I need new games.

oldskool

I just received my Gamecube yesterday (from eBay), GTA: San Andreas came from EB this afternoon and my Xbox (also from eBay) should be here by the end of the week.

My question to you EWBers is simple:

Suggest me some Gamecube/Xbox games that are UNDER $30.

I only have one game for each (Animal Crossing for GC, Halo for Xbox; both came as part of a "buy a system get a game" deal) but I'll play pretty much anything.

Used, Platinum Hit/Player's Choice, you name it.

So, any surefire hits I can find cheap?

Yes. Hit that shit early and often.

Personally, I just grabbed NHL 2K5, but get all of them if you're mad about sports.

I've been meanin to ask this but I didn't wanna put another thread up.  I have a coupon from Coke for $20 off of any ESPN game, should I get NHL or NBA?

How can you get $20 off a $20 game? :blink:

Anyway, judging by your sig, football. Go with what you like. But NHL is fucking tight ass, plus, if you got it for PS2, I could play you online. But if you like football better, go with that.

Since 2002 for hockey ESPN has had the better game, hands down. EA still has the presentation advantage, both have horrible soundtracks, but the gameplay of ESPN just isn't even close... it's like comparing sex with Claire Forlani to having sex with an orange... I guess having sex with an orange can be fun, but it's a lot of work and there's always that citric acid. ESPN is just a smooth ride... you don't have to say "okay, I don't mind a 17-23 game" in order to enjoy it.

Buy RE: 0 for GC. Kaneanite and I approve.

Indeed. It's a great game, but it's rock hard. I'd still be sitting her trying to figure out how to get out of a room pretty early in the game if it wasn't for Sean. Speaking of which, fuck me that was a bastard of a boss.

If you're going to buy RE:0, might as well bag Resident Evil: Remake while you're at it.

The remake is one of the best games I've played in ages. The graphics are amazing, and the gameplay is almost completely different from the first Resi Evil, so don't think it's just a graphical improvement.

Speaking of which, fuck me that was a bastard of a boss.

He's not so bad. Takes about six loads of buckshot to the face, but he's stunned after each shot so just lure him in and shoot him in the head.

You need more help, you know where to find me.

*spoilers* (Kaneanite might wanna dodge these)

I just got to the Factory from RE 2 and had a run in with William Birkin. The shots of Birkin and Wesker talking REALLY help you understand a lot of RE and RE 2, ecspecially 2. It's wierd too because when you get to the train where you have that massive fight with Birkin in RE 2, right near the end, is about 60% through the game.

I just got to disk two, going through the factory... so many memories, so many suprises... and I like the continuity of the game. They haven't fucked with it too much; just enough to make a great game.

He's not so bad. Takes about six loads of buckshot to the face, but he's stunned after each shot so just lure him in and shoot him in the head.

He had me by surprise, and he practically landed on top of me, so I had tried to turn round for some space. Bastard followed me, and cornered me right up at the door, where the camera goes a bit mad. I had a great view of me and the door, but I couldn't see the bloody thing, so I didn't know if I was hitting it nor not.

:\

I'd say the ESPN series or NBA Street Vol. 2 if you're into sports.

If not, some other good games are:

Rainbow Six 3 (If you ever get XBOX Live)

Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time

Splinter Cell (The Original or Pandora Tomorrow)

The Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay

Max Payne

The best one of those is Prince Of Persia, I highly recommend it.

Edited by Mortified Penguin

I got the NFL and NHL ESPN games for my PS2 as cheap "let's pretend this didn't happen" gifts from my parents, but both of them have the ever-frustrating "I hope you didn't like that franchise you were playing because now it doesn't work" glitch.

Is that on the Xbox versions or just PS2?

If it's not on the XBox versions I will definitely pick them up because they were a blast to play until the franchises crashed.