WWE: Deception

pr0c32

TuRBO Preview | January 19, 2005

The Turboweight Title will be on the line tonight in a Triple Threat match featuring Doug Basham, Akio, and Brent Clifton! Which superstar will walk out the Turboweight Champion?

Also in action tonight, we'll get to see Eugene facing off against Smackdown's Shannon Moore! Will the challenged, but purehearted Eugene manage to defeat the punk Shannon Moore?

TuRBO will also be airing a special Royal Rumble promo featuring some of the superstars participating in the Royal Rumble!

Confirmed Matches

Eugene vs. Shannon Moore

Doug Basham© vs. Akio vs. Brent Clifton - Turboweight Championship

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE TuRBO

JANUARY 19, 2005

[Whoosh! Whoosh! Purple beams of light flash across the ramp and around the arena as the crowd cheers and makes noise for the camera. We cut the announcers' table where Bill DeMott and Coach are sitting]

--------------------------

Coach: Welcome to the second exciting edition of Wednesday Night Coach!

DeMott: Turbo, Coach.

Coach: Excuse me?

DeMott: It's Wednesday Night Turbo.

Coach: No it's not.

DeMott: Folks, don't pay attention to the popcorn fart. Instead, get ready for two exciting matches as well as special interviews with some of the superstars participating in the Royal Rumble!

Coach: Bill, you're such a lo-

DeMott: Shut up, Coach.

SINGLES MATCH

EUGENE vs. SHANNON MOORE

This match was quite good as Eugene began to move more and more away from his “gimmick” move set and began to use a more technical move set. This mixed with Moore's Cruiserweight move set made for a good, fun match. In the end it was Moore who tricked Eugene before taking him down with a Halo.

[After the match, Shannon Moore and Eugene hugged each other to a good pop from the crowd]

DeMott: What a fine showing of sportsmanship between these two men. That takes real courage to acknowledge your opponent.

Coach: I think they're both sissies. C'mon! This is the WWE! We don't have time for sissies.

DeMott: Then what are you still doing here, Coach? You should've been released a long time ago.

Coach: That's not funny, Bill. That's not funny at all.

DeMott: [laughs] It is to me. It's hilarious.

Coach: You know what's hilarious? I previewed the interviews this afternoon and it seems that Eugene thinks he's going to win!

INTERVIEWS WITH SOME OF THE PARTICIPANTS

Eugene: “I'm gonna enter the Royal Rumble and see some of my favorite superstars! I hope I win!”

Rey Mysterio: “The Royal Rumble, man. It's the first step to the big one. All the other superstars it doesn't matter what number they enter at, because in the end it's all about 6…1…9”

Craig Williams: “Yeah…I might be a rookie, but does it matter? You're looking at the mainevent of WrestleMania 21!”

Booker T: “Man…there are two more things I have left to do in my career. One of them is to win the Royal Rumble and I'm not going to let 29 other Suckas take that away from me!”

DeMott: All of them seem so confident, but actions speak stronger than words and we're going to see just how strong they are on January 30th!

Coach: Vince still hasn't approved me being the Royal Rumble, but I'm sure he just hasn't had the chance to look it over.

DeMott: Coach…Lillian Garcia has a better chance of winning the Royal Rumble, than you.

Coach: Yeah? Well…

DeMott: Well what?

Coach: Bill…what the hell are you doing looking at me for? You have a match to call!

WWE TURBOWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

AKIO vs. BRENT CLIFTON vs. DOUG BASHAM©

This was one of the most technically sound matches in TuRBO history. Both Akio and Doug Basham got a good reaction, while Clifton received a few claps from the few who recognized him from Armageddon. The ending came after Clifton reversed a Yang Time from Akio and sent him flipping to the outside of the ring. Basham took the advantage and rolled up Clifton from behind with his feet on the ropes! 1…2…3! Basham retains!

DeMott: Doug Basham wins again…that damn cheater!

Coach: Doug Basham wins again…that damn genius!

DeMott: Ladies and Gentlemen, make sure to tune in next week for another exciting edition of TuRBO!

Smackdown Preview | January 20, 2005

Smackdown is sure to be off the chain tonight as nothing, but one match has been confirmed and the rest is up for speculation!

The Royal Rumble begins to get closer and closer and so does the WWE Championship match between Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero! Both these men will be in the building tonight, but what will happen between these two superstars?

For the past months, Heidenreich and Paul Heyman have had their eyes on The Undertaker. Tonight, both men will face The Deadman in a Handicap Match for the ages! Which side will come out victorious and will this be the final resting place for one or the other?

Confirmed Matches

The Undertaker vs. Heidenreich and Paul Heyman

WWE SMACKDOWN

JANUARY 20, 2005

[The opening video plays before the camera pans across the arena, scoping out the fans waiting for a good show tonight. Instead of cutting to the announcers' table, we cut backstage where Theodore Long is standing with a smile on his face]

----------

Long: In one week, we're gonna see fifteen Smackdown superstars mix it up with fifteen Raw superstars, all looking for a chance to mainevent WrestleMania! You betta believe that's gonna be a night of superstars! But that doesn't mean tonight isn't gonna be special, because I've got a card that's stock-full of superstars!

[The crowd pops, but boos as John Cena enters the room]

Cena: Yo! Listen up, Chump. I've been absent from Smackdown for two months and when I come back I don't hear what I want to hear!

Long: And just what's that, Cracka?

Cena: That I should be facing Kurt Angle at The Royal Rumble! I shouldn't have to go past 29 other superstars to earn my short! I earned it! I earned it the second I stepped into the ring!

Long: Playa, you earned nothing! You earned nothing, but a match here tonight against Rob Van Dam! You better go get ready, because your match is up next!

[Long leaves the room as Cena punches the wall in frustration]

----------

Cole: Rob Van Dam taking on John Cena! What a match that's going to be! Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Smackdown and as announced by our General Manager, Theodore Long, we've got quite a show set up here for you tonight!

Tazz: That's right, folks! Coming up tonight, The Undertaker will be in a Handicap Match against Heidenreich and…Paul Heyman!

Cole: I'm sure Paul Heyman would like to get out of that one, Tazz.

----------

SINGLES MATCH

JOHN CENA vs. ROB VAN DAM

This was a fantastic opener with both men putting forth a good effort. John Cena debuted some new heel moves including an extended version of his Five Knuckle Shuffle in which he flicked off the crowd. The ending came when Rob Van Dam climbed onto the top rope for the Five Star Frog Splash, but Carlito came through the crowd and distracted him allowing Cena to hit him with an F-U for the win!

[Afterwards, Carlito came into the ring to congratulate Cena, but received an F-U for his efforts!]

----------

Cole: John Cena accepting nothing from anybody!

Tazz: Now that's the Cena I remember, Cole! Looking out for no one, but himself!

Cole: Well…Ladies and Gentlemen, we'd like to review the past events that have been happening here on Smackdown between Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero.

[A video is shown highlighting the events]

Tazz: But what's going to happen when these two face each other in two weeks?

Cole: We're going to have to wait until The Royal Rumble, Tazz.

----------

NICK GAMBINO'S THE NAME…

[Nick Gambino is standing backstage on a box with a bunch of superstars standing in a crowd around him]

Gambino: You all want respect? You all want matches here on Smackdown?

Crowd: Yeah!

Gambino: You all want me to get you respect?

Crowd: Yeah!

Gambino: Then you're gonna have to do something for me!

[some of the superstars begin to lose interest and walk off. However, there are three superstars that remain behind: Shannon Moore, and The Dudleyz]

Gambino: So what can I do for you, men?

Moore: I want the Cruiserweight Title!

Dudleyz: We want a shot at the Tag Team Titles!

Gambino: Interesting. Well, I've thought ahead and I've got plans for you guys, already. Now listen up.

[All of them huddle up and whisper]

----------

Cole: I'm starting to dislike that Nick Gambino, already.

Tazz: You're just jealous, because no superstar will talk with you, Cole.

Cole: You should be talking, Tazz.

Tazz: I'll be talking…about this match coming up next.

Cole: Up next we have the Cruiserweight Championship on the line in a Survivor Tag Match, whatever that is!

Tazz: You're an idiot, Cole.

Cole: I…

Tazz: No. You're a complete idiot, Cole. A Survivor Tag Match is when it's 2 on 2, but the winning team will face each other for the title. Sheesh.

Cole: I'm sorry…

Tazz: Yeah, you are sorry.

----------

CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

2v2 SURVIVOR TAG MATCH

BILLY KIDMAN & SPIKE DUDLEY vs. CHAVO GUERRERO AND NUNZIO©

This was an excellent match with all the men, except Spike Dudley performing outstandingly well. The real star of this match was easily Billy Kidman who hit all his moves perfectly and didn't botch whatsoever. The first team to be eliminated was the heels, after Nunzio deflected The Dudley Dog before hitting Spike with the Arrivederci.

Afterwards, it switched to Nunzio versus Chavo, which was a nice match with tons of reversals and cool spots. The ending never came as The Dudleyz ran down to the ring followed by Shannon Moore (who was wearing a nice suit and dark glasses). He stood besides the ring and shouted orders to The Dudleyz, who hit the ring and clotheslined Chavo to the outside. Afterwards, both of them hit Nunzio with the 3D as Shannon Moore yelled at him from the outside.

