2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do when your life is in jeopardy.  Seeing how chairs were flung around later in the fracas you have to see how he might feel jeopardized.  The foul was not even flagrant IMO.  Wallace pushed him back because they were getting beaten badly at home.  Then Artest is calmed down and the fans pull that bullshit.  He absolutely had every right to enter the stands and when he started getting cheapshotted from behind his teammates did too.  You watch the tape of them leaving the floor and seeing literally every fan near the exits throwing stuff on them and you tell me that your fans aren't 100% disgraceful.

You do when your life is in jeopardy.  Seeing how chairs were flung around later in the fracas you have to see how he might feel jeopardized.  The foul was not even flagrant IMO.  Wallace pushed him back because they were getting beaten badly at home.  Then Artest is calmed down and the fans pull that bullshit.  He absolutely had every right to enter the stands and when he started getting cheapshotted from behind his teammates did too.  You watch the tape of them leaving the floor and seeing literally every fan near the exits throwing stuff on them and you tell me that your fans aren't 100% disgraceful.

Not all of us are, no. Its those few idiots and thats what pisses me off about this. Now generalizations are going to be made like that ignorant one

He absolutely had every right to enter the stands and when he started getting cheapshotted from behind his teammates did too

Guest Bluesman

Wow. There was alot I had missed. I didn't see that fan come on the court, get decked by Artest, and then get dropped by O'Neal. Also, while the guy Artest went after looked like he had a drink, he probably shouldn't have been running his mouth and pointing.

I just skimmed through the pages that went into detail about this melee, and let me just say that I hope the "fans" who incited this are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Expect there to be some fines levied not for the brawl in the stands, but probably for all the pushing and shoving before things got really ugly. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ben Wallace get a 2 or more game suspension for instigating a fight. As for Ron Artest, I won't go into any detail about what will probably happen to him, since I really don't know enough about what happened until I see SportsCenter tonight.

Edited by Magus978

Steven Jackson should be banned from the NBA, he entered the stands without provocation and attacked a fan.

Watch the replay of the O'Neal hit, he punched a different fan than the one that went after Artest.

All three of them will be lucky if they don't see jail time

Wow what did I miss? All this talk of fights, and near riots in the Palace, a place I have enjoyed many Pistons games.

You watch the tape of them leaving the floor and seeing literally every fan near the exits throwing stuff on them and you tell me that your fans aren't 100% disgraceful.

Our fans aren't 100% disgraceful. That was not every one of the Pistons fans throwing trash at the Pacers, only a few of many. Not enough to call all of us disgraceful. A small group (when compares to the thousands of Pistons fans in Michigan and beyond) should never be considered a representation of how all of our fans act.

I did not see what happened, so I'm stuck with everybody's own descriptions of the altercation. Either way, I hate Ron Artest, always have, always will.

Edit - and after reading this from espn.com

Just when it appeared tempers had died down, Artest was struck by a full cup thrown from the stands. He jumped up, and charged into the stands, throwing punches as he climbed over seats.

Fans were punching back, and Jackson and another teammate joined Artest in the melee.

Throwing punches as he climbed over seats? So he was hit by the beer, and flew into the stands throwing wild punches at anybody that got in his way?

Yeah....Artest sure handled that well. :rolleyes:

One more edit....

It sounds like Ben Wallace was pretty fucking frustrated tonight. Wallace should not have pursued Artest after the foul, he should have taken his hard foul and shot his free throws. Yeah, he may be pissed, but forget it, and play the game. Nothing good can ever come from attacking another player. It seems the Pistons are having problems losing their cool lately. Remember the first game of the season and Antonio McDyess?

Edited by VerbalPuke

If I was the NBA, but Im biased here, based on his history; Id give Artest atleast 20 games.  You do not attack fans, and that's what he did, attacked fans.  And the wrong one at that.

The fan struck first. Period.

