Must... Buy... Apple..... Ipod.

K

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I've got £60 lying around from money that I didn't spend on Christmas presents, and apparently I'm not allowed to spend it on drink, so I'm thinking I could either save it and buy a real decent player, or find one of those cheap 512mb pen drive style mp3 players to buy now (I've kinda admitted to myself that I don't really need loads of space, since the only real time I'll be using it is on the bus on my travels).

So any suggestions?

I've got £60 lying around from money that I didn't spend on Christmas presents, and apparently I'm not allowed to spend it on drink, so I'm thinking I could either save it and buy a real decent player, or find one of those cheap 512mb pen drive style mp3 players to buy now (I've kinda admitted to myself that I don't really need loads of space, since the only real time I'll be using it is on the bus on my travels).

So any suggestions?

http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=fire...product&pid=826

It's £35, but only holds an hour worth of MP3s. I have one, and it's pretty good if you're only using it for a while. It can be used as a hard drive too, which is my main use for it.

I have space to waste on my 40giger Iriver

:o

I just got an Iriver, but it's only 256KB.

:(

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

256kb? whats that, like 25 seconds of Mp3? quality :shifty:

I'm going to get a 512mb one from eBay I think, but its a bit of a bugger finding a good deal that doesn't come from Hong Kong or any of those other corrupt Asian countries.

A guy at work asked me to fill up his daughters 128mb mp3 player. I tried to hold in my laughter. Fill it up? Ok I've got twelve seconds to spare. I had to rip the songs at a bitrate of less than 64 to get any decent amount on it.

256kb? whats that, like 25 seconds of Mp3? quality

Yes. I meant MB :pinch:

Meh, it holds about 70 songs, which isn't too bad since I doubt I've even got 100 that I'd listen to regularly.

Don't be dissin', Keith.

I have a 64MB mp3 player. It can hold a whole of 20 songs, which doesn't matter, because I never use it and its battery life is utter shite (along 3 hours or so).

So yeah. Money well wasted, I may say myself.

A guy at work asked me to fill up his daughters 128mb mp3 player. I tried to hold in my laughter. Fill it up? Ok I've got twelve seconds to spare. I had to rip the songs at a bitrate of less than 64 to get any decent amount on it.

I had to do that the other day for my step-cousin's daughter's mp3 player. All the songs had to be ripped in wma at 64kb, and even then I only got 70 on. She was thrilled however, so I guess that's what counts.