----------

Cole: What the hell! The Dudleyz? Shannon Moore? Working together? Now I've seen everything!

Tazz: I don't think you've seen Little Johnny, Cole. Oh wait, I forgot. You experienced Little Johnny!

Cole: That's enough, Tazz.

Tazz: It'll never be enough, Cole.

----------

I'VE COME A LONG WAY…BUT I'VE NEVER WON

[“Whoa! It's the Big Show” is heard throughout the arena as The Big Show comes to the ring to a HUGE pop from the crowd. He gets into the ring and soaks in the cheers before grabbing a microphone]

Show: In just two weeks I'm going to be stepping into the ring with 29 other men, all looking for a chance to mainevent WrestleMania! Yeah…I know what people are thinking. “He's a monster, but he still doesn't stand a chance.” Yeah, I realize I'm going to be in there with some of the top superstars this business has to offer. I'm going to have to face John Cena, Shawn Michaels, and even The Undertaker! I've beaten all these men before and in case some people have forgotten…I was the last man eliminated last year by that punk Chris Benoit!

[The crowd cheer for Benoit]

Show: Not this time! This time I'm not going to make the same mistake I made last year. This year, I am going to be more dominant than ever! This year…is my year!

[He's about to leave, when Nick Gambino, Shannon Moore, and The Dudleyz come down to the ring]

Gambino: What's all this I hear about being the most dominant one in the Rumble? Alright…I'm not out here to start something…besides a business relationship.

[The crowd boos him]

Gambino: Don't listen to these fools. You're special. You're one of a kind. You're The Big Show! That's why I'm offering to allow you to join me. Join us.

[He points to Moore and The Dudleyz who nod]

Gambino: You see, Big Show. We're all in this together and we're all here to succeed, because those who don't are losers and losers aren't what make this world go around. Now, you're in The Royal Rumble, but guess what? So are we. That means there were four of us you have to constantly worry about. But…if you decide to join us, then you just have to worry about 24 men!

Show: What's in it for me, because all I can hear is a bunch of crap.

[The crowd cheers]

Gambino: Let me remind you something about winning The Royal Rumble. If you win the Royal Rumble, Big Show…you become a marked man. Every superstar will be looking for a chance to take you out, just so they can replace you at WrestleMania! If you join us…that chance of survival increases so much more.

Show: So you're telling me what I'll gain. What's this benefit to you?

Gambino: You guys help me win the Royal Rumble and I guarantee that I will become the WWE Champion at WrestleMania 21! Once my name is in the record books and once my success is guaranteed, it'll be time for you to step up and bask in the glory!

[The crowd boos as Big Show thinks it over]

Gambino: It's your choice. Just let us know next week, Show.

[Gambino snaps his fingers and the group leaves the ring as The Big Show thinks it over]

----------

Cole: Nick Gambino trying to convince The Big Show to join him!

Tazz: I think that Gambino is rather smart, Cole. He's got a point about survival.

Cole: He certainly does, but I think The Big Show can handle himself!

Tazz: The Big Show might be able to, but can The Undertaker? I mean…he's got to face Paul Heyman and Heidenreich later on tonight!

Cole: That's later tonight, but right now we've got a special interview with the #1 Contender for the WWE Championship, Eddie Guerrero!

----------

I'LL SEE YOU IN THE RING…SUCKA!

[Eddie Guerrero is standing backstage with Josh Matthews]

Matthews: Eddie, there's one thing on all our minds. What's up with the sudden bond between you and Kurt Angle in these past weeks?

Guerrero: Well, Esse. I don't know what Kurt's trying to do before our match at the Royal Rumble, but Latino Heat is smarter than Kurt Angle. If Kurt Angle tries to pull a fast one on Eddie Guerrero…I'll be ready.

[booker T walks up from behind and gets in front of Eddie Guerrero]

Guerrero: Booker T! Holmes, what's happening, Amigo?

Booker: Don't give me none of that 'Amigo' crap, Dawg! What's up with you and Kurt Angle? You know he's nothing, but trouble!

Guerrero: Don't worry, Esse! Kurt Angle isn't gonna influence me before my title match at The Royal Rumble!

Booker: Yeah. Oh, and Dawg…I booked us into a match up next. I'll see you in the ring.

[He heads off, but comes back and looks at Josh Matthews]

Booker: Sucka!

----------

Cole: Booker T has booked Eddie Guerrero and himself into a match up next! I wonder who their opponents are going to be!

Tazz: Whoever it is, they had better be careful!

----------

TAG TEAM MATCH

EDDIE GUERRERO AND BOOKER T vs. LUTHER RAINES AND MARK JINDRAK

This was a basic tag match from all four men with the faces dominating the heels, who managed to get some cheap offense in. The crowd was CRAZY for Booker T who managed to make the hot tag to Eddie Guerrero who cleared house. The ending came when Booker T hit the Bookend on Mark Jindrak and went for the pin, but Kurt Angle came running down and stood in the ring. Booker T went to attack Angle, but Angle moved and Booker T tagged in Eddie Guerrero!

Angle hit a quick Angle Slam on Booker T and then one on Eddie Guerrero before dragging Eddie over Jindrak! The referee turned around and 1…2…3!

[Kurt Angle headed up the ramp smiling at Eddie Guerrero who looked pissed]

----------

Cole: Kurt Angle helping Eddie Guerrero! What the hell is going on here?

Tazz: I don't know Cole, but whatever it is, I'm sure we're going to find out sooner or later!

Cole: I hope we do, because I don't want Eddie Guerrero to join Kurt Angle!

Tazz: You don't want anyone to join Kurt Angle, Cole!

----------

ARE YOU READY, PAUL?

[Heidenreich and Paul Heyman are backstage]

Heidenreich: Paul! We've got The Undertaker next in a Handicap Match!

Heyman: I know, Heidenreich.

Heidenreich: What's the matter, Paul? You've been wanting the Undertaker for a long time now! Look happy!

Heyman: You don't know The Undertaker. He's a monster. He's more of a monster than you!

Heidenreich: What? No one is more of a monster than me!

[He storms out of the room with Heyman looking from behind]

----------

Cole: We're going to see The Undertaker versus Heidenreich and Paul Heyman up next!

Tazz: That's gonna be off the chain!

----------

1v2 HANDICAP MATCH

THE UNDERTAKER v. HEIDENREICH and PAUL HEYMAN

The crowd was going NUTS for The Undertaker who dominated this entire match. The whole match was pretty much Heidenreich against The Undertaker, in which Heidenreich took a punishment. In the last few minutes, Heidenreich made a surprise tag to Heyman before rolling out of the ring and escaping into the crowd. Heyman watched in fear as Undertaker grabbed him and tossed him into the ring.

The Undertaker swiftly picked up Heyman and nailed him with the Tombstone Piledriver to pick up the win!

----------

Cole: The Undertaker won! Ladies and Gentlemen, make sure to catch the last stop before the Royal Rumble, next week here on Smackdown!

----------

Raw Preview | January 24, 2005

This is the last stop before The Royal Rumble, where fifteen Raw superstars and fifteen Smackdown superstars will have a chance to win a slot in the mainevent of WrestleMania 21! Tonight, all the superstars will be on the lookout to grab any opportunity they can to gain the advantage going into one of the biggest shows of the year!

In just six days, the Intercontinental Championship will be on the line as Steven Richards takes on Val Venis in a No-Disqualification Match! Tonight, Steven Richards will be facing Shelton Benjamin in a non-title match. This win could mean a lot for both men going into The Royal Rumble, but only one man can walk out the winner. Will it be Steven Richards or Mr.Benjamin?

Last week, Rhyno came to the aid of Jericho just in time to Gore Batista into obvlivion! Batista has demanded that he have Rhyno inside the ring in a one on one match! This truly will be the battle of the beasts, but who is the true beast? Is it the manbeast, Rhyno, or is it the enforcer, Batista?

Triple H will also be in the building tonight and will be involved in a HUGE mainevent, featuring eight of Raw's top superstars! In a eight man tag team match, we'll get to see Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Kane, and William Regal team up to take on Triple H, Chris Benoit, Ric Flair, and Edge! Which team will go into the Royal Rumble with a full advantage and which team will go in hurt?

Confirmed Matches

Steven Richards vs. Shelton Benjamin

Batista vs. Rhyno

Evolution and Edge vs. Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Kane, and William Regal

WWE RAW

JANUARY 24, 2005

[“Across the Nation” hits and the crowd goes wild for the opening video. This is indeed the last stop before The Royal Rumble and the crowd seems eager to find out if their favorite superstar is going to get some sort of an advantage going into the match. We cut to the announcers' table where Jim Ross and The King are sitting, looking eager to start the show]

-----------

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the last Monday Night Raw before The Royal Rumble! Tonight is important for all the superstars involved in the Royal Rumble, because some of them might not even make it to Sunday!

King: If you're talking about our mainevent then I can't wait! An eight man tag team match!

