World Championship Wrestling 1995

Thrilla

user posted image

The Nitro fireball explodes onto our screens as the TNT logo flashes up with the metallic letters spelling out 'Monday Nitro' above it, we pan into the sold out arena, the camera floating over the heads of the Atlanta crowd who cheer wildly as the opening theme of the show plays throughout the arena. The camera switches to a view of our two commentators for the evening, Tony Schiavone, sat on the right, wearing a black suit and tie with a white shirt and Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan on the right in a white shirt who nods to the camera as the show opens up.

Tony Schiavone: Welcome everyone to another edition of Monday Nitro, we are one week removed from the reformation of The Four Horsemen as last week Curt Hennig made his shocking debut during the end of Arn Anderson's match with Sting and joined the group in a sickening act of cowardice

Bobby Heenan: Cowardice? Schiavone last week you saw a master plan coming together, Curt Hennig joining the Horsemen and getting one up on Sting. Look at the collection of men that now make up the Horsemen, Arn Anderson, the single toughest man in this sport, Brian Pillman, the best up and coming wrestler in the industry, Curt Hennig, a man that has proved himself time and again worldwide and of course, Ric Flair, the thirteen times World Heavyweight Champion. I asked you last week if you believed in The Horsemen now, well do you Schiavone?

Tony Schiavone: I have to admit its hard not to Brain, as you just said the talent in that group alone is astounding. But tonight will be a real test as Brian Pillman of The Horsemen takes on 'The Natural' Dustin Rhodes in our main event and it won't be the first time that a member of the Rhodes family has gone up against The Horsemen

Bobby Heenan: No but it could be the last time, lets not forget The Horsemen have beaten down guys like Rhodes and Sting for years and tonight will be no different

Tony Schiavone: Well that remains to be seen Brain. Fans as we've already said tonight's scheduled main event is Dustin Rhodes against Brian Pillman in what should be a great match up between two young and hungry wrestlers who are very much the future of their respective groups, in The Horsemen and WCW

Bobby Heenan: But that's not all Schiavone, a man I'm beginning to like more and more every time I see him, Lex Luger is action tonight as he takes on Jim Duggan. Hopefully we'll get to see more of that mean streak of Luger's tonight as he makes a beeline towards the World Title Battle Royale at World War Three.

Tony Schiavone: We may perhaps see that Brain, speaking of titles, the WCW World Tag Team Champions, Harlem Heat are scheduled to be in action as they take on The American Males. Its been a while since Riggs and Bagwell have teamed together here in WCW, but as Harlem Heat continue to throw out challenges to everybody in WCW, teams are lining up to take the shots at trying to dethrone the supposedly 'unbeatable brothas from the hood' Stevie Ray and Booker T

Bobby Heenan: Diamond Dallas Page and the lovely Kimberly will be out here later on

Tony Schiavone: As will the reigning Television Champion, Johnny B Badd, who as of late hasn't exactly been in Page and Kimberly's good books. Plus in our semi main event, the United States Champion, Kensuke Sasaki will team with Paul Orndorff to take on Too Cold Scorpio and 'Canadian Crippler' Chris Benoit in a battle between the top four men in the United States Title Division

Bobby Heenan: That should be a great match, I like that Benoit, he hurts people and he enjoys it

Tony Schiavone: But up first fans we have a great junior heavyweight match lined up as 'The Iceman' Dean Malenko takes on Disco Inferno, lets take it to ringside and get the best two hours of live wrestling action on a Monday night underway!

Dean Malenko Vs. Disco Inferno

We join the ring with Disco Inferno just climbing through the ropes to the boos and jeers of the Atlanta fans, Disco begins to dance in the middle of the ring drawing even more of a negative response from the crowd. Dean Malenko’s music kicks in and the ‘Iceman’ makes way down the aisle towards the ring, Malenko looks subdued but confident as he climbs into the ring, the referee checks Malenko over for international objects and then calls for the opening bell.

Bobby Heenan: You know in all of the excitement I’ve only just realised… Where’s Bischoff?

Tony Schiavone: Unfortunately Eric is out of Atlanta this week on some presidential matters, he told me that he is planning some big plans for World War Three and needs to take care of them tonight

Bobby Heenan: So it has nothing to do with the fact that he scared of The Four Horsemen?

Tony Schiavone: Brain… Ah, lets call the match

The two men circle each other twice before locking up, Malenko takes over with an Overhand Wristlock, he backs Disco into the corner and unloads with a pair of European Uppercuts before whipping Disco across the ring, Dean follows in with a running knee to the stomach that doubles Disco over. Malenko pounds on Disco’s back with some clubbing forearms before Suplexing him into the middle of the ring, Malenko floats over for a cover, 1… 2.. Kickout from Disco. Malenko picks up Disco and whips him to the ropes, Malenko follows two steps behind him and delivers another knee to the stomach, The Iceman drops three knees to the ribs before dropping down and applying a Leg Scissors Guillotine around the ribcage of Disco.

Tony Schiavone: Malenko really taking it to Disco Inferno in the early going

Bobby Heenan: Classic Malenko, he’s picking apart his opponent

Malenko releases the hold after half a minute of struggle from Disco and immediately stomps on the ribs of Disco, he picks up Disco and whips him hard into the corner, Disco goes sternum first into the turnbuckles and then stumbles out backwards, Malenko spins him around and delivers a Gutbuster, Malenko makes the cover, 1… 2… Kickout from Disco. Malenko picks up Disco and goes to whip into the ropes, Disco reverses it and catches Dean with a Clothesline as he comes off of the ropes, Disco picks up Dean and delivers a Back Suplex, cover, 1… 2.. Kickout.

Tony Schiavone: Big comeback move there by Disco

Disco picks up Dean while holding his ribs, Disco Snapmares Malenko over and then kicks him hard in the back, Disco applies a Rear Chinlock in the middle of the ring, Dean struggles to break out of the hold, he manages to get to his feet and then breaks the grip by elbowing Disco in the ribs, Dean runs to the ropes and Shoulderblocks Disco to the mat, Dean looks to drop an elbow but Disco rolls out of the way. Both men get back to their feet at the same time, Disco pokes Malenko in the eye and then takes him over with an Armdrag, pick up from Disco who follows up with Northern Lights Suplex but he can’t bridge for the pin because of the ribs. Disco climbs to the second turnbuckle and comes off with a Flying Elbow to the head of Malenko just as he gets to his feet, Disco makes the cover, 1… 2.. Kickout.

Tony Schiavone: A great back and forth match here fans, remember this match was announced first by our very own ‘Professor’ Mike Tenay on the WCW Hotline, call now for all the hot, hot news on 1-909-00-99-00. Kids remember to ask for your parent’s permission first

Bobby Heenan: Ah, quit being a goody-goody Schiavone

Disco picks up Malenko and whips him to the ropes, he scores with a Hiptoss and then drops a leg across Malenko’s throat, another cover, 1… 2.. Kickout from Malenko. Disco looks for a Suplex, but is cut off by a shot to the ribs from Malenko, Dean picks up Disco and then drops him ribs first over the top rope, Malenko delivers a hard forearm to the head of Disco who slumps into the ring. Malenko picks up Disco and Powerslams him to the mat, Dean climbs to the second rope and comes off with a Double Stomp to the ribs on Disco, he makes the cover, 1… 2… Kickout from Disco.

Bobby Heenan: That’ll hurt long into next week, I think he just stomped on his solar plexus

Tony Schiavone: What’s a solar plexus?

Bobby Heenan: I’m not actually sure, I think Gorilla’s have them

Malenko waits for Disco to get his feet and then knocks him down with a quick Clothesline, Disco is quickly back up and ducks Malenko’s second attempt at a knockdown, Malenko comes off of the ropes and gets Powerslammed by Disco who follows up by dropping an elbow, Disco climbs to the second rope and waits for Dean to get to his feet, Disco looks for the Flying Elbow once again, Dean sees it coming and counters by hitting Disco in the ribs, Malenko picks up the doubled over Disco and delivers a Snap Powerbomb, Dean holds onto the legs and puts Disco in an Elevated Texas Cloverleaf, pulling and stretching Disco’s ribcage… Disco submits

Winner: Dean Malenko (57%/38%/76%)

Tony Schiavone: Dean Malenko picks up a big victory here in the first match here on Monday Nitro. Another great exhibition of a junior heavyweight match right here live on Nitro

Bobby Heenan: Last week we saw highflyers, this week mat wrestlers, you’ve got to wonder what we’ll see next in this junior heavyweight division

Tony Schiavone: A great point Brain…

Bobby Heenan: … I’m thinking a masked Mexican…

Tony Schiavone: … Well you never know Brain

Bobby Heenan: Do you know why they all wear masks?

