2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

Guest Bluesman

HOLY SHIT...Webber has been dealt to the Sixers...

A league source has confirmed that Chris Webber has been traded to the Sixers. Webber, along with Matt Barnes and Michael Bradley will go to the Sixers in exchange for Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson, and Brian Skinner. More details as they are available.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Sixers get:

Chirs Webber

Matt Barnes

Michael Bradely

Kings get:

Kenny Thomas

Corliss Williamson

Brian Skinner

fucking shit! my Kings dismantled! iv loved C-Webb since his very first choke, and now he's gone! THE FUCK! A.I. got what he wanted, now i see 76ers vs. Pistons for the East title.

Guest Bluesman

This was a horrible deal all around. No young talent, and they get guys like Thomas (5 years), Skinner (3 years) and Williamson (2 years) who don't have expiring contracts. Geez, and I thought the Vikes got raped on the Moss deal.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

damn, i feel i need to rant on this shit! Kings have been my favorite team for a while now. Peja bitched the whole summer that he wanted out & that he had problems with C-Webb. C-Webb has been a beast so far, i hope Peja gets his ass of the injured list and does something. I dont think Bibby's gonna like this at all.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Detroit, Miami (if Shaq's healthy)

Shareef Abdur-Rahim was activated tonight, im just guessing it was a move to have himself one more game to get other teams a good look at him. Id say Shareef is gone by tomorrow at 2 o'clock.

Webber is a 76er :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Webber will just do the 4 like Thomas/Williamson only better, skinner wasn't really a main player in the team so he isn't gonna be a big loss either.

I didn't know about the trade until i've read it here on EWB.

It seems like this is usefull afterall :shifty:

When i first saw it though, i had the strange feeling for some reason that Korver would be off to the Kings. Since i've heard all those talks about peja leaving and all, thougt they might need a 3-pt although nothing like Peja in the inside, but since the inside forward would be guaranteed by Odom anyway, maybe it wouldn't mean much.

Well, this was just a quick and inaccurate thinking i did from reading "Webber to the Sixers" until i actually started reading the rest of the news. It doesn't matter anyway. Nothing has happened and i'm happy for it. Maybe the sixers have a chance to get another east conference title to AI now. :)

Guest Bluesman

New York Knicks-San Antonio Spurs-Houston Rockets: The Knicks are in the process of adding more big salaries to their roster.

Two league sources told ESPN Insider Chad Ford that New York has traded Nazr Mohammed and Jamison Brewer to the Spurs for Malik Rose and a first-round pick.

The Knicks also traded Vin Baker and Moochie Norris to the Rockets for Maurice Taylor and a first-round pick, Ford reports.

The Hawks Thursday sent Antoine Walker back to the Celtics in return for Gary Payton, Michael Stewart and Tom Gugliotta, league sources told ESPN Insider Chad Ford.

2004-2005 SEASON STATISTICS

GM  PPG  RPG  APG  FG%  FT%

53  20.4  9.4  3.7  .415  .534

Walker is averaging 20.4 points in over 40 minutes a game this season. He played for the Celtics from 1996 to 2003.

Payton, who reluctantly came to the Celtics in a summer trade from the Lakers, reportedly was in talks with the Celtics about a contract extension. Payton is eligible to become a free agent after this season.

Payton, in his 15th season in the NBA, has started all 54 games this season for the Celtics averaging 32.8 minutes a game.

Edited by sahyder1

Davis and JRich should tear up next year.

76ers are fucking nasty right now, getting C-Webb?!Hell, they could just use C-Webb as a passing presence (to AI2 and Korver, even Dalembert) man the Sixers have a nasty core for the future.

Van Horn to the Mavericks means the Mavs are going ahead of the Kings (who still have a strong core of Bibby, Peja, Mobley and Miller) but I honestly think they got rid of Webber to go younger, and with C-Webb, it's a 50/50 shot he'll last.I mean, the Kings have been resting Webber every now and again for his knee, can the Sixers be able to do that?

And Walker for Payton is fucked, as this halts the progress of Al Jefferson, where he'll probably be stuck behind Blount and Walker.Fuck you, Ainge.You don't need Walker, dumbass.A West/Allen/Davis or Pierce/Jefferson/LaFrentz core would dominate, much like the Baby Bulls in a couple years.

The Sixers lost to the knicks today. Allen Iverson would have such a huge apg average if it wasn't for the incredible lack of ability to score of most of the rest of the team. hopefully Webber will change that. I don't care if the press will go back to saying Iverson is selfish or whatever. Iverson NEEDS to shoot on every half chance he gets.

I'm quite surprised to see that the Bucks dealt Mike James. It appeared that he was giving them a nice spark off the bench, and is also a tough scrappy defender. Then again I don't know much about Reece Gaines and what he can add to their team.

