Transfer Thread

Summers

It's almost January. And that means a busy time for Premiership clubs, and an interesting time for fans.

This thread is for people to post rumours they've heard floating around, or, articles they've around, abour possible transfers coming up.

Thus far, on the Villa front. I've heard we're going after Amdy Faye, which I read in the paper today, seems possible. Which I think would be a great buy. We're also, apparantly, after Jermaine Pennant. I've also heard rumours of going for Robbie Keane, but I doubt Spurs are going to sell him. Doubt strongly.

So, what have you guys heard?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle and Liverpool were both apparantly after Matthew Upson. But I think their interested died down.

Apparantly, Villa were interested in Scott Parker. But he got injured, didn't he? Or something, I dunno.

Cole would be great for any club, he's someone I hoped O'Leary would have enquired about.

Still rumours about Barcelona buying Tacchinardi from us in January. He hasn't really played for us as of late but when he has I've always thought he was pretty good. So I'm hoping he stays with us to be honest, although if we were to sell him early in January then we could probably have the cash to buy another young midfielder or defender. Our defence is rock solid but we do need backup, because apprently Lulliano and Legrottaglie are leaving the club in January.

I've read how we are interested in some guy called Gonzalo Rodriguez who plays for Villarreal. Never really seen him, anyone know if he's any good? He's only 20 so I would be quite interested in seeing what works out here. Although apprently we wont be buying anyone till the end of the season, whether that's true or not I don't know.

There are rumors that Joaquin of Betis will be arriving at Chelsea, although both the player and the club president has come out and denied it.

Manchester United's Jonathan Spector may be shipped out on loan, with rumors that several Championship sides and West Brom are interested.

There are rumours going around that Mark Schwarzer is set for Man Utd although i daubt it as Carroll is set for a new deal at Old Trafford.

Joaquin is set for Chelsea in the summer though, they cant quite settle a deal ATm but they said come back soon (In the transfer window)

Apparently (my brother told me, crappy source) both Man Utd and Arsenal are after Jussi Jaaskelainen.

Personally, he'd be welcomed to Highbury with open arms by me. He's a fantastic 'keeper, although I don't see him moving, at least not in January.

There's a load of keepers linked with both clubs. Those already mentioned plus the likes of Cuducini and Given. Should be an interesting January sales.

Apparently Blackburn are gonna sign South African captain Aaron Mokoena for around £600,000.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/4121373.stm

Stupid people, there are other leagues y'know, not just the Prem :(

I would like us to bring in a new central defender and a new forward. Maybe a new right winger because Wayne Carlisle has really random form.

Ajax signed Angelos Charisteas today, you might know him from the winning goal in the EC final against Portugal.

He is a very good striker and was underused at Bremen (I blame Matzat) I hope he can make Ajax champion. Atleast he is good infront of the goal as Ajax was missing that.

So far I've heard United to be linked with Edu, Stewart Downing and Thomas Graveson. Apparently they're also keane to sign who the papers are considering the 'next Reyes', Sergio Ramos but will reportedly have competition in Arsenal for the signing.

As far as keepers, United have been linked with quite a few and with Roy Carrol's contract expiring and all faith in Tim Howard being lost, It wouldn't be surprising if they spent whatever remaining transfer money they had on a new keeper.

I've heard the following to be interested parties;

Cudicini

Jaaskelainen

Van Der Sar

Frey

Niemi

Given

Spurs for Joe Cole :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

well why not take more players from the inferior side of london (west spam)

Defoe , Kanoute <_< , Carrick

Spurs need another centre back , Weve got Ledley but Naybet isnt good enough and is too old to play against fast strikers . Anthony Gardner :shifty: , Bunjenevic :shifty: , I Can see us getting the two chelsea players were supposed to be (Cole And Huth) on loan until the end of the season until they rip us off and give us Cole And Huth and a few Quid for Defoe and Ledley

Guest The Real Deal

I read that Villa were after a Nottingham Forest defender whom Man United were interested in but it died down and Villa are willing to pay 5.6m for him.

I can't remember his name, I hope this isn't a waste of cash for us.

I read that Villa were after a Nottingham Forest defender whom Man United were interested in but it died down and Villa are willing to pay 5.6m for him.

I can't remember his name, I hope this isn't a waste of cash for us.

Matt Dawson ? . Played England U21 For ages . im no forest fan but always bought him on CM03/04