Mr. T

botchedpiledriver

he did those telephone commercials a couple of years ago but I haven't seen much of him lately.

Anyone know what happened to the rest of the A-Team. I don't ever recall seeing any of the 3 ever on TV other then on the A-Team.

Edited by sahyder1

Silly question, But what's the A-Team? Why is Mr. T so popular? I never watched the A-Team and I only heard of Mr. T when I watched the first two Wrestlemanias, And those commercials of his. What'd he do that made him famous?

Also, What's the plane joke about?

:o:o

The A-Team where a group of ex-soldiers who were framed for robbing a bank during the Vietnam war and they went around solving crimes. Thats the jist...Mr. T played B.A Baracus, who was a tough-guy, drove the van and who had a fear of flying. Thats the jist.

BA used to say "I ain't gettin' on no damn plane, Hannibal" but they would usually drug him or knock him out or something and he would wake up after the flight.

Edited by The Lonesome Hobo

Thanks, The Lonesome Hobo biggrin.gif

Sounds like a all right show, Do they still air it?

They show it over here in England on Living TV or UK Gold, or one of them dodgy channels. When I remember that it is on, I always give it a watch. I love me some A-Team :wub:

Try this link to find out some more stuff about the show

yeah, they were basically wanted by the government and spent half the time running away from Military police. They were available for hire and people would pay them to get rid of bad guys. Someone damaging your little coffee store on the corner? Maybe you can hire "The A-Team".

****cue the music*****

Anyone know if it's still on US TV? I know the re-run got shifted to TV Land from Spike a few months ago but I've never been able to figure out what time it airs on.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I hate it when I see a younger member of society that doesn't even recognise a cult classic, it sickens me to my rotten core, down with the young!

I met about 5 people this year that had never seen/heard of the goonies.

I think I heard that about George Peppard too, but I could be wrong. Dwight Schultz (Murdock) is always popping up on TV and in computer games largely, I've recently picked him out in Chronicles Of Riddick on X-Box and Crash Nitro Kart for PS2. In fact a quick IMDB search tells me he's been busy as hell with guest appearances and whatnot.

Also now confirmed, Peppard died in 1994, Mr T has done very little anywhere and face is in the same boat as Murdock, guest appearances and computer games. There ya go.

What's all the jibba jabba about Mr. T? Seriously, does anybody else remember the TV Funhouse bits from SNL a little while back.

"I'm back and I need work. Drink your school. Stay in drugs. Don't do milk."

His appearance in Not Another Teen Movie was retarded. And the plane joke, classic, every time I see that show on he always rips off that line. The A-Team was such a dumb show but it was and is still fun to watch. They set the standard for gunfights that would last 15 minutes cuz nobody could hit anything. They'd be aiming and keep hitting trees off in the distance. Comic GOLD.

What do you expect man? They made those guns themselves out of sticks, banana peel and one of BA's chains. Cut them some slack!

I used to love how they made things like two-seater gliders, aquaducts and explosives from things like that laying around. Great stuff.