And somebody's ass had better be spending some jail time. Millionaires or not, the players have the same right to self-defense as you or I.

living in australia... I witnessed the game on ESPN earlier and because i hate Indiana & Detroit i wont be too biased on the whole thing...

After watching replays after replays on sportscenter and everything... I still do not see how Artest was attempting to play at the ball when he fouled Wallace... I do believe that Wallace reacted as any normal person would if they were losing at home by that much but i DO think it was a flagrant foul, because if you watch the foul, one arm is up in the air and the other is been cracked into the back of Wallace's head... I really dont see how that is making a play for the ball...

Just like everyone is whinging about players entering the stands, i dont see why fans should be entering the court either... They are both exactly the same thing...

I do think it was the fans fault that everything erupted and not the players themselves. I am by no means saying what the players did was right cause they probably shouldnt have done it. However i know if i was in the same position i would wanna kick someones ass if they threw shit at me for nothing really...

The fans involved in throwing stuff at Artest & O'Neal were dispicable and i believe they should be banned from The Palace for life...

Artest, Jackson & O'Neal will serve suspensions but i do believe they only deserve 3-5 games suspensions maybe Stephen Jackson with a little more as he had no real reason for entering the stands to beat on the fans other than sticking up for Artest...

I dont really see any need for people to be charged here but i think the NBA really needs to take a step back and look at the security issues they have in arenas...

On another more satisfying note, how great are my Phoenix Suns doing? I think they have what it takes to bring them to the conference finals this season, if not further...

Guest 3115734

See this never happens at Celtics games!

Maybe because there are like six of us.. <_<

But seriously, this was a mess and it was all the fans fault. The fans acted first, players reacted. From there is was just chaos. I would love to see the NBA do something about the security or the arenas now.

Ok, so Artest might have had a right to defend himself, but once he went into the stands, he put the safety of every fan around him in danger and that just can't stand.

If you didn't watch this as it was happening you are seeing a very watered down version of the entire situation. In the Fight in the Palace post I've done to the best of my ability a breakdown of what happened with each person remotely involved with the incident. I know it was crazy but at the end everybody at the bad was calling for a one on one game between James Jones and Darvin Ham to play out the last 45.9 seconds.

Steven Jackson should be banned from the NBA, he entered the stands without provocation and attacked a fan.

Watch the replay of the O'Neal hit, he punched a different fan than the one that went after Artest.

All three of them will be lucky if they don't see jail time

Edited by Javs

Jackson went in there to try to finish off the guy that Artest hit...but he didn't even hit the right guy. Jackson fucked up.

And about the elderly, one lady got trampled when some fuckup decided he was Sabu and was gonna try to hit O'Neal in the face by throwing a chair at him.

Yeah, a teammate who endangered himself. If he was really looking out for Artest, he'd have stopped him from getting into the stands, not follow him in, fists a flyin..

And they won't get jail time? Notice almost ALL the fans they assualted weren't the ones who provoked them.

Maybe Artest and Young Buck can get a package deal on defense attorneys...seeing how they are both rappers and all.

Did anybody see Artest when he was in the tunnel he flashed an Allore CD and said the release date

j/k

But if anybody can find this it would be hilarious...Artest was doing an interview after the Pacers/Hawks game and he was wearing a TO-esque t-shirt promoting his album. Here's the catch though unless this is an attempt to distinguish himself from "Basketball Ron" or something he forgot how to spell his own last name A-R-T-E-S-T-T. That guy needs to be put to sleep.

Maybe Artest and Young Buck can get a package deal on defense attorneys...seeing how they are both rappers and all.

Did anybody see Artest when he was in the tunnel he flashed an Allore CD and said the release date

j/k

But if anybody can find this it would be hilarious...Artest was doing an interview after the Pacers/Hawks game and he was wearing a TO-esque t-shirt promoting his album. Here's the catch though unless this is an attempt to distinguish himself from "Basketball Ron" or something he forgot how to spell his own last name A-R-T-E-S-T-T. That guy needs to be put to sleep.