during his Cage match with The Undertaker. After considerable playing to the crowd, Slick granted Sting his request, which got over huge with the fans. Slick started jiving around, as Sting left--until The Butler made his way to the ring and started sweeping up the mat, apparently 'getting the mat ready' for the Helmsely's....

Zeus d. The Butler

Zeus, who didn't like The Butler's actions, by interupting the New President charged The Butler nailing him hard in the chin with his boot. He started choking The Butler, until New Jack pulled him off. He then picked The Butler up and just chucked him into the turnbuckle, in a wierd looking 'snake eyes-esque' move. With that he pinned The Butler. Slick, now that he was an 'official' made the count himself, in this squash fest for Zeus. This was done to get Zeus over as 'a loose cannon'. I wonder if he's going to toss around Diesel like that?

Overall: 36

Crowd: 44

Match: 37

-ADVERTS-

Furnas & Lafon d. Doom ED - WWF Tag Team Titles

Why were Doom ED, now, a jobber team getting Tag Team Title shots? Ventura explained it by the fact that President Slick used to manage Koko B. Ware & Butch Reed, so this was an 'early favour' from Slick to the struggling team. Match saw both Furnas and Lafon use their wrestling expertise over the simplistic wrestling styles of Koko and Reed. Koko's got a new bird named, Oldie, now. Before the match, Koko tried to get Oldie to talk, to no avail.

Overall: 56

Crowd: 65

Match: 60

Koko B. Ware lost overness from this match. Butch Reed lost overness from this match. Doug Furnas gained overness from this match. Phil LaFon gained overness from this match. The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

- Al Snow Challenges The Crimson Twins -

Al Snow d. 'Dangerous' Doug Gilbert

There were alot of "Patriot" and "Let It Snow" chants during this match, showing that Snow is starting to get nicely over with the fans. Match came to an end at 9:22 with the Snow Plow. After the match, Snow grabbed the mic, challenging The Crimson Twins to a match on RAW.

Overall: 68

Crowd: 79

Match: 72

'Dangerous' Doug Gilbert lost overness from this match. Al Snow gained overness from this match.

Al Snow

" Hey, Barton! You wanna send your twin goons after Lance Storm and I...or as you say, 'failed tag team partners?' Well tell your Twin Tools to face these two failed tag partners next week on Monday Night RAW!!! And you can bet, that next week on Monday Night RAW...IT WILL SNOW!!" 84%

-ADVERTS-

The Crimson Twins (Xamot & Tomax) d. Barry Horowitz & The Executioner

This was a good match for it's purpose; just getting over the Crimson Twins in their debut. Executioner looked horrible as always. I'm hearing he's getting his last on camera role on Monday. Anyway, match saw Xamot and Tomax pull the switch move every few minutes confusing both the ref and the wrestlers. Xamot's actually doesn't have great offense, but he does have good ring pyscology, in selling passion during the match. The facial expressions that he had while in an Executioner armbar was great. Tomax, the better of the two, actually nailed Horowitz with a 3-german suplex spot at 5:22. Match came to a close after the Crimson Cold Wave at 6:33.

Overall: 52

Crowd: 63

Match: 46

'The Executioner was sluggish and didn't put much effort in. Barry Horowitz lost overness from this match. The Executioner lost overness from this match. Tomax gained overness from this match. Xamot gained overness from this match.

- Alfonso and 2Dope aid Shango & Demento; Confronted by the Warriors Of Doom -

Papa Shango & Damien Demento d. The Space Croppers (Rhyno Starr & Devon Storm) - No Disqualification

This was pushed by Bischoff as the first 'No Disqualification' match in a long time. I guess, ladder matches and cage matches don't count to Mr. Bischoff. Biggest pop of the match came when Rhyno speared Demento right into the railing, outside the ring. Finals of the match saw Bill Alfonso & Shaggy 2Dope hit the ring---Bill Alfonso started pushing around referee Mike Chioda, while Shaggy blasted Devon Storm in the back with the I-C belt. This allowed Demento to lock on the inner voices claw hold for the submission victory, while Shango fended off Rhyno, along with 2Dope. Shaggy, Fonzie--as Ventura was calling Alfonso, Demento and Shango started to attack the Space Croppers until the Warrriors Of Doom hit the ring and pretty much cleared the ring to a nice pop. Paul Ellering started screaming and yelling holding up his rolled up Newspaper, as Warrior ran back and forth around the ring, while Hogan kept swinging around his chain, to a nice 'Hogan/Warrior' chant mix.

Overall: 60

Crowd: 62

Match: 73

Damien Demento gained overness from this feud ending. Papa Shango gained overness from this feud ending. Rhyno Starr gained overness from this feud ending. Devon Storm gained overness from this feud ending.

- Slick Grants Lawler a Chance at Revenge -

We are next, thrown to the back where Jerry Lawler is standing by with the Big Bossman, who's along side with Brian Christopher, since he's his bodyguard. Lawler told Bossman that if it wasn't for John Finnegan, Sabu would've beaten him at Monday Night RAW. He called Bossman a coward for using his nightstick during that match, and blamed him for helping manipulate his son. Brian Christopher broke in and told Lawler to let it go, saying that he's just jealous that The Big Bossman and he are WWF Superstars, now, while Lawler wasn't. At BC's cue, Bossman hit Lawler over the head with his nightstick. Before the two could really hurt Lawler, President Slick came running out of nowhere and said this;

"Woooooaaaaaahhhhh, Woooooaaaahhhh, Wooooaaaaahhhh, mah brutthaaassssssss! Why ya'll beatin' up on a man who's only an announcer, baby!! He can't even wrestle anymore!!! But you know what...you wanna fight him!?! Then you shaaallllll!! Tonighttttttt!! Nexxxxttttt!!! On da Slickster's show!!! PHAT TV!!! Tonight you two will team up against Sabu...and.....Jerry 'The King of All Kings Daddy-O' Lawler!! So strap up dem bootttttzzzz felllas!!! Coz' it's time to roll!!"

The crowd went nuts for this, as BC and Bossman started to throw a fit. Slick ignored them both and started to dance away, to a loud "President Slick" chant.

Great segment here. BC and Bossman did a good job of seeming upset at Slick's decision. Slick's character is so over the top, that the fans love it--especially when he opposes the heels. Good idea to make him the President. It even helps to add logic to the progessing of the Tyson-Zeus feud. 93%

Slick's turn was completed, and he is now a face. Slick gained overness from this turn. Big Bossman gained overness from this segment. Brian Christopher gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

- Hayabusa 'Studying' Sabu yet again -

Jerry 'The King' Lawler & Sabu d. The Big Bossman & Brian Christopher

The purpose of this match, I guess was to officially end whatever small rivalry Lawler and Christopher had, by letting Lawler get his pinfall back on his son--and also advance the Hayabusa-Sabu feud. As he did on RAW, Hayabusa joined the announcers table, with Antonio Inoki, watching Sabu's every move. Bischoff kept asking Hayabusa questions, but found himself being ignored. Ventura was great in trying to shut up Bischoff and getting over the purpose of Hayabusa being around;

"Bischoff, don't you know anything about PRIDE!?! Don't you know anything about the art of wrestling! Hayabusa's studying Sabu!! He feels that he's better than Sabu! He knows that he's better than Sabu!! And now, he's just studying Sabu so that he can stay one step head of the homicidal maniac, Sabu!"

Lawler nailed Christopher with his piledriver at 9:33.

Overall: 72

Crowd: 85

Match: 69

Jerry Lawler was sluggish and didn't put much effort in. Big Bossman gained overness from this feud ending. Brian Christopher gained overness from this feud ending. Sabu gained overness from this feud ending.

-ADVERTS-

- The C1 CLASH CAGE FINAL -

Steve Corino d. Sting

Pretty nice way to end PHAT TV, but the match dragged on just a bit. Corino actually bladed toward the end of the match, when Sting was throwing him head first into each cage side. At 14:22, Lee The Undertaker came to the ring and impressivley ripped off the cage door to get into the ring. He stood stationary for a short while, teasing as to who he would go after--The battered Steve Corino...or the heavily fatigued Sting. Finally, just as Bischoff teased that Sting was part of the Dark Carnival, Undertaker grabbed Sting by the throat and started choking him into the corner. The crowd was livid at this point. Steve Corino then used this opportunity to climb out of the cage, winning the match, and the C1 CLASH Tournament at 16:49.

Steve Corino started celebrating on the outside--until The Undertaker went after him, too! Finally, out came Bret Hart, to actually save his Shangril-A opponent, Steve Corino, from The Undertaker. Undertaker was held off by Ringmaster Jim Neidhart, as Sting clutched his throat in pain--staring down Undertaker. Also, Corino stared back at Bret...in confusion, then walked off with Victory and CW Anderson.

Overall: 78

Crowd: 94

Commentary Aftermath

Bischoff" Steve Corino wins the C1 Clash...But did you see the unhuman power of The Undertaker!! Wow!!"

Ventura" He almost took out Steve Corino, but was stopped by The Hitman!!"

Bischoff" Now, why would The Hitman save Steve Corino? Why would he save one his opponents at Shangril-a!?"

Ventura" Don't you see it, Bischoff? He needs Corino!! He asked Corino to join him in the battle against The Dark Carnival & PRIDE!! And Corino said 'No'! He needs Steve Corino in his alliance of misfits!!"

Bischoff" Well...I don't know if that's the case, but we'll see ya next week on WWF PHAT TV!! Up next is WWF Worldwide!! Slick has invited The Baddest Man on the Planet to the WWF! Iron Mike Tyson!!"

Ventura" I hope he knocks Mooney out, again!"

Show Quality: 66%

TV Rating: 6.77

Behind The Scenes Issues: Mike Barton showed up late

WWF WorldWide

--FEATURE MATCH

*Zeus vs. Diesel!!

--President Slick has invited Iron Mike Tyson to WWF WorldWide!!

--Carl P. Oulette Speaks out for the first time, after turning on long time friend, Bret Hart!

--PLUS!!!

The Warriors Of Doom, Owen Hart, The Lightning Kid, Don Frye and more!!!

Only 4 Weeks until Series '97...

November 8rd, 1997

WWF Worldwide Saturday Nights-

Channel: FOX

Venue: The SunSoft Air Theatre -- Detriot - MI

Announcing Team: Sean Mooney & Jerry 'The King' Lawler

Referee Team: Bill Alfonso, Mike Chioda, Shane McMahon, Earl Hebner, Charles Robinson, Jim Mollineaux, John Finnegan

By

Dave Schmeltzer

- Owen Introduces, 'The Highlight Kid' -

Worldwide opened up with Sean Mooney in the ring, introducing Owen Hart, who got a nice pop. Owen put over Bret Hart, and blamed his past month of actions over his jealousy over a certain 'Kid'. He put over The Lightning Kid saying that he was more than just "Lightning". He said that his match with The Kid was a huge collage of Highlights thanks, in huge--To The Lightning Kid. With that, he said;

"Ladies and Gentleman...I would like to call out..a man who I owe a face to face apology to--a man who deservers to be known as more than a 'Kid'. He's Shawn Waltman...The 'Highlight Kid' Shawn Waltman!!"

