The FA Cup Final

Sam

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't a "horsewhipping"

Millwall made it hard for United. Remember that Man Utd are Premiership and Millwall are Division One.

Millwall fought hard and played with intergrity (except maybe Wise). They did well I think. They should be proud of their individual and collective performances.

Edited by TheArsenal

Guest Red Devil

We still had a shit season but I'm happy we won the cup, it was a good match and we gave a solid performance but now we have to look forward to next season.

It wasn't a "horsewhipping"

Goal attempts:

Man United 21 Millwall 1

How can that not be a Horsewhipping? Alright, they only scored 3, but to only let your opponents have 1 shot, and manage to have 21 of your own surely shows something.

On another note, Ronaldo = Simply Amazing.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I think Ronaldo gets too arrogant at times, for instance right at the start when he fired in that cross like the game was for charity or something. If he keeps shit like that up, someones going to end up getting bitterly offended and he's going to end up with a longterm injury.

I watched the first half, but I couldn't be bothered with the second.

Goal attempts:

Man United 21 Millwall 1

How can that not be a Horsewhipping? Alright, they only scored 3, but to only let your opponents have 1 shot, and manage to have 21 of your own surely shows something.

On another note, Ronaldo = Simply Amazing.

One stat doesn't tell the story of the game.

I think Ronaldo gets too arrogant at times, for instance right at the start when he fired in that cross like the game was for charity or something. If he keeps shit like that up, someones going to end up getting bitterly offended and he's going to end up with a longterm injury.

I noticed this to. I also noticed that he doesn't accept it when he makes mistakes. Ronaldo lost the ball, Giggs said something to him, and Ronaldo was just looking at him stupid as in "What the hell have i done wrong."

But still, by the end of next season he will be one of, or, Uniteds best player, depending on thier signings.

One stat doesn't tell the story of the game.

You're right, for all we know, the score could have been 1 - 0 Millwall by those stats, but what you can tell by those stats are that Millwall would have been outplayed. And if i didnt watch the game, if i looked at those stats, i would have thought Millwall played alot worse than the actually did.

I'd love for Millwall to win 1-0 with a last minute goal from Dennis Wise, but that's not how it works. I wouldn't be suprised to see Man Utd apsouletely thrash them today. I'll go with a 3-1 Man Utd win.

I wasn't far off.

I agree that Ronaldo is too cocky at times, but It's all part of his game. He's great to watch though, from a neutral prospective. The goal before half time finished Millwall off, If Millwall went in at half time at 0-0 it could have been a very different game.

On a side note, Millwall looked to be playing the occassion, and not the game.

It was a decent game and Millwall held their own for most of the first half but it wasn't to be. Marshall i thourght played a good game and made a couple of impresive saves, and it was funny watching Ernie Wise and Scholes tussling near half time, he kinda reminded me of a School Boy on the playground.

At least we ended the season on a high... credit to millwall though, they played well and pretty much matched us until the first goal. I think we deserved it though, the boys were very professional about it. It was actually one of the better cup finals i've seen for a while, Ronaldo was outstanding as was Darren Fletcher. Ruud played alright but was only given man of the match cos of his two goals (Two goals which did win me £80!)

Hehe, for those that care, i put £2 on Ronaldo to score first with United winning 3-0.

Dennis Wise has totally gained my respect now. I loved the way he just wasn't afraid to get stuck in, especially when he took Ronaldo down which started that little scuffle.

He earned your respect by being a complete twat? He needlessly antaganised both Scholes and Ronaldo on several occasions, hoping to get them sent off.

He never had my respect and he certainly didn't gain it from that display. The BBC pundits were ripping into him, 'how can he go back at half time and give a 'calm down' team talk when he's playing like that'. I'm fine with a bit of tussling but he had Scholes round the neck.

Did anyone else think it was pretty cool that they had Davis and 36 on their shirts when they got the cup?

And speaking of Wise, I've never liked him ever since he punched Callum Davidson for no reason. And today proved why I think he is a bellend. All that stuff with Ronaldo, he must've felt like a big man, so to speak, doing that to a guy who's nearly 20 years younger than him.

Dennis Wise = Cock.

Did anyone else think it was pretty cool that they had Davis and 36 on their shirts when they got the cup? 

And speaking of Wise, I've never liked him ever since he punched Callum Davidson for no reason.  And today proved why I think he is a bellend.  All that stuff with Ronaldo, he must've felt like a big man, so to speak, doing that to a guy who's nearly 20 years younger than him. 

Dennis Wise = Cock.

I loved the little tribute to Jimmy Davis, I thought it was a great touch and it was very moving.

Dennis Wise is a cheating bastard, that about sums it up.

On the whole the game was pretty much a walk in the park for United, Ronaldo looks set to be a world class player.

Well, I'm either very stupid or very brave, probably just stupid. I was in Cardiff the morning of the match, travelling back up North, and dumbass here walks straight into the center of Cardiff, totally forgetting what day it was, what am I wearing? My Liverpool shirt. I had to walk from Queen Street Station to Cardiff Central Station, which is basically right through the center of Cardiff. The comments I received where both funny and insulting. The Millwall fans, give them there due, just joked about with me as I walked past, stuff like "Wrong town mate!" and "I didn't know you were playing here today?", but the Man U fans (who weren't actually from Manchester) swore, insulted and at one point tried to attack me, luckily the police were around. I found it all funny in the end, mind you, only when I was safely on the train back to Liverpool. I've learnt my lesson, but it was an amusing one none the less.

Well, I'm either very stupid or very brave, probably just stupid. I was in Cardiff the morning of the match, travelling back up North, and dumbass here walks straight into the center of Cardiff, totally forgetting what day it was, what am I wearing? My Liverpool shirt. I had to walk from Queen Street Station to Cardiff Central Station, which is basically right through the center of Cardiff. The comments I received where both funny and insulting. The Millwall fans, give them there due, just joked about with me as I walked past, stuff like "Wrong town mate!" and "I didn't know you were playing here today?", but the Man U fans (who weren't actually from Manchester) swore, insulted and at one point tried to attack me, luckily the police were around. I found it all funny in the end, mind you, only when I was safely on the train back to Liverpool. I've learnt my lesson, but it was an amusing one none the less.

Of course they aren't from Manchester. It's Man Utd stupid :rolleyes: