Any fans of Chevelle?

Fitzy

I am a fan of theirs, and I have to say, that their new CD, This Type Of Thinking (Could Do Us In) is awesome. Not a bad song on the entire CD.

Now, I liked the Wonder What's Next CD, but I felt it wasn't a great CD overall. It wasn't something that I found myself listening to straight through without skipping past tracks.

This one, however, I like each and every single one of the tracks. I don't really have a favorite.

I think they really put together a strong CD that could earn them some new fans if people weren't already fans of theirs. It comes together very well. It's an improvement over their debut album.

So, what's you throughts on the band and their CD(s)?

Edited by Fitzy

Chevelle is great. I loved Wonder What's Next and haven't gotten around to picking up This Type Of Thinking (Could Do Us In) but I will be eventually. I saw them live about 2-3 years ago, and they kicked ass. Awesome, Awesome live band. Defentally check them out if you can. :)

First of all, it's not Christian. And if you don't like them, then why are you in a topic with people who do like them? Seriously, that comment wasn't even needed.

But back on topic, if you cannot tell that I like them then you haven't paid attention to my sig. Chevelle's one of my favorite bands and their new cd is kickass. I liked their old CD a lot though too, a true fan through and through.

Though I was sceptical at first, because I wasn't that much into them prior to the Music As A Weapon 2 Tour, but when I heard "Forfeit" live, I couldn't get enough of the band. They're really good live and I too, suggest that you try and see them live 'cause they're a really good band.

Chevelle has been my favorite band since discovering them after hearing The Red on a local radio station in 2002. The thing I like most about them is that they have very decent lyrics and have a sound of their own that I haven't been able to put on any past and present band that I have heard of.

I bought This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In after hearing Vitamin R, The Clincher, and Still Running and the CD has just grown on me as much as Wonder What's Next. And as said above TTOTCDUI doesn't have any bad songs at all. And how to do you even remotely put them in the Christian Nu-Metal genre Pete?

Christian nu-metal sucks.

Honestly.

Please explain your stance.

A) For one, the band is entirely too generic. That is one of the downfalls to Nu-Metal. They play their instruments loudly with little reason or care. I am not asking people to be able to play a drum solo here or there, but come on. Spruce it up a bit and actually try to formulate some good music here.

B) My friend didn't realize they were Christians until I told her. No joke. She told me that they were far from Christian and I explained too her to read the lyrics. She did and in the first three songs there were several referances to Christian imagery. Heck, if you can't play your music very well, you'd better be able to captivate an audience with your lyrics. And clearly they didn't.

Edited by PunkRockPete

A) For one, the band is entirely too generic. That is one of the downfalls to Nu-Metal. They play their instruments loudly with little reason or care. I am not asking people to be able to play a drum solo here or there, but come on. Spruce it up a bit and actually try to formulate some good music here.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

And besides, they can't be ruled as a "Christian Band" because that's not marketable. If they were indeed a christian band we wouldn't be having this disucssion because they wouldn't be as known as they are.

I have no idea about Chevelle being christians, but you make it out like if they're christian they suck. There are lots of popular christian bands - POD and MXPX are both very popular and they're christian. I'm not a big fan of either but they have alot of followers who aren't just christians.

I'm not saying that but the way he's putting it, is that they're a Christian Band, whereas POD and MXPX are neither. They have christian backgrounds, but they're not christian rock. He's putting it in a way where, to me, that they're Christian Rock but just Nu-Metal. I'm just saying that if they were indeed Christian, they PROBABLY wouldn't be as popular as they are now.