Tony Schiavone: No, Brain

Bobby Heenan: In case border control are watching. Wait a minute... That sounds like The Horsemen’s music

Tony Schiavone: You’re right Brain, I don’t know why they are coming out here now though, Johnny B Badd is supposed to be defending the Television Title… Fans, I’m being told that we need to take a quick commercial break, don’t go anywhere though as it would appear that The Horsemen will be out momentarily.

**COMMERCIAL**

Tony Schiavone: Welcome back fans, on a night where Brian Pillman of The Horsemen will take on Dustin Rhodes live here in Atlanta, we have been joined in the ring by all four, yes four, members of the Four Horsemen, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Brian Pillman and the newest member Curt Hennig

Bobby Heenan: Will you shut up Schiavone? I want to listen to The Horsemen!

We head to the ring to find all four members of The Horsemen stood in a semi-circle facing the base camera; they are all dressed in immaculate tuxedos with broad smiles on their faces, Arn flashes the Horsemen hand sign to the camera as Ric Flair breaks from the semi-circle with a microphone in his hand and begins to walk around the ring…

Ric Flair: ’Woooooooooo, ha ha, last week you all saw the final piece of the puzzle added to finish the reformation of the greatest group of professional wrestlers that have ever stepped foot in any wrestling ring, anywhere in the world, just look at the talent in this ring, we go north, woooooo, we beat ‘em there, we come down south, wooooo, we beat ‘em there, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, woooo, Japan, wherever you can name, we can go and woooo, we’ll come back and tell you that they were just not good enough to beat The Horsemen. But tonight we need to slow it down and introduce the newest member of The Four Horsemen, the man that can keep up with ‘Slic’ Ric, Big Arn and The Brian, the man that is used to the highlife, that can handle the FIFTY FOOT limousines filled from end to end with the best lookin’ ladies from every town we visit, the man that can, wooo, walk THAT aisle, style and profile like only a Horsemen can… We give you, ha ha, the ‘perfect’ Horsemen, ha ha… Curt Hennig

Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman begin to clap as Ric Flair hands Curt Hennig the microphone and then joins in with the applause, Hennig walks around the ring with a smirk on his face, he runs his free hand through his hair before beginning to speak

Curt Hennig: Ric… Guys… What can I say? I mean I know the fans and everyone else around the world will be wondering why exactly Curt Hennig was chosen to become the newest member of the Horsemen. Is it because of the looks? Is because of the body? Is it because he can keep it up all night, party throughout the night and wrestle all day long better than anyone else around? Yes… Yes it is, haha

Ric Flair and Curt Hennig high-five each other and then Hennig continues

Curt Hennig: Because you see its as Flair and Arn have been saying for years, the Horsemen are the elite in professional wrestling, we are everything that every wrestler strives to be… We are, heh, perfect

Brian Pillman slaps Hennig on the back and takes the microphone from him

Brian Pillman: And tonight we prove it again as I’m gonna take Dustin Rhodes out before he even thinks of trying to become something like his father, although to be fair if he wants to become the Horsemen’s personal whipping boy that’s his business. Tonight Rhodes you go down, Horsemen style, I said it last week about Sting and I’ll say it tonight about you, when its all said and done and the Horseman rid out of town you’ll be the only laying battered and bruised and laying in our wake!

The Horsemen’s music kicks in as Pillman drops the microphone to the floor, all four members flash the Horsemen hand sign to the camera before leaving the ring and making their way to the back.

Tony Schiavone: Strong words from The Horsemen there, Brain

Bobby Heenan: You should expect nothing else Schiavone, Flair, Arn, Pillman, Hennig, they aren’t the type of guys who mince their words

Tony Schiavone: Well tonight in our main event will we see if the Horsemen can back up their words with actions as Brian Pillman takes of Dustin Rhodes

Bobby Heenan: If they can back up their words? Did you not see Sting battered and bruised last week in the middle of that very ring?

Tony Schiavone: It took four men to do that Brain, is that we are to expect for the Horsemen tonight?

Bobby Heenan: Who knows, The Horsemen always have a plan, that’s the only thing I know

Tony Schiavone: Like I said, we’ll have to wait and see then Brain, but I’ll tell you what we don’t have to wait for, the WCW Television Title match which is up next, fans don’t go anywhere we’ll be right back

**COMMERCIAL**

Chris Kanyon Vs. Johnny B Badd © - WCW Television Title Match, 15 Minute Time Limit

We come back to see Johnny B Badd making his way down the aisle to the cheers of the fans, Badd has the WCW Television Title wrapped around is waist, which can just about be made out underneath his boxing-esque robe, Badd enters the ring and throws his arms up in the air to a few cheers from the ringside fans, he throws a few jabs out in the air and does a boxing shuffle before taking off his robe and handing the Television Title to the referee.

Tony Schiavone: Welcome back fans, as you’ve just seen Johnny B Badd, the Television Champion has just made his way to the ring, during the break his opponent Chris Kanyon made his way down to the ring. This should be an interesting contest Brain

Bobby Heenan: Sure, Kanyon is an unknown quantity here on Nitro so if Badd takes him for granted BAM it could be all over

Tony Schiavone: I doubt Badd will be taking anything for granted here tonight Brain

The referee holds the belt up in the air before calling for the opening bell, Kanyon in his plain black wrestling trunks, circles Badd and shoots for his legs, Badd easily fends off Kanyon’s opening attack and the two men then lock up with a collar and elbow tie-up, Kanyon shoots Badd into the ropes who comes off with a Shoulderblock that knocks Kanyon down to the mat, Badd runs off of the ropes and jumps over the prone body of Kanyon, Kanyon gets to his feet and leapfrogs the running Badd, who comes off the ropes yet again and this time Clotheslines Kanyon down to the mat, cover, 1… 2… Kickout from Kanyon. Badd picks up Kanyon and whips him into the corner, Kanyon stumbles out and gets Backdropped by Badd, another cover from Badd, 1… 2… Kickout.

Tony Schiavone: The champion is in charge here in the early going… Wait a minute, what is he doing here?

Bobby Heenan: Who cares? Look at the legs he’s brought with him

Diamond Dallas Page and Kimberly walk out from behind the entrance curtain and walk up to the commentary booth, DDP stands resting against the announce table watching the in ring action, he and Kimberly share a private joke and begin to laugh and point at Badd in the ring. Badd who by this stage has seen the two next to the announce table turns around and begins to yell at them, from behind Kanyon Schoolboys Badd, 1… 2… Kickout from Badd. Both men get up at the same time, Badd grabs Kanyon and slams him to the mat, he drops a quick elbow and then pulls Kanyon back up, he whips him into the ropes and scores with a Dropkick. Kimberly holds up a sign with a big zero on it and she and DDP laugh at Badd once again.

Tony Schiavone: Diamond Dallas Page and Kimberly don’t seem impressed with the reigning Television Champion

Bobby Heenan: Hey, Badd’s a zero, Kimberly was just telling him what everyone else already thinks of him

Tony Schiavone: I doubt that Brain, you don’t get to be a champion in this company if you’re not the best around

Badd picks up Kanyon and plants him with a Neckbreaker, Badd makes the cover, 1… 2… Kickout from Kanyon. Badd gets up and walks over to Page and Kimberly and yells at them once again to leave, Page stands up and walks to a crowd member and grabs a box of popcorn and begins to eat from it, flicking a piece in Badd’s direction. Kanyon gets up and spins Badd around before planting the champion with a DDT, Kanyon makes the cover, 1… 2… Kickout from Badd. Kanyon picks up Badd and whips him into the corner, Kanyon follows in and Monkey Flips Badd out into the middle of the ring, Kanyon drops an elbow and makes the cover, 1… 2.. Kickout from Badd

Bobby Heenan: Badd needs to get his head in the game and stop worrying about Page, he could easily lose the title here

Kanyon picks up Badd and once again whips him into the corner, Kanyon walks in and picks up Badd putting him on the top rope, Kanyon delivers a Superplex to the champion, he rolls over and makes a cover, 1…. 2… Badd manages to get a shoulder out. On the outside Page and Kimberly clap Kanyon’s efforts, Kimberly even holds up a sign with the number 7.5 on it and blows a kiss in direction. Kanyon delivers some Clubbing Forearms to Badd’s back before whipping him into the corner once again, Kanyon puts Badd up on the top rope once again, he looks for a Superplex but Badd manages to block it and push Kanyon down to the mat, as Kanyon gets up Badd comes off of the top rope with a Flying Crossbody Block, cover, 1… 2… 3!

Winner [And still Television Champion]: Johnny B Badd (66%/52%/80%)

Diamond Dallas Page and Kimberly climb into the ring and clap mockingly towards Johnny B Badd, Page grabs a microphone and points towards Badd

Diamond Dallas Page: Wow, I mean wow champ, that was great… Begins to laugh No, no really that was really great. Hey Kim, what did you think?

