2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

Yeah that's pretty bad. They are pulling a reverse-Sacramento. They win the big games against good teams but shit the bed against the scrub teams like Chicago and New Orleans, next stop getting swept by Atlanta and Charlotte...never mind that can't happen...or can it?

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and ATL could probably get rid of Walker for him, so he can chook some tres' oop in Canada eh

I don't think many teams in the Atlantic are going to make big moves though because the division is going to be so close (still under .500 but close) and the NBA has this whole schtick with "team chemistry" and "veteran leadership" and the thing is those things go out the window if you have a team that can just beat people down ala the Lakers of a couple years ago. Most of the people on that team hated each other, primarily because they were either on Shaq's side or Kobe's side, but they won and won and won. They just killed people cuz they could, no stupid gimmicky cliches necessary.

Guest Bluesman

The Hill story is a great thing to see. Not only is be back on the court, but back on the court playing well. I really hope there are some Magic games on national t.v. soon, or the Wolves play them (as it'll be on here).

I think the Hawks would have plenty to offer Toronto. If they are looking for a salary dump, you've got Antoine Walker. At the same time, they have some young talent in Diaw, Childress, and Smith, all who play the 2/3, and most likely included. I think the Hawks would be foolish to make this trade, however, as Vince has showed he has no problem playing half assed and fucking the team over if he feels like being a little bitch.

To be quite honest, I can't wait until Vince is dealt. I'm really interested to know what his true value is out on the market. With how far his trade value has fallen, I'd have to think that Toronto is looking to unload him ASAP and is hoping to get a decent deal.

So, someone really needs to teach Memphis how to play D, Jesus Christ my College team had more structure on D than those guys last night against the Kings, then again they weren't much better on D themselves, Bibby pulled it out in the final stretch, Stojakovic and Webber had big games but Ostertag coming of the bench made a huge contribution on D, with some big blocks

But tonight the T'Wolves take down the Warriors, Garnett has been on fire so far this season

So, someone really needs to teach Memphis how to play D, Jesus Christ my College team had more structure on D than those guys last night against the Kings, then again they weren't much better on D themselves, Bibby pulled it out in the final stretch, Stojakovic and Webber had big games but Ostertag coming of the bench made a huge contribution on D, with some big blocks

But tonight the T'Wolves take down the Warriors, Garnett has been on fire so far this season

That's a good job for Fratello even though there will be pressure to replicate what Hubie did last year. He does well with young players and if this Grizzlies team got a jolt of energy from a new coach maybe it'd knock them out of the funk they've been in. Geez, they got taken out by my Knicks tonight, and that just shouldn't happen. Don't get me wrong I love my Knicks but the winner of the Atlantic Division will have no more than 39 wins. Just sad.

14 games in and the Pistons are 7-7. It's hard to figure out what direction their heading this season. Carlos Delfino returned to the bench for the Pistons, and Ben Wallace is scheduled to be back on Friday, which is a huge boost for this team. I figure if McDyess can continue playing well, and Delfino continues to develop, our bench will come along nicely. The problem with the Pistons has been a lack of defense (which can be directly related to Ben Wallace's abscence for most of the season) and the lack of scoring off of the bench. With Delfino and and McDyess off of the bench, the Pistons can get back on track. I'd like to see them rattle off a few wins, and work their way back to the top spot in the east. The drubbing of Houston before Big Ben's return should provide a boost for the Pistons.

The Pacers continue to add bodies to their front line for depth to their vastly inexperienced frontcourt with yet another unexperienced forward in former Milwaukee lottery pick and preseason cut Marcus Haislip. He joins Tremaine Fowlkes and Britton Johnsen as recent signings by the Pacers.

And in other news, New Jersey has resurfaced in the Shareef Abdur-Rahim sweepstakes. They are willing to trade him for Jason Kidd when Kidd shows that he is fully recovered from knee surgery. Here's the hitch though, NJ wants Portland's lottery pick PG, Sebastian Telfair, included in the deal, with NJ forward Awvee Storey heading with Kidd to Portland.

The fact the Pistons are 7-7 with all the drama so far is good. Just in the first month, Larry Brown's hip surgery, Ben Wallace's brother dies, the crap at the Palace, the Pistons playing Charlotte with 8 guys. The 'Stons survived. Ben is now back. Delfino (who looked great last night) is now back. McDyess looks like he's getting into great form now. This team will now finally get to gel. Plus, Smush Parker is an added bonus and Darko looks like he's starting to develop. Look for big things from the Champs

As for the Grizz, I see Mike Fratello as just a stop gap. I see the Czar coaching for the rest of the year and Mussellman taking over in 05-06

Damn...Ray Allen is looking more and more like the runawaty MVP every night. He dropped 38 on Utah last night to help his team stay in first with 9 of those coming in overtime.

Seattle is for real...for now. I don't think this team will be able to stay healthy for the entire season, someone will go down.

Damn...Ray Allen is looking more and more like the runawaty MVP every night.  He dropped 38 on Utah last night to help his team stay in first with 9 of those coming in overtime.

Seattle is for real...for now.  I don't think this team will be able to stay healthy for the entire season, someone will go down.