The FA Cup Final

Sam

Todays big match, most probably the biggest domestic cup in the world. So here is the preview from skysports.com.

Manchester United take on Millwall in the 123rd FA Cup final hoping to lift the old trophy for a record 11th time, with all the action live on Sky Sports 1.

The Red Devils can finish what has been a disappointing season on a high with victory in Saturday's showpiece at The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

However, Millwall - making their first-ever final appearance - will be bidding to become the first non top-flight side since West Ham in 1980 to win the competition.

United are back in the final after a five-year absence having beaten Newcastle United 2-0 at Wembley in 1999.

Sir Alex Ferguson has no new injury worries for the game and will be boosted by the return to fitness of inspirational skipper Roy Keane after a hamstring problem.

The Republic of Ireland international looks set to replace Darren Fletcher and join Phil Neville in central midfield, while Tim Howard should be given the nod to continue in goal ahead of Roy Carroll.

Frenchman Louis Saha is ineligible and Rio Ferdinand is still suspended, while Ryan Giggs could win a record-equalling fourth winner's medal.

In contrast to Ferguson, Lions boss Dennis Wise has a number of selection headaches - himself included.

The former Chelsea star has been in Italy this week receiving treatment on a leg injury but is hopeful of making Saturday's clash.

However, both Kevin Muscat and Andy Roberts will miss out through injury, while Danny Dichio is suspended following his dismissal at Nottingham Forest towards the end of the season.

United have only won one of their three previous visits to Cardiff and Millwall, already qualified for next season's Uefa Cup, will be hoping to upset the odds and cause one of the greatest FA Cup shocks in history.

--------------------------------------------------

No matter who is in the final it's always a great occasion to watch at the end of a season. Come on United!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though i'm a United fan i can't help thinking they are going to slip up yet again and Millwall will win it. Ah well, lets hope United are on form today, because i can't see Millwall not being on form on a big occassion like this.

That's the problem....we're gonna be worrying the whole way through, yet if we were up against Arsenal or Chelsea, we'd know we weren't expected to win anyway, so we'd not be worrying.

I don't know where I'm going with this.

That's the problem....we're gonna be worrying the whole way through, yet if we were up against Arsenal or Chelsea, we'd know we weren't expected to win anyway, so we'd not be worrying.

I don't know where I'm going with this.

I think if United can manage to get a goal or two in first 20 minutes, due to good play and not mistakes like at Villa last week, then United can go on win it easily, but if Millwall can hold United off in the first half, then i'd expect Millwall to have a brilliant chance of winning, but like i said, i hope United are on form, because it wont go down to well for Fergie if he lets his only Trophy this season drop to a team like Millwall, especially beating Aresnal to get into that position and letting the premiership and champions league slip away so easy.

EDIT: Sky Sports coverage has started by the way. And i got money on it raining later on, weather is fine atm but doesn't look to promosing from where im sitting. (Which is in Wales)

Edited by BleedMe

Guest OnlyOneKeano

Millwall are my second team from when the refs blows his whistle at the end . Then i hate them again .

Millwall 2 - 1 Man Utd

This will represent Utds season this year and i can see it be 1-1 for a hell of a long time then a winner in extra time . Forlan is going to miss a few open goals during extra time

Millwall are my second team from when the refs blows his whistle at the end . Then i hate them again .

Millwall 2 - 1 Man Utd

This will represent Utds season this year and i can see it be 1-1 for a hell of a long time then a winner in extra time . Forlan is going to miss a few open goals during extra time

Yeh, i can see it now

"Nistlerooy shoots, off the post, Forlan hits the rebound at an open goal from close range.......................OMG it's hit the corner flag!"

Let's hope they ship Forlan off to another side ASAP. Some people say he's not that bad but he's terrible.

Well good effort and all. But that goal before half time killed Millwall off in my opinion.

Man U will run away with it in the 2nd

Damn, Wes Orange just got booted in the head.

I'm flicking it between the Scottish Cup and FA Cup, and, to be perfectly honest, neither has imperessed me that much :/

Good penalty, horse face.

Edited by Turbonegro