Waltman came out dressed in street clothes--A WWF Revolutionizing Pro-Wrestling T-Shirt and blue jeans. He took the mic, and put over Owen, in turn, saying that, Owen put him through the toughest couple of matches in his career. This went over nice with the crowd. With the WWF and GWF Title's being unified, I could definatley see one of these men getting a WWF I-C Title match at Shangril-A. 81%

The Warriors Of Doom (Mighty Horace Hogan & The Renegade Warrior) d. 'Dangerous' Doug Gilbert & Bob Backlund

Gilbert didn't really put that much effort into this match--in fact, just got thrown around by Warrior for the 2 minutes he was in. Hogan landed the Mighty Hogan Leg Drop on Backlund for the easy win at 8:12.

Overall: 63

Crowd: 68

Match: 54

'Dangerous' Doug Gilbert was sluggish and didn't put much effort in. The Dark Patriot lost overness from this match. Bob Backlund lost overness from this match. The Renegade Warrior gained overness from this match. Horace Hogan gained overness from this match.

-ADVERTS-

- A visit with The Sandman -

Coming out of the break, Mooney began to talk, via satellite to Sandman, pictured on the Titan Tron in a hospital bed. Sandman had his eyes completely wrapped up, and announced that he would need eye surgery to combat whatever it was that was sprayed into his face, on RAW last week. I'm hearing that this could be a storyline rib on Ted Dibiase, who claimed to have severe eye injuries, and requested the month off. 84%

The Sandman lost overness from this segment.

- Francine announces that 'Diesel' is no more -

Coming out of the hospital scene, Francine was standing in the ring. It was mentioned here that Mooney began pushing the Diesel-Zeus match, and announced that Mike Tyson had yet to be seen, even though he was invited to WWF WorldWide, by President Slick. At this point, Francine started talking, and announced that she knows where My Tyson is. She then added that tonight, Zeus won't be getting Diesal as his opponent...instead he'll get "EVERYTHING" but a "mere Biker". She left it as that, as Mooney & Lawler pondered as to what she could mean by "Everything", a word that she stressed. 83%

Francine gained overness from this segment.

Don Frye d. Johnny Swinger

This match really showed Frye's ability of countering virtually anything. He quickly got Swinger in the triangle & arm leg lock. The crowd is still adapting to Frye's funky style of fighting.

Overall: 63

Crowd: 49

Match: 77

-ADVERTS-

- Shaggy 2Dope Picks His Intercontinental Opponent At Shangril-A -

Coming out of the break Sean Mooney called out Shaggy 2Dope, the new WWF Intercontinental Champion. Referee Bill Alfonso was with him jumping around and blowing his whistle. Mooney congratulated Shaggy on winning the IC championship, then started talking about his potential challengers. First, he mentioned Owen Hart. He mentioned that Owen has never held a WWF Title, beyond his GWF Heavyweight title run, as the Blue Blazer. The crowd popped for this. To them, an Owen Hart-Shaggy 2 Dope match would mean a probable victory for Owen. Mooney then mentioned, The Highlight Kid Shawn Waltman. Crowd really popped hard for Waltman here. Mooney mentioned that Waltman has held the title once--but only held it for a few weeks before loosing it back to former WWF Wrestler Jeff Jarrett. It was here that Shaggy interupted Mooney, and announced who he'll be facing--amongst the loud "Owen" and "Waltman" chants...

2Dope (With Bill Alfonso jumping in the background) " Yo, Mathafacko!! Would you shut the hell up!! You don't tell the Psychopathic clown who and who not to give title shots to!! You think I'm gonna give my title shot to Bret Hart's two sidekicks!! NO!! I'm giving my title shot to a ninja who deserves it! I'm giving it to a man who had the courage to say, 'Yo Bret!! Stick it!!' I'm sayin'...I'm giving my title shot to a true Frenchman!! Carl P. Oulette!!"

The crowd stopped from the chanting and start booing right after Oulette's mention. Oulette got in the ring with a dubious smirk, shook Shaggy's hand, and yanked Mooney's arm to hold the microphone up to his mouth.

Oulette" Hahaha!! Merci! Merci, Monsieur 2Dope!! Hahaa! You seeeeee!! Finally, now that I've gotten out of Bret Hart's World, I am able to do things to help my career!! All these months, all these years...I've stood up for Bret!! I fought his battles!! Defended his wars!! But, now? No more!! The only reason why I ever befriended you Bret--is out of respect..to Jacques Rougeau--The Mountie!! You see..when he retired from the WWF, he asked that Bret Hart lead the Canadian Foundation!! And what did you do, Bret? NOTHING! You completely forgot about The Canadian Foundation, and only thought about yourself!! Well, Bret--thanks to me saving your bloody life over the last few years--you've got your title--but nowI'm finally getting my very own chance at a title!!"

Mooney" Holy Heinousity!! What about Shawn Waltman!! Owen Hart!! I mean, did you see the performances they put on over the last few months!? Two very--"

2Dope" No!! You can't tell me what to do!! This ain't yo' Belt! It's mine!! I beat Sabu--NOT YOU!!"

Mooney" Well, surely, President Slick will have something to say about this!! We'll be right back after this!!"

They went into a short Shangril-a promo, as Carl Oulette and Shaggy 2Dope raised each others hand. Jerry Lawler on commentary did a good job of pushing the idea that this was an attempt by both Oulette and 2Dope/The Dark Carnival to get back at Bret Hart and Owen for joining Bret's Coaliation. 74%

Carl Oulette lost overness from this segment. Shaggy 2 Dope lost overness from this segment.

The Undertaker d. Raymond Rougeau

Prime Time Slam in under 3 minutes. Undertaker had a picture of Sting in his hand, and kept staring at it on his way to the back. I wonder what this is going to lead to...

Overall: 76

Crowd: 80

Match: 67

-ADVERTS-

- Francine Cleans Up The Biker to Mr. Everything Andrew Martin -

Coming out of the break, Jerry Lawler came to the ring and said that he wanted to get a word in with The Executioner since his last attempts (On RAW) were interupted by James E. Cornette. Lawler introduced the Executioner, then asked him how he felt to win his first match, which would now be 3 weeks ago. That's when the house lights went out, and Francine was shown in seductive wear by the curtain. She then squealed;

"Ladies And Gentleman, your attention please! The street rogue, biker thug 'Diesel' is no more. Andrew Martin has taken on a new turn, and later tonight on WWF WorldWide, against that savage monster, Zeus, he will show everything that he is capable of! That's right, ladies and gentleman!! Please Welcome;

Everyone Woman's dream, and every Man's Nightmare'

God's gift to woman, and Woman's gift as pleasure,

I give you the ultimate passed test of perfection--With only .8% body fat, I give you 'Mr. Everything' Andrew Martin!!"

With that, out came Andrew Martin, wearing regular short tights, but also sporting a cape type robe. Not so much as a Ric Flair robe, but maybe those horrible looking capes that they stuck on Hulk Hogan during his first heel years in the WWF during the late 70's and early 80's.

Lawler and Exeuctioner watched as Francine led Martin into the ring during their interview time.

Lawler" Andrew Martin? Nice..um...Cape. Who the hell are you supposed to be? He-Man?" (Crowd starts laughing)

Martin (chuckling sarcastically)" You know, Lawler that's pretty funny. Because in a way, I am He-Man. Because I do have the power of--well...EVERYTHING! Heheh. You see--first of all...look at this body! (He poses) See? Now...also...tonight, I will face Zeus...and let me just say this...since I'm capable of--well--everything--(Crowd started booing Martin, already getting annoyed at this 'Everything' deal. Good job) I have brought my personal friend to the WWF--IRON MIKE TYSON!!! (Crowd goes nuts) That's right! Slick--you wanted Tyson!! You'll get him alright!! But first--Zeus, during our match--you'll get a little of this--a little of that--and a little of...well...who am I kidding--YOU'LL....GET....EVERYTHING!! Hahaha!!"

With that, Executioner started to yell about how his interview time was cut again, for "This crap"". Martin responded by punching him in the face, and following up with a pumphandle slam...or...as he was calling it: The Everything Slam. Lawler could do nothing but scream for help. Martin posed with Francine for a few more moments, before returning up the ramp with Francine. The crowd really didn't turn on Francine...but they were really annoyed with Martin really fast. 66%

Francine's turn didn't work very well, and that affected the crowd. Francine lost overness from this turn. Mr. Everything's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Mr. Everything gained overness from this turn. Francine gained overness from this segment. Jerry Lawler lost overness from this segment. The Executioner lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

Al Snow d. The Big Bossman

This was actually a good match for WorldWide. I guess this was the real 'Main Event' of the show since the last match really wasn't much of 'a match'. Anyway, Bossman started to close in on Snow at about 10 minutes into the match, but with the crowd behind him, Snow battled back, and eventually powered the Bossman into the snow plow for the victory.

Overall: 81

Match: 83

- The Hitman 'warns' Ringmaster Jim Neidhart Not To Show up To RAW -

Sean Mooney had one his via satellite interviews, this time with Bret Hart, who was doing some sort of fan event in Idaho. Yea, I believe that one. He was probably just backstage. Anyway, Bret was very upset over Neidhart blinding the Sandman last week on RAW, and warned that reprecutions would be served if Neidhart showed up on RAW. Hart ended the interview with;

"You know...I've been hearing about this 'sidekick' crap...and me 'not caring' and all of this other stuff...Well let me say this!! You hurt one of us, you hurt us all!! You take out one member of the Coalition--THE OTHER MEMBERS HUNT YOU DOWN!!! See you on RAW--(Pauses) actually...I hope I don't--for your sake, Neidhart!" 88%

-ADVERTS-

- "Iron" Mike Tyson's WWF Debut -

'Mr Everything' Andrew Martin d. Zeus

Francine led Andrew Martin & Mike Tyson to the ring to a loud 'Tyson' chant. Lawler "couldn't believe" that Francine was able to get Mike Tyson to arrive, and attributed it to her "good looks". Mooney, like an idiot--not realizing Lawler's attempt to just get Francine over responded;

"...but Slick's the President. And he invited Tyson, didn't he?" No, Mooney. You're just an idiot. Anyway, the match started off with Martin avoiding Zeus' charging and lunging at him over and over, while stopping every few minutes to stare at Tyson. The match ended two minutes later when Martin threw Zeus into the ropes to be tripped by Tyson. Seeing this as an opportunity, Martin literally ran over to Zeus and forced a cover on him, while Tyson continued to hold down Zeus' leg on the outside for the cover, and the victory for Martin. Referee, Dave Hebner, as always, was oblivious to the interferance.The crowd actually began to throw things at Tyson. Martin, Francine, and Tyson's personal security crew led him to the back as he screamed, "Who's the baddest man, now!! Who's the baddest man now!! You ain't nuttin' Zeus!! You a little boy!! You a little boy!! You ain't no Tyson!! Tyson the new bad boy in the WWF now!"