JR: That's right, folks. We're going to see Evolution and Edge take on Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Kane, and William Regal in tag team action tonight!

King: Don't forget about our other match, JR!

JR: How can I? We're going to see two beasts battle it out in the ring! Batista takes on Rhyno!

King: It's the Gore versus the Powerbomb! I think Batista is going to win!

JR: We'll have to find out, but coming up next in non-title match is Steven Richards taking on Shelton Benjamin!

King: I bet Val Venis would like to get in this match right now! I don't think he can wait until the Royal Rumble!

-----------

SINGLES MATCH

STEVEN RICHARDS vs. SHELTON BENJAMIN

This was a hot opener, even if it was a little short. There was tons of fast-paced action with minimum rest-holds in-between. Neither man had full control over this match, which was good since neither man looked weaker than the other. Some notable moments included Richards avoiding the Stinger Splash and hitting Benjamin with the Stevie DDT only to get a two count. This got a huge pop from the crowd and even more so when Richards went to the outside to grab a chair, but Venis jumped through the crowd and nailed him with the chair! He rolled him back into the ring and Benjamin hit Richards with the T-Bone Suplex for the win!

Afterwards, Venis stood in the crowd as Richards stared him down from inside the ring. Benjamin made his way up the ramp celebrating to the crowd.

-----------

JR: Val Venis and Steven Richards having an intense moment! What's going to happen this Sunday?

King: I don't know, but whatever happens, I'm sure these two men are going to take advantage of the “No DQ” rule!

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen, don't forget to order The Royal Rumble this Sunday, coming to you from Fresno, California! What a great set of matches we've got from both Raw and Smackdown!

King: Smackdown's got Eddie Guerrero taking on Kurt Angle for the WWE Championship!

JR: Don't forget about former-Raw superstar, Rob Van Dam will be in singles action against Carlito Caribbean Cool for the United States Championship!

King: Smackdown's got two good matches, but what about us? We've got Steven Richards versus Val Venis AND Triple H versus Chris Jericho!

JR: And of course, the Rumble itself in which 15 Raw and 15 Smackdown superstars will face each other for a chance to mainevent Wrestlemania 21!

-----------

DESTROY THE OPPOSITION!

[Kane is standing backstage with Maria]

Maria: Kane, in six days you're going to be entering the Royal Rumble as the 30th entrant! How do you feel tonight's match is going to affect the odds of winning?

Kane: Odds? What odds? I'm a monster and I'm entering at #30. Nothing says 'winner' more than that. Oh, and about tonight? It doesn't matter whose on my team and whose against me? All that matters is that I walk out unharmed.

Maria: If you do win the Royal Rumble, who do you hope to face at WrestleMania 21?

Kane: Like I said before…I'm a monster! It doesn't matter who I face, because I know one thing is for sure…I will become the World Heavyweight Champion at Wrestlemania 21!

[before Maria can continue, Kane walks away]

-----------

JR: Kane looks ready for his tag team match later on tonight.

King: He seems ready for The Royal Rumble! I don't know how good a chance he has even at #30! I mean, the 30th entrant has never won and with some of the other superstars involved…

JR: That is true, King. Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up next is an impromptu match made by our General Manager just moments ago! Christian will be taking on Rosey one on one!

King: Hey! We get to see Captain Charisma!

-----------

SINGLES MATCH

CHRISTIAN vs. ROSEY

Words cannot describe this match. It was neither good, nor was it bad. It was just there. Christian was his usual character, doing whatever he does to draw heat and make the match interesting. Rosey seemed to be trying extremely hard and managed to get the crowd riled up behind him. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough as Christian hit the Unprettier for the clean win.

-----------

JR: Christian with the clean win over Rosey! It looks like he's off to a good start heading into the Royal Rumble, King.

King: Yeah, but what's he doing now? Christian!

-----------

KANE THINKS HE'S SO TOUGH, DOESN'T HE?

[Christian goes and grabs a microphone before stepping back into the ring]

Christian: In six days, I, Captain Charisma am going to win The Royal Rumble and then go onto WrestleMania 21 to capture the World Heavyweight Championship from whichever sap has the title at that time.

[He pauses as the crowd boos]

Christian: You're all just jealous and you're all stupid, because you're all thinking Kane is going to win, right? Oh! He's a monster! Oh! He's the 30th entrant! Look what happened last year when Goldberg entered at #30! He got F-5ed for his efforts! Now, I'm not saying Brock Lesnar is going to return and F-5 Kane, but Kane…as long as I'm in the match, there is no way in hell you're going to win the Royal Rumble!

[Kane's pyros go off, but Kane doesn't come out]

Christian: See! He's scared to come out here and face Captain Charisma, because he knows he can't handle this!

[Christian chuckles, but Kane's pyros goes off again and this time, he comes out!]

Christian: Kane! You can't come out here and interrupt me like this!

[Kane grabs Christian and delivers a Chokeslam before leaving the ring]

-----------

JR: Captain Charisma got what he deserved! He shouldn't have messed with Kane!

King: I hope Christian's all right, JR! What if he can't participate in The Royal Rumble?

JR: Then we're going to have to find a replacement, I suppose. Speaking of The Royal Rumble, we're going to see the return of two of Raw's superstars! Matt Hardy and Shawn Michaels!

-----------

HYPE FOR THE HEART BREAK KID

[A video is played hyping the return of Shawn Michaels. We see clips of his greatest moments as he speaks]

HBK: The Royal Rumble…

[Events of his previous Rumble attempts are shown]

HBK: Some say I can't last that long…

[Clips from his Iron Man matches are shown]

HBK: Hell…I'd be able to last another Hell in a Cell with The Undertaker if I wanted to…

[Clips of his matches with The Undertaker are shown]

HBK: The Royal Rumble…I'll be back.

-----------

King: I can't wait for Shawn Michaels to come back so he can have his *** handed to him by Edge!

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen, still to come tonight is Batista versus Rhyno!

King: And our mainevent, which is going to be insane!

-----------

THE LEGEND KILLER ARRIVES…AND GETS MADE FUN OF

[Randy Orton arrives in a limo and steps out with a few women. He tells them to leave as Evolution approaches him]

Triple H: Randy Orton. Nice to see you're still traveling in style even without Evolution.

Orton: Don't try and butter me up, Hunter. You know I'm a threat to the World Heavyweight Title and you know that I can kick Evolution's ***!

[The crowd pops]

Triple H: Evolution's ***? You couldn't kick John Cena's *** if that damn wannabe had his hands tied behind his back!

[Orton tries attacking them, but Batista pushes him down]

Triple H: Oh and I suggest you clean yourself off before our match tonight. I don't want you looking messed up before I can do it myself.

[They all laugh before leaving]

-----------

JR: That damn Triple H and his cronies! They're always trying to get a cheap advantage over their opposition!

King: That's a smart thing to do, though.

JR: Maybe, but ambushing someone in numbers is the cowardly thing to do!

King: Why don't you go help him then JR?

JR: No, I'll stay over here, King.

-----------

SINGLES MATCH

BATISTA vs. RHYNO

This was a very interesting match, despite some harsh criticism it might receive for being a bit slow-paced. It all made sense, however, as both men tried to out-power one another, thus invalidating the grapples. The tide shifted after Batista avoided a Gore and sent Rhyno crashing into the steel post. Batista proceeded to hit his high impact moves such as the Clothesline and Spinebuster, until Rhyno countered Powerbomb and went for another Gore! Batista moved and Rhyno went bouncing off the ropes. Both men collided in the middle of the ring and went down for the 10 count with the match resulting in a draw.

-----------

JR: What the hell! This is a draw match, but I am amazed at the will and the power of these two men!

King: I gotta hand it to both of them…that was one helluva match, even if there was no winner!

JR: These two will be meeting against this Sunday in the Royal Rumble!

King: Not unless one of them gets eliminated before the other even has a chance to enter!

JR: That's a good point, King.

-----------

I'M THE #1 CONTENDER FOR NO WAY OUT!

[Jericho is in his locker room reading the latest edition of RAW magazine, when Edge walks into the room to a good boo from the crowd]

Jericho: Edge, what do you want?

Edge: What do I want? I want the same thing everyone else on this roster wants! I want the World Heavyweight Championship!

Jericho: Yeah? Well…you're going to have to wait in line, Assclown, because this Sunday is my chance to get back on top!

Edge: Yeah, I remember that. You get to face one man for the title, while I have to face 29 men for a chance at the title.

Jericho: Funny how that works isn't it?

Edge: Yeah, but it's also funny that I get a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship at No Way Out, because that's two title shots. Oh, I spoke with Eric Bischoff and he told me that if I win the Royal Rumble, then I won't have to defend my World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 21.

Jericho: Your World Heavyweight Championship? I don't think so. You see, I'm going to kick Triple H's *** this Sunday at the Royal Rumble, then I'm going to move onto No Way Out where I will beat the living hell out of you!

Edge: Really? First you're gonna have to get through tonight. Think you can handle it?

[Jericho nods and chuckles]

Edge: I don't think you can.

