Official Liverpool Thread

FLiam

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Brom have no chance of staying up IMO. That was probably our easiest match all season.

Hopefully we can repeat the trick against Saints tomorrow, to have a bit of form for the visit of Lokomotiv London.

EDIT: Just seen this on redandwhitekop.com (credit Paul Tomkins)

LFC Player-By-Player Assessment of 2004/05

I have used the old school marking system (A+ to D-) to assess each first team player now we've reached the halfway stage.

A+  Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard has won us 31 points this season, and kept us in all the cups. He has scored a whopping 33 league goals, and made some fantastic saves at the other end. We truly are a one-man team.

No other players have been used by Liverpool this season.

Edited by pigeon

Gerrard is awesome no doubt about it, but fuck off all these people who keep saying Liverpool are a one man team. So Gerrard does everything now does he? Bullshit. He does some awesome work and has been outstanding this season but that doesn't mean some other Liverpool players haven't played well. Cisse was doing well until he got injured, Risse(sp?) has been damn great at times, mainly this weekend, Alonso has been awesome and a huge boost for you plus more. I just hate how I have heard so many people saying Gerrard is doing everything for Liverpool, do disrespect to the guy at all so don't flame me there.

I also feel so sorry for Baros. The guy is an awesome strike yet he's having such bad luck at Liverpool if you ask me. He was deadly in the Euro and proved how good he can be, just he cant seem to get to his best at Liverpool. I still wish he had of came to Juve because he is that damn good imo, but he obviously isn't moving at all so hopefully he gets to his best for Liverpool because he's the main reason I like the club.

The guy who wrote that knows we're not a one man team, he was taking the piss. Agree with a lot you've said though.

AIMAR WOULD LOVE ANFIELD MOVE

Pablo Aimar has revealed he would jump at the opportunity of a January transfer switch to Liverpool. 

Valencia's Argentina international admits he's a huge fan of Rafael Benitez, his former boss at the Mestalla, and that he'd relish the chance to work with him again at Anfield.

"This season I'm not happy at Valencia," says the midfielder. "Rafa Benitez is an excellent coach who knows me very well and Liverpool would be an ideal place to go if I cannot sort out my future here."

Despite being a regular in Benitez's Valencia side that won a La Liga and UEFA Cup double last season, Aimar has not figured much this campaign and added: "I do not understand why I have not been playing. Ranieri has not told me the reasons but I am obviously not part of his plans.

"From what I can see, English football is the best in Europe next to Spain and I do not think I would have a problem adapting to the Premiership." 

As a Spurs fan and not being able to stand the likes of the scum (Arsenal ) , Chelsea , Man Utd at the top of the table i wanna wish every liverpool fan good luck in every match (apart from Spurs , when i will be taking the piss out of scouser sterotypes until the end of 90 mins , And When We Are Challenging For You European Spot <_< ). I Personally feel that Steven Gerrard is the best all round player in the world . He has carried that team for a number of years and they are still going strong . Owen leaving was a terrible decision IMO Owen > Cisse . Ok Owen didnt have the pace he used to . HE ISNT 18 ANYMORE ! , THINGS CHANGE ! 40 YEARS AGO SPURS WON THE LEAGUE AND CUP DOUBLE ! LOOK AT US NOW ! . I Also wanna thank Liverpool FC for giving Spurs a massive kick up the arse which we needed in that League cup tie , We lost to your reserves which was shameful and pathetic , I Have been to every home game this season and since that game theres been a big change in the southampton and Boro games since that cold wednesday night at the lane . my predictions for the rest of the season is

1st - Tottenham

2nd - Bolton

3rd - Liverpool

20th - Arsenal

Meh , I Can Dream

The guy who wrote that knows we're not a one man team, he was taking the piss.  Agree with a lot you've said though.

AIMAR WOULD LOVE ANFIELD MOVE

Pablo Aimar has revealed he would jump at the opportunity of a January transfer switch to Liverpool. 

Valencia's Argentina international admits he's a huge fan of Rafael Benitez, his former boss at the Mestalla, and that he'd relish the chance to work with him again at Anfield.

"This season I'm not happy at Valencia," says the midfielder. "Rafa Benitez is an excellent coach who knows me very well and Liverpool would be an ideal place to go if I cannot sort out my future here."

Despite being a regular in Benitez's Valencia side that won a La Liga and UEFA Cup double last season, Aimar has not figured much this campaign and added: "I do not understand why I have not been playing. Ranieri has not told me the reasons but I am obviously not part of his plans.

"From what I can see, English football is the best in Europe next to Spain and I do not think I would have a problem adapting to the Premiership." 

source: liverpoolfc.tv

*drools* I would love to see Frodo in a red shirt.