Zeus was going nuts in the ring, kicking the ropes, shouting, screaming, and grunting, while President Slick tried to calm him down. They had a nice split screen here of Tyson and Martin heading to the back, while Zeus and Slick were going nuts in the ring. Great use of the split screen by showing opposite emotions. The announcers pushed that Tyson will be at RAW, as Worldwide went off the air.

Overall: 73

Match: 58

Mr. Everything gained overness from this match.

Commentary Aftermatch

Mooney" Wow!! What a heinous act by Mike Tyson!! The so-called baddest man on the planet!! Who do you think is the baddest man on the planet, King? Mike Tyson!! Or, Zeus!?"

Lawler" I don't know, but I do remember last time Tyson was here he knocked you out!! And tonight, he caused Zeus his first pinfall lost to Mr. Everthing--So far, I'd say Tyson's got the edge!!"

Mooney" So many things, so little time!! This week, Mike Tyson will be live on RAW!! Sting will be there! Both, The WWF and GWF Champion will be there. And remember Hart's warning to Neidhart!! He'd better not be at RAW!!"

Lawler" It's gonna be a crazy night, Mooney!! It's gonna be live from Penn State!!. It's gonna be RAW!! WOW!! I can't wait! "

Show Quality: 72%

TV Rating: 7.57

Behind The Scenes Issues:

Raw Preview!!

--The Crimson Twins vs. Al Snow & Lance Storm!

--Dark Carnival, PRIDE, & THE CAPD!! Plus More!!!!

user posted image

Only 3 weeks until Series '97...

November 10rd, 1997

Monday Night Raw-

Channel: USA Network - Prime Time

Venue: Penn State University - PA

Attendance: 12,033

Announcing Team: Joey Styles & Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan

Referee Team: Bill Alfonso, Mike Chioda, Dave Hebner, Shane McMahon, Jimmy Korderas, Joey Marella, John Finnegan, Jim Mollineaux

By

Dave Schmeltzer

- The Harts Looking For Neidhart -

Raw on 11/10 opened up with President Slick along with Zeus waiting by the back entrance of RAW. Zeus looked especially menacing here--as they waited for Mike Tyson. A limousine pulled up, but it was Bret & Owen Hart, coming out to a huge pop. Slick and Zeus ran up to the limousine, hoping that it was Tyson--but the Harts informed Slick that Tyson wasn't in town tonight, asking Slick if he watched ESPN this morning. Tyson announced that his next WWF apperance would be on Slick's Own Show--PHAT TV, on Thursday. Hitman then asked Slick if he saw Neidhart come to the arena. Slick said that he didn't think that Neidhart was around tonight. Owen, in (Batman's) Robin-like manner clasped his hands together and said;

"Since, The Ringmaster Jim Neidhart isn't here...lets concentrate on that turncoat, Carl P. Oulette, and his new buddy--Steve Corino!"

Crowd popped hard for this as the opening credits began to roll. The crowd was really hoping for a Zeus - Tyson confronation when Zeus and Slick ran up to the limousine. I really like how they're doing this. I'm guessing the two will meet either one on one, or in a tag capacity with Mr. Everything, at Shangril-A. 93%

Zeus gained overness from this segment.

- The Crimson Twins Challenge The Warriors Of Doom to Shangril-A -

Hakushi & Flexx Kavanna d. Dr. X (Tom Pritchard) & Bob Backlund

Kavanna and Hakushi looked great here. Definately future gems for the WWF. After the Kavanna Krush (Rock Bottom) by Kavanna, they were both attacked by The Crimson Twins , who were also accompanied by Johnny Ace, Mike Barton, and James E. Cornette. After giving Hakushi & Kavanna the Crimson Cold Wave, Tomax and Xamot each took a microphone, which meant it was talk along time with the Twins.

Overall: 66

Crowd: 59

Bob Backlund was sluggish and didn't put much effort in. Bob Backlund lost overness from this match. Hakushi gained overness from this match. Flex Kavanna gained overness from this match.

The Crimson Twins were actually cheered as Tomax looked and played to the crowd, while Xamot stood in place rubbing his hands together. Both men had microphones, while Cornette, Ace, and Barton started getting into it with ringside fans.

Tomax" So everyone sees, that the new enforcers of PRIDE are a force to be reckoned with!! We are easily the most complete tag team..."

Tomax & Xamot " In WWF History!!"

Tomax" But, then there's this 'Mighty' Tag Team called..."

Tomax & Xamot" The Warriors Of Doom!"

Tomax" The only true sentiment of your name..."

Xamot"...is that you are indeed, doomed!"

Tomax" Because, we..."

Xamot"..THE CRIMSON TWINS!"

Tomax" Are challenging Paul Ellering's..."

Xamot" Warriors of dirt..."

Tomax"...at the biggest...."

Xamot" ...Pay Per View..."

Tamox" In WWF History..."

Tamox & Xamot " SHANGRIL-a!!!"

I find it odd that two German's have some inkling's of a British Accent. I'm guessing that the WWF neglected to mention that they spent time as children in England. Maybe it would've been too confusing. They gave the mic to Cornette, who promised that the Crimson Twins would make examples out of Al Snow & Lance Storm later tonight on RAW. The crowd actually enjoyed the going back and forth between the two and actually cheered them after they made the challenge. I'm sure the WWF will have to do something to change that..as the two had developed a cult fan following from there gimmick in the WWF's developement territory--GWF.86%

Tomax gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

- Ace A Victim Of His Own Move -

Jack Victory d. Johnny Ace

These two had a better match then I feared that they would. Match came to a close when CW Anderson hopped on the apron, distracting referee Shane McMahon, at this point, Steve Corino snuck in the ring, and suprised Johnny Ace with the Ace Crusher, to a huge pop. Corino ran to the back to a huge pop, saying;

"That one's for Tenzan!! Tell Tenzan I got one for him at Shangril-A!!"

Ace staggered up, but was shocked with the V-Man heart punch by Victory for the victory. Victory was fired up to win this match--as were the fans.

Overall: 71

Crowd: 75

Match: 62

Jack Victory gained overness from this match.

- Simon Has A Problem With 'That Shooter Guy' -

After Victory was done celebrating, Styles started to push over The Highlight Kid Shawn Waltman, preparing for Waltman coming out next--but instead, heard over the PA system was Simon Diamond's voice saying "Simon Has A Problem!" Out came Simon Diamond, accompanied as always by everyone's second favourite wrestler--besides Shaggy 2Dope (Sarcasm), Johnny Swinger. Diamond said that he had a problem with the agent of Former Shoot Fighter Don Frye--Clyde Vasseur. He said that "people like Frye" had no business in this sport of "Professional Wrestling", and that Vasseur should take Frye to other places--"like the circus". This got the crowd heated at Diamond, and showed Diamond's abiltiy to deliver good promos. Diamond then lefted up a peace of paper, that was announced as being a petition to ban Frye from WWF Competition;

"This here, in my hand...is a "FRY FRYE OUT OF THE WWF" PETITION! He doesn't belong in our sport!! This is Wrestling...not Ultimate Barbaric Fighting!! We don't aim to break bones here!! We aim to compete! He should say in those savage competitions with guys like Ken Shamrock, Roy Gracie, blah blah blah! So over the next couple of weeks, I will be getting people to sign my petition, to Fry Frye out of the WWF!!"

The crowd started booing as Joey Styles defended Frye on commentary, calling Frye's method of Wrestling another step in Revolutionizing Pro Wrestling...that of course, being the slogan of the WWF. 70%

Simon Diamond gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

- Waltman Wants an I-C Title Shot -

Highlight Kid Shawn Waltman d. John Kronus Helmsley

Basically a squash match for the Kid. Kronus is just awful on his own, without Hunter as his partner. After the match, Waltman screamed to the camera; "2Dope!! Screw Oulette!! I deserve that I-C Title shot!! I want that WWF I-C Title shot at Shangril-A!! I am the Highlight Kid!!! Shawn...WALTMAN!!!" Styles put over Waltman as being "Just as Deserving" of an I-C title shot as Oulette.

Overall: 69

Crowd: 67

-ADVERTS-

- Storm nearly upsets The Crimson Twins -

The Crimson Twins (Xamot & Tamox) d. Al Snow & Lance Storm

Not a pretty match, but after watching 5 minutes of The Crimson Twins, it was easy to see why Johnny Ace like them so much. The story of this match, besides Bill Alfonso's heel officiating, was basically Lance Storm's offense after a hot tag from Al Snow. He spent the better of 5 minutes pretty much taking out both Crimson Twins. They did this, I'm guessing, to show Storm's ability as being able to go on his own, since it seems he'll be likely to get a singles push soon. The crowd loved every bit of it. However, finals of the match came when, Tomax ducked out of a Lance Storm top rope clothesline, and quickly powerbombed him, leading into the Crimson Cold Wave. Styles was great in putting over the Crimson Twins as close brothers, aware of each others proximity at all times; since Xamot came from practically the other side of the ring, nailing the legdrop on the powerbombed Lance Storm, out of nowhere. Everyone came out winners out of this one.

Overall: 61

Crowd: 52

Match: 71

Lance Storm gained overness from this match. Tomax gained overness from this match. Xamot gained overness from this match.

- The Executioner Gets Abducted -

After the match, Highlights were shown over the last few weeks of The Executioner trying to speak after he won his first match, in what would be now a month ago. Executioner came out, and said "Finally, I can speak!!" But the lights then began to dim, leading to The Undertaker roll a giant casket to the ring. At this point, Damien Demento & Papa Shango, at the instructions of Intercontinental Champion Shaggy 2Dope and referee Bill Alfonso--attacked Executioner from behind. Executioner tried to fight them off, but was quickly dumped into the casket. I'm hearing Halme was originally slated for a big angle at Shangril-A, but was so pissed with the WWF that he wanted out right away. As Undertaker began to leave the ring--Sting's music hit to a huge pop, as Sting emerged from the curtain. 79%

- Sting Challenges The Undertaker; Result: A Shangril-A "Hell's Pit" Match -

Sting came out to a huge pop and had to stand around on the ramp for the ovation to stop. Sting said that he remembers the Undertaker telling him to make his mark in the WWF...and that he did that, by making it to the finals of the C1 Clash. He added that he would've won the semi-finals match--if it wasn't for The Undertaker's (Carnival Of Carnage) interferance. He then challenged The Undertaker to a 1-on-1 match at Shangril-A. Undertaker responded;

"Sting!! The only way you're getting me in a match at Shangril-A...is my kind of match! A match where the key is survival, and use of that key can be the difference between life...and...death... Sting--Let us meet at Shangrila--In my kind of match--A Hell's Pit Match..Rest In Peaaaaacccccceeeee."

