2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Josh Smith a something special for the Hawks, 10 blocks for a rookie in a single game, and he came out of high school. Kid has hops, but needs to improve on shooting. too bad we lost 90-69.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Raptors seem happy to have Vince gone as they put a big boy beatdown on the Nets last night. Before the game they were talking to Raptors players and to paraphrase the sentiment of how they felt about Carter it was "I'm glad he's gone, I wish him all the best but he still stinks." Both teams really didn't help themselves with this trade though, as Mourning will not report to the Raptors and both the Williams have been banged up as of late and may not play significant minutes for a week or two. Just hope Toronto uses those picks well and one of those guys puts a pair of chinnuts on Carter on a dunk one time then tells him that he's a scrub.

Suns are on a roll..yep I know that.

Speaking of teams having a winning streak, I'm surprised Chicago actually pulled off its first 4 game win streak since 97-98. Man,this seasons roster of the bulls aint that good like in the 02-03 but STILL they got a 4 win streak. Guess they might get another win to make it five straight.....then again their next opponent is Detroit...ok forget about it.

Hm, I see Shaq aint in the boston game. Does that mean he wont be with the team when they will face LA(Lakers) or is he just taking a rest from the boston game and will be active on the next game?

Oh you better believe Shaq will play Christmas Day, and he's gonna try to get like a quadruple double and score 50 just to show up Kobe. It's gonna be ridiculous, the Heat are gonna put up 120 points. LA watch out.

Tonight, Allen Iverson goes for 50 points in his third straight game and why shouldn't he? This is not the Pacers of old and noone else on Iverson's team can score. Better yet why can't Iverson score 50 a game for the rest of the season...ooops injured.

And somebody please pull the plug on the Atlantic Division, these teams are dead.

The Atlantic Division represents all those 5-9 teams trying to get the last playoff spot. The winner of the division represents the winner of the NFC West, a division winner with a record under .500 (you know Seattle is gonna choke.)

The Knicks currently lead the division at 13-12 and would get the 3rd seed. Just sad I say.

VOTE JAMAL CRAWFORD TO THE ALL STAR GAME!!!

NEW YORK -- Jermaine O'Neal won a 10-game reduction Wednesday in his suspension for fighting with fans during the Nov. 19 Pacers-Pistons brawl, but an arbitrator upheld NBA commissioner David Stern's bans on Ron Artest and two other Indiana players.

Arbitrator Roger Kaplan's decision makes O'Neal eligible to return Saturday, when the Pacers host the Pistons in the teams' first matchup since one of the most violent melees in NBA history.

It was unclear whether the NBA would recognize Kaplan's authority to intervene. The league refused to participate in the arbitration hearing Kaplan conducted Dec. 9.

The NBA had no immediate comment.

Guest Bluesman

Bulls win 5th straight...Baron Davis returns, which is nice, however it would have been nicer if I would have known about it so I could play him on my fantasy team.

The Bobcats have 7 wins already. It seems like yesterday when all the "experts" were talking about them challenging for the worst record ever.

Good to see that the night after they handled by T-Wolves, the Cavs lose to the Nets. Does that mean the Nets would kick our asses if we played? Probably...

Guest BacknBlackHoez

NBA's Eastern Conference = NFL's NFC.....few good teams, rest....suck.

You just figured out that the East is weak? Wow, welcome to like 1998. Let me guess, next you're gonna tell us that the ball is round?

I still can't believe that Alley-oop pass came from Jabari Smith. The fucking Knicks though they are going to be the death of me...three straight possessions they run plays for Allan Houston, who can barely move let alone lift to shoot. Three airballs (one hit the backboard only but technically is an airball because it didn't restart the shotclock). I hate this team, they do nothing but cause me grief. The sad thing though is at 13-13, they are still in first place. Just sad I say. Just sad.

I can't be the only one that thinks the Nets are the new Wizards....

RJ and Jamison are tied, I wouldn't mind either of them, but right now I'd take Hughes over Carter and Kidd over Arenas despite him being the way he is, the only difference is the Wizards have a slightly better front court, with Haywood in the middle.

when do the Heat and Suns play?Thats the only interesting game yet to happen right now to my knowledge.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Mavericks Interest In Payton?

Fort Worth Star-Telegram (registration required): "The Mavericks could be one of the many teams to enter the Glove Sweepstakes, if and when Payton hits the market."

Edited by BacknBlackHoez

yep...I agree in that desperate rumor...not cause its true...cause the writer is desperate to write the rumor. I just wonder who would the sixers give in exchange for Walker if it is true? Korver and Big Dog? Hope not, cause hes the only one reason why I sit down 2 hours in a sixers game on NBA TV.

They say the Denver coach got fired. Too bad, he was just fired at the wrong time. I guess this is the usual case of GMs and Coaches not having the same style and goal for the team. Its like the thing that happen between Paxson and Cartwright last year.

Moiso is with New Jersey tonight..just played 1 minute though in the first. Carter is not that good so far with just 6 points in the first half...but we will see later if he can get hot in the second half. I know he can do better...cause Kidd aint(0-2). (But Kidd has 6 rebounds so far)

Edited by D-Extreme