Good Sevendust/Papa Roach songs?

sirdavinator

I like Papa Roach's new song "Getting Away with Murder"

Might just be me though :unsure:

You're not the only one. It's a good song, but it takes a few listens to digest it.

If you like "Enemy" by Sevendust, you may be a little off-set by their older work. Try giving "Praise" a shot as well as the rest of the "Animosity" album.

I own the Seasons CD, and it's very good. The best ones off it are Enemy, Broken Down, Face To Face, and Seasons. The rest of the CD is good, but those are my favorites.

As for Papa Roach, I'd recommend Getting Away With Murder, Last Resort, and Not Listening.

Sevendust is among the list of those covering Hurt by NIN lately.

:rolleyes:

In the liner notes for the album it's on, they called it "Johnny Cash's Hurt", or something. Goddamnit.

You speak of Southside Doublewide, I believe (the acoustic album). Given the acoustic arrangement, I can understand tipping their hats towards Cash instead of Trent. Not to mention that it was becoming well-known at that point in time that Cash was in failing health.

No biggie.

Sevendust is among the list of those covering Hurt by NIN lately.

:rolleyes:

In the liner notes for the album it's on, they called it "Johnny Cash's Hurt", or something. Goddamnit.

You speak of Southside Doublewide, I believe (the acoustic album). Given the acoustic arrangement, I can understand tipping their hats towards Cash instead of Trent. Not to mention that it was becoming well-known at that point in time that Cash was in failing health.

No biggie.

'Getting away with murder' is great but doesn't even touch 'Last Resort'. Another good song is 'Time & Time Again' off the lovehatetradgedy album.

You suck, Getting Away With Murder OWNS Last Resort, now if you were talking about one being more "Anthemic" as it were then you would be correct.

Some good Papa Roach songs...

- Scars

- Blanket of Fear

- Tyranny of Normality

- Thrown Away (or at least the song that is hidden and comes after that on the Infest album)

- Last Resort

- She Loves Me Not

- Time and Time Again

As for Sevendust, not sure, just getting into them myself.

Isn't Angel's Son music and shit written by James Lynn Strait of Snot?

And then Lajon wrote the lyrics or something (that's what they did on the Strait Up CD, a tribute to Mr Strait.) Like, several artists took music that he wrote, and wrote lyrics to it, and it was put on the CD.

Or am I wrong?