[Edge knocks Jericho down with a hard punch to the head before leaving]

-----------

JR: Edge assaulting Jericho backstage!

King: I can't wait until these men meet in the ring!

JR: Speaking of these men…our mainevent is up next!

King: Go Team Evolution!

JR: Team Evolution? King, I think you need to get more sleep.

-----------

LET'S GO WILLIAM REGAL!

[Regal and Eugene are walking backstage to the ring. Regal is punching the air as Eugene cheers him on]

Eugene: William Regal, are you ready to fight The Game, Triple H?

Regal: It's not about Triple H, my dear boy. It's about that cold-blooded bastard Edge!

Eugene: Yay! Edge! Go Mr. Regal!

-----------

JR: William Regal making his way to the ring, King!

King: We can see that, JR. Now keep quiet, here comes Evolution!

-----------

4v4 TAG TEAM MATCH

EVOLUTION and EDGE vs. CHRIS JERICHO, RANDY ORTON, WILLIAM REGAL, and KANE

This was a fun match with some good mixtures of everything from mat wrestling to highflying moves to even a little comedy from Eugene. The match consisted of each team holding back as to conserve energy for Sunday, except for Chris Jericho who was eager to get at Triple H.

Some good and notable moments included Kane clearing house when he entered including a Chokeslam to Flair from the apron to the ring. Another fun moment which got the crowd going was Jericho placing Flair on top of Edge before hitting a Lionsault on both of them! The wrestling was really fast paced and entertaining, overall except with Flair and Kane who wrestled a slightly slower pace.

The ending came when Jericho and Triple H ended up battling to the back leaving the other six men in the ring. It came down to Kane who hit Chokeslams on his opponents before pinning Ric Flair for the win.

After the match, his team mates came in to celebrate, but all received Chokeslams for their praise.

-----------

JR: My God! Kane has snapped once again!

King: Somebody call an ambulance!

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen, make sure to tune in this Sunday for the Royal Rumble, only on PPV! Have a good night!

-----------

TuRBO Preview | January 26, 2005

The Royal Rumble is just four days away and it has shaped up to be one of the most exciting shows in recent times! Tonight on TuRBO, Bill DeMott and Jonathan Coachman will go back in time to recap the events leading up the exciting Royal Rumble card from Rob Van Dam versus Carlito Caribbean Cool to Chris Jericho versus Triple H for the World Heavyweight Championship!

The current Turboweight Champion will be forced to put his title on the line against his own brother! That's correct, Doug Basham will be defending his title against Danny Basham. Will brotherly love get in the way of competition or is the title more important to the brothers than each other?

Also tonight will be a Fresh Face Triple Threat match between Brent Clifton, Nick Gambino, and Craig Williams! The winner of this match will have a shot at the Turboweight Title next week on TuRBO! Who will walk out the winner with a title shot hanging around their neck?

Confirmed Matches

Doug Basham© vs. Danny Basham - Turboweight Championship

Brent Clifton vs. Nick Gambino vs. Craig Williams - Turboweight #1 Contenders Match

WWE TuRBO

JANUARY 26, 2005

[The fans are treated to a new opening video, which opens to the song “The Angle” by The Core. It features such under card superstars as The Basham Brothers, Nick Gambino, and Craig Williams. We then cut to the announcers' table where Coach and DeMott are sitting.]

-------------

DeMott: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to last TuRBO before The Royal Rumble, where 30 superstars will have a chance to mainevent WrestleMania 21!

Coach: What a night that's going to be, but what a night tonight's going to be! We've got two five star matches as well as full recaps on the events that have taken place in the past few weeks.

DeMott: That's right, Coach. We've got the Fresh Face Triple Threat match as well as a Turboweight Championship match between Doug and Danny Basham!

Coach: Before our first match, let's take a look at how things are going on Smackdown's side of the Royal Rumble card!

DeMott: Well…we all know that Carlito Caribbean Cool is the United States Champion, but he will be defending that title against the one person who might be cooler than he is…Rob Van Dam!

Coach: I wonder how that match ended up happening…

DeMott: Let's take a look shall we…

-------------

HYPE VIDEO: ROB VAN DAM vs. CARLITO CARIBBEAN COOL

[A video showing Carlito since his debut is shown]

Voice: He was the epitome of cool…

[Clips of his title defenses are shown]

Voice: He's proved that he deserves the United States Title…

[Clips are then shown of Rob Van Dam winning the Triple Threat]

Voice: Now…he must face someone who might be cooler than him! Rob Van Dam! Carlito Caribbean Cool! The United States Championship on the line!

-------------

Coach: That match certainly will be interesting, Bill, but I'm looking forward to the WWE Championship match between Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle.

DeMott: That certainly is an interesting one, which started a month back when Kurt Angle helped Eddie Guerrero win the #1 Contender's Battle Royal.

-------------

HYPE VIDEO: EDDIE GUERRERO vs. KURT ANGLE

Voice: Two of the greatest wrestlers of all time…

[Clips from their WrestleMania and SummerSlam encounters]

Voice: These two men hated each other until…

[Clips of Kurt Angle helping Eddie Guerrero win the #1 Contendership]

Voice: Friendship…Trust…

[Clips of their tag team matches]

Voice: Will be tested this Sunday at The Royal Rumble!

-------------

Coach: Amazing. Simply amazing, Bill. I cannot wait to see what happens between these two this Sunday at The Royal Rumble.

DeMott: Well…what about the World Heavyweight Championship?

Coach: Let's not worry about that right now, Bill. We've got the Fresh Face Triple Threat coming up next!

-------------

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

CRAIG WILLIAMS vs. BRENT CLIFTON vs. NICK GAMBINO

This was a really good match for television, which featured mostly technical wrestling mixed with a little brawling from Gambino. The match wasn't a typical triple threat match as all three men remained in the ring for the entire match. The heels (Gambino and Williams) ganged up on Clifton, until Williams turned on Gambino and hit the Canadian Backbreaker for the win.

-------------

Coach: Raw's Craig Williams with the win over not one, but two Smackdown superstars!

DeMott: You won't be talking when a Smackdown superstar defeats 29 other superstars, including 15 Raw superstars!

Coach: Whatever, Bill! We all know Raw is going to steal the show. We've got two great singles matches to add to the already impressive card. Steven Richards will be defending his Intercontinental Championship against Val Venis!

-------------

HYPE VIDEO: STEVEN RICHARDS vs. VAL VENIS

Voice: Best friends…

[Clips of their tag team regime]

Voice: One had success…the other had nothing…

[Clips of Richards winning the Intercontinental Title]

Voice: Revenge will be sought for this Sunday…

[Clips of them fighting from the past few weeks]

-------------

DeMott: Now that's going to be a good match, Coach.

Coach: You know what's going to be even better?

DeMott: Let me guess, the World Heavyweight Championship match?

Coach: v Exactly! Triple H will be defending, and I do mean defending, his World Heavyweight Championship against Chris Jericho!

-------------

HYPE VIDEO: CHRIS JERICHO vs. TRIPLE H

[Clips of Jericho and HHH from a long time back are shown]

Voice: A match that has been in the making for a long time…

[Clips of their recent fights]

Voice: All their hatred will be summed up…

[Clips of them facing off against each other]

Voice: Chris Jericho! Triple H! The World Heavyweight Championship!

-------------

Coach: Now that's a good match, Bill.

DeMott: I've got to agree, but we've got a good match coming up right now! Doug Basham defending his Turboweight Championship against Danny Basham!

-------------

TURBOWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

DOUG BASHAM vs. DANNY BASHAM

This was nothing special since both guys a totally different style from one another. Both men were hesistant to attack each other which kind of dragged down the pace and made the crowd lose interest. In the end, Doug Basham won with a Superplex.

-------------

DeMott: Ladies and Gentlemen, that's all we have for tonight, but make sure to tune in on Sunday for the Royal Rumble!

Coach: Where a Raw superstar is going to wi…

DeMott: Shut up, Coach.

-------------

Smackdown Preview | January 27, 2005

The final stop before the second biggest even in the wrestling business is tonight at Smackdown. What final stipulations will be added and what final attempts will be made here tonight as the Smackdown superstars prepare to face what might be there biggest challenge yet!

Last week, The Dudleyz and Shannon Moore made a huge impact in the Cruiserweight match, attacking both Chavo Guerrero and Nunzio in the middle of the ring. Tonight, Nunzio will be defending his WWE Cruiserweight Championship against Shannon Moore, while Chavo Guerrero teams up with Rey Mysterio to take on The Dudley Boyz! Which side will come out victorious right before entering The Royal Rumble and how will this affect their performance on Sunday?

The Big Show has never won The Royal Rumble and he made it quite clear last week, until Nick Gambino appeared and offered The Big Show a deal of a life time. Tonight, The Big Show will be in the building, but will he have his answer?

In just three days, two of Smackdown's titles will be on the line, but tonight in an insane tag team matchup, we're going to see Kurt Angle teaming up with Carlito Caribbean Cool and John Cena to take on Eddie Guerrero, Rob Van Dam, and Booker T! Who will come out victorious tonight?