Kimberly holds up the sign with the number zero on it and DDP once again begins to laugh

Diamond Dallas Page: Okay, so maybe Kim isn’t a big fan of yours, but you know what Johnny I like you, so I’ll tell you what I’ll do, I’ll get some guy to come out here and face me and then I’ll show you how a real champion fights and hey who knows one day, if you try hard enough, you’ll be less like a zero and more like DDP

Diamond Dallas Page drops the microphone and Badd gets out of the ring shaking his head

Tony Schiavone: That Diamond Dallas Page is a piece of work, fans I’m being informed that we need to take a break, but don’t go away we’ll be right back

**COMMERCIAL**

Diamond Dallas Page Vs. Mr. JL

Tony Schiavone: Welcome back fans, on a night where Brian Pillman of the Horsemen will take on ‘The Natural’ Dustin Rhodes right in the home of World Championship Wrestling here in Atlanta we are getting ready to see Diamond Dallas Page in action

We head back to the ring to find Diamond Dallas Page ready for action against Mr. JL who has made his way down to the ring during the commercial break, Johnny B Badd is still at ringside as every time he has tried to leave either Page or Kimberly has begun to shout at him to stay. The referee checks over both competitors before calling for the opening bell, DDP shouts out once again to Badd telling him to ‘make sure he watches this’, Kimberly claps at ringside as the two circle each other before locking up. DDP grabs a Side Headlock and then flips JL over to the mat, he drops a quick Legdrop and then pulls JL back up, DDP lifts Mr. JL high into the air, holding him up for a good ten seconds before dropping him down with a Corkscrew Suplex. DDP gets to his feet and bows towards Badd, Kimberly blows Page a kiss as he walks around the ring waiting for JL to get to his feet.

Tony Schiavone: Cocky man this Diamond Dallas Page

Bobby Heenan: He has every right to be cocky look at him

Page takes down the rising JL with a Knee Lift and follows it up by dropping a knee to the head of his opponent, DDP points out to Badd and shouts ‘Watch this’, Page picks up JL and delivers a Snap Suplex, he holds on and pulls JL up again and delivers another Snap Suplex, Page keeps a hold of the grip and delivers a Front Suplex, driving JL head first into the mat. DDP throws his arms into the air and Kimberly claps and cheers wildly, Page picks up JL and whips him into the ropes, Page looks to kick JL in the stomach but JL catches the leg, JL spins Page around but Page comes out of the spin with a Clothesline knocking JL down once again. Page picks up JL and delivers a Tombstone, Page gets up and points towards Badd who shakes his head and begins to walk away from the ring, JL slowly gets to his feet and is met with a Diamond Cutter from DDP, DDP makes the cover, 1… 2… 3.

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page (49%/28%/70%)

Kimberly climbs into the ring and gives DDP a kiss on the cheek, she holds up a sign with a number 10 on it while pointing to DDP, Page walks over to one of the cameraman and takes the camera from his shoulder, Kimberly takes the camera from Page and does a close up on Page’s face

Diamond Dallas Page: I know you can hear me Johnny so listen up, I’m coming for that Television Title and I’m just waiting for you to prove to me that there is something that you can do to stop me! Get ready to feel the bang Johnny, get ready to feel THE BANG!

Tony Schiavone: Diamond Dallas Page making his feelings known towards Johnny B Badd there

Bobby Heenan: That’s not how I’d do things, personally I’d walk up to the guy, become his friend and then when he least expects it, BAM, I’d hit him with something that weighs about a hundred pounds right in the head

Tony Schiavone: You’re a class act Brain, still to come fans we have Lex Luger taking on Jim Duggan, Harlem Heat will defend the WCW World Tag Team Championships against The American Males, Marcus Bagwell and Scotty Riggs. Kensuke Sasaki will team with Paul Orndorff to take on Chris Benoit and Too Cold Scorpio in a match between the top three contenders for the United States Championship and the United States Champion and in the main event of the evening Brian Pillman of the Horsemen will take on ‘The Natural’ Dustin Rhodes, all this and more still to come here on Monday Nitro fans do not go away

**COMMERCIAL**

Tony Schiavone: Welcome back fans…

Bobby Heenan: … Why’d you always do that?

Tony Schiavone: Do what?

Bobby Heenan: Be nice to the humanoids like that, you sound like such a suck up

Tony Schiavone: One of us has to try and be civil Brain. Up next fans the Tag Team Titles are on the line as the self-proclaimed ‘unbeatable’ Harlem Heat are in action

Bobby Heenan: Self-proclaimed? Have you seen anyone beat these guys?

Tony Schiavone: I can’t say I have

Bobby Heenan: Well that makes them unbeatable

Tony Schiavone: That makes them unbeaten, for The Brain you’re not exactly a Rhodes scholar

Bobby Heenan: Well, I’m not from New York

The American Males Vs. Harlem Heat © - WCW Tag Team Titles

The American Males make their way to the ring to a small reaction from the Atlanta crowd, Bagwell and Riggs climb into the ring, Bagwell runs the ropes as Riggs flexes his muscles. The lights in the arena turn red and Harlem Heat’s music kicks in, Booker T and Stevie Ray make their way out into the arena to quite a large response from the crowd, they walk to the ring with the Tag Team Titles wrapped around their waists, Booker T climbs up the turnbuckle on the outside of the ring and throws his hands into the air, Stevie Ray climbs into the ring and holds his belt afloat, the referee comes over and takes the titles from the champions and calls for the opening bell.

Tony Schiavone: A great experience for fans around the world tonight, two great title matches live right here on Monday Nitro. World Championship Wrestling once again proving why they are the number one company in the wrestling world

Bobby Heenan: And there was me thinking Bischoff wasn’t here tonight

Stevie Ray and Scotty Riggs start things off for their respective teams, they quickly lock up, Riggs grabs a Side Headlock, Stevie Ray pushes him off into the ropes and knocks him down with a Shoulderblock, Stevie Ray drops an elbow and then pulls Riggs up, Suplex in the middle of the ring, Stevie floats over, cover, 1… 2… Kickout from Riggs. Stevie Ray with the pick up, he whips Riggs into one of the neutral corners and follows in with a Clothesline, Riggs is Irish Whipped into the ropes and Stevie Ray scores with a big Back Bodydrop. Stevie Ray tags out and brings in Booker T. Booker catches Riggs with a high Calf Kick to the face as he gets up, cover, 1… 2… Kickout.

Tony Schiavone: The Heat starting off well in the defence of their titles here tonight

Booker T picks up Riggs and whips him to the ropes, Booker hits a big time Flapjack on Riggs driving him down to the mat, Booker hits a Somersault Legdrop to a big reaction from the fans, he makes the cover, 1… 2… Kickout from Riggs. Booker picks up Riggs and looks for the Irish Whip, reversal, Riggs scores with a Clothesline. Riggs picks up Booker T and Powerslams him down to the mat, Riggs tags in Bagwell who comes in and picks up Booker T, Bagwell whips him into the corner and follows in with a high knee, Booker T stumbles out and is planted with a T-Bone Suplex, Bagwell applies a Rear Chinlock on one half of the Tag Team Champions.

Tony Schiavone: The reformed American Males looking to make an impact in their first match since joining together again

Bobby Heenan: How come they have reformed again?

Tony Schiavone: Well Harlem Heat have been challenging anyone and everyone in World Championship Wrestling, so I would assume that Bagwell and Riggs decided to reform and try to win the Tag Team Titles

Booker T manages to fight out of the Rear Chinlock and get to his knees, Bagwell clamps on a Side Headlock but Booker T elbows Bagwell in the ribs to break it, Booker T comes off of the ropes, he ducks the attempted Clothesline by Bagwell and comes off of the ropes with a Flying Shoulderblock. Bagwell gets back up and is caught with a Superkick from Booker T, Booker T tags in Stevie Ray who comes in and slugs away on Bagwell, Irish Whip into the corner, Stevie follows in and slugs away with some more big lefts and rights, Stevie Ray Hiptosses Bagwell out of the corner and then follows it up with a Kneedrop, Stevie Ray makes a cover, 1… 2… Kickout from Bagwell.

