Transfer Thread

Summers

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Red Devil

Man Utd are reportedly going to make their first move for Mark Shawarzer(Sp?) This week. I don't really like him that much and he's only going to be a short term replacement so i'd rather Fergie bring in someone younger, i'd love to see Seba Frey brought in.

Boumsong is a great signing for Newcastle, almost world class player. His sense of position needs improved but thats just beig picky.

Bargain at £8Mil.

I wouldn't say bargain - seeing as he was signed for free 6 months ago. And I think it's a bit much to ask a player, who has just been playing in the SPL, to sort out one of the worst defenses in the Premiership.

Jusi Jaaskelainen was left out of Bolton's starting line-up yesterday (that saw them draw with WBA) increasing speculation that he'll leave the club. United have reportedly made a £1 Million bid for Middlesbrough's Mark Schwarzer although they say he's not for sale. West Brom manager Bryan Robson is also said to be using his Man Utd connection to secure Eric Djemba-Djemba on loan for the rest of the season. 19 year-old Jonathan Spectors loan move to Blackburn has been put on hold as a result of the current injury 'crisis' that has seen both left-backs Quinton Fortune and John O'Shea pick up injuries.

Thomas Graveson is being linked with a move to Real Madrid by the Spanish news papers accordint to the Sky Sports website.

Um...somehow I don't see that happening. Nothing against Graveson, but I don't see him as "Real material".

Guest The Real Deal

Southampton striker James Beattie has plumped for a switch to Everton, snubbing an offer from Aston Villa.

Struggling Premiership side Southampton accepted bids in the region of £6.5 million from Everton and Villa on Saturday.

Saints boss Harry Redknapp confirmed the England international had 48 hours to make a decision over which club to join.

It now appears the lure of Goodison Park has proved more attractive to Beattie, following talks with both clubs, and he will become Everton's record signing.

The Toffees have confirmed that the powerful front man has agreed to sign and will undergo a medical on Monday.

The greater prospect of European football with Everton next season is likely to have been a prime factor in Beattie's decision to spurn Villa.

He has long been linked with an exit from St Mary's and his impending departure from the club will provide Redknapp with the funds he wants to strengthen the squad, with the aim of keeping Southampton in The Premiership.

For Redknapp's opposite number at Everton - David Moyes - Beattie's arrival could prove to be his sole signing in January's transfer window.

Moyes admits that his other transfer targets may all be out of his reach until the summer as he looks to bring European football back to Goodison.

"We'd like to add one or two if we can but I don't think it will happen because a lot of targets may not be available until the summer," said Moyes.

"But if there's something out there then we'll do our best to get them. We're looking and we're trying to be active."

Edited by The Real Deal

Good signing for Everton, but I guess Marcus Bent has lost his place as I only ever see Everton playing with one up top nowadays. It is a great signing though and Beattie will work well in their system.

I just think £6m is a little steep, I always saw him in the £4m-£5m range.

Edited by Gooner4Life

I dont really rate Beattie that good, he had ONE good year and all of a sudden his reputation is pretty high. Bent started off pretty well but as gone abit dodgy lately and hasnt had a good run, who knows maybe he wil become a huge hitman at Goodison Park

I dont really rate Beattie that good, he had ONE good year and all of a sudden his reputation is pretty high. Bent started off pretty well but as gone abit dodgy lately and hasnt had a good run, who knows maybe he wil become a huge hitman at Goodison Park

Edited by fineintent