Confirmed Matches

Nunzio© vs. Shannon Moore - Cruiserweight Championship

Chavo Guerrero and Rey Mysterio vs. The Dudleyz

Eddie Guerrero, Rob Van Dam, and Booker T vs. Kurt Angle, Carlito Caribbean Cool, and John Cena

WWE SMACKDOWN

JANUARY 27, 2005

[The pyros erupt and the crowd goes absolutely insane for the last Smackdown before The Royal Rumble! We cue the opening video before panning the arena and cutting the announcers' table where Michael Cole and Tazz are seated]

-----------

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to a sold-out Smackdown here in Salt Lake City, Utah! We are just three days from one of the biggest shows in the wrestling business…The Royal Rumble!

Tazz: I can't wait, baby! 15 Smackdown superstars, 15 Raw superstars, all fighting inside one ring for a chance to mainevent WrestleMania 21!

Cole: That is quite an honor Tazz, but I doubt there has been a superstar who hasn't dreamed of main eventing WrestleMania, but this is their chance!

Tazz: Cole, don't forget about Smackdown's other two matches! Carlito Caribbean Cool will be putting his United States Championship against Rob Van Dam and Kurt Angle will be putting the WWE Championship on the line against Eddie Guerrero!

Cole: Speaking of these four men, all of them will be involved in a six-man tag match later on tonight! Kurt Angle, Carlito Caribbean Cool, and John Cena will be teaming up to take on Eddie Guerrero, Rob Van Dam, and Booker T!

Tazz: That's going to be off the chain, but don't forget that the Cruiserweight Championship will be on the line tonight as Nunzio faces off against Shannon Moore!

Cole: And I don't think things are going to go too smoothly for Nunzio, considering the chance that Moore's new “boss”, Nick Gambino, will be at ringside!

Tazz: Well, Gambino's a smart man. He does what he has to do and I'm sure he'll be applying the same philosophy this Sunday at The Royal Rumble!

Cole: Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, our first match tonight…we'll see The Dudleyz facing off against Chavo Guerrero and Rey Mysterio!

-----------

TAG TEAM MATCH

THE DUDLEYZ vs. CHAVO GUERRERO AND REY MYSTERIO

Nothing too special here, since The Dudleyz seem to be bringing down the match quality recently. Chavo Guerrero and Rey Mysterio had excellent teamwork, which added to the match, which was a usual tag team match, despite a few good spots here and there including a Hurricanrana, which took D-Von Dudley off the apron. However, it was The Dudleyz who managed to catch Rey Mysterio with a 3D for the win.

-----------

Tazz: What a way to start of Smackdown, Cole! The Dudleyz with the first win of the night, which I'm sure will give them huge momentum going into The Royal Rumble!

Cole: I'm sure it will, Tazz. But I'm more concerned about Nick Gambino, who I was surprised, wasn't there at ringside.

Tazz: Maybe he's talking things over with The Big Show. Remember what happened last week?

[Clips are shown of the Gambino/Show encounter last week on Smackdown]

Cole: Will we see The Big Show's response later on tonight? We'll have to wait to find out!

-----------

WHAT THE HELL IS YOU DOING HERE?

[Nick Gambino is walking backstage when he stops at his locker room door. He opens it, but then his jaw drops in shock.]

Gambino: What? What the hell are you doing here? I thought you were just temporary…I…I…

[Gambino grabs his head in frustration]

Gambino: No. This is too much. This is…

[The camera cuts into the room and we see Brent Clifton standing there.]

Clifton: This is Brent Clifton, the latest addition to the Smackdown roster!

Gambino: This is too much. You're not supposed to be here on Smackdown!

Clifton: I'm not? That's weird, because I have a match tonight, which means I am supposed to be on Smackdown.

Gambino: A match, huh? Against who? Funaki?

Clifton: No. I have a match up next and…

[Gambino's music begins to play as he looks shocked once again]

Clifton: It's against you. You better get going if you want to make it out there in time.

[Clifton pats Gambino on the shoulder before leaving the room]

-----------

Cole: Brent Clifton is here on Smackdown!

Tazz: He's going to be an awesome addition to the roster, Cole!

Cole: Well, we're going to see which of these two men is the better man!

Tazz: I've got my money on Gambino, Cole. That guy's a genius!

-----------

SINGLES MATCH

NICK GAMBINO vs. BRENT CLIFTON

This was another good match and these two really know how to work the crowd. Gambino played a great heel here taunting the crowd and abusing Clifton in the middle of the ring with illegal submissions and holds. Clifton turned the tide half through the match after reversing a Clothesline into an Armbar Takedown. The ending came after Clifton locked in the Sharpshooter, but Gambino reversed it into a Small Package with his hands on the ropes for the pinfall.

-----------

Cole: That Gambino keeps on cheating, Tazz! He shouldn't even be allowed in the ring!

Tazz: You're just mad, because your wrestler lost and mine won. It's that simple.

Cole: C'mon, Tazz! You've got to be kidding me…

Tazz: I kid you not, Cole. That's all I have to say.

Cole: Fine. Ladies and Gentlemen, still to come tonight is the Cruiserweight Title on the line between Nunzio and Shannon Moore as well as our six man tag mainevent.

-----------

MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE

[The Big Show is walking backstage thinking when he bumps into Eddie Guerrero]

Guerrero: Esse! How's it going, Holmes?

Show: Not too well. I've been thinking about what that Nick Gambino told me last week.

Guerrero: Holmes! That Nick Gambino is worthless, Esse! He's just tryin' to get under your skin before The Royal Rumble!

Show: Maybe, but…

Guerrero: But nothing, Holmes! You're the most dominant man on Smackdown, Esse! You're gonna do fine this Sunday, Holmes!

Show: But what if he's right!?

Guerrero: Holmes, you got a lot on your mind, but just remember to make the right choice, Holmes.

[Eddie points to his head before walking off with Show looking on from behind]

-----------

Cole: I wonder what The Big Show is going to choose, Tazz. Is he going to join Gambino or not?

Tazz: Personally, I would. Let's look at the facts, here. Nick Gambino is a shrewd man, he's got the most experienced tag team on Smackdown backing him up as well as who might become the next Cruiserweight Champion.

Cole: You're talking about Shannon Moore.

Tazz: Of course! Let's watch his match right now and see what happens.

-----------

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

SHANNON MOORE vs. NUNZIO©

This was a very, very good match in terms of wrestling. Both men had excellent wrestling sequences despite varied styles. Moore hit tons of high-flying moves, while Nunzio tried to keep the wrestling on the ground. The ending came when Nunzio hit the Arrivederci, but The Dudleyz came running down and took Nunzio down, giving him the DQ win.

After the match, all three men began beating down on Nunzio, until The Big Show came down, which prompted Gambino's Henchmen to slide to the outside.

-----------

Cole: What's The Big Show doing out here!

Tazz: We're about to find out, Cole!

-----------

I'VE MADE MY DECISION!

[big Show takes a microphone and pauses before speaking]

Show: Last week I was made a proposal to join a group I knew nothing about. I was told that if I helped Nick Gambino win the WWE Championship, he would step down and give me the title!

[The crowd boos and begins a “Gambino Sucks” chant]

Show: I thought long and hard about this all week. Should I join him and guarantee my WWE Championship back around my waist…after WrestleMania? Or do I risk entering The Royal Rumble against 29 other men and risk losing that shot at the WWE Championship?

[Nick Gambino's music hits and he comes down to the ring smiling. He slides into the ring with his crew before taking a microphone]

Gambino: Show…cut the crap and give me a straight answer. I have things to see and people to do, so what's it going to be?

[show looks around and sees that he is surrounded]

Show: Nick…I…

[show extends his hand out as the crowd begins to boo. Gambino accepts, but Show pulls him forward into a Clothesline! The crowd cheers as he Clotheslines both The Dudleyz out of the ring before turning to Shannon Moore. He picks up Moore in the Gorilla Press Position before throwing him over the top rope]

Show: I've decided to take that risk!

[show grabs Gambino's throat before hitting a Chokeslam in the middle of the ring much to the crowd's delight]

-----------

Cole: The Big Show has decided not to join Gambino! I knew he would pull through!

Tazz: Show's in for it, now, Cole. I mean…29 other men instead of 25 other men!

Cole: Well, the Big Show is the most dominating man in that Rumble, besides maybe the Undertaker and I think that says a lot.

Tazz: It simply screams “I'm a big man! Eliminate me!”

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up next is our tag team mainevent, but first an interview with some of the participants of the Royal Rumble!

-----------

NOT THE TIME TO ARGUE

[Josh Matthews is standing backstage with John Cena and Carlito Caribbean Cool]

Matthews: Both of you are going to team up tonight, but in just three days it's going to be every man for himself. How is that going to affect your match tonight?

Cena: You…

CCC: It works like this, Josh. Cena is a rookie, alright. Carlito is a professional. Tonight, Carlito is going to handle Eddie Guerrero, Rob Van Dam, and Booker T, and at The Royal Rumble, Carlito is going to handle Rob Van Dam again!