Bobby Heenan: Looks like they needed of bothered joining back together, Harlem Heat are in control tonight

Stevie Ray tags out and brings in Booker T, Booker T whips Bagwell to the ropes, Bagwell reverses it and manages to take Booker down with a Shoulderblock, Bagwell tags in Riggs, Bagwell picks up Booker T and delivers a Backbreaker to him, holding him in position as Riggs climbs to the second turnbuckle and comes off with a Kneedrop straight to the head of the prone Booker T. Bagwell gets out of the ring as Riggs picks up Booker T, Riggs looks for a Powerslam but Booker T manages to float over the back, he pushes Riggs into the turnbuckle, Riggs stumbles out and is caught with a High Side Kick from Booker T that knocks Riggs down, Riggs slowly pulls himself up but is caught by an Axe Kick from Booker T before he can fully stand up, Booker T makes the cover, 1… 2… 3

Winners [And still Tag Team Champions]: Harlem Heat (60%/48%/72%)

Bobby Heenan: Still undefeated and still proving their claim to be unbeatable Schiavone

Tony Schiavone: Out of all the great teams that WCW has seen over the years, it could easily be argued that Harlem Heat are one of the greatest

Bobby Heenan: Glad to see you’re finally coming around to a correct way of thinking

Tony Schiavone: Just because I recognise that they are a good team, doesn’t mean that I like them Brain

Bobby Heenan: That’s the problem with you Schiavone you expect everyone to play by the rules, Harlem Heat get the job done however they like, just like Lex Luger who we’re about to see in action, if you get the win that’s all that matters

Tony Schiavone: Some people like to have pride and respect in themselves Brain

Bobby Heenan: If you’re not in this business to win by any means necessary, you’re in the wrong business, I’ve been saying that for years and now that Lex Luger seems to have that idea on board he is heading straight for World War Three with a great chance of becoming the new WCW Heavyweight Champion

Tony Schiavone: Perhaps Brain but I’ve heard a lot of rumblings in the back and a lot of wrestlers are not happy with Luger’s actions as of late, attack at random, taking people out of their livelihoods, Luger could be a marked man at World War Three, particularly by the Macho Man Randy Savage

Bobby Heenan: Savage Smavige, you did see what happened last time Savage and Luger fought, Savage was left a battered mess at the hands of Luger and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen again

Tony Schiavone: Well fans after the commercials Lex Luger will be in action against Jim Duggan and don’t forget Brian Pillman of the Horsemen taking on Dustin Rhodes in the main event, we’ll be right back

**COMMERCIALS**

Tony Schiavone: And we’re back, Monday Nitro is coming to you live tonight fans from Atlanta, Georgia the home of World Championship Wrestling and Brain we still have three big match-ups still to come tonight. The main event will see Brian Pillman take on Dustin Rhodes, we also have the big United States Championship situation as the US Champ, Kensuke Sasaki teams with one of the number one contenders Paul Orndorff, to take on the other two number one contenders, Too Cold Scorpio and ‘Canadian Crippler’ Chris Benoit

Bobby Heenan: It’s a crazy situation but tonight something will hopefully be solved in the ring

Tony Schiavone: I gotta agree with you there Brain and up next we have Jim Duggan taking on, a favourite of yours Brain, Lex Luger

Bobby Heenan: You gotta like Luger’s attitude in my book, in just a few weeks sixty men will be entering three rings to try and become the new WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Sixty men, Schiavone, and Luger knows that if he can weaken even just a few of the competitors in that match before it happens his chances of winning the title increase, so whether it’s a ballbat to the throat or an attack backstage, whatever Luger does to take one person out of the game is to his benefit

Jim Duggan Vs. Lex Luger

A large cheer goes up as Jim Duggan makes his entrance into the arena, Duggan holds a two by four high above his head as he marches down the aisle towards the ring, Duggan rolls into the ring and marches around the ring to even more cheers from the crowd, Duggan drops the two by four and starts a quick ‘U-S-A’ chant before Lex Luger’s music kicks in. Luger comes to the ring wearing black wrestling trunks and black boots, holding a black ballbat in hi right hand, the crowd boo and jeer as Luger makes his way to the ring, he climbs into the ring and walks straight over to Duggan getting all up in his face, the referee grabs the ballbat from Luger’s hand and puts in one of the corners, Luger pushes Duggan down to the mat and the opening bell rings.

Tony Schiavone: Luger taking the low road once again

Luger picks up Duggan and whips him into the ropes, Luger scores with a Clothesline that knocks Duggan down to the mat, Luger walks around the ring mouthing off to some of the fans at ringside, he picks up Duggan and hits him with some Forearms to the chest before forcing him back into the corner, Luger chokes Duggan with his hands, the referee is forced to break the hold after a five count, Luger stalks the referee momentarily before going back to Luger and kicks him hard in the stomach forcing Duggan down to the mat, Luger stomps away on the prone Duggan before choking him once again, this time with the sole of his boot.

Tony Schiavone: I suppose you’re enjoying this blatant cheating Brain

Bobby Heenan: I’m enjoying it more than Duggan

Luger releases the choke and pulls Duggan up to his feet, he whips Duggan across the ring into the opposite corner and Duggan hits hard causing him to stumble out of the corner, Luger takes him down with a Shoulderblock and then flexes to the crowd, Luger walks back and then drops an elbow to the sternum of Duggan, cover, 1… 2.. Kickout from Duggan. Luger picks up Duggan and whips him to the ropes, Luger catches Duggan in an Abdominal Stretch.

Tony Schiavone: Duggan is in trouble now

Bobby Heenan: Come on Lex, pull him apart

Duggan struggles in the hold for a good minute or so with Lex occasionally grabbing the rope behind to add more strain to the hold when the referee was out of position, the referee however finally catches Luger holding the rope and kicks his arm away, which allows Duggan to Hiptoss Luger down to the mat. Luger gets up and is knocked down by a charging Duggan, Luger gets to his feet once again but is met with a boot to the stomach from his opponent who then follows up by hitting a Swinging Neckbreaker on the doubled over Luger, Duggan backs into the corner and then walks out and delivers the Old Glory Kneedrop, Duggan makes a cover, 1… Kickout with ease from Luger.

Tony Schiavone:

Both men get up at the same time but its Duggan that strikes first with some big open right handed chops, Duggan picks up Luger and scores with an Inverted Atomic Drop, Luger stumbles around the ring and Duggan follows up with an Atomic Drop, Duggan follows up that with a Clothesline that takes Luger down to the mat, Duggan stands in the corner in the three-point stance, Luger gets up to his feet Duggan charges but Luger sidesteps, Duggan crashes into the turnbuckle and stumbles out backwards, Luger picks up Duggan into the Torture Rack, Duggan quickly submits

Winner: Lex Luger (75%/82%/61%)

Luger keeps the hold on for a good twenty seconds more after the bell has ran before dropping Duggan down to the mat, Luger walks over to his corner where his ballbat was put by the referee and picks up, the referee runs over to Luger to stop him from using the bat but Luger nails the referee in the shoulder with the end of the bat and then throws him over the top rope to the floor. Duggan just gets to his feet, Luger runs over and drives the bat straight into Duggan’s head knocking him down to the mat, Luger raises the bat high above his head BALLBAT TO THE TRACHEA~! Duggan begins to cough up blood on the mat as Luger raises the bat once again

Bobby Heenan: Look out Lex!

Tony Schiavone: It’s Randy Savage!

Savage slides into the ring and blocks Lex’s attempt to hit him with the ballbat, Savage hits a few big right hands on Luger and whips him to the ropes, Luger holds onto the ropes and slides out of the ring and begins to walk up the aisle taunting Savage as he goes. Luger holds the ballbat above his head as he walks out of the arena to huge boos and jeers from the fans as Savage stays with Jim Duggan who continues to cough up blood as the paramedics make their way to the ring.

Tony Schiavone: Oh my God fans, Brain can you believe what Lex Luger has just done? His actions here tonight have been heinous

Bobby Heenan: This is a tough business Schiavone, sometimes you've got to go above and beyond

Tony Schiavone: But that was just sick, fans we're going to have to take a commercial break while the paramedics sort this out, we'll be right back

**COMMERCIAL**

Edited by Natural Born Thrilla

We come back from the commercial break to find Dustin Rhodes in a locker room, Dustin is taping up his wrists when suddenly the door behind him opens, Dustin spins around to see Sting standing in the doorway, Sting walks over to Dustin with a smile on his face and pats Dustin on the back, the two men shake hands and nod to each other. Sting sits down on a bench in the locker room as Dustin continues to tape up his wrists.