At this point, Sting nodded, somewhat befuddled, as he returned to the back. Heenan on commentary was yelling going into adverts;

"A Hell's Pit match!!? What the...what is that, Joey?! Does Sting know what he's getting into!?" 82%

Sting lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

- The Harts Call Out Corino and Oulette -

Coming out of the break, Bret and Owen came out and said that they weren't "Leaving until, Steve Corino and that Benedict Arnold Turncoat, Carl Oulette" come out, and face he and Owen one on one on RAW. Actually, Bret accidently called RAW, "WorldWide" which didn't go over nicely with the live crowd. Finally, Steve Corino's Eye Of The Tiger began to play, as Corino, and Oulette came out to a nice heel reaction. Corino said something to the effect that he would be happy to soften Bret up, weeks before Shangril-a. Carl Oulette started talking in French. Heenan was hilarious, here in yelling; "Ohhhhhh!!! Wow!!! Woaaahhh!!", pretending to actually understand what Oulette was saying. They then charged the ring, starting off this "impromptu" match. 84%

Bret Hart lost overness from this segment.

- GWF Champion; Hiroyoshi Tenzan cleans House -

Bret & Owen Hart d. Steve Corino & Carl Oulette

The crowd was really into this match, especially the Oulette-Bret exchanges. Oulette and Owen really went at it a few times, which had the crowd really "jumpin", as they say. They seem to be saving Bret-Corino for the Pay Per View, as Bret ended up winning the match for his team with the Sharpshooter on Oulette at 11:22. After the match Antonio Inoki came down the isle, with a microphone, and Hiroyoshi Tenzan--GWF Champion, and seemingly, 'lost it'. He started yelling at all four men in the ring for "centralizing the WWF Title Scene over the last few years. Well, Bret, I can kinda see. And maybe Corino, for the year. But, Oulette and Owen--who never held titles? Anyway Hiroyoshi Tenzan charged the ring, and ended up pounding on Oulette, until Corino came to his aid. But Corino was quickly met with a neck chop, that sent him staggering back, through the ropes, and to the outside of the ring. A staredown occured between Tenzan and WWF Champion, Bret, before he unloaded a Tenzan chop on Bret that brought Bret crouching down. He then planted Bret with a chest thrust kick sending him into the turnbuckle. Owen charged Tenzan, but was quickly caught in the Tenzan Somoan Drop. The crowd was really taken in by this display by Tenzan. At this point, officials poured into the ring, stopping the recovering men from going after Tenzan. Monday Night Raw went off the air with Antonio Inoki raising the hand of GWF Heavyweight Champion, Hiroyoshi Tenzan...

Overall: 88

Crowd: 92

Match: 79

Bret Hart was sluggish and didn't put much effort in.

Commentary Aftermath

Styles" Hiroyoshi Tenzan just took out 4 people!! Can he be stopped!"

Heenan" He can't!! This is Tenzan at his best!! This man's got it all! Speed! Power! Agility! This is the ideal World Champion!!"

Styles" PHAT TV is next!! Iron Mike Tyson will be there!! It's been confirmed!!"

Heenan" I gotta go, Style man!! I'm signing the 'Fry Frye Out of the WWF' Petition!!!"

Show Quality: 78%

TV Rating: 8.00 (WCW Monday Nitro: 7.80)

PHAT TV PREVIEW!!

--Bret 'Hitman' Hart vs. PRIDE'S Mike Barton

--GWF World Title:

Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. 'Terrific' Terry Taylor

--IRON MIKE TYSON!!!!

--Plus, Much, Much, More!!!!

Edited by Javert

WWF PHAT TV

Only 3 Weeks until Series '97...

November 13rd, 1997

Channel: Sky Television

Venue: The Jose Cartinez Center - El Paso, Tx

Attendance: 12044

By

Dave Schmeltzer

Mr. Everything Andrew Martin d. Ray Rougeau

Mr. Everything won at 7:44 with his Everything pumphandle Slam. After the match, he indtroduced Mike Tyson to the ring.

Overall: 74

Crowd: 73

Match: 75

- Mike Tyson Challenges Zeus To Shangrila -

Mike Tyson came out to a mixture of cheers and booes--the booes since he's opposing everyone's favourite pyscho, Zeus. Listening to Tyson speak was like listening to a pre-schooler pick on a parent. Tyson talked about how he was the 'baddest' man, and proved it last weekend when he caused Zeus his match against Mr. Everything. He attacked Zeus for "Not doing Nuffin"...then wouldn't that mean that he did something? Anyway, out came Zeus, being restrained by New Jack. I guess New Jack is Zeus' personal trainer--or something. As New Jack held back Zeus, President Slick said, to Tyson;

"YeeaaaahhhhhhhhHHH!! You want Zeus!?? You want the reeeeaaaaalllll Baddest man on the planet!!! Then, f-i-i-innneee!!! You got him!! When?! At WWF's Survivor Series '97! Just 3 Weeks away!! Live!! At Shangril-A!! See ya then I-I--I--Iron Man!!"

They did the split screen here again, showing Tyson and Zeus stare at each other...Tyson from the ring...and Zeus from the ramp...The crowd popped for this announcement of the Shangrila match. A sizeable amount of stalling was done here, as officials tried to get Tyson out of the ring "safely, without starting another brawl with Tyson. 86%

-ADVERTS-

Dlo Brown d. Rick Steiner

Nice to see Dlo Brown make his 'official' in ring debut. He was accompanied by The Ebony Experience, Booker T & Stevie Ray--along with Lady Jacqueline holding her giant mirror. Booker and Stevie spent the whole match looking at themselves in the mirror, while Dlo took care of Stiener in the ring.

Crowd: 50

Rick Steiner lost overness from this match. D'Lo Brown gained overness from this match.

- Lance Storm inquires To The Undertaker about a Hell's Pit Match -

Next we goto the back where, The Undertaker was through the corridor, passing by Lance Storm, who I guess was just 'hanging out'. Storm stopped Undertaker and asked him what kinda match did he challenge Sting too--A Hell's pit match. Undertaker turned at Storm, frowned, rolled his eyes behind his head and said...

"A match, where the only way to go...IS DOWN...into the depths of The Pits Of Hell!"

Undertaker then continued to walk off. Seconds later, Owen Hart ran up to Storm, asking him where The Undertaker was. Storm replied, to some laughter--

"OH...the freak? He went that way", pointing to an ambigous part of the hallway. 68%

Lance Storm gained overness from this segment. The Undertaker lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

- The Crimson Twins 'Bargain' With Owen Hart-

Coming off the break, Out came The Crimson Twins, to a nice pop, each holding a mic, as usual. The WWF really has to do something about the fans still cheering these guys who were brought in as heels. The two called out Owen Hart who was looking for Ringmaster Jim Neidhart. I like how, despite technically having several stables, they are all involved with each other in the same storyline...somewhat at least. Hart came out to quite a loud pop, and demanded to know where Neidhart was. The Crimson brothers said that they could get Neidhart to team with them against Owen Hart--and a team that they were "Looking for", The Warriors Of Doom--The Mighty Horace Hogan & The Renegade Warrior. Owen agreed to the match, and began to leave the ring. Xamot waived to Owen as he walked toward the ropes, but Tomax jumped at Owen grabbing on his shoulder, and started talking to Xamot...

Tomax" Woah..Whoa..whoa..not so fast, Owen. Xamot--Don't you think that a wrestler of Owen's..."

Xamot"..calibre?"

Tomax"...and..."

Xamot"..prestige?"

Tamox" ...and even..."

Xamot""...talent...

Tamox" Deserves a much better waive than that?"

Xamot (He walks up to Owen and Tomax)" Yes...How silly of me. I think he needs... "

Tomax & Xamot (They both look into Owen's face) " THE COLD WAVE!"

With that Owen immediatley starting to fight off both Twins, but after a few minutes, the 2-1 odds started to get the better of him. Tomax tried to powerbomb Owen twice, in setting up for the Crimson Cold Wave, but both times Owen gave Tomax and overhead toss--only to be attacked both times by Xamot coming down off the top rope. Finally, during there 4th effort, The Crimson Twins finalled nailed Owen with the Crimson Cold Wave, which actually got a mixture of booes and cheers. I'm hearing they're going to have the Twins do something 'officialy heelish' since I guess attacking Owen still isn't enough. They then left yelling at Owen.

Tamox" YOU!"

Xamot" And The Warriors!!"

Xamot & Tomax" TONIGHT!" 78%

Owen Hart lost overness from this segment. Xamot gained overness from this segment. Tomax gained overness from this segment.

- Hayabusa & Sabu Watching each other very closely -

Sabu d. Earthquake

I enjoyed this match alot more than most people. Sabu practically danced all over Earthquake, while Paulie Dangerously screamed continuously on the outside of the ring. Once again, Hayabusa was watching Sabu from a distance, this time--the rafters. Sabu stared at him to and from the ring.

Overall: 71

Match: 67

- Corino uses the Ace Crusher against PRIDE; again -

Hiroyoshi Tenzan d. 'Terrific' Terry Taylor - GWF Heavyweight Title

The story of this match was how Taylor could not out wrestle, outbrawl, or out maneuver Tenzan. Tenzan won at 10:33 of carrying Taylor, with the top rope headbutt. As Tenzan was celebrating, Steve Corino, hit the ring and suprised Tenzan with an Ace Crusher, before running back up the ramp. Tenzan had a huge tantrum in the ring, while the crowd cheered Corino all the way.

Overall: 73

Crowd: 78

Match: 64

-ADVERTS-

Kamala d. Papa Shango

I'm hearing that Kamala was supposed to be adbucted by The Carnival months ago--but Antonio Inoki loves the guy, and ordered that he stay. Shango did a good job of 'acting afraid' of the Ugandian Giant. He won with his Kamala big splash at 9:33.

OVerall: 66

Match: 53

Kamala gained overness from this match.

-ADVERTS-

- Bret Hart: Victim #2 Of The Corino Ace Crusher -

Bret Hart d. Mike Barton

I'm hearing that this was actually supposed to be one of the C1 CLASH final matches, had Bret Hart not threaten to leave the WWF if he didn't to win back the WWF Title earlier than planned. Barton worked really hard here, but as it seemed in the past few weeks, Bret really didn't work as hard. Maybe he's saving it all for Survivor Series in Canada. Finals of the match saw Barton set up Bret for the DVD, but Bret wiggled out of it, and caught Barton with a russian side leg sweep. Bret, then went into his finishing routine and ended the match with the Sharpshooter at 12:22. Corino hit the ring, and stood halfway crouched down, teasing hitting the Ace Crusher on Bret. Then..."Like A Cat",, as Bischoff said, Corino jumped at Bret nailing him with the Ace crusher, to a mixed pop of cheers and booes. I like how they're building this triple threat match. This week on RAW, Tenzan got to clean house. Tonight, Corino gets a PRIDE finishing move on both opponents. And, next week, I'm guess Bret gets some type of retribution.

Overall: 83

Crowd: 87

Match: 76

- Sting: An Ally Of The Coalition -

Owen Hart, Sting & The Warriors Of Doom

d. Ringmaster Jim Neidhart, The Undertaker & The Crimson Twins

Neidhart came to the ring with his man, The Undertaker. Owen replied by coming out with Sting. Neidhart actually didn't wrestle much, selling the idea that he was "afraid" of what The Harts were going to do to him, in retribution for blinding the Sandman. Sting and Owen did most of the work for their team, including Sting taking turns benching pressing both Crimson twins. When Neidhart was tagged in, he went at it with Hart for a short while. However, after the hot tag out to Sting, Sting finished off Neidhart with the Scorpion Death Lock. Cornette ran to the ring to help his team back screaming;

"This ain't over Sting!! It ain't over Hart!! This is just the beginning!! Of your mistakes!"