Matthews: John Cena, what are your chances…

[before he can finish, Orlando Jordan comes up to them]

OJ: You chumps need to stop acting all tough, because at The Royal Rumble, there's going to be one man who's going to come out on top!

Cena: Who? That punk-*** JBL, because I haven't seen his *** around here for a while now.

OJ: That's because JBL doesn't want to be in the presence of filth like you. He's coming back this Sunday at The Royal Rumble!

[before he can continue, Kurt Angle walks up to them]

Angle: Guys, you can argue about this later. Our match is up next.

[He leaves as the three men stare each other down]

-----------

Cole: Some choice words from John Cena and Carlito Caribbean Cool.

Tazz: What about the return of JBL! He has a good chance of winning The Royal Rumble, Cole.

Cole: John Bradshaw Layfield is nothing, but a coward.

Tazz: Says you.

-----------

3v3 TAG TEAM MATCH

EDDIE GUERRERO, ROB VAN DAM, and BOOKER T vs. KURT ANGLE, JOHN CENA, and CARLITO CARIBBEAN COOL

This was a very entertaining match with a bunch of styles meshing together to create a good wrestling match. There were tons of near falls and hot tags, but the action really heated up towards the end when all six men were in the ring at one time.

John Cena and Kurt Angle were arguing when Cena punched Angle over the top rope and both of them fought on the outside. Inside of the ring, Booker T took Carlito down with a Scissors Kick, followed with a Frog Splash from Eddie Guerrero. The match finished off with Rob Van Dam hitting a Five Star Frog Splash onto Carlito.

-----------

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen, what a night it has been! Our next stop is The Royal Rumble, so make sure not to miss it!

Tazz: It's gonna be off the chain!

-----------

user posted image

Intercontinental Championship Match - No Disqualification

Steven Richards© vs. Val Venis

The match that the fans thought would never happen. Steven Richards and Val Venis have been inseperable and even formed the successful team of The Tricksters, but what happens when one man gets Intercontinental success and the other one is forced to follow in his shadows? Now, both men have one thing on their minds and that is to put their former friend through as much pain and torture as possible and the No DQ stipulation makes that even worse! Who will walk out the Intercontinental Champion and who will walk out in a pool of their own blood?

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Triple H© vs. Chris Jericho

The Cerebral Assassin. The King of the World. The World Heavyweight Championship. Two of the most powerful figures in this business collide this Sunday for the World Heavyweight Championship! Triple has had hatred for Jericho for quite some time, but Jericho always managed to get the upper hand on Triple H. Tonight, both these men will have a chance to prove who's the better wrestler and who deserves the World Heavyweight Championship! This is without doubt going to be one of the most intense bouts ever, but the question remains...when all is said and done, who will be the World Heavyweight Champion?

United States Championship Match

Carlito Caribbean Cool© vs. Rob Van Dam

There was no one cooler than Rob Van Dam...until Carlito showed up and won the United States Championship from John Cena. He held onto the title, defeating most of his contenders until Rob Van Dam became the #1 Contender! Now, the self-proclaimed Master of Cool must put his United States Title on the line against someone who just might be as cool as the champion himself! Will Rob Van Dam soar and win the United States Championship or will Carlito find some way of keeping the belt around his waist?

WWE Championship

Kurt Angle© vs. Eddie Guerrero

These two have had a hatred for each other ever since the beginning, but recent events have tested that hatred. Ever since Kurt Angle helped Eddie Guerrero win the #1 Contender's match, things haven't been proper on Smackdown. Now, Eddie Guerrero will be forced to make a decision as to whether he will put up a fight or if he will submit to Kurt Angle! What will Eddie Guerrero choose and who will walk out the WWE Champion?

The Royal Rumble Match

15 Smackdown Superstars and 15 Raw Superstars

This is the match that every superstar looks forward to participating in. Entering the match is one thing, but winning it is another. To say that you've defeated 29 other men to cement your spot in the mainevent of WrestleMania is the one thing that every superstar wants. Now, 30 superstars will have their shot at doing so, but they must first survive 29 other superstars in this massive over-the-top Battle Royal! Which superstar will walk out with a place at WrestleMania?

WWE ROYAL RUMBLE

JANUARY 30, 2005

FRESNO, CALIFORNIA

[The opening World Wrestling Entertainment video hits the screen before flashing the World Wrestling Entertainment logo against a black background]

Narrator: The quest to be the greatest warrior alive…

[Clips from the previous Royal Rumbles are shown through a black and white filter]

Narrator: Blood will be split inside that ring…

[Clips from the Triple H and Jericho feud are shown on the screen]

Narrator: Egos will be tested…

[Clips from the Rob Van Dam and Carlito Caribbean Cool feud are shown]

Narrator: Friendships will be broken…

[Clips from the Steven Richards and Val Venis feud are shown]

Narrator: In the end…one man can be the winner…one man can be the greatest warrior alive…

[The screen explodes outward as “Superstar II” by Saliva hits and the camera pans throughout the Fresno Arena at the fans going wild with signs and merchandise representing their favorite superstars. We cut to the announcers' table where we see Jim Ross and The King sitting]

----------

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to The Royal Rumble here in Fresno, California! It's a cold day outside as we can see fans pouring into their seats, but it's going to be a hot event inside the building!

King: That's right, JR! 30 WWE Superstars are going to have a chance to secure their position in the mainevent of WrestleMania 21!

JR: That's correct, King. 15 Smackdown superstars and 15 Raw superstars are going to wrestle each other for that opportunity! Before we continue, I'd like to announce that The Royal Rumble is a joint production by both Smackdown and Raw, which means that we're joined here tonight by Michael Cole and Tazz!

Cole: Thanks JR and King! Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm Michael Cole joined here by my partner Tazz and we are just as excited for this exciting event!

Tazz: I can't wait for the mainevent, Cole! Not only are we going to get to see who goes onto the mainevent of WrestleMania 21, but we're also gonna see which brand is more dominant!

Cole: That's absolutely true, Tazz, but we've got four other matches to get through first. Smackdown's got the United States Championship on the line with Rob Van Dam against Carlito Caribbean Cool!

Tazz: That truly is a battle of the egos, Cole. Neither man will admit that he is less cool than the other!

Cole: We've also got the WWE Championship on the line as Kurt Angle defends his title against Eddie Guerrero!

Tazz: That's gonna be off the chain, especially with Kurt Angle helping Eddie Guerrero out these past few weeks!

Cole: Wait a minute! It's Carlito Caribbean Cool! What's he doing out here?

Tazz: I love it when Carlito comes down to the ring, Cole!

----------

ROB VAN DAM? HE'S NOT COOL…

[Carlito Caribbean Cool comes down to the ring with his United States Title around his waist. He climbs into the ring and takes a microphone before taking a bite from his apple]

CCC: I'm here at The Royal Rumble. That's cool. I'm here surrounded by all these people. That's not cool. You know what else isn't cool? Me having to defend my United States Title against Rob Van Dam! He isn't cool! I'm cool and this United States Title is cool!

[He pauses as the crowd boos him]

CCC: I don't want to defend this title here in Fresno, because the people here aren't cool, but I have another offer to Rob Van Dam. We don't fight tonight, we fight on Thursday night on Smackdown! Now…that's cool!

[He smiles and looks towards the ramp. Theodore Long appears at the head of the ramp with a microphone]

Long: You wanna defend your United States Title on Smackdown instead of here at The Royal Rumble?

[Carlito nods his head]

Long: Well then…since we were expecting a match from you and Rob Van Dam for the United States Championship, I guess we could do something else instead. How about…a “You're Fired” ceremony, Playa? Does that sound cool to you?

[Carlito spits out his apple and starts shaking his head and telling Long he's mad]

Long: That's what I thought, Playa. Enjoy the show.

[He heads to the back as Rob Van Dam's music hits and RVD comes out to a good pop from the crowd]…

----------

Cole: It looks like Carlito doesn't have much of a choice here! It's either defend the title or get fired!

Tazz: That Theodore Long is so damn unfair, Cole! I would've let Carlito defend his title on Smackdown!

Cole: It doesn't matter what you would do, Tazz. Carlito is going to defend his title here tonight!

Tazz: I hope he does defend it! The United States Championship doesn't look as cool on Rob Van Dam as it does on Carlito!

----------

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

ROB VAN DAM vs. CARLITO CARIBBEAN COOL

Rob Van Dam and Carlito circled the ring before Rob Van Dam planted a kick to the head of Carlito. The impact sent Carlito stumbling back into the corner, allowing Rob Van Dam to nail two headbutts to the stomach before throwing Carlito backward into the middle of the ring. Rob Van Dam ran over to Carlito and nailed a Spinning Legdrop onto the head of Carlito before getting a quick two count. Rob Van Dam picked up Carlito and whipped him into the ropes before going for a Spinning Wheel Kick. Carlito held onto the ropes and managed to avoid the feet of Rob Van Dam. Carlito locked on a quick Headlock before planting Rob Van Dam with a Takedown.