[83%]

Tony Schiavone: Welcome back fans, during the break Jim Duggan was helped to the back by paramedics and the 'Macho Man' Randy Savage, we'll try and get word out to you all about his condition as soon as possible but if we don't get anything before the end of the show the information will be up on the WCW Hotline as soon as we have it. And Brain did you see that, it would appear as if Dustin Rhodes has some back up tonight in the form of THE STINGER

Bobby Heenan: I can't believe it Schiavone, what a sore loser that Sting is, just because he lost last week to a Horsemen he's joining up with Dustin Rhodes to ensure that Dustin gets one back for him

Tony Schiavone: Oh come off it Brain, we both know that Sting is there to even up the odds against the Horsemen, we all saw what the Horsemen did to Sting last week and he's here to ensure that they don't do it again tonight

Bobby Heenan: I can't believe you keep on falling for Sting's goody-goody act Schiavone, Sting's just jealous that he isn't good enough to be one of the Horsemen. You should of seen him before Curt Hennig was revealed as the fourth member, he was literally begging to be in the group

Tony Schiavone: That's a flat out lie and you know it Brain! So Sting will be looking out for Dustin Rhodes here tonight in our main event, as Dustin goes up against Brian Pillman of the Horsemen, but before that Brain we have a tag team match up between four men who are all interested in the United States Championship, the champion Kensuke Sasaki, Paul Orndorff, Too Cold Scorpio and Chris Benoit

Bobby Heenan: This should be a great match Schiavone, Benoit is mean piece of work and can get the job done, Scorpio is one of the best highflyers I've ever seen, Orndorff is the crafty and talented veteran and Sasaki is the talented champ

Tony Schiavone: The three contenders for the title will all be looking for a strong showing here tonight as it will push up their chances of getting a shot at Sasaki's title, lets take it to the ring for the introductions

Kensuke Sasaki and Paul Orndorff Vs. Chris Benoit and Too Cold Scorpio

Too Cold Scorpio is the first man to make his way to the ring, the crowd give Too Cold quite a favourable reaction as he makes his way down the aisle, Scorpio slaps the hands of some of the fans that line the aisle and that have ringside seats, he slides into the ring and throws his arms up into the air to the cheers of some of the fans. Chris Benoit's music hits to a surprisingly positive reaction from the crowd, a sign in the crowd is shown on camera that proclaims Benoit to be the 'Canadian Bad Ass', Benoit stoically walks to the ring, with what Schiavone and Heenan call his 'game face on', Benoit climbs into the ring and walks over to Scorpio, they stare at each other momentarily but nothing comes of it.

Tony Schiavone: Tensions will be running high in this match, none of the men wanting to show any weakness, none of the men here in the ring for anyone but themselves

Bobby Heenan: Backstabbing, hatred, jealousy... I love it, this is what pro wrestling is all about Schiavone

Paul Orndorff makes his way to the ring to little reaction from the Atlanta crowd, he slides into the ring with little hoopla. Kensuke Sasaki's music hits and he makes his way to the ring with Bull Nakano at his side, Nakano holds the belt as Sasaki marches to the ring, he climbs into the ring and is handed the belt by Nakano he holds it in the air to some moderate boos and jeers from the crowd, Sasaki hands the belt back to Nakano, all three of the contenders stare at Sasaki for a few moments before the referee calls for the opening bell.

Sasaki climbs out of the ring, leaving Orndorff to start things off for his side, on the other side Chris Benoit motions to Too Cold Scorpio to lock up with Orndorff as the 'Crippler' climbs out of the ring. Orndorff and Scorpio circle each other and then lock up, Orndorff takes over with Side Headlock and then works round in to a Hammerlock, Scorpio reverses the Hammerlock into one of his own, Orndorff fights out and round into an Overhand Wristlock, Scorpio jumps up and delivers a Monkey Flip to Orndorff sending him across the ring and breaking the hold, both men get back to their feet, Orndorff charges and gets taken down with an Armdrag, Mr. Wonderful is quickly back to his feet but is once again taken down with an Armdrag by Scorpio

Tony Schiavone: Too Cold Scorpio with a definite speed advantage against Paul Orndorff here in the early going

Scorpio grabs Orndorff and sends him for the ride, knocking him down with a high Leaping Side Kick, Scorpio quickly picks up Orndorff and whips him to the corner, Scorpio follows in with the 360 Corner Splash, Orndorff falls to the mat as Scorpio tags in Benoit. Benoit picks up Orndorff and delivers some Forearms to the back, Benoit Snap Suplexes Orndorff and goes for the cover, 1... 2... Kickout from Orndorff. Benoit with the Irish Whip, he scores with a big time Clothesline that takes Orndorff down once again, Benoit leans down to pick up Orndorff but gets Inside Cradled, 1... 2... Kickout from Benoit, both men get back to a vertical base, Benoit charges but Orndorff takes him down with a Drop Toe Hold, Orndorff spins over and applies a Front Facelock to Benoit who begins to struggle up to his knees, Orndorff cuts him off with a few quick shots to the ribs and then follows up by delivering a Backbreaker, Orndorff tags in Sasaki who immediately comes in and stomps on the fallen Benoit.

Tony Schiavone: Neither team has really established an advantage so far here tonight

Bobby Heenan: Four evenly matched guys in the ring Schiavone, it'll take a mistake on someone's part or a big move to again an advantage here

Sasaki picks up Benoit and delivers a standard Suplex, Sasaki drops a knee to the face and then makes a cover, 1... 2... Kickout from Benoit, Sasaki waits for Benoit to get up before delivering a Running High Knee to the face to take Benoit down once again, Sasaki stomps away on the fallen challenger once again before picking him up and whipping him into the corner, Sasaki catches Benoit as he stumbles out of the corner with a Northern Lights Suplex, Sasaki bridges for the pin, 1... 2... Kickout from Benoit. Sasaki picks up Benoit and whips him to the ropes, Benoit ducks a Clothesline attempt and Sasaki turns around right into a huge chop from Benoit, it staggers Sasaki backwards, Benoit delivers five more big chops to the chest that end up forcing Sasaki back into one of the neutral corners, Benoit picks up Sasaki and places him on the top rope, Benoit Superplexes Sasaki down, cover, 1... 2... Kickout from Sasaki. Benoit picks up Sasaki and whips him into the ropes, Orndorff makes a blind tag, Benoit takes Sasaki down with a Hiptoss but gets Clotheslined down himself by Orndorff.

Tony Schiavone: Orndorff showing off his veteran knowledge of the sport there, making a great blind tag and using it to his advantage there

Bobby Heenan: That's what makes this match great Schiavone, each man is out to prove himself and each man brings something different to the table

Orndorff picks up Benoit and Powerslams him down, Orndorff drops the wiggle Elbow to a small reaction from the crowd, Orndorff makes the cover, 1... 2... Kickout from Benoit. Benoit is sent for the ride by Orndorff who delivers a big time Backbody Drop to the 'Canadian Crippler', Orndorff picks up Benoit and looks for another Powerslam, but Benoit slides off over the back and delivers a release German Suplex to Mr. Wonderful, Benoit manages to make it over and tag in Too Cold Scorpio just as Orndorff gets to his feet. Scorpio ducks an attempted Clothesline from Orndorff and comes off of the ropes with a Flying Crossbody, Orndorff manages to roll through, 1... 2.. Kickout from Scorpio. Both men get back to their feet, they lock up and Scorpio takes over with a Snapmere, Scorpio kicks Orndorff hard in the back and then runs off of the ropes and delivers a Dropkick to the face of the sitting down Orndorff, Scorpio makes a cover, 1.. 2.. Kickout from Orndorff.

Tony Schiavone: The action in this one is constantly back and forth, fans I'm told we need to take our penultimate commercial break of the evening, the tape machines are rolling, we'll be right back

**COMMERCIAL**

Tony Schiavone: Welcome back fans, during the break Paul Orndorff managed to bring in his tag team partner Kensuke Sasaki who has taken control of this match, locking Too Cold Scorpio in a Spinning Toe Hold in the middle of the ring, lets get back to the action

We rejoin the action with Sasaki tightening the Spinning Toe Hold that he has on Too Cold Scorpio, Scorpio begins to bang his hands against the mat to get the crowd behind him, the Atlanta crowd quickly pick up on it and begin to clap and stomp along. Rejuvinated by the fans Scorpio manages to kick Sasaki out of the hold with his free leg to the cheers of the fans, Sasaki turns back and charges at Scorpio but Too Cold manages to score with a Dropkick that knocks Sasaki down, Scorpio clutches his leg but then begins to pull himself across the mat towards Benoit, who has his hand outstretched... He makes the tag! The crowd actually cheer as Benoit gets into the ring, he plants the reigning United States Champion with a German Suplex, Benoit bridges, 1... 2... Kickout from Sasaki. Benoit picks up Sasaki and whips him into the corner, Benoit follows in and unloads with some big chops to the chest, he grabs Sasaki, kicks him in the stomach and Powerbombs him into the turnbuckle

Bobby Heenan: Whoa! I'm mean whoa, that was unbelievable

Tony Schiavone: Chris Benoit just devastated the US Champion with that move

Sasaki is dragged away from the ropes by Benoit who then makes the cover, 1.... 2... ORNDORFF BREAKS UP THE COUNT, Too Cold Scorpio runs in and knocks Orndorff down with a Flying Forearm, Scorpio picks up Orndorff and whips him into the corner, Scorpio charges in and looks to Monkey Flip Orndorff out of the corner, Orndorff counters with a Spinebuster-esque style move that slams Scorpio down hard to the mat. Benoit picks up Sasaki and looks for another German Suplex, Sasaki blocks it and looks to throw Benoit over the top rope, Benoit manages to block that and tries to throw Sasaki over the top rope instead, they fight for position until Paul Orndorff dumps them both over the top rope, Benoit lands on the apron as Sasaki crashes to the floor. Paul Orndorff picks up Scorpio and plants him with the Piledriver in the middle of the ring, Orndorff makes a cover, 1.... 2... Benoit comes off of the top rope with the DIVING HEADBUTT, Benoit smashes into Orndorff and Scorpio as Bull Nakano helps Kensuke Sasaki back into the ring, Sasaki picks up the groggy Benoit and plants him with the Northern Lights Bomb, Sasaki covers, 1... 2... 3!