As always, the announcers alluded as to what Cornette could've meant...insinuating that he knows something about Shangril-A...

Crowd: 70

Match: 60

Commentary Aftermath

Bischoff" We are getting closer to Shangril-A!! Will the secrect be unveiled!! What is the secret! Is there a secret?"

Ventura" I know what thing that ain't secret! This hole that Sting and The Harts are digging themselves into!! Sting's allying himself with this Coaliation--bad news!! Bad news!!"

Bischoff" We'll see ya next week, folks!! Only 3 weeks away from Shangril-A!!"

Show Quality: 73%

WorldWide Preview!!

--FEATURE MATCH

Al Snow vs. Carl P. Oulette

--PLUS!!!

Hayabusa vs. Lance Storm

And, much, much more!!

Only 3 Weeks until Series '97...

November 15rd, 1997

By

Dave Schmeltzer

- Diamond Starts the "Fry Frye Out Of The WWF" Petition -

Don Frye d. "Dangerous" Doug Gilbert

WWF PHAT TV opened up with Don Frye making short work of Doug Gilbert. With the Dark Patriot gimmick dropped, it seems as if Doug Gilbert could be out of the WWF soon. I think there's a serious case of restructing going on in the WWF. Anyway, Frye won with a scary looking armbar. They then quickly cut to Simon Diamond lurking in the back, looking for signatures for his petition against Don Frye.

Overall: 64

Crowd: 65

Match: 63

The "Dangerous" Doug Gilbert was sluggish and didn't put much effort in. "Dangerous" Doug Gilbert lost overness from this match. Don Frye gained overness from this match.

On the Titan Tron, they showed Simond Diamond walking around with his clipboard/petition. He passed by Al Snow, and asked him to sign it. Al said that Frye was "introducing a type of submission based wrestling that has never been seen before", and that he welcomed Frye into the WWF. Diamond didn't like it one bit, and left, fustrated. 79%

Simon Diamond gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

Hayabusa d. Lance Storm

Very good match-up here. Hayabusa ended up nailing Storm with the Stardust flip at 13:22 of a fast paced match. It was announced here that Hayabusa will face Sabu; confirmed--at Shangrila.

Match: 84

-ADVERTS-

New Jack d. Duke 'The Dumpster' Droese

New Jack has been officially named, by Mooney, the 'close friend' of Zeus. I think it has more to do with the fact that Zeus needs someone to hold him back rather than Slick.

Crowd: 58

Match: 65

- The Crimson Twins Pay 'Tribute' To The Lesser 'Brother Team' Of the WWF -

The Crimson Twins, Xamot and Tomax came out after New Jack's win and started to praise the Hart Brothers, who were shown on camera, just about to leave the building. However, after two compliments--and after the Hart's got in the car to leave, The Crimson Twins, "Came To their senses", and started ripping into the Harts...getting the crowd to turn on them instantly;

Tomax" Whooooaa, Whooooaaaaa, Whoaaaaaaa!!"

Xamot" What were we thinking?"

Tomax" One of the Hart's..."

Xamot"...thought that he was a Blue Blazing Superhero..."

Tomax"...and the other..."

Xamot" ...wrestles in pink!"

Tomax" Bret Hart!!"

Xamot" Owen Hart!!"

Xamot & Tomax" We issue a challenge!!"

Tomax" For next week's PHAT TV!!!"

Xamot" The two of you..."

Tomax"...against the two of us!"

Xamot" We'll see you on RAW!"

Tomax"And await your answer!!"

Tomax & Xamot" Hart Sisters!"

This time, instead of cheering the twins, they got a heel reaction, as they laughed at...well..themselves. They had some pretty damaging comments on the Harts....72%

Tomax's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Tomax gained overness from this turn. Xamot's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Xamot gained overness from this turn. Tomax gained overness from this segment. Xamot gained overness from this segment. Owen Hart lost overness from this segment. Bret Hart lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

Johnny Ace & The Great Kabuki d. The Dudley's (Big Dick & Spike Dudley)

With all of the "family teams" (Helmselys, Dudleys, Crimsons, Harts), they could have a little "family feud" battle royal or something. Ace nailed Spike with the Ace-Crusher at 8:16.

Overall: 66

Match: 71

-ADVERTS-

The Renegade Warrior d. The Iron Sheik

The story of this match was that Renegade Warrior was able to perform a gorilla slam on Shiek. Mooney was going absolutley nuts on commentary, when he did so. After the match, Ellering made a comment to the camera--aimed at the Crimson Twins--

"Youuuuu say WE'RE Doomed!? You say the Warriors Are Doomed!! Well we'll see...AT SHANGRIL-A!!! Who will survive!! The Mighty Warriors of The World Wrestling Federation...Or the Crimson SISTERS!!!"

Isn't that the second time they've used the brother/sister joke already.

Overall: 55

Crowd: 58

Match: 51

Terry Taylor d. The Big Bossman

They were back with the heavy volume of matches formatte, for WorldWide this week. Taylor ducked a Bossman avalanche then quickly nailed him with that special top rope knee drop for the win.

Crowd: 79

Big Bossman lost overness from this match. Terry Taylor gained overness from this match.

-ADVERTS-

Brian Christopher & The Undertaker d. Bob Backlund & Barry Horowitz

The purpose of this match was so that Mooney and Lawler could speculate as to what the Hell's Pit match is, that The Undertaker has challenged Sting to. Lawler had a funny comment, making fun of Mooney--about the Hell's Pit;

"Maybe it's when the looser goes to that same place that you went to after you got knocked out by Mike Tyson, at SummerSlam!! Hahaha!!"

Christopher won the match for his team with the Alabama Jam. Each week it's a new state.

Overall: 77

Crowd: 86

Match: 57

Bob Backlund was sluggish and didn't put much effort in.

- The Hitman's Makes A Shangri-A Promise -

Sean Mooney had one of his 'via satellite' interviews with Bret Hart. Of course, they announced that The Hitman "just left" the arena, to cover themselves for the Crimsons-Harts deal that happened earlier. Hart basically put himself over, talking about his past, as WWF Champion. He mentioned alot of guys that he beat, including mentioning WCW's, Hulk Hogan, Max Moon, Yokozuna, and The Berzerker, which was actually quite suprising. He mentioned Ric Flair, which got a huge pop. Too bad about Flair's broken leg. Hart also added that;

"There's no chance in hell that I'm loosing this title, in MY HOME COUNTRY of Canada!! Tenzan, Corino--you guys betta bring all that you got!! Cos I'm gonna eat it right up!!"

The crowd really got into the interview, and even applauded Hart's promo minutes after the interview was over. 87%

Carl Oulette d. Al Snow

Very good match to end WorldWide. This match, it seemed was just to re-enforce the idea of Carl Oulette as a viable singles competitor for a title. The two had a very strong match, which had alot of "Let It Snow" chants. Oulette won when, Al's back gave out, when trying to lift Oulette for the Snow Plow--allowing Oulette to pound his back with a series of backbreakers, then ended the match with the Cannonball, at 11:59. Oulette made the waist gesture for the Intercontinental Title as WorldWide went off the air.

Overall: 79

Match: 80

Commentary Aftermatch

Mooney" There is, one of the contenders for the Intercontinental Title!! Carl P. Oulette!!"

Lawler" What do you mean, one, Mooney? Don't go starting trouble!!"

Mooney" I mean one, King!! You can't forget about Shawn Waltman!! You can't forget about Owen Hart!! You can't--"

Lawler" Mooney!! The last time you caused trouble, you got a black eye! Stop causing trouble!! Shaggy's got his opponent for Shangril-A!! He chose Carl Oulette!! Now let it be!!!"

Show Quality: 68%

Raw Preview!!

--What will PRIDE (James E. Cornette) and The Dark Carnival (Ringmaster Jim Neidhart) do THIS Week!!?

--Intercontinental Championship!!

Shaggy 2Dope vs. Owen Hart!

--The Sandman's first match since his horrible eye injury!!

*The Sandman vs. PRIDE's Great Kabuki!!

--Simond Diamond Continues his "Fry Frye Out Of The WWF" Petition!!

user posted image

Only 2 weeks until Series '97...

November 17rd, 1997

Monday Night Raw-

Channel: USA Network - Prime Time

Venue: Lackswanton Air Centre - Delray Beach, Florida

Attendance: 12,033

Announcing Team: Joey Styles & Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan

Referee Team: Bill Alfonso, Mike Chioda, Dave Hebner, Shane McMahon, Jimmy Korderas, Joey Marella, John Finnegan, Jim Mollineaux

By

Dave Schmeltzer

- The Crimson Twins Work Together -

Xamot d. The Mighty Horace Hogan

Raw 11/17 opened up with Xamot and Hogan already in the ring about to start the match. Cornette and Tamox were on the outside. Match came to an end when Cornette distracted the referee allowing The Crimson Twins to do the Crimson Cold Wave out of no where. Styles got over the ability of the Crimson Twins to work together at all times. After the victory, Renegade Warrior hit the ring, to prevent further attack

OVerall: 50

Crowd: 48

Match: 52

-ADVERTS-

The Space Croppers (Rhyno Starr & Devon Storm) d. The Wild Outlaws (Kendall Whindam & Bobby Duncum Jr.)

I'm actually starting to wonder if they're even going to push Whindam and Duncum. Croppers won with the Astroiod Blast (Storm atomic drop into Rhyno Storm spear) in 8:22.

Overall: 58

Crowd: 48

-ADVERTS-

- Sting Claims To Know The Secrect Of Shangril-a -

Vince McMahon was in the ring next, and did on of his insane introductions for, well--of course--Sting. Sting said that he "knew the secret of Shangril-a" Sting actually went into one of his late '80's promos, and started talking about how he was a product of the Darkside, and how he was the one who was going to triumph in the 'Hells Pit' match. He agreed to The Dark Carnival's claims that "It" would soon end...but added that the Dark Carnival never said what "it" was. He then said that, on the "30th Day, of the 11th Month. The Carnival will come to an end...giving birth to a ressurection like never before seen.." Even though the fans had no idea what he meant, he got cheered anyway. This is when, James E. Cornette, the leader of PRIDE, and Ringmaster Jim Neidhart, the manager of the Dark Carnival started to march to the ring, yelling that Sting didn't know what he was talking about. Finally, as Neidhart argued face to face with Sting, in the ring, Cornette snuck around Sting and bashed him in the back with the Tennis Racket. Sting kinda no-selled it, turned around to Cornette, but then fell to a double axehandle by the former wrestler, Neidhart. McMahon started screaming for help as Cornette bashed Sting in the back over and over with the racket, along with Neidhart kicking at Sting. Finally, out came WWF Champion Bret Hart, to a huge pop, knocking Cornette and Neidhart out of the ring. As this segment ended, into the next advert break, Heenan kept yelling;

"What does Sting know!? What does THAT MAN know?" 81%

Sting lost overness from this segment.

