Favorite Sketch-Comedy Skits

apsham

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chapelle Show is fucking awesome.

Trading Spouses, the crackhead talking to the kids in the school, and the "Race Draft" or whatever is was called ("The Chinese have selected...Tiger Woods"..."Colin Powell is officially white"), but my personal favorite had to be the short spoof of the Mitsubishi commercial at the very beginning of the first show. The commercial with that Dirty Vegas song playing and the girl in pink doing an idiotic dance. The girl is in the passenger's seat doing the dance and Dave is driving. Dave turns to her with the funniest expression and says "What the fuck are is THAT?!?". Just the tone of his voice, the look on his face, and the mood is perfect. Really set the tone for the first episode, IMO.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Walken on SNL is great. It may not have been the funniest, but a part that I hold dear is on the 25th anniversary special when Walken stood up and asked Hanks about it being scripted, Walken then something to the effect of:

"Oh, really. See, I always just said whatever I want...and...everyone just goes with it."

Not funny here, but his delivery was stellar.

I GOTTA FEVAH.......AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS......MORE COWBELL

Any sketch from the Election 2000 season with Will Ferrel as President Bush and Darrell Hammond as former Vice President Gore

Celebrity Jeopardy

Wakeup Wakefield (got Rachel Dratch & Mya Rudolph)

Christopher Walken as that guy with who can see the future

Quentin Tarantino's Welcome Back Kotter

Pretty much anything from Kids in the Hall

The Chapelle Show is fucking awesome.

Trading Spouses, the crackhead talking to the kids in the school, and the "Race Draft" or whatever is was called ("The Chinese have selected...Tiger Woods"..."Colin Powell is officially white"), but my personal favorite had to be the short spoof of the Mitsubishi commercial at the very beginning of the first show. The commercial with that Dirty Vegas song playing and the girl in pink doing an idiotic dance. The girl is in the passenger's seat doing the dance and Dave is driving. Dave turns to her with the funniest expression and says "What the fuck are is THAT?!?". Just the tone of his voice, the look on his face, and the mood is perfect. Really set the tone for the first episode, IMO.

Guest Kingofthuganomics45d

Tina Feys and Jimmy Fallons Weekend Update(The new ones are great too.)

The Awesome Cheesbuga Sketches!

Jimmy Fallon's Jarred Sketch(The One with Hugh Jackman is AWESOME. Check out his braces)

Also his sketches where he and (I forget) Work in that clothing store owned by Will Farrell

Loved the Skectch off Kids In the Hall where Dave Foley keeps waking up(Hunny I had that dream again)

Edited by Kingofthuganomics45d

Guest Wrestling_Man

There are so many good ones, Buckwheat sings is awesome. Celebrity Jeopardy was great, Kenny Roger's Jackass but maybe the best one of them all was the cowbell sketch. I'VE GOT A FEVER, AND THE DOCTOR SAYS I NEED MORE COWBELL!! That owns all.

Everyone's mentioning sketches involving Christopher Walken, but I have a soft spot for a sketch mocking him -- "Christopher Walken's Psychic Friends Network"!

Other great moments in SNL history:

Any Weekend Update with Dennis Miller

Nancy Kerrigan with other Olympic medal winners ("I'd like to be in the Ice Capades." "I'd like to watch the Ice Capades.")

The original SNL Real World parody (an Italian who hated the Irish, an Irishman who hated the English, an Englishman who hated Eskimos, an Eskimo who hated Lesbians, and so on...)

The Salem Bitch Trials (from the same episode -- Shannon Doherty, Cypress Hill. It is the best SNL ever in my opinion, just pure gold.)

Wayne reveals he has a crush on Garth's mom

Wayne and Garth try to watch Madonna's banned video

Anything involving Emily Litella (a Gilda Radner character from the first few seasons who would rant on about a world problem before realizing she misheard it -- i.e., complain about "the Iranian ostrich crisis" before realizing it's a hostage crisis. At which point, she'd say, "Ohhhhhhhhh. That's different. Nevermind.")

The McLaughlin Group or any of its spinoffs

Behind the Scenes of Frank Sinatra's "Duets" album

Man, that show rocked. Still does, but... it's just not the same as when you first saw it.

Guest Cereal Killer

SNL

Behind The Music: Blue Oyster Cult

Cheeburger! Cheeburger!

Chippendale's (Farley & Swayze)

Celebrity Jeopardy (all of them)

Matt Foley the Motivational Speaker

Opera Man

The Continental

The Joe Pesci Show

In Living Color

Don King - The Early Years

Fire Marshall Bill

Homey D. Clown

Edited by Cereal Killer

Guest homerjfry

Anything from the KITH from the first 3 seasons was absolute gold. Easily my favorite sketch show of all time. Th Beatles sketch really stands out to me too.

Many Mr. Show sketches were great, but it is too hard to remember the titles, and I am too lazy to get the DVDs down from my shelf, but Mr. Show was fucking brilliant when it was on.

Ben Stiller show's "Medevil Cops" was fucking great, and was a really under rated show as well.

The "Debbie Downer" episode with Lindsay Lohan was great too, and all of the Brian Fellows sketches were hilarious.

Honorable mentions go to not quite sketch comedies, but more situational: Mr. Bean and Blackadder.