2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

Guest Bluesman

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? The Lakers are on national t.v. 3 of the first 4 nights of the regular season?

Fuck Latrell Sprewell, that greedy, self-centered piece of shit. Guess what asshole, you aren't a 14 mil a year player, take your 9 mil and shut your damn mouth. And saying shit like:

"If they don't want to pay me, why would I want to stay here and risk injury and sit there and be with nothing, no contract? If something happens to me, who is going to look out for Spree then? Nobody...Why would I want to help them win a title? They're not doing anything for me. I've got a lot at risk here. I've got my family to feed. Anything can happen; it's a long season. You never know."

It is a long season, and you never know...you might have a horrible encounter with a pissed off fan who takes a baseball bat to your knee. Dick.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluesman

Hahaha, you're kidding, right? Kobe won't be taking the Lakers anywhere except to an early summer vacation. The Western Conference is going to be very, VERY competitve, and you're going to immediately hand the Lakers a playoff seed over better TEAMS because of one player? The Blazers, Jazz, and Suns, all teams that failed to make the playoffs, are better. The 7th and 8th seeds, Rockets and Nuggets, improved their team as well.

I've got bad news for you. Kobe isn't Jordan. And he never will be.

I disagree with that notion. Lakers are still a sure hit to the playoffs if not getting the top spot at their division. Sure their division might be stronger this year since Shaq is gone there. But I think Kobe has a lot to prove. And well..George and Kobe might be the only remaining people from their 3-peat team but they have good additions like Odom and Butler and even....Mihm. *shudders*

Yeah sadly Kobe aint Jordan...cause Jordan would have kept his hormones in check and not make love with some girl in Denver. Wait, isnt Denver the Lakers' opponents tonight? Damn talk about wierd. But hey Lakers still have a chance to get to the playoffs. Its like saying a Laker team without Kareem not making it into the playoffs, but they did.

Lamar Odom is very good. They still have Kobe. Butler will be alright. Grant and Vlade can holster that Center position.

Here are the guaranteed locks IMO: Spurs, Kings, Rockets, T-Wolves, Mavs, Suns, Nuggets

Are you telling me that the Lakers will not get into the playoffs over the Jazz?

actually I doubt Divac could come in time to save his spot. Man I shuddered earlier when I saw Mihm playing THAT good. That was just SCARRY

If Divac will stay longer in the injured list, I can see that young hoss(mihm) do a good job in replacing shaq. Scarry in the sense that it made the Shaq deal actually in the favor of LA than in Miami by a little margin upon trading payton to Boston. But then again, its still an early season, its still their first win. I dunno, it would be better though if Divac would not have been injured. It would have been so, nostalgic to see him wear his Laker uniform again.

But in that game with Denver, you can say Denver played HORRIBLY in the first half or LA was lucky that Lenard got injured or something. But hey, LA showed us they can manage without O'Neal.

LA over the Jazz? That is still something I cant quite say. You see...both Utah and LA are still favored to go to the playoffs. Utah has some good editions with Boozer and Okur. Since the west is more competitive in the east anything can happen. But both Utah and LA can manage to get in the playoffs this year IMO.

Nothing like seeing some Detroit Basketball in person. The Pistons game tonight was great. They had a nice little ceremony where the team recieved their championship rings, and the championship banners were raised. The crowd really ate up the whole event, and the entire game. The starting five looked great tonight, and the bench did their part with tight defense. Basically, they looked like the typical Pistons of last year, but even sharper as the game wore on. Although, McDyess's ejection was a bonehead play on his part. Yao and T-Mac got the Kobe and Shaq treatment.

Edit - I also wanted to mention that when the players accepted their rings, they were all wearing replica's of the World Championship on Raw. Apparently it was Sheed's idea, and he had them all made with the players nicknames on them.

Edited by VerbalPuke

No, but I saw the results and didnt believe my eyes. Cause I thought Artest was gonna sit out of the game for sure. Yet, he was the one who helped indiana score the win. And to think, they want him out of that team. Sure Artest has some few eccentricities(sp?) to him, but hey hes still sane. We just have to wait for him to dye his hair and wear a wedding gown to assume he aint sane no more.

The Jazz-Lakers match, man that was a man-slaughter. I feel sorry for LA. Andre kicked serious ass there. I dunno, I like both teams, but I like Utah more since they got Okur now. Which I want to say, chipped in some assists(4). Damn, if the other guys in the north west are THAT competitive, its gonna be one hell of a division to watch out for this season.

Guest Bluesman

The Rockets are nothing to brag about right now, as they're still not used to playing one another. Putting 100 up on the Pistons though, that's something to be happy about. The fact that Marshall hasn't done much has to either be a positive or a negative, depending on the way you look at it.

There is no need for Pistons fans to panic, despite a loss to the Raptors. Putting up 100 on the Pistons is very impressive to say the least, so much credit to them. They are only the second team in the last 50 some odd games to do that (the other being NJ in the Triple over-time playoff game). The Pistons managed to bounce back and beat the Sixers convincingly (the game was not as close as the score indicated). I think once the Pistons bench begins to click, they'll see a significant increase in points, and could become a potent offense. One thing to keep note of right now is that Larry Brown has been in the hospital the last few days due to hip replacement surgery.

Im giddy. Im going the World's Premier Sports & Entertainment Complex (VerbalPuke will get that) tonight. And its bobbles night

What kind of bobblehead did they pass out? And for the record, I love the Palace, every seat in the house is great.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Dont believe in the Raptors...the winner of the Atlantic division will have no more than 45 wins...write that down. They will break down as they do every year (outside that one conference finals run) and as Mike Tyson so elequently put it "fade into Bolivian". I think the most solid team in that division is Boston, and being a Knicks fan that pains me to say. They are the best rounded team in the second worst division in basketball and should easily wrap up the 3 seed. If they don't they'll just be being the new Celtics again.

And for the Pistons repeating...it looks very solid as now Ben Wallace has learned how to score...not well but better than he used to be able to. Also Indiana has shit the bed and their rash of injuries will set back their season.

And for all Hornets fans out there, all 7 of you, find a new team because last night your team lost to the HAWKS...worse than the Bobcats, worse than the Nets, Holy Shit...THE HAWKS.

I am starting a petition right here and now to contract the Hawks, they are an embarrasment to professional basketball and have been for about 8 years running now and should be put out of their misery.

SIGNATURE #1

Jonnycomelately