I agree that we need a new defender. Watching the 'Pool/Saints match yesterday, I realised just how much Hyypia has lost from a couple of years ago. He just seemed... sluggish, and his first touch was poor on more than one occasion.

That would be a great signing for Liverpool. But where would he be in Liverpool's midfield?

Reds may swoop for Pellegrino

Dec 29 2004

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ is considering a January swoop for Valencia defender Mauricio Pellegrino.

The Argentinian has been granted a free transfer from the Mestalla club having lost his place under Claudio Ranieri.

Pellegrino was a mainstay in Benitez's title winning side last year. Now 33, any move to Liverpool is likely to be as cover for Sami Hyypia and Jamie Carragher.

With Swiss veteran Stephane Henchoz likely to leave, probably to Manchester City, in January, Benitez will be short of options at centre-half.

Benitez is still hopeful of signing Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes, but reports of an imminent bid for Pablo Aimar are wide of the mark.

Aimar issued a come and get me plea to his former boss, but Benitez's priority is elsewhere.

Meanwhile, Steve Finnan was today undergoing a scan at Melwood after a gash on his leg sustained in the first half of yesterday's game with Southampton.

The Ireland international required eight stitches after the challenge with Saints midfielder Neil McCann.

Benitez targets Blues' weaknesses

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez wants his side to capitalise on Chelsea's weaknesses as the Reds prepare to host the Premiership leaders at Anfield.

Benitez said: "Chelsea have a good manager and good players but that is not to say they are unbeatable.

"They do have weaknesses. Afterwards I may speak about them but for now we know what they are and we'll look to capitalise on this.

"This is a massive game and of equal importance for Liverpool and Chelsea."

Benitez wants Liverpool to continue to pick up victories at home as they seek to keep their top-four hopes alive.

He added: "We have already beaten Arsenal at home this season when everybody was expecting us to lose and I think we can win against Chelsea, especially at home with our supporters behind us.

"We have given them a happy Christmas and our aim now is to make sure they have a happy new year as well."

Rafa is right, Chelsea are not unbeatable but they are a damn lot better side than Liverpool. Talking about Chelsea's weaknesses, they dont have many but Liverpool have more weaknesses than them so he cant say much about Chelsea. I like Liverpool but i always mark out for Chelsea

Rafa is right, Chelsea are not unbeatable but they are a damn lot better side than Liverpool. Talking about Chelsea's weaknesses, they dont have many but Liverpool have more weaknesses than them so he cant say much about Chelsea. I like Liverpool but i always mark out for Chelsea

Just got back from the game. Had to walk home, so I'm soaked, and fucking gutted. And I've got an almighty hangover too ...

Anyway, Manc Riley is not fit to referee. I was sat front of the Kop and got a good view of both the pens we should have got. How the fuck he give a free out when Makelele had both arms round Pongolle I'll never know. And I think the prick even put his whistle in his mouth after the handball.

First half we were deffo the better side, but we need someone to stick the ball in the net. I've heard from a fairly good source that the Morientes deal is close to completion, so hopefully he'll help sort that out.

Second half Chelsea came back into it and it was fairly even. The difference in the two squads was clear to see though. They could bring Drogba, Kezman and Joe Cole on, all three proven at the top level. Losing Xabi was a big blow (fuck Lampard) and we just don't have the strength in depth yet. It could have went either way though in the second half, and Chelsea got a huge slice of luck in the goal.

Their defending was immense though, and they worked really hard I thought. They're deffo good enough to win the league, and if they keep getting the luck too, they will win the league. Still hope Arsenal do it though, I hate blue.

Hope the players can lift themselves for Norwich on Monday. Fourth is still within our capability despite today's result.

Rafael Benitez has revealed Igor Biscan will not be leaving Liverpool during the transfer window after pledging his committment to the Reds.

A number of clubs have reportedly been interested in taking Biscan away from Anfield, but following the injury to Xabi Alonso it is likely the Croatian midfielder will figure prominently in Benitez's first team plans over the rest of the campaign.

The Liverpool boss admits there was a chance Biscan could leave the club, but after speaking to the 26 year old he is more than happy to keep him on board.

He said: "Some clubs have talked to us about Igor Biscan but he has decided to stay here. I spoke with him and he told me he wants to stay.

"I am happy with that decision and I can tell you he will not be leaving here.

"The injury to Alonso means we have to work harder with the midfielders we have and Igor is one of those. It is important that Gerrard, Hamann, Biscan and Diao all work hard and do well."

Meanwhile, the boss is waiting to discover which club Stephane Henchoz wants to join during the transfer window.

He added: "I have spoken with Stephane and he understands it will be difficult to play here.

"He is a good professional, he is training well and we want the best for him. We are waiting for news from other clubs now."