2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

Right now, the Pistons are down by 13 to the Utah Jazz. Things look bleak, but there is still time left. The point is, if they lose tonight and drop to 3-3, I'm still not going to fret. I think Larry Brown's absence is being felt right now, as is Ben Wallace's. If the Pistons continue to falter with Brown, then the red flags can go up.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you kidding me? I dont think its Atlanta who sucks right now......*points at the pic on his sig*...they suck right now. A new season, a new chance and they still arent CONSISTENT in keeping the lead on the second half as we saw in the LAC-CHI match tonight. I really doubt they will win the next 7 games cause hell the Chicago thanksgiving 7 game tour in the western conference is gonna kill them. They havent won any games in that trip for like...5 seasons already. Unless Curry can keep that performance he had(in the first half) for the next 7 games, ok maybe they can win.

Top 5 Worst Teams in the League

1. Atlanta Hawks (no positive comments)

2. Chicago Bulls (Luol Deng is filthy)

3. Charlotte Bobcats (on the rise though)

4. Golden State Warriors (Mike Montgomery...what were you thinking?)

5. New Orleans Hornets (just because they lost to the Hawks)

That has to be one of the harshest butcherings of a name I'v ever seen, but from things I've read plus just knowing certain players temperments, if anybody is gonna get out of that clusterfuck that is currently the New Orleans Hornets it will be Baron Davis. He wanted out before this season because he was unhappy with the measures that the team's management took towards making the team a competitive one in the Western Conference. He's hurt right now but when he recovers look for B-Diddy to try to hit the high road. But with Magloire, I feel bad for him. P.J. Brown is garbage so when the ball goes down low, the D just collapses on Magloire. He gets beat up because he is New Orleans' only down low option. I read one thing during the preseason about Phoenix trading Jake Voskuhl, Joe Johnson, and a pick for Magloire, George Lynch, and a higher pick, but with how Phoenix is rolling right now and how New Orleans has shit the bed...I don't forsee that trade being talked up again. Besides, nobody can be worse than the Hawks...right?

Guest Bluesman

That would have been a crap trade. Quality big men are much harder to find than a 2/3 who can put up 18 ppg.

I'm a little pissed, as I had a deal in my fantasy league where I dealt Davis for Dwayne Wade...the guy backed out because "Davis is injured"...SO IS WADE YOU DIPSHIT. Errrr...

Any possible destinations for Davis?

As a Piston fan, Im embarassed. Its a disgrace. But, this is not how we act. A couple of idiots have given the Palace crowd a bad name. But this is not all on our hands. That nut Ron Artest started everything. Cheap shot on Ben Wallace then he went into the stands. I dont care if he got beer thrown at him. You do not go into the stands. Then Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal sucker punching people left and right. The Piston fans are at fault here but its not like the Pacers are innocent either. One idiot ruins the best fans in the NBA's repuation. This is just shameful and Im embarassed

As a Piston fan, Im embarassed.  Its a disgrace.  But, this is not how we act.  A couple of idiots have given the Palace crowd a bad name. But this is not all on our hands.  That nut Ron Artest started everything.  Cheap shot on Ben Wallace then he went into the stands.  I dont care if he got beer thrown at him.  You do not go into the stands. Then Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal sucker punching people left and right.  The Piston fans are at fault here but its not like the Pacers are innocent either.  One idiot ruins the best fans in the NBA's repuation.  This is just shameful and Im embarassed

As a Piston fan, Im embarassed.  Its a disgrace.  But, this is not how we act.  A couple of idiots have given the Palace crowd a bad name. But this is not all on our hands.  That nut Ron Artest started everything.  Cheap shot on Ben Wallace then he went into the stands.  I dont care if he got beer thrown at him.  You do not go into the stands. Then Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal sucker punching people left and right.  The Piston fans are at fault here but its not like the Pacers are innocent either.  One idiot ruins the best fans in the NBA's repuation.  This is just shameful and Im embarassed

And fans have a right to go onto the court?

Artest was an idiot for laying on the scorer's table rather than going to stand around the free throw line or somewhere else out of the way, but if I'm getting a beer chucked at me because Ben Wallace and the Piston fans are frustrated because my team just handed them their asses, you're damn right I'm gonna let somebody know how I feel about it.

Because Artest is the new Rodman (even though he deserves all the unwanted notoriety he's getting), he'll probably get 10 games out of this, while Wallace may get one, even though him shoving Artest over a non-flagrant foul started the whole damn thing.

By the time the dust settles here, the Pacers may not be able to field a team between injuries and suspensions. It'll be time to suit Carlisle back up.

None of the players are at fault here, not Wallace or Artest the fans simply over reacted and were just being complete a**holes about the whole situation. I am in no way saying all of the Pistons fans are like that, but the group of fans that did do all of that should never be allowed to another NBA game.

If I was the NBA, but Im biased here, based on his history; Id give Artest atleast 20 games.  You do not attack fans, and that's what he did, attacked fans.  And the wrong one at that.

The fan struck first. Period.

And somebody's ass had better be spending some jail time. Millionaires or not, the players have the same right to self-defense as you or I.

That fight was fuckin crazy. I don't blame Artest for defending himself though. He was trying to stay out of all of it when some idiot from the crowd threw a beer at him, I'd be pist too. I'm just wondering why Jackson got into the fight, plus Jackson and Artest did beat up the wrong fan so some shit could happen there. Also Jermaine O'Neal decked some guy good while Fred Jones I think got attacked by some fatass. The brawl has to be the craziest in sports ever. And people say us Philly fans are the worse.

If I was the NBA, but Im biased here, based on his history; Id give Artest atleast 20 games.  You do not attack fans, and that's what he did, attacked fans.  And the wrong one at that.

The fan struck first. Period.

And somebody's ass had better be spending some jail time. Millionaires or not, the players have the same right to self-defense as you or I.

You do when your life is in jeopardy. Seeing how chairs were flung around later in the fracas you have to see how he might feel jeopardized. The foul was not even flagrant IMO. Wallace pushed him back because they were getting beaten badly at home. Then Artest is calmed down and the fans pull that bullshit. He absolutely had every right to enter the stands and when he started getting cheapshotted from behind his teammates did too. You watch the tape of them leaving the floor and seeing literally every fan near the exits throwing stuff on them and you tell me that your fans aren't 100% disgraceful.