- Diamond Tries To Get More Signatures For His "Fry Frye Out of The WWF" petition -

From the attack, they did a quick cut to Simond Diamond in the back. He walked past "The Highlight Kid" Shawn Waltman and yelled; "Simon Says to Sign This petition!! It's to protect wrestlers' safety, against Savages such as Don Frye!!"

Waltman laughed at Diamond, and started to explain how Frye's style of fighting is a form of martial arts. I like how they're getting over Frye's style by subtley having wrestlers just flat out explain it. However, Waltman got a little to in depth. Diamond interupted Waltman yelling;

"Simon didn't say to give a speech!!!", before walking off. The crowd actually started laughing from this. 77%

Shawn Waltman lost overness from this segment. Simon Diamond gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

- Cold Wave #2: Unsuccessful -

The Renegade Warrior d. Tomax

Match wasn't sooo bad, considering The Warrior was involved. Styles put over the Warrior here big time, calling him the "real Ultimate Warrior in Wrestling". A definate knock at WCW who horribly buried Warrior over the last year. Warrior now has a great midcard feud with Vinnie Vegas, aka Kevin Nash. Anyway, finals of the match came when Xamot, from the outside started to climb the turnbuckle for the Crimson Cold Wave, but was quickly knocked off the top by Hogan who ran down to the ring. This allowed WArrior to "power out" of the Power bomb attempt by Tomax, and nail him with the Gorilla Slam for the victory. Hogan also nailed Tomax with his Mighty Hogan Legdrop, before Xamot recovered and dragged his brother out of the ring.

Overall: 58

Crowd: 54

-ADVERTS-

- Diamond Aims For "An Icon" to Start the Trend and Sign his Petition -

Coming out of the break, Simon Diamond marched to the ring with his clipboard in hand. Styles was great here in saying "C'mon...we've got a show to do!" pushing the overall acceptance of Frye's wrestling style. Diamond grabbed the microphone and talked about a horrible travesty in the WWF. He said that wrestling had no room for "Savage Beasts, like Don Frye." Well then, what about Mike Tyson? Oh, he's boxing. He continued yelling; "Those 'shoot fighters' don't even wrestle in a ring!! They wrestle in a freakin' cage!!" Diamond then said, that he need someone of star magnitude to start the trend, and get all of the WWF on his side. He then yelled; "Simon Needs an Icon--a WWF Personality of great prestige!! That's right...former I-C Champion--The King Of The WWF--The colour commentator of WorldWide--that's right, Jerry Lawler!! King Man, Simon Says, c'mon down!!"

With that, Lawler came down to a huge pop, crown in hand. After Diamond was done explaining his plea to Lawler, Lawler replied;

"Hey...I think the only reason that you care so much, is because you're scared! That's right, you're afraid of Don Frye!!"

The crowd popped for this, as Diamond threw a tantrum and tried to deny it. He then shouted at Lawler to sign the paper--but Lawler, instead simply spit on it to a nice pop. At this point Diamond ripped the microphone out of Lawler's hand...

"That's it!!! This week!! PHAT TV!!! I want President Slick!! I want Don Frye's agent, Clyde Vasseur!!! And I want them in a meeting! I will not let this man pollute my sport!! Now c'mon...everybody; "Fry Frye OUT!! Fry Frye OUT!! Fry Frye OUT!!"

No one chanted along with Diamond. But it did let him show his promo skills. Funny stuff, as Diamond continues to try to get the shootfighter out of the WWF. 79%

Simon Diamond gained overness from this segment. Jerry Lawler lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

- Sabu Helps The Sandman's first Victory since 'the injury' -

The Sandman d. The Great Kabuki

Sandman's first match back was actually not that bad. Luckilly, Kabuki is experienced enough to have a good match with The Sandman. Numerous times during the match, Sandman 'Had Trouble seeing', and at many times almost accidently took out referee John Finnegan--who probably wouldn't have disqualified him anyway. At 10:33, Kabuki gave Sandman a hard eye rake, which Sandman sold huge--given his vision impairment--however 2 minutes later, Sabu ran to the ring, accompanied by Paulie Dangerously, and tossed a chair right at Kabuki's head, knocking him straight into a Sandman DDT for the victory. After this, Hayabusa hit the ring, and gave Sabu a dropkick off the top rope from behind. This started a 2 on 2 brawl, which was quickly broken up by officials. Styles put over Hayabusa and Sabu big time, teasing the kind of match that the two will have at Survivor Series '97: Shangril-A.

Overall: 77

Crowd: 78

-ADVERTS-

- Bret Hart & Sting Challenge Cornette's and Neidhart's Best -

Coming off the break, they show Eric Bischoff snooping around the back trying to get a word with Owen Hart, who has an I-C Title shot against Shaggy 2Dope, next. Owen was with brother Bret and Sting, just before zooming out of the camera's range "going to the ring". Bischoff talked about the events that happened earlier tonight, and asked Sting to reveal what he knew. Sting, once again, did his nonense talk, saying; " I know what Shangril-A is all about!! You see...there are two realities!! There's the reality that The Dark Carnival's been talking about for the last few months!! But then...there's the reality that I can create!! The reality that I can create when I face The Undertaker in this Hell's Pit Match!! And it's that reality that will be uncovered, Bischoff!! It's that reality, that will make everything right in the WWF once again!! It's that reality that for the first time since--

At this point, Bret Hart cut in, and said that he was tired of hearing "All Of This Darkside stuff", and challenged Cornette and Neidhart to get their two best against himself and Sting later tonight on RAW. Crowd popped huge for the Sting-Bret team again. Heenan ended the segment yelling;

"What was Sting going to say!! Why did Bret interupt him!! What is HIS reality!! How will he effect Shangril-a in that Hells Pit match!! I'm scared Joey!! Hold me!"

91%

- Bill Alfonso & Oulette Help Shaggy 2Dope; Outcry From Waltman -

Shaggy 2Dope d. Owen Hart

Crowd was really hot for this match. Looks like they've been doing a great buildup with Owen as a worthy title contender. Alfonso did the heel ref deal for the whole match, stopping Owen Hart each time he got offense, slow counts, and even disregarded the 5 count for Shaggy 2Dope's 'illegal' wrestling holds. Midway during the match, Waltman came to the ring, and started yelling at Alfonso to "Be Fair". At 12:22, Owen got Shaggy in the sharpshooter. This is when Alfonso, comedically yelled out, "Awwwwwww, My Arm!! My Arm!!" Of course, he was holding his left leg in pain. Waltman continued to scream and yell at Fonzie until he was blindsided on the outside by Carl Oulette. Oulette then practically threw road agent Ole Anderson out of his ringside chair, and stepped in the ring facing Owen, threatening to bash him with the chair. Owen, showing his "courage" kept the sharpshooter on Shaggy and gave Oulette the middle finger--which was pixelated/censored on TV. Oulette responded by yelling;

"Owen, vous jouez de malchance d'être un Hart!!"

Of course, no one new what the hell that meant. But Oulette smashed Owen with the chair right in the face, as Fonzie continued to clutch his leg...since his arm was in pain. After the chair shot, Alfonso got up, yelling;

"I don't beleive it, daddy!! I can see!! I can see! I'm healed!!"

Oulette dragged Shaggy onto Owen as Fonzie made the 3 count to a LOUD heel reaction. There were very loud, "Shaggy Sucks", "Oulette Sux", and "Fonzo sux" chants, for the next few minutes as Shaggy escaped (with Oulette and Fonzie) with his Intercontinental Belt. Waltman, soon recovered, and attended to Owen in the ring....

Overall: 87

Crowd: 95

The WWF Intercontinental title has gained in image.

-ADVERTS-

- Mike Tyson Gets Arrested -

Mike Tyson made his third WWF appearance this week getting arrested after he refused to leave WWF Premises. Coming out of the break, a limousine pulled up, which was revealed to be occupied by both Mr. Everything and his new buddy, Mike Tyson. Out came Mr. Everything Andrew Martin, wearing street clothes, and a new peice of merchandise--the "Mr. Everything" T-Shirt. Except he was still wearing his black cape. A 6 foot man coming out of a limousine in jeans, a T-shirt and a cape? Only in the WWF. Francine opened the other side, and out came Mike Tyson, to a, mixed--yet strong reaction. Martin and Tyson began walking to the back entrance, but were stopped by Pat Patterson & Gerald Brisco at the door Brisco and Patterson urged Tyson that they were given strict orders not to let Tyson in. Tyson starting throwing a fit. Finally, more officials, this time JJ Dillon along with his 'two high ranking officials' as they're always called--Vince Russo & Ed Ferrera, joined the scene and promised to see Tyson and Shangril-A. They also said that Martin was barred, also, for 'associating' with Tyson. Finally Tyson grabbed Brisco and threw him to the ground. The other officials scattered, but eventually were manhandled by Tyson and Mr. Everything. Finally they barged in, but were greated with The Doctor Of Style, President Slick running, leading 6 huge black police officers to Mr. Everything and Tyson. Tyson started screaming for Zeus the "Little Boy", before being taken out by Police. The crowd popped big time as Mr. Everything and Zeus were carried away in cuffs. Crowd applauded this scene. This is sure to make the syndicated sports shows. 86%

-ADVERTS-

- Owen & Oulette Join the Fray; Tenzan Pins Bret -

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, The Undertaker, & Carl P. Oulette d. Bret 'Hitman' Hart, Sting, & Owen Hart

This match originally started as per Bret & Sting's challenge; The Undertaker & Tenzan vs. Bret & Sting...but midway during the match, they showed a Titan Tron shot of Owen Hart looking for Oulette, after what he did to Owen earlier tonight. Owen's face was busted up from the chair shot. Finally, Owen found Oulette--and ended up dragging him to the ring aready, causing an impromptu six man tag. John Finnegan was officiating, which meant that tags were rare. Finals of the match came at 13:22, after quite the spot on RAW. With Sting and Owen taking on The Undertaker inside the ring, Oulette and Tenzan double teamed Bret on the outside. The ending of that exchange saw Oulette hold down Bret on the outside, while Tenzan moonsaulted to the outside of the ring, landing on Bret Hart. This started a small 'ECW' chant, which usually doesn't start unless something big occurs...and you can bet that Paul Heyman, backstage, gets a big ego boost out of it each time. Oulette then rolled the WWf Champion back into the ring, as Tenzan struggled to climb the turnbuckle again--landing his top rope headbutt on the Hitman, for the victory. After the bell, Sting and Owen leaped at Tenzan--but in seconds too late. Inoki and Cornette celebrated quite feverishly holding up Tenzan's hand, with the GWF Title, as he backpeddled to the back. Going off the air...they did a series of Split screen spots here...showing 1)Tenzan/Bret, 2)Owen/Oulette, and 3)Undertaker/Sting... Another strong RAW, further adding and buidling to the storyline of Survivor Series '97: Shangril-A.