This also means that the Rockets have three former Pistons back ups in Jon Barry, Bobby Sura, and Mike James. James and Sura were both involved in the deal last year that brought Rasheed Wallace to Detroit.

Guest Brady_3for3

Slow down yall, Webber going to Philly makes them the favorite in the Atlantic, nothing more. Webber is playing on one leg, has never won a damn thing, and stays out at the perimiter rather than under the hoop. Webber is not a dominant Power Forward. You tell me he can take on Shaq, or Jermaine O'Neal, or the Wallaces? You know why the Kings traded Webber, he's too slow. He bogged down their offense and Allen Iverson isn't the best guy playing in the half court. Webber is choke artist and insures that Philly will lose to Detroit or Miami in the 2nd rounf

Iverson is still the man in Philadelphia, all Webber does is give them that top flight second scoring option when Iverson decides to have one of his 7-33 shooting nights. Iverson dropped 48 last night on the Bucks and Webber has proved so far that he is the compliment that Iverson needed to propel this team to the top of the weakest division in professional sports. People like Korver, Dalembert, McKie, and Green need to step up their games another level if this team is going to make any type of playoff push.

Credit to the Detroit Free Press for this information regarding Elden Cambell's return to Detroit.

BY PERRY A. FARRELL

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Elden Campbell appears headed back to the Pistons.

After days of posturing, the New Jersey Nets waived Campbell, and he will be a Piston by Thursday if he clears waivers.

The move cost Campbell $500,000 in a buyout.

Campbell, 36, was waived Tuesday, so he would be eligible for the playoffs. He could provide valuable bench help in a potential showdown with Shaquille O'Neal and the Miami Heat. Midnight Tuesday was the deadline for players to be waived and still be included on a new team's playoff roster.

"I talked to him last night, and he's happy," said guard Lindsey Hunter. "The Big Easy is back. It took a little longer than we thought. At one time we didn't think it was going to happen, but it is just good to have our guy back. Everybody is happy, I know that much."

Campbell, a 7-foot, 279-pound center, played for the Pistons last season and part of this season, until they traded him to Utah. The Jazz then waived him, and the Nets picked him up, though he wanted to return to Detroit.

Campbell was forced to leave about $500,000 with the Nets in a buyout. The Nets owed him $1.2 million and paid him $700,000. If he clears waivers and signs with the Pistons, he will have a prorated contract of about $325,000.

Though Campbell stands to lose about $125,000 in salary, he would recoup some of his losses if the Pistons make a long playoff run. Campbell had 48 hours to clear waivers before the team could sign him.

"There was a time when I didn't think this was going to get done," said guard Chauncey Billups, "but I'm glad he's able to come back. I was happy with the guys we had and thought we had a chance to accomplish our goal of winning another championship, but this just makes it better with Elden back.

"I'm happy for his family because they've been in Detroit with that bad weather. Now he has the chance to be with his family and come back to us. I feel complete with Elden back."

The Pistons traded Campbell and a first-round draft pick to Utah for point guard Carlos Arroyo in January. The Pistons knew Utah would waive Campbell and were hoping he would clear waivers and return to the team, but the Nets claimed him. At New Jersey, Campbell essentially sat at the end of the bench.

He will give the Pistons a bulky backup to big men Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace.

"It's great," said coach Larry Brown. "It took a little longer than we would've liked, but I appreciated Rod Thorn doing that for him. He has his family in Detroit.

"He's probably in his last year, and it would be a nice way for him to end it, finishing with these guys."

Thorn, the Nets' chief executive officer, said he wasn't doing the Pistons any favors in releasing Campbell. Thorn thought coach Lawrence Frank would play Campbell more.

In the 21 games Campbell played with the Pistons this season before the trade, including one start, he averaged 4.2 points and 2.8 rebounds.

BROWN HONORED: Brown is NBA coach of the month after the Pistons went 9-1 in February.

This is great news for the Pistons if he can clear waivers. I'd love to have Elden Cambell back in a Pistons uniform, as he will bolster an already potent bench with McDyess and Arroyo. The Pistons beat the Blazers last night winning their 8th game in a row, and now it appears the Big Easy is heading back to the Motor City. The last two months have been such a stark contrast to the begining of the season for the Pistons. We are really looking unstoppable heading towards the playoffs and with Cambell's return it gives us another big body to rotate on Shaq should we see Miami in the playoffs.

Iverson is still the man in Philadelphia, all Webber does is give them that top flight second scoring option when Iverson decides to have one of his 7-33 shooting nights.  Iverson dropped 48 last night on the Bucks and Webber has proved so far that he is the compliment that Iverson needed to propel this team to the top of the weakest division in professional sports.  People like Korver, Dalembert, McKie, and Green need to step up their games another level if this team is going to make any type of playoff push.