Carlito held the headlock for a few long minutes before Rob Van Dam began fighting out with elbows to the stomach. Rob Van Dam bounced off the ropes, but was knocked back down with a Clothesline. Carlito dropped an elbow, but Rob Van Dam moved before hitting a Rolling Thunder onto Carlito! This got another two count, much to the displeasure of the crowd. Rob Van Dam picked up Carlito and whipped him into the corner. Carlito dodged a charging Rob Van Dam before rolling him up with his feet on the ropes! Rob Van Dam managed to kick out at 2 to a good pop. Carlito began arguing with the referee, which allowed Rob Van Dam to climb to the top rope and knock Carlito down with a Missile Dropkick! Carlito rolled to the outside stunned and dazed. He turned around and saw Rob Van Dam soaring from the ring to the outside with a Crossbody! Carlito crashes to the ground as both men are stunned and out of it. The crowd stars up an “RVD! RVD!” chant as he rolls back into the ring and waits for Carlito to get back in.

Carlito has a different approach as he grabs the United States Title from the side before getting into the ring. The referee sees it and tries to grab it, but Carlito jerks it and the referee falls down and is knocked out. Carlito turns around and is hit with a Van-Damintor with the Title Belt! The crowd goes wild as Carlito stumbles around before falling down! Rob Van Dam hops onto the turnbuckle and does the thumbs before leaping off with a Five Star Frog Splash! Carlito manages to grab the title and place it on top of him, causing Rob Van Dam to crash onto the title! Carlito slides over Rob Van Dam as the referee recovers! 1…2…3!

[Carlito grabs his United States Championship and heads to the back as Rob Van Dam holds his stomach in pain.]

----------

Cole: That damn Carlito cheating to retain his United States Championship!

Tazz: I think that was a smart move right there, Cole! He knew it would be over if Rob Van Dam connected with that Frog Splash, so Carlito decided to use the title to his advantage!

Cole: Smart, maybe, but that definitely wasn't legal! Anyway, Ladies and Gentlemen, here are Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler!

JR: Thanks, Michael Cole. Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up next is Steven Richards defending his Intercontinental Championship against Val Venis!

King: These two guys have got a lot of history together, JR! I mean, remember when they were The Tricksters?

JR: I sure do, King, but tonight these two aren't in a tag team match. They're in a singles match against each other and what makes this even more intriguing is that it is in fact a No Disqualification match!

King: That could work in anybody's favor!

JR: That's true, King.

----------

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

VAL VENIS vs. STEVEN RICHARDS©

Val Venis comes out first to a decent sized pop. He gets into the ring and removes his towel. Steven Richards comes down next with his Intercontinental Championship around his shoulder. He gets into the ring and the two men go face to face. Richards laughs, looks behind him, then smacks Venis over the head with the Intercontinental Title! Venis crashes to the floor as Richards drops the title and begins stomping Venis out of the ring.

Val rolls to the outside as Richards climbs out of the ring and grabs a chair from the side. He smacks it over Venis' back while shouting “You want more, bitch? How's this?” He smacks Val over the back once more before placing the chair on Val's face. Richards climbs onto the apron and hits a Legdrop onto the face of Val Venis! The crowd shudders in pain as Richards removes the chair and rolls Venis back into the ring. Richards picks up Venis and goes for the pin, but pulls back at 2. He shakes his head and goes to the outside to look for more weapons. He finds a fire extinguisher, but as he enters back into the ring, Venis hits him with a Baseball Slide, sending him into the barricade!

Richards gathers himself before getting back into the ring where Venis is waiting with the Intercontinental Title. Venis swings the title, but Richards ducks and nails Venis with the Stevie DDT! 1…2…3! It's all over as Richards retains his title.

----------

JR: Steven Richards is still the Intercontinental Champion!

King: And for a good reason, too! He beat Val Venis fair and square!

JR: Well, I hardly think that Hardcore matches are fair or square, but under the rules of the match…Steven Richards did retain fairly.

King: Nice to see you back to your senses, JR!

JR: I'll certainly be needing my senses, King. We're getting closer and closer to the 30-Man Royal Rumble match!

King: I can't wait to see who comes out on top!

----------

INTERPROMOTIONAL MEETING

[John Cena is walking backstage to a good boo from the crowd. He stops when he sees Stacy Keibler bending over to pick something up.]

Cena: Damn! I'll have some of that after my match tonight!

Stacy: Dream on, jerk!

[Cena grabs her wrist and gets face to face]

Cena: No one talks to John Cena like that! You understand?

[stacy nods her head, afraid]

Cena: Besides, I wasn't talking about you. Why would I want something that looked like it got run it's face run over by a steam roller? I was talking about those hot cakes on the table over there. Sheesh!

[Cena chuckles and walks off]

----------

Cole: John Cena looking rather confident about the Rumble match later on tonight!

Tazz: I'm telling you, Cole! If John Cena doesn't win the Royal Rumble…I don't know what I'll do!

Cole: Well that's for later Tazz. Right now we've got the WWE Championship on the line between Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero!

Tazz: Now these two have a HISTORY together!

[Clips are shown of these two way back to WrestleMania 20]

----------

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

EDDIE GUERRERO vs. KURT ANGLE©

Eddie Guerrero comes down with a hooded robe on which reads 'Team Angle' as the crowd looks confused. He gets into the ring as Kurt Angle comes down to a number of boos from the crowd. He gets into the ring and hugs Eddie Guerrero who looks confused. Angle begins to tell Eddie to 'put the plan into action.' Eddie sighs before laying down and allowing Kurt Angle to pin him. The crowd boos as the referee makes the count. 1…2…3!

Angle begins to head to the back with his Championship when his music stops and Eddie Guerrero's music hits. Angle looks back into the ring to see Eddie Guerrero standing up next to the hooded man! Eddie Guerrero takes a microphone and begins to speak.

Guerrero: Kurt Angle! Vato! You didn't think I would be so stupid and let you pin me, did you Holmes?

Angle looks furious and he points to the hooded man.

Guerrero: This? This is my hermano, Jose Guerrero!

Eddie removes the hood from the other man and we see someone who looks just like Eddie Guerrero sans a few features.

Guerrero: Holmes, it looks like our match is still going!

The referee tells Angle to get back into the ring as Eddie Guerrero throws the microphone to the side. Angle looks pissed off as he gets back into the ring and stares down Eddie Guerrero.

The referee signals for the bell and the match begins with both men circling the ring. Angle gets in a quick headlock, but Guerrero pushes him into the ropes. Angle comes back with a Shoulderblock which knocks Guerrero the ground. Eddie Guerrero bounces back up into a Headlock Takedown from Angle who holds it for a few seconds before Eddie locks in a Head-Scissors. Angle is forced to let go as is Guerrero and both men stand back up. The crowd cheers for the cool wrestling sequence as Guerrero and Angle circle the ring once more.

Both men grapple up, but Angle gets behind Eddie and goes for a German Suplex, but Eddie blocks it and elbows Angle in the head. Guerrero bounces off the ropes, but lifts him up and throws him over his head. Guerrero crashes onto the mat as Angle stomps down Eddie into the corner. Angle goes to the opposite side and charges, but Eddie moves and Angle crotches himself in the corner. The crowd pops as Angle stumbles out into a Dropkick from Eddie Guerrero.

Eddie now picks up Angle and goes for the Three Amigos, but Angle blocks the second one and reverses it into a Suplex of his own. Eddie Guerrero manages to get back up, but Angle goes for the quick Angle Slam, which is reversed into a DDT from Guerrero! The crowd cheers as Eddie makes the pin! 1…2…No! Angle kicks out, but Guerrero picks him up and plants the Three Amigos! Eddie climbs to the top rope, but before he can do anything Angle runs up and hits a Belly to Belly Suplex off the top turnbuckle!

Both men are down and struggling, but Angle gets up first and locks on the Angle Lock! Eddie Guerrero struggles for a while but manages to grab the ropes and kick Angle off. Both men stand up and charge each other. Guerrero goes for a Head-Scissors Takedown, but Angle reverses it into an Angle Slam! The crowd goes NUTS for this insane reversal, but boo as Angle makes the cover! 1…2…3! Kurt Angle retains!

----------

Cole: Kurt Angle retains his WWE Championship!

Tazz: I can't believe it! I thought Eddie Guerrero would've won!

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen! That was the last Smackdown match of the evening meaning we have one more match before The Royal Rumble!

Tazz: Oh, man! That's gonna be off the chain!

Cole: Here's JR and King!

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen! We are just one match away from the Royal Rumble!

King: And that match is going to be a rumble itself, JR! Triple H and Chris Jericho for the World Heavyweight Championship!

----------

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Chris Jericho vs. Triple H

Chris Jericho comes down to the ring to a HUGE pop from the crowd. He gets into the ring and poses as the crowd cheers him on.

Triple H comes down next, doing his ritual taunting as the crowd boos him and throws jeers towards him.

Both men stand on opposite ends of the ring staring each other down. Jericho circles to one side as Triple H circles to the other side. Jericho initiates the confrontation and both men end up grappling in the middle of the ring. Triple H gets Jericho in a headlock, but Jericho pushes him into the ropes. Triple H bounces off the ropes as Jericho knocks him down with a shoulderblock. Triple H gets up using the ropes, but Jericho sends him over the top rope with a clothesline.