Winners: Kensuke Sasaki and Paul Orndorff (69%/55%/84%)

Tony Schiavone: What a match Brain, four men with a lot to prove put it all on the line tonight

Bobby Heenan: But its Kensuke Sasaki, the reigning champion that has come out with the win

We see Sasaki walking away up the aisle with Bull Nakano in tow, Sasaki holds the United States Championship above his head as all three men in the ring look towards him

Tony Schiavone: Fans, I'm being told that we have to take our final commercial break of the evening, don't go away, up next we have the main event, Brian Pillman of the Horsemen against 'The Natural' Dustin Rhodes

**COMMERCIAL**

Tony Schiavone: Welcome back fans to Monday Nitro live in Atlanta and Brain what a night it has been, we have seen some amazing action take place tonight, two Championship matches with both Champions retaining their titles, moments ago we just saw a thrilling tag team bout between Kensuke Sasaki, Chris Benoit, Paul Orndorff and Too Cold Scorpio...

Bobby Heenan: And we saw Lex Luger make another victim out of Jim Duggan

Tony Schiavone: Indeed we did, fans we still don't have an update on the condition of Jim Duggan, but as I said the WCW Hotline will have the news up as soon as it is available, the number for the hotline 1-909-00-99-00, remember to ask for the bill payers permission

Bobby Heenan: Its Horsemen time Schiavone!

Tony Schiavone: Indeed it is Brain, Brian Pillman against Dustin Rhodes, this is going to be a great contest

Brian Pillman Vs. 'The Natural' Dustin Rhodes

Brian Pillman makes his way out to the ring alone to huge boos and jeers from the audience, Pillman has on a Horsemen t-shirt and holds up the four fingers to the camera as he makes his way down the aisle, he rolls into the ring underneath the bottom rope and walks around the ring holding up the Horsemen hand sign, he pulls off his t-shirt and motions to the back, calling out Rhodes' name, he throws the t-shirt to the mat as Dustin Rhodes music begins to play. The crowd rise to their feet and cheer as Rhodes makes his way out into the arena, Pillman jumps out of the ring and charges up the aisle towards Rhodes who sees Pillman coming and charges at him as well, the two men collide in the aisle and they quickly begin to throw big lefts and rights at each other.

Tony Schiavone: The main event has started off with a bang here, Pillman looking to cut Dustin Rhodes off before he can do any damage to the Horsemen, Dustin looking to take the Horsemen down a few pegs after they ran roughshot over Sting last week

Pillman gets the advantage in the slugfest by going low on Rhodes with his foot and then pushing him against the crowd barrier, Pillman unloads with some more rights, he rears back for a big punch but Rhodes manages to block it to the cheers of the fans, Rhodes punches Pillman causing him to stumble backwards, Rhodes continues the onslaught forcing Pillman across the aisle and up against the safety barrier on the other side of the aisle, Rhodes grabs Pillman by the hair and pulls him towards the ring, Rhodes slams Pillman's head into the apron three times before rolling him into the ring, Rhodes climbs up onto the apron and raises his arm in the air to the cheer of the fans before climbing into the ring, as Rhodes climbs into the ring the referee calls for the opening bell.

Tony Schiavone: And this one is officially underway

Rhodes picks up Pillman and sends him for the ride, big Backbody Drop to Pillman who crashes into the mat, Pillman begs off and slides out of the ring underneath the bottom rope, Rhodes follows and the two men once again brawl on the outside of the ring, Pillman pokes Rhodes in the eye and slides into the ring, Pillman catches Rhodes coming into the ring with a boot to the back of the head, Pillman picks up Rhodes and whips him across the ring, knocking him down with a Shoulderblock, Pillman drops an elbow, 1... 2... Kickout from Rhodes. Pillman picks up Rhodes and whips him into the corner, Pillman follows in with a charging Back Elbow, Rhodes stumbles out and Pillman Snapmeres him over to the mat, Pillman sinches in a Rear Chinlock and forces Rhodes down to the mat.

Bobby Heenan: That's it Brian, keep it under control

Tony Schiavone: Brian Pillman keeping something under control? That'll be the day Brain

Bobby Heenan: What? Sure he may be a little tempremental at times, but he can get the job done

Tony Schiavone: I don't doubt his in ring abilites Brain, its just Pillman is a ticking timebomb

Rhodes begins to fight up to his feet as the crowd cheer him on, Rhodes gets to his knees and manages to elbow out of the Chinlock, Rhodes runs off of the ropes with a full head of steam but is caught by a Superkick from Pillman that knocks him straight back down, Pillman turns around with a big smile on his face, he flashes the four fingers to the crowd before walking over to the turnbuckle, he climbs to the second rope and jumps off, delivering a Senton to Rhodes, driving his backside and lower back into the ribcage of Dustin Rhodes, Pillman makes a cover, 1... 2... Kickout from Rhodes. Pillman slams his fist against the mat and then pulls Rhodes up by his hair, Pillman punches Rhodes in the face a few times before whipping him into the corner, Pillman chares in afterwards but Rhodes moves out of the way!

Tony Schiavone: The hot-headed Pillman found nobody home that time

Rhodes comes off of the ropes and knocks Pillman down with a Clothesline, Pillman gets up and is once again knocked down by a Clothesline, Pillman gets up a third time and this time is met by a Bionic Elbow that sends Pillman down to the mat

Bobby Heenan: I hate that move

Rhodes makes the cover on Pillman, 1... 2... Kickout from Pillman, Rhodes picks up Pillman and whips him into the ropes, Pillman goes all the way over the top rope to the outside! Rhodes follows out, he blocks an attempted right hand from Pillman and returns with one of his own, Rhodes tries to roll Pillman into the ring but Pillman blocks with an elbow to the ribs, Pillman grabs Rhodes and whips him into the crowd barrier, reversal but Rhodes and Pillman crashes into the crowd barrier to huge cheers from the crowd. Rhodes slides into the ring to break the count as Pillman pulls himself up from the barrier and screams out loud, Pillman throws the timekeeper out of his chair and then steals the chair, Pillman folds the chair up and then smashes it into the steel post of the ring.

Bobby Heenan: Pillman is going psycho, I told you he couldn't keep anything under control Schiavone

Tony Schiavone: ... You sure did Brain

Pillman slides into the ring with the chair in hand, the referee stands in Pillman's way and grabs the chair from Pillman's hands Pillman turns around to complain to the referee but gets Schoolboy'd by Rhodes, the referee makes the count, 1... 2.. Kickout. Both men get back to their feet at the same time, Pillman charges at Rhodes who sidesteps, Pillman crashes into the turnbuckle, Rhodes hits the BULLDOG, cover, 1.... 2.... Pillman gets his foot on the ropes. Rhodes picks up Pillman and Powerslams him down to the mat, Rhodes makes a cover, 1... 2... Kickout from Pillma, Rhodes drags Pillman up to his feet but Pillman kicks Rhodes in the stomach, Pillman hits the SLINGSHOT SUPLEX on Rhodes, he floats over and makes the cover, 1.... 2.... Kickout from Rhodes, Pillman can audibly be heard saying 'That's it' as he gets up and begins to walk towards where the referee threw the chair out of the ring, the referee stands in his way, Pillman barges his way past the referee and climbs outside the ring, Rhodes follows him out, Pillman swings the chair and hits the apron as Rhodes manages to get out of the way in time, Rhodes connects with a kick to the stomach causing Pillman to drop the chair, Rhodes DDTs Pillman straight onto the chair to a huge ovation, Rhodes picks up Pillman and rolls him into the ring, Rhodes makes the cover, 1.... 2.... 3

NO!