Crowd: 88

Commentary Aftermath

Styles" Oh My GAWD!! Did you see that!! Did you see that Moonsault from the top rope, to the ring floor!! Who would do such a thing!!?"

Heenan" Tenzan would!! The man may not speak our language!! But he speaks a language. A language of PRIDE!! All he cares about is winning!! "

Styles" Look at those 6 men!! They don't like each other one bit!! Owen had his shot at the I-C ruined...just like Waltman...thanks to Oulette!! President Slick has to do something about this!! Bret Hart--perhaps now, has a pyscological disadvantage to Tenzan!! Maybe he overestimated him! And Sting...Sting plans to 'make things right', against The Undertaker in that Hell's Pit match!"

Heenan" But what does Sting know!? Bret interupted him when he was explaining it!! What role is Sting playing at Survivor Series!!! What is going on!!! Hold me, Joey!!!"

Styles" Ugh...Oh my Gawd."

Show Quality: 78%

TV Rating: 8.00 (7.80 Monday Nitro)

PHAT TV!!

--The Doctor Of Style: President Slick Makes A Presidential Address!!!

--The Sandman & Sabu vs. The Great Kabuki & Hayabusa

--The Crimson Twins vs. The Hart Brothers!!

--Simon Diamond's "meeting" with The WWF President, and The Agent of shoot fighter, Don Frye!!

--Plus, Much, Much, much more!!!!!

WWF PHAT TV

Only 2 Weeks until Series '97...

November 20rd, 1997

Venue: The Clinzone -- Timberville, MN

By

Dave Schmeltzer

- The Doctor Of Style's Presidential Address -

PHAT TV on 11/20 opened up with Slick sitting at his desk, which read "YO' El Presidente". Zeus & New Jack were shown on standing on each side of the desk as Slick spoke to the fans. He ran down the card and announced that Bret Hart would be defending the WWF Title against The Dark Patriot one final time, tonight. He also announced that because of the recent events surrounding the Intercontinental Title, he felt it only; "Feeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrrr", that both The Highlight Kid Shawn Waltman, and Owen Hart deserve a shot at the title just as Carl Oulette does. He then announced that the Shangril-a I-C match was now a WWF Four Way Frenzie! The crowd popped huge for this addition, to a card which already seems better than most Wrestlemanias. Not only that, but with the addition of the old 'Survivr Series' style matches, this will be one of the most entertaining to date. And, I think....that the WWF has accidently created a PPV that will now be known as being a late year equal to Wrestlemania. Slick also urged everyone to check WWF.com after WWF Worldwide, as that is when the Survivor Series '97: Shangril-a official card will be posted. 79%

Slick lost overness from this segment.

The Dudley's (Big Dick & Spike) d. The Helmsley's (John Kronus & Hunter McMahon)

Big Dick won this match for his team after nailing Hunter with the total penetration move. After the match, Buh Buh Ray Dudley hopped in the ring and gave Hunter the Bubba Stunner for good measure.

Crowd: 54

Hunter McMahon Helmsley lost overness from this match. Spike Dudley gained overness from this match. Big Dick Dudley gained overness from this match.

- Hiroyoshi Tenzan sends a message to Corino -

Johnny Ace d. Jack Victory

It seems these two have a little rivarly going on. Ace won when Tenzan tripped Victory from the outside. While Victory turned around and went after Tenzan, Johnny Ace picked up the GWF Heavyweight Title, which was strategically left at a turnbuckle corner. With referee Joey Marella tied up with James Cornette on the outside, Ace clobbered Victory from behind with the belt. This allowed him to get the easy cover after Cornette stepped down off of the apron. After the match, Tenzan jumped in the ring and started attacking Victory with Ace. Ace handed two Ace crushers to Victory, while Tenzan added two top rope headbutts, and two top rope elbow drops to the fray. They then followed with a double Ace Crusher off of the top rope, until officials finally came to Victory's aid. Bischoff, on commentary, pushed that Steve Corino will be pretty upset when he arrives, to hear what has happened to Victory, at the hands of Johnny Ace & GWF Champion Hiroyoshi Tenzan. Inoki was seen on the ramp applauding everything that went down.

Overall: 72

Crowd: 77

Match: 62

-ADVERTS-

- The Warriors Prepare For The Crimson Twins -

Coming out of the break, Paul Ellering came out with The Warriors Of Doom, Horace Hogan & The Renegade Warrior. As Ellering talked, Hogan continued to swing his chain around in the background, while Warrior continued to huff and puff while bench-pressing the air. Ellering called The Crimson Twins "Rogues", and promised that like all "Rogues", they would be suppressed and dealt with by the "Mighty Warriors". Ellering said that he didn't care that the twins were identical, or that they were close to each other--he said that; "The only thing that's identical that matters in this match, are the beatings that the twins are going to get!" The crowd was really getting into The Warriors' of Doom's antics while Ellering was talking. Ellering and the Warriors left to a loud "Warrior Of Doom" chant. 72%

The Renegade Warrior gained overness from this segment. Horace Hogan gained overness from this segment.

- Steve Corino Arrives; And hears the news -

They then cut to the back where Steve Corino showed up with his bags. Sean Mooney, who I guess 'hangs out' in the back on Thursdays, practically attacked Corino and told him what happened to Jack Victory. Corino then responded; "Tenzan's behind this!?". He then yelled out an extremity that was bleeped off of television before running off. Bischoff on commentary teased that Tenzan should leave the building as Corino could've went looking for him. 85%

- The Ebony Experience Challenges The WWF Tag Team Champions -

Furnas & Lafon d. The Iron Shiek & Bob Backlund

Backlund looked worse than usual during this match. Lafon won the match for his team, when catching Backlund in a fisherman suplex pin at 9:33. After the match, Ebony Experience's music hit the PA system. Out came Booker T, Stevie Ray, and Lady Jacqueline. Jacqueline had the mic and spoke for the first time;

"Sooo ya'll Furnas & Lafon...we all know that those Tag Team Titles are missing somefin'! Yeaa, they's missing a little Experience...a little Ebony Experience, honey!! So let's see what kind of champions yous is...and let's see if you'll put those titles on the line at Survivor Series!!"

They then showed a close-up of Furnas & Lafon as they 'nodded' yes, while Ebony Experience returned to the back.

Overall: 65

Match: 68

Bob Backlund was sluggish and didn't put much effort in. Bob Backlund lost overness from this match. The Iron Shiek lost overness from this match. Doug Furnas gained overness from this match. Phil LaFon gained overness from this match. The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

-ADVERTS-

- Sting's "reality" After Shangril-A -

Coming out of the break, Jesse Ventura was in the ring, and introduced Sting to a huge pop. He asked Sting how it felt to be a WWF Wrestler for a couple months now. Sting went into a giant speech talking about starting his career as a Horsemen, breaking away from that group, and winning NWA and WCW titles which got a nice reaction from the crowd. Sting even started naming wrestlers from WCW that he recently beat such as, Shawn Michaels, John "Berzerker" Nord, King Kong Bundy, Arn Anderson, Brian Pillman, and finally Hulk Hogan. Ventura, then asked Sting the real question that everyone wanted answered.

Ventura" Now, Stinger!! You claim to know about this Shangrila business!! You say that if you beat The Undertaker in the Hell's pit match, that your reality of Shangrila's aftermath will come true! But if you loose, then the Dark Carnival's reality will come true!! What is your reality!! What is their reality!?"

Sting" Well, Jesse--it's real simple!! Their reality contains Darkness--mistique--evil!!! And you see, I may not know exactly what this Hell's Pit Match is, but I'm willing to do it, if it will get rid of The Undertaker and the smelly Carnival once and for all!! But if I win...or WHEN I WIN!! (Crowd cheers), All will be right in the WWF once again!! That's right!! I came to the WWF to make a difference!! And this is how I'm gonna do it!! And when I'm done, for the very first time since---"

At this point, "Eye Of The Tiger" started to play on the PA system. Steve Corino came out to a plethora of booes. Bischoff, here on commentary kept yelling;

"First time since? Since what!! What was Sting going to say!!?"

92%

- Steve Corino calls Out Tenzan On Sting's Time -

Steve Corino came out and yanked the microphone out of Ventura's hand to scream;

"Tenzan!!! Ace!! You wanna mess with Jack Victory just to send a message to me!? Well, ya got my attention!! Let's go!! Tenzan!! We don't have to wait until Novemember 30th! We can do this right now!! Hell, save yourself a beating and just give me the GWF Title!!"

Sting grabbed the mic out of Corino's hand and told him that he wasn't done talking. Corino responding saying that this was more important than Sting's "Magical Voodoo Feud with The Dark Carnival". At this point the two had a very long staredown before officials hit the ring before anything physical were to start. 89%

-ADVERTS-

- Shaggy Helps Oulette -

Carl Oulette d. Shawn Waltman

Great PHAT TV match here. Alfonso was the referee here which gave hints to a screwy ending. Finals of this match came when Shaggy came to the ring, holding up the Intercontinental Title as the fans chanted '2Dope sux'. Waltman started yelling at 2Dope to come into the ring--which Shaggy did, leading to a short 1-1 encounter between Waltman and Shaggy. Oulette soon joined the fray leading into a blatant double team on Waltman. At 11:11, The Clown literally held down Waltman, as Oulette wne to the top and nailed Waltman with the CannonBall for the victory. Of course, Bischoff made it a point to mention Bill Alfonso letting Shaggy interfere in the match. Owen Hart hit the ring to save Shawn Waltman from a pro-longed two on one attack. I really like the way that this four way frenzie Shangril-a match has developed. This has a chance to be the match of the night.

Overall: 87

Crowd: 90

Match: 82

-ADVERTS-

- Simon Diamond's Meeting With Clyde Vasseur & Don Frye -

Coming out of the break, Don Frye and his agent Clyde Vasseur were standing in the ring, with President Slick, awaiting the arrival of Simon Diamond. Diamond came out shortly after, accompanied by TRASH'S Road Dogg Brian James. Diamond said that he brought out Road Dogg so that he can 'take out the garbage'...and that garbage, being Don Frye. Clyde interjected during Diamond's tirade, yelling; "Is it that Road Dogg is the only person who actually believes that you have a valid arguement from bannishing Don Frye from the WWF!? As the agent of Don Frye...we couln't find anymore competition in the world of shootfighting. So I signed Frye a deal with The World Wrestling Federation!! What is so wrong with that!?" The crowd cheered this point, since, with Diamond's recent attempts with his petition--it would appear that way. Diamond then referred to his "evidence", which were a series of Don Frye clips from his shoot fighting days, that Vasseur alluded to. I'm hearing the WWF paid an ungodly amount of money to have access to that footage. Anyway, the footage showed Frye winning his battles with blatant chokeholds. Frye, then started yelling at Diamond, and ended making the following challenge;

Frye"Hey!! Diamond!! You know what!! You think I'm such a threat to the WWF! Well, you're the only one!! You and your garbage picking friend over here!! Lets see if you can back up your words!! How bout you against me...in the Biggest Event Of WWF History--Survivor Series '97: Shangril-a!! If you win! Fine!! I'm gone!! Frye is Fried out of the WWF!!"

