Official Liverpool Thread

FLiam

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you would have had a better chance if you were playing a foreign team in the Semis. As people have said, you have been much better in Europe than in the Premiership. You definetely have a chance of beating Chelsea but saying you could/should have beat them earlier in the season isn't really a good point, Mourinho's teams "should" lose a lot of their games, but always somehow pull through.

The only reason I said you wouldn't beat them is that at the start, I couldn't see anyone in the Champion's League knocking out Chelsea apart from maybe Barca and Milan.

And Rangers would quite possibly still be in Europe if we had a Manager that had a clue. Don't give a fuck about Celtic. :P

Where's Morientes?

Was I the only one amused by the fact that amongst the scumbag Juve ultras there was one, just one, legend in the crowd. Thats right, the guy with the 'YOU ARE AS UGLY AS CAMILLA' banner. Theres hope for Italian fans yet.

Oh yeah, you were at the match after all, so you know exactly what happen. On BBC news, it said both teams threw stuff at each other, so I'd rather listen to them than what you've been trying to tell me.

Today was another bad day for Liverpool too, how they can beat teams like Us, Leverkusen and others and yet not beat some regular premiership teams is just beyond me.

40,000 Liverpool fans out sung by us 3,000 Yiddo's , Shameful. Game was unbeliveable , Xabi Alonso was man of the match easily . I knew the instant i shouted "BARCA REJECT ! " at Garcia he would score . Poor atmosphere from the home fans but i got the tingles when i heard "You'll never walk alone" . Any fan gets a chance to go there with a good bunch of away fans its worth the trip .

Guest Thomas Jefferson

Liverpool were very sloppy in the first half, but better in the second. The way Johnson kept tearing the defence apart. The second half was much better. Morientes should have scored. Better Luck next time.

Oh, but you guys should get ready to rejoice the Champions League Victory. I have a hunch it's going to have Liverpools name on it. You'll not only win the CL, but also prevent Everton from reaching CL. :evilsmirk:

I'm beginning to think we should sell Gerrard, just not to Chelsea.

I hate myself for saying it, but after the game against Portsmouth I realize we'd probably be better off with the money he'd get us. We could bring in 5 or 6 quality players with it, and god knows we need them. We haven't got the depth for three competitions.