Pillman managed to get his shoulder up, Rhodes is shocked as he pulls Pillman up, Pillman is rubberlegged and stumbles around the ring, Rhodes connects with the Bionic Elbow to send Pillman down to the mat again but Pillman rolls out of the ring to the floor. As Rhodes goes out of the ring, Curt Hennig makes his way down the aisle, Rhodes and the referee both see him coming, the referee gets out of the ring and yells at Hennig to go back. Behind the referee's back Arn Anderson jumps over the crowd barrier, he turns Dustin Rhodes around and delivers a SPINEBUSTER on the padding outside the ring, Arn rolls both Pillman and Rhodes back inside the ring and then climbs back over the barrier, Curt Hennig begins to walk to the back and the referee slides back into the ring, Pillman picks up Rhodes just as the referee gets into the ring, Pillman hits the SLINGSHOT SUPLEX to Rhodes, cover, 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Brian Pillman (74%/66%/82%)

Tony Schiavone: I don't believe it, the Horsemen have stolen another one

Bobby Heenan: What a great plan, the Horsemen have outdone everyone once again

Tony Schiavone: Oh now come on, this isn't right

Arn Anderson jumps over the barrier and slides into the ring, Arn and Brian begin to stomp away on the fallen Dustin Rhodes, Curt Hennig and Ric Flair soon make their presence felt as well as all four men begin to stomp away on Rhodes. A huge cheer rings out from the Atlanta fans as Sting runs down the aisle, he slides into the ring and knocks Arn down with a big Clothesline, Pillman is next to be knocked down with some big rights, Hennig gets Clotheslined over the top rope and the rest of the Horsemen take that as their cue to retreat. The Horsemen walk up the aisle as a unite group staring at the ring, Sting helps Dustin Rhodes up to his feet to a huge cheer, Rhodes and Sting motion for the Horsemen to come back to the ring

Tony Schiavone: Sting and Dustin Rhodes stand tall against The Four Horsemen

Bobby Heenan: Just remember who won the match Schiavone, look at Sting coming out getting involved in things that aren't his business

Tony Schiavone: Would Pillman have won the match if it wasn't for the rest of the Horsemen? Sting is here to even up the playing field Brain, fans we're out of time, join us next week for more WCW action right here on Monday Nitro!

This, along with LK's and ADGray's diaries, is one of my favourite diaries on this board. I love the match detail, yet you manage to keep it to a readable length - you even managed to make Luger/Duggan sound interesting. Heenan is a real highpoint, the stuff about Mexican border control is classic Brain. Great character development with guys like Hennig, DDP and Luger so a big thumbs up. The midcard is also looking extremely strong, as is the tag division.

All in all, this rocks - keep it up.

:thumbsup:

Thanks a lot FI, being ranked up there with LK's diary is an honour as I dig that diary as well, haven't had a chance to sit down and really read ADGray's though

I'm glad some people don't find the length of the shows too long, I try to keep the tempo of the match up when I write, so even if I'm writing a dull match you can read it all without getting bored or whatever. Also I try and change the action up as much as possible and stick little things into matches, like the DDP/Kimberly stuff in the Badd match to keep the reader interested in what is going on. Hopefully it works.

A lot of people seem to be digging Heenan, I personally find him quite easy and enjoyable to write. I grew up on listening to the Brain so I'm guessing I've just retained a lot of useless knowledge about his style and mannerisms

I do have some interesting (In my mind at least) characters in store for a lot of guys, particularly the ones you mentioned, hopefully I'll be able to build them up. Pillman is another one who I will hopefully be able to mould a good character out of, although it will more than likely borrow liberally from his post-WCW career

I'd have to disagree with you on the tag team division, its pretty weak in my opinion at this stage, it'll grow further down the line hopefully when I add a few more teams in. At the moment their seems to be too big of a gap between The Heat and everyone else.

The midcard is good though, I love midcarders, easier to work with in my opinion a lot of the time.

-----

I'll probably have the weekend shows and some news up during the week, don't expect Nitro for a while though, I have a few essays due in that I need to concentrate on first.

NBT

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrestling Observer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hogan still nowhere to be seen... And not likely to return

user posted image

Despite some sources within WCW reporting the contary, it would appear that Hulk Hogan will not be returning the WCW screens any time in the near future.  As those of you who tuned into Monday Nitro last night will have seen neither WCW President Eric Bischoff nor Hulk Hogan were at the show.  It would appear that Bischoff flew out to Florida, where Hogan is currently residing, to try and smooth things out between the company and Hogan.  Talks apparently have faltered with Hogan particularly displeased about how much television time the Four Horsemen have received in his absence.  Hogan has recently been reported as saying to some close friends that he has been offered a role in an upcoming film and will more than likely accept the role and stay out of WCW.

As a side note, WCW played up Bischoff's absence by saying that he was attending to business for World War III.  It is no secret that Bischoff has recently been trying to line up as many shocks and debuts for the show as possible, with some older WCW stars expected to make an appearance on the show.  There is also news of a WWF wrestler debuting on the show, however at this time nobody seems to know who exactly it is.

WCW drawing up a short list?

Talent scouts working for WCW have recently been seen at various independent wrestling shows, in particular shows being put on Smoky Mountain Wrestling.  Many believe that with Bischoff's last decree of needed to shake up the talent on the roster and that everyone needs to earn their spot and that WCW will be looking in to replacing those they cut with fresh new talent or at least talent that has not been seen in the company for some time.  Various names have been linked with the company, including Terry Taylor, Tony Anthony and D'Lo Brown.  It should also be remembered that with Bischoff's idea of expanding the tag team division and developing a junior heavyweight division, we could see a large influx of talent to WCW over the next few months.

Surprise opponent for World Champion at January's Clash?

An idea is currently being floated around by the writing team that could see a relative unknown or midcarder from WCW take on the World Champion at the scheduled 'Clash of the Champions' in January.  At this stage this is to be treated as unlikely, especially seeing as a few sources claim that a winner for the Battle Royale at World War III has yet to be decided upon.

WCW Saturday Night

Scott Hudson and Larry Zybskyo

Atlanta

Avalanche Vs. Joey Maggs

Obviously the trend that has been set recently on Nitro is being copied here on Saturday Night as we start the evening off with some amazing highflying action… Maybe not.  Avalanche uses his, well, weight to his advantage by push Maggs down with ease, Maggs tries to make some sort of attempt at offence but Avalanche just shrugs it off and throws Maggs into the corner, he follows in with a big Avalanche that squashes Maggs down.  Avalanche hits a Powerslam and follows that up with the big sit down Splash for the three count and that literally is the match.

Winner: Avalanche (54%/50%/59%)

Nasty Boys Vs. Pittman Unit

Looks like Mike Pittman has followed in the other Pittman’s lead and joined the army, becoming Captain Mike Pittman.  The two guys come to the ring dressed in army gear and are introduced as the Pittman Unit, not exactly original but with the state that WCW’s current tag team division is in, its better than nothing… I guess.  The Nasties get quite a good reaction as they come out and a four-man brawl begins, Knobbs and Saggs get the best out of the starting brawl and we eventually begin a match with Knobbs and Sgt. Pittman, Knobbs scores a big Spinning Powerslam for a two count, the Sarge comes back into the match with some big punches and kicks and eventually hits an actual wrestling move, scoring with a Suplex, Captain Pittman comes in and scores with a Sidewalk Slam and an elbow for two.  Knobbs gets out of the onslaught by countering a Backdrop attempt with a modified Swinging Neckbreaker, Knobbs brings in Saggs, Irish Whip and big Squash in the corner for the Captain, Saggs scores with a follow-up Hiptoss, Saggs knocks the Sarge off of the apron and then Powerslams the Captain, Knobbs comes off of the top rope with a Flying Elbow, Saggs makes the cover, 1… 2… 3.

Winners: The Nasty Boys (46%/50%/39%)

Lex Luger Interview

We cut to a pre-taped interview with Lex Luger

Lex Luger: In a little over two weeks, two weeks, at World War Three, Lex Luger is going to become the new WCW World Heavyweight Champion.  You see it doesn’t matter who stands in my way, just like last week… Duggan stood in my way **He brings a ballbat into view and slams it into his free hand** I took care of it… It doesn’t matter who stands in my way, I will take care of it one way or another.  And Savage if you keep on sticking your head in my business, you’ll be the next person to end up just like Duggan.

[86%]

’Squire’ David Taylor Vs. Tim Horner

No entrances for Taylor or Horner here as we start off in the ring, they circle each other and tie up, Taylor grabs an Overhand Wristlock and scoots behind and applies a Hammerlock, Horner spins round and applies a Hammerlock of his own only to Snapmere’d over, Taylor with the pick up and the Suplex, he floats over for a two count.  Irish Whip by Taylor, Backbody Drop, Horner gets to his feet but is quickly Suplexed again, Taylor picks up Horner and scores with a Hangman’s Neckbreaker, cover but it only gets two.  Taylor goes for an Irish Whip but it gets reversed and Horner scores with a Clothesline, Horner with the pick up and a Bulldog on Taylor, a cover only gets a two count.  Horner whips Taylor into the corner and follows in with a Clothesline, Horner Powerslams Taylor out of the corner and goes for a cover, but it only gets two.  Horner looks for another Powerslam but Taylor blocks it with a knee with the stomach, Taylor hits the Butterfly Powerbomb and gets the three count.