Diamond (Laughing) "...uhh...wait? That's it!? I mean..this is great for me..but what's in it for you?"

Frye" Oh me? All I'm asking is that it be my kind of match. NO RULES!!"

**The crowd was going nuts for this. Especially after seeing the footage of what Frye is capable of without rules. Diamond seemed to be thinking hard about it, but Road Dogg interjected here, seeing this 'as Diamond's chance' to rid the WWF of Frye.

James" You're on!! (To Diamond) This is your chance to get him out, man!! Yea!!"

Diamond (After gustering up courage)" Yea!! Yea!! Fine!! You got it!! See you at Survivor Series; Bucko!! Simon Says, game's over for you!!"

Don Frye was already up the ramp, when Diamond said his final words. The announcers did a good job of building this as Frye's kind of match. 69%

Clyde Vasseur gained overness from this segment. Don Frye gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERT-

- A Shangril-A Main Event Preview -

Bret 'Hitman' Hart d. The Dark Patriot - CAGE

I had a flashback to the NATT Sudden Death Matches of 1993-94 when Slick came to the ring and announced that this would be a Sudden Death Match. After he made the announcement, the CAGE started to descend to the ring. I knew that they had to have some sort of concrete reason for having this match on TV. Hart won with interferance from Steve Corino. Bischoff built this as Corino returning the favour to Bret, since Bret saved him last week, while Ventura insisted that it was to keep the title on Bret, so that Corino would have the pleasure of beating his longtime rival. Finals came when Bret nailed Patriot with his top rope elbow, russian side leg sweep, followed by a long Sharpshooter spot, which really got the crowd into it. Hart escaped the cage, but Bruce Pritchard, Patriot's manager started climbing the cage to stop Bret--but that's when Corino came down and pulled Pritchard down to a huge pop. Hart won the match, grabbed his belt, and stared at Corino, as if to say "Thank You". Finally, Antonio Inoki came out and started screaming and yelling in Japanese. Then yelled;

"Corino!! You looking for Tenzan!! Well here he is!! Hitman!! Meet the new WWF Unified Champion!!"

With that, Tenzan charged the ring and got into a scuffle with Corino. Hart joined the fray, but was soon accidently hit by Corino. This caused all three men to go at it, as PHAT TV went off the air.

Overall: 80

Crowd: 90

Match: 59

Bret Hart was sluggish and didn't put much effort in. "Dangerous" Doug Gilbert was sluggish and didn't put much effort in. The WWF World title has lost image.

Commentary Aftermath

Bischoff" My oh my, Jesse!! We have the Shangril-A Main Event going on right now!! It's Bret--Steve--and Tenzan!! One of these men will unify the WWF Heavyweight Championship!!"

Ventura" That's right, Bischoff!! And Shangril-a is shaping up to be better than I thought!! Now we've got that no-rules match!!"

Bischoff" PHAT TV is pre-empted next week with the Tokyo Iscle Dog Show, but be sure to tune in to WWF WorldWide, this Saturday on Fox!!! Take care everybody!"

Show Quality: 76%

WWF WorldWide Preview!!

--FEATURE MATCH!!

The Undertaker vs. The Sandman

--PLUS!!

*Mr. Everything vs. New Jack

*Footage Bret Hart's preparation for the WWF 3 Way Dance

*Don Frye vs. Brian James

--

And, much, much more!

Awesome updates man, I'm really digging the HLK Sean Waltman. Hopefully he'll get some gold around his waist soon. I like the Crimson twins as well. Their passing the mic stuff is pretty cool. I see them being future tag team champions after the Survivor Series is over with possibly. Mr. Everything rocks as well. Survivor Series looks stacked and looks like there will be a few interesting things going on. I think Bret will walk out with the title though. Tenzan has been hyped well, But I don't see him or Corino walking out as champion. Maybe Bret will drop the title later on? Tyson/Zeus has been hyped quite well. But the match will probably blow, But it would be an awesome sight to see.

The Sting/Taker stuff is good, I have no idea what the Hell's Pit Match is, But I don't see Taker losing it. Looking forward to the next updates :thumbsup:

Also, Who is The Butler for HHH and Kronus? I looked back and I don't think you mentioned who played him......

Thanks.

Yea, I too REAAAAAAALLLLLY enjoyed writing his character. Especially around the whole Bret - Patriot thing. After that, I was really proud of what his character had become. Oh Well.

BHewey, glad you like the goods. Yea, also, I really enjoyed the Mr. Everything push, better than diesel. Look for more of Martin soon.

Because, I am everything. And you are nothing. ;)

Next few updates on THURDSDAY.

Only 1 Week until Series '97...

November 22rd, 1997

By

Dave Schmeltzer

- The WWF Champion Prepares For His Survivor Series Match -

WWF Worldwide on 11/22 opened up with footage from Bret Hart's home, in Calgary Alberta, Canada, working out whilst watching tapes of Hiroyoshi Tenzan. Crowd popped big for this, then, of course, they went to the opening credits. 83%

Earthquake d. Dr. Wagner Jr.

Earthquake actually winning a match in, at least 3 years, was quite a suprise. Must be some sort of company reward for being a loyal employee over the years.

Overall: 52

Crowd: 47

Match: 58

- Steve Corino doing Preparation Of His Own-

Following the Earthquake victory, Sean Mooney did one of his live via satellite deals, this time interviewing Steve Corino at the Old School Dojo, which was really just a part of the WWf's developement territory - The GWF. Corino was pictured working out--and didn't stop working out when answering Mooney's questions. Great job here in showing the importance of the WWF Unified Title match, next weekend at Survivor Series '97: Shangril-a. Finally at the end of the interview, Corino stopped and said;

"Tenzan!! Hart!! Next week--At WWF Survivor Series, you will learn why I am the KING of Old School!!"

He then made his Triple Threat/Camp Corino sign to the camera as it faded out. Great segment here. Corino looked intense. 93%

Steve Corino gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

- Mr. Everything Requests Help From Slick's former wrestlers, Doom ED -

Doom ED (Koko B. Ware d. Butch Reed) d. The Wild Outlaws (Bobby Duncum Jr. & Kendall Whindam

Butch Reed has died his hair pure white again. And Koko has orange hair. They used this match to announce that Mr. Everything's Team will be facing Zeus's team at Survivor Series. I'm guessing they made the change to this from a Zeus-Tyson one on one match simply because of how bad of a singles match that that could be. Either way is fine, since Tyson's name, no matter in what capacity, will draw in ratings. Right after, Doom ED won the match, Francine came out w/ Mr. Everything to a nice heelish reaction.

Overall: 49

Crowd: 51

Match: 47

Francine came to the ring, as Mooney wondered, blindly what Francine and Mr. Everything could possibly want with Doom ED. Francine had the mic as Martin stood in the corner, wearing his goofy looking cape. Francine mentioned about how "Mr. Everything" Andrew Martin was going to be teaming with the biggest name in Boxing, Mike Tyson, and how they needed the best partners against Zeus's team. Francine went on about how no other team in the WWF new Zeus's Manager, Slick more than anybody in the WWF, and requested their help. At first, Koko & Reed wanted no part of it, but then Martin took the mic. He starting talking about how Slick "left" Doom ED for Zeus. He added how Slick dropped them for "The Next Big Thing", Zeus, the "big madman from No Hold's Barred". As Martin kept labeling Slick as "a turncoat", Reed and Koko finally started to be persuaded and extended their hands to Reed and Francine showing their allegiance. Francine did a good job with the mic, and with believably persuading Doom ED to believe what she was saying. 79%

Francine gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

- Sabu Plans To Avenge His Intercontinental Title Loss on Hayabusa -

Hayabusa d. Dr. X

Good match, for a squash especially. No one knows that that's Dr. Pritchard under the mask, otherwise the high quality of workrate from Dr. X would be better understood. After Hayabusa's win with the Stardust flip, Paulie Dangerously was shown on the titan Tron standing with Sabu...

Overall: 70

Match: 79

Paulie Dangerously did a very strong (taped) promo hyping the Shangril-a confrontation between the two wrestlers. Dangerously mentioned, very effectivley how Sabu dominated the Intercontinental Title scene for the better portion of 1997. Paulie's promo was so intensley delivered that it sparked a very loud "Sabu" chant--perhaps the loudest that I have ever heard on WWF television. And for a WorldWide crowd, that made it even more amazing. Paulie then went on to compared the two wrestling styles, putting Sabu's triple jump moonsault over Hayabusa's stardust flip. The promo ended with this Dangerously soundbite;

"...so Hayabusa!! Bring all the PRIDE that you need! Because, next week...at Survivor Series...Shangril-a, you're going to find out why THIS is the future of the WWF!! The man who creates excitement in any match he's in!! The man that shocks the world day in and day out!! The Homicidal!! Genocidal!! Suicidal!! SABU!!" 90%

-adverts-

Don Frye d. Brian James

Funny match here, as James gave the impression that he was 'afraid' to wrestle Frye. At several times during the match, referee Charles Robinson had to pull Frye off of Frye reminding him that a chokehold was an illegal hold in the WWF. The announcers kept getting over the fact that everything, however, is to be legal during the Frye-Diamond match at Shangril-a. Frye won in 5 minutes with the arm and leg submission hold. This really showed Frye's 'menacing' UFC attitude during the match.

Crowd: 55

Brian James lost overness from this match. Don Frye gained overness from this match.

- The "Hitman/Hero" Music Video -

They then played a 3 minute video of Bret Hart to some slow "Hero" song. It was here that we got the promised footage of Bret Hart working out, as well as alot of footage from Bret Hart's career, leading up to his latest WWF Title win. 100%

Bret Hart gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

The Undertaker d. The Sandman

I'm still hearing that the Sandman is headed for a monster push after Survivor Series. Probably the reason why he was chosen to job to The Undertaker a week before the event. After the Undertaker's tombstone victory, Sean Mooney left his broadcast post to ask The Undertaker what exactly the Hell's Pit match was. Undertaker continued to walk to the back with manager Jim Neidhart, ignoring Mooney's questioning.

Crowd: 89

Match: 70

Commentary Aftermatch

Mooney" Well, unfortunately, I can't get any answers from The Undertaker...but all of our anwsers will be answered just one week from this Sunday!! It's The Survivor Series!! It's Shangril-A!! And it's a week away everybody!! So long!"

Show Quality: 72%

Raw Preview!!

--THE FINAL RAW BEFORE SURVIVOR SERIES '97!! Shangril-A!!!

--Sting vs. The Great Kabuki!!

--Sabu d. Mike Barton

--I-C Title match!

*Shaggy 2Dope (Champion) vs. Zeus

--"Mr. Everything" Andrew Martin vs. New Jack

--Plus, Steve Corino, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Bret Hart, Siamond Diamond, PRIDE, THE DARK CARNIVAL, and MORE!!!!