Official Liverpool Thread

FLiam

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a Liverpool fan but i must admit i have a soft spot for them , so i want them to do well . Watching the game tuesday i have made my mind up , Peter Crouch is a joke and if he is keeping a real talented player like Cisse out of the side , Rafa needs to rethink . Cisse is a top player and very unrated IMO , i think hes Strong , Fast and a great eye for goal . Peter Crouch on the other hand is just pathetic , he may aswell play in Europe for Everton because thats the level hes at .

You fucking idiot.

Peter Crouch had 1 above average season for a relegated side , Woop De Fucking Do . He is shit , You Twat

He had 1 great season, for a shit side. Which is better than having a good season for a great side. Does that make sense to your think headed brain? He's not shit at all, nowhere near it. You're a fucking retard, and I've thought that for awhile, this just proves it.

You are all a bunch of fucking idiots for taking this argument to the level of agressiveness that it's at. It's football - you can't always have a great season or career. Crouch has some merit, but whether he's worth his price-tag remains to be seen.

Peter Crouch had 1 above average season for a relegated side , Woop De Fucking Do . He is shit , You Twat

He had 1 great season, for a shit side. Which is better than having a good season for a great side. Does that make sense to your think headed brain? He's not shit at all, nowhere near it. You're a fucking retard, and I've thought that for awhile, this just proves it.

Edited by The Slickman

You fucking moron. Just because he's tall his only talent must be jumping for the ball, right? Go and watch a match that he's played in (and not what your friends have told you about), he holds the ball up and (this is a cliche I know) has a brilliant touch for a big man.

(As far as i was told by friends Crouch started instead of Cisse as a lone striker against Chelsea , i only saw some of the 2nd half)
Edited by rock a box

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

It it proves is someone has a different point of view to you . You think Peter Crouch is good , fair enough all im saying is starting Crouch up front instead of a much more talented player in Cisse is a joke (As far as i was told by friends Crouch started instead of Cisse as a lone striker against Chelsea , i only saw some of the 2nd half) Crouch for England is a pathetic and stupid idea and everytime i saw him last season and this season he was awful . The only thing he can do well is jump in the air . He scored like 11/12 goals last year and if Cisse wouldve been fit he wouldve scored at least 18/19

Now I want to hurt you. You obviously know NOTHING about Crouch. One of the WEAKER sides of his game is his JUMPING. You're talking out of your ass. rock a box has already gone on to say what the better parts of his game are, but you argue this much, then throw it all away by trying to say all he does is jump. Pathetic.

• 3 weeks later...

Liverpool probably have the weakest attack out of the "top named" clubs.

Man U, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle, even Chelsea have better attacks.

I think a mistake was made in not going after Owen.

The result against Fulham today weren't great, and you've got a long way to get back into Euro contention, although you should progress in Europe to the next stage as Cisse and most of your Spanish players seem to thrive more in Europe than in the Premiership.

Morientes is the best striker Liverpool have.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Cisse is better than Morientes. Mori hasn't impressed for me since he's been at 'pool.

Has he started many games? hardly seen Morientes...Is he injured or just not being used?

He seems to be the most un-realised striker in Europe! Every time he got a game for Real he seemed to score, then for Monaco he was finally great for a season, and now back onto the bench...

Guest Ringo Masterson

I think it's definately a tactics problem. Liverpool, in their best games, work as a comeback team, where Gerrard or Alonso drop back and pass the ball on forward. This worked well when Benitez was at Valencia because most teams in Spain play an attacking game. It also works in the CL because Liverpool is up against the best teams in Europe who try to focus on attack. It doesn't work as well in England because the small sides very rarely go on the attack against a team of the stature of Liverpool, forcing them to go on the offensive, something they're not as good at. Of course, there's also the trouble with the holding midfielder. Chelsea had their defenders mark the holding midfielder closely which made it difficult to create that comeback. It's also the same thing Fulham did. I guess Benitez needs to use something new in the Prem if he expects to do better.

Edited by Ringo Masterson