Winner: ‘Squire’ David Taylor (66%/50%/82%)

Horsemen Interview

We cut to a pre-taped interview with two members of the Four Horsemen, ’The Nature Boy’ Ric Flair and Arn Anderson

Ric Flair: Wooooooo, The Nature Boy and The Enforcer are back in action, live and in living colour, double teaming here on Saturday Night.  The Horsemen are back and are riding strong ‘cause this, this has been a Horsemen week, first of all The Brian continued the Horsemen tradition of taking a Rhodes to the woodshed and tonight wooooo, the Horsemen are going to style and profile like only they can, we’re gonna get in that ring and perform like on Horsemen can and then tonight we’re going to go and get in a FIFTY foot limousine, go to the biggest club in town with the hottest women around and, wooooo, perform like only a Horsemen can

Arn Anderson: Haha, tonight like every night is a Horsemen night, it doesn’t matter who is opposing us because they are going to get a whoopin’ like only we can deliver.  The Horsemen are the elite and we’re about to prove it right now.

[100%]

Ric Flair and Arn Anderson Vs. Chris Kanyon and Mark Starr

To quote The Brain, it’s Horsemen time! Kanyon and Starr don’t get an entrance, Flair and Anderson however do and they get a huge amount of boos and jeers as they make their way to the ring.  The match begins with Flair and Kanyon, they circle around each other and lock up, Kanyon and Flair move into a test of strength, which Kanyon wins by driving Flair down to his knees.  Kanyon pulls Flair up and whips him into the ropes, he knocks Flair down with a Shoulderblock, Kanyon runs into the ropes and jumps over the prone body of Flair, Flair gets to his feet and Shoulderblocks the charging Kanyon down, Flair struts across the ring and lets out a ‘Woooooo’ as Kanyon gets back to his feet, Flair chops Kanyon hard across the chest three times that forces Kanyon into the corner, Flair unloads two more chops but Kanyon manages to reverse their position and unloads three chops to the chest of Flair before whipping Flair from the corner into the ropes, Kanyon scores with a Hiptoss and then tags in Mark Starr.  Starr walks in and gets poked in the eye by Flair, Flair manages to get to his feet fully and tags in Arn Anderson, Arn picks up Starr and whips him into the ropes and scores with a Powerslam, Arn makes a cover, 1… 2… Kickout from Starr.  Arn picks up Starr and pounds on his back with some Forearms, Arn with a Standard Suplex and a Backbreaker to follow it up.  Arn tags out and brings Flair back into the match, Flair applies an Armwringer as Arn climbs to the middle rope, Arn comes off the rope with a Diving Elbow to the shoulder of Starr knocking him to the mat.  Flair takes over the offence with a Powerslam, Flair chops away on Starr as he gets back to his feet, Flair scores with a Back Suplex, Flair looks for a Knee Drop but Starr manages to move out of the way, Starr manages to make a tag to Kanyon to some cheers from the crowd, Kanyon storms into the ring and knocks down with a Clothesline, Flair gets up again and is once again knocked down by a Clothesline, Kanyon picks up Flair and whips to the ropes, Military Press Slam by Kanyon to Flair, Kanyon picks up Flair and whips him into the ropes, Backbody Drop by Kanyon, cover, 1… 2… Kickout from Flair.  Kanyon picks up Flair and whips him into the corner, Flair goes all the over the top rope to the apron, Flair runs across the apron  and climbs the turnbuckle but Kanyon catches him on the top rope and slams him off to the mat, Kanyon looks to Clothesline the rising Flair, but Flair ducks, Kanyon turns around into a poke to the eye from Flair who follows up with a Back Suplex.  Flair brings in Arn Anderson who picks up Kanyon and whips him into the ropes, Anderson scores with a Backbody Drop, he picks up Kanyon and whips him into the corner, Anderson charges in but Kanyon gets a foot up, Kanyon manages to tag in Starr, Starr comes into the ring and goes to work on Anderson in the corner, Starr looks for an Irish Whip, its reversed by Anderson who follows Starr into the corner with a hard Clothesline, Starr stumbles out of the corner and Arn delivers a Sidewalk Slam, Anderson picks up Starr and whips him into the ropes, SPINEBUSTER, cover, 1… 2… 3.

Winners: Ric Flair and Arn Anderson (69%/64%/74%)

And yes JC, that was my old ECW 2001 diary

Tony Schiavone: This match of course fans was announced first on the WCW Hotline manned by our very own Mike Tenay, for all the hot, hot news on WCW call 1-900-909-9900. Kids get your parents permission before making the call.

Bobby Heenan: Or make the call anyway and then blame the kid next door

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

I read the start of your diary a while ago and didn't really get into it but I've just re-read and found a love for it. Your characters are pretty much spot on and I look forward to World War 3, my only minor problem is the layout, it just seems very heavy at times.

Anyway, keep up the good work ^_^

Thanks for the replies guys, I haven't really had chance to work on the Nitro due to my battle with Dukes and the whole Christmas thing and revision for exams. Glad to see its still getting read despite me not updating in a while.

Nice to see people like my charactertization, I try hard to stay pretty realistic in both my booking and portrayal of wrestlers

And Benji, heavy as in length?

Yes and no, the length of the shows are spot on, it's just some of the text seems to go on at times, it's paragraph spacing more than anything but I found it quite simple to get round once I got used to it, just something that may put off potential readers if you get my meaning.

• 4 weeks later...

A different sort of recap for the weekend shows from now on as I prefer this style to the old one, mainly because its quicker to write up and I can just concentrate on the main details. Nitro should actually be up sometime this week, just a few more matches to write up.

NBT

WCW Worldwide

Taped in front of a live audience at Center Stage, Florida

- WCW Worldwide kicked off in much the same way as the last few Monday Nitro’s had begun with a lot of light-heavyweight action.  Everyone’s favourite dancer, Disco Inferno started things off by taking on young rookie Scott Vick.  The two men put on a fast-paced match which saw Disco dominate from bell to bell much to the enjoyment of the small, vocal section of the fans.  Disco gained control thirty seconds into the match by reversing an attempted Backbody Drop into a Swinging Neckbreaker, Disco continued the attack on Vick’s neck with a nice looking Brainbuster and a brace of standard Neckbreakers that garnered a two count.  There was little fight left in Scott Vick and the rookie was put away by a Tombstone Piledriver from Disco for the three count. (Disco Inferno - 56%/35%/77%)

- ’Wunderkid’ Alex Wright, the man that many see as the elite wrestler out of all the light-heavyweights in WCW, came out and ran down the crowd, claiming that his German heritage gave him a distinct advantage over any other wrestler in WCW.  Eddie Guerrero came out to refute the claim and the match between the two men was on.  The fans were more into this match than the previous encounter, but the Center Stage fans were hardly going wild in the aisle, which is a shame as Guerrero and Wright had a barnburner of a match, with the action going back and forth between both men.  Guerrero often went aerial during the match and indeed came close to putting away Wright away with a Crossbody Block and a Slingshot Legdrop, in the end however it was the ‘Wunderkid’ that came out victorious in the match, capitalizing on Guerrero being slow to get to the top rope and bringing him down with a Superplex before hitting the German Suplex for the pinfall.  (‘Wunderkid’ Alex Wright - 64%/45%/83%)

- Colonel Parker came out with the newest members of Stud’s Stable, the Texas Mustangs – John Hawk and Bobby Duncum Jnr.  Parker put over the fact that these two youngsters are the toughest two men from Texas and challenged anyone in the building to come out and prove them wrong. (79%)

- Texas Mustangs defeated Frank Andersson and Tim Horner in 3:19 with a Backbreaker/Top Rope Legdrop combination. (53%/47%/59%)

- A pre-taped interview with Sting and Dustin Rhodes is shown, both men talk about the Horsemen’s attacks over the previous two weeks and hype the upcoming Monday Nitro from the Georgia Dome where Sting and Dustin will team with Randy Savage to take on Arn Anderson, Brian Pillman and Lex Luger(82%)

- Dustin Rhodes comes out into Center Stage to easily the largest reaction of the night, as he is acknowledging the adulation of the fans he is attacked from behind by his opponent Paul Roma, the two men battle back and forth for almost five minutes before Dustin manages to put Roma away with a number of Bionic Elbows and a Bulldog(Dustin Rhodes - 66%/60%/73%)

- The main event of the evening saw the Destruction Crew take on the new tandem of Mr. Hughes and Big Bubba Rogers, who are collectively known as Big and Bad.  In a big, hard fought brawl the action often spilled from the ring and on one occasion even into the crowd as the Destruction Crew refused to back down from their larger opponents.  Bubba and Mr. Hughes controlled a large portion of the match, using their size to their advantage but in the end the fighting spirit of the Destruction Crew and their tag team experience paid dividends as they managed to isolate Mr. Hughes and hit a string of double team moves before finishing him off with the Shaker Heights Spike Piledriver for the three count. (Destruction Crew - 64%/57%/72%)

• 9 months later...