Triple H scrambles to his feet and stares down Jericho, looking nervous at the same time. Triple H circles the ring before sliding back in to face Jericho who rests on the turnbuckle. Triple H charges forward, but Jericho moves and sends Triple H face first into the turnbuckle. Triple H stumbles around allowing Jericho to get him into Suplex position, but instead of falling backward, Jericho falls forward causing Triple H to land on the turnbuckle. The crowd cheers as Triple H falls into the ring.

Jericho kicks Triple H in the back before picking him up and whipping him into the ropes. Triple H manages to gather strength and knocks Jericho down with a jumping knee to the face. Triple H regains his balance and goes to work on Jericho, bouncing off the ropes and dropping a knee to the head. Jericho spasms in the middle of the ring holding his face in pain, but Triple H picks him up and sends him into the turnbuckle. Jericho looks dazed as Triple H charges forward. Jericho moves and Triple H crashes into the turnbuckle instead! Jericho bounces off the ropes and nails a Bulldog onto Triple H!

The crowd is on their feet cheering as Jericho bounces off the second rope and hits the Lionsault! 1…2…No! Triple H manages to kick out at the last second as the crowd boos. Jericho grabs Triple H's legs and goes for the Walls of Jericho! He almost locks it in, but Ric Flair comes running down to help Triple H. Jericho releases Triple H and hits a Springboard Dropkick onto Flair, sending him off the apron!

Jericho turns back around and into a Pedigree from Triple H! The crowd boos as Triple H makes the cover. 1…2…No! The crowd erupts with cheer as Jericho lifts his shoulder up. Triple H cannot believe what just happened as he crawls into the corner, where Flair is seen sliding in a Sledgehammer! Flair jumps onto the apron to distract the referee while Triple H waits for Jericho to stand up.

Jericho gets to his feet and is knocked back down with a sledgehammer to the forehead! The crowd boos as Triple H goes for the pin once again. 1…2…No! Jericho manages to kick out once again as the crowd and Triple H cannot believe it! Triple H looks furious now as he picks up Jericho once again for another Pedigree! He locks the arms, but Jericho frees himself before tripping Triple H and locking on the Walls of Jericho!

Triple H crawls over to the ropes, but Jericho pulls him into the middle where Triple H is forced to tap! Jericho releases the hold as the referee hands him the World Heavyweight Championship!

----------

JR: He's done it! Chris Jericho is our new World Heavyweight Champion! I can't believe it!

King: I guess it won't be so bad having Jericho as our new champion, but I would've still preferred Triple H!

JR: Well, King. Now that the match is over with…this means one thing.

King: Time for the Royal Rumble!

JR: We all know that Kane is entering in at #30, meaning he has the best chance of winning, but all other entries have been determined by a drawing!

King: That means if you drew an earlier number, you're pretty much screwed, JR!

JR: Pretty much, King.

----------

OOC: The Rumble wouldn't fit along with this post so the whole Rumble match is in the next post.

ROYAL RUMBLE

15 RAW and 15 SMACKDOWN

Viscera is the first superstar to enter the ring. He comes down as the crowd boos him. He removes his hooded jacket before stretching. The crowd looks towards the entrance ramp in anticipation for the second entrant. It's…Paul London! The crowd cheers him as London looks both sides before running down and sliding into the ring!

London charges forward and slides underneath Viscera's legs. Viscera wobbles around into a beautiful Dropsault from London. The impact of the move sends Viscera stumbling backward, but he manages to remain on his feet. London charges forward once again, but Viscera drops him over the top rope! London manages to land on the apron, much to the crowd's delight. Viscera turns around and goes for a clothesline, but London ducks and headbutts Viscera in the stomach. Viscera clutches his stomach as London flips over the top rope and kicks Viscera in the head.

The countdown begins as London and Viscera are taking time to recover. The crowd looks towards the entrance ramp to hear the sound “Oh Chavo!” The crowd erupts with cheer as Chavo Guerrero comes down slapping hands with the fans. He slides into the ring and begins to attack Viscera. Paul London comes over to the help and the two Cruiserweights manage to whip Viscera into the ropes. The fat man returns with a double clothesline taking both men down.

Viscera walks around the ring smiling at his work before picking up Chavo Guerrero and slamming his head into the turnbuckle. Chavo falls back down, dazed. In the meanwhile, Paul London climbs to the top rope and jumps off with a nice Crossbody, but Viscera catches him and hits him with the Samoan Drop! The crowd seems to be getting behind Viscera with the loud chanting of his name. Viscera picks up London and tries to eliminate him in the corner, but Chavo runs up and punches Viscera from behind.

The Cruiserweights continue working on Viscera as the countdown begins once again. This time, the crowd begins booing as Nick Gambino comes down, but doesn't get into the ring. He waits on the outside shouting orders to Viscera who seems to be ignoring him. Inside of the ring, the Cruiserweights whip Viscera into the ropes and take him down with a Double Dropkick. London offers his hand to Chavo Guerrero, who ignores him and takes London down with a clothesline! London staggers to his feet as Chavo Guerrero sets him up and hits him with The Gory Bomb! Chavo picks up London and tries to push him over the top rope, but Viscera comes over and knocks both of them over onto the apron!

Viscera turns around thinking he's eliminated both men, but Chavo and London look at each other, then at Viscera. Both of them attempt hopping back in, but Nick Gambino pulls at their legs on the outside! He almost succeeds in pulling them off, but Brent Clifton comes running through the crowd and takes Gambino down! He grabs Gambino's head and executes a series of headlocks and submission holds as he drags Gambino through the crowd.

Back to the wrestling, the countdown reaches zero and Rhyno appears at the top of the ramp. He runs down and hits an immediate Gore onto Viscera who falls down holding his stomach. London and Chavo, who have started brawling on the apron both receive clotheslines, knocking them off the apron! CHAVO GUERRERO IS ELIMINATED! PAUL LONDON IS ELIMINATED! Rhyno turns around and catches Viscera with a huge Suplex which shakes the ring and gets a HUGE pop from the crowd.

Rhyno is on an absolute role as he waits for Viscera to stagger onto his feet. He waits for the opportune moment, ducks his head down, and charges forward towards the big man. Viscera manages to roll to the side, causing Rhyno to crash head first into the steel post. Rhyno stumbles back up and is caught with a Samoan Drop. Viscera stands up and begins pounding on his chest as the crowd cheers him on. He picks up Rhyno and whips him into the ropes, but Rhyno ducks a clothesline and comes back with another Gore! This sends Viscera reeling to the ground in pain as Rhyno tries to recover from the energy-draining Gore.

The timer hits zero and Evolution's music hits and out comes Batista who takes his time coming down to the ring. He steps inside and looks at both men waiting to see who gets up first. The first man up is Rhyno who receives a devastating clothesline for his efforts. Viscera tries attacking Batista from behind, but Batista turns around and hits Viscera with a HUGE Spinebuster which rattles the ring. Batista lifts up Viscera and sets him between his legs. The crowd is on their feet, hoping to see the one thing that they never thought they would see. Batista lifts up Viscera and Powerbombs him straight onto the mat! The crowd goes insane as Batista roars at Viscera and tells him to stand up. Viscera struggles to stand up, but falls back down. Batista turns around and is hit with a Gore from Rhyno! Rhyno quickly picks up the dazed Batista and tries to throw him over the top rope.

3…2…1…Orlando Jordan cockily walks down to a good jeer from the crowd. He steps in between the ropes and attacks Rhyno. He punches him in the back before whipping him into the ropes. This is a mistake as Rhyno tackles him with another Gore! Orlando Jordan gets up and Rhyno clotheslines him over the top rope! ORLANDO JORDAN IS ELIMINATED! Rhyno celebrates to the crowd, but it's short-lived as Batista has recovered and begins putting the pin on Rhyno. He picks him up in the F-5 Position, but drops him straight onto the turnbuckle. Rhyno stumbles out holding his face as Batista picks him up for a Powerbomb. He hits and Rhyno is literally knocked out from the impact.

Batista turns back to Viscera who has gotten back up and is hanging out near the turnbuckle. Batista charges forward with a clothesline, but Viscera manages to stand up. Batista goes again, but Viscera is still standing. Batista goes for a third, but Viscera knocks him down with a clothesline of his own! Viscera bounces off the ropes and hits a Splash onto Batista, who sells the move like he's been shot. Viscera raises his hands in victory before dropping an elbow onto Batista.

The timer hits zero once again and Matt Hardy comes down to an IMMENSE pop. He throws up the V1 sign before sliding into the ring and attacking Viscera. He turns him around before hitting a quick Twist of Fate. Viscera goes down for about the fifth or sixth time as Matt Hardy turns his attention over to Rhyno and Batista, who get back up. The three of them agree to lift Viscera over the top rope. The three of them lift him up, but the weight proves to be too much as all three of them collapse. All four men are down in the ring as the crowd begins various chants for one of the four wrestlers in the ring.

“WOOOO!” is heard throughout the arena and the fans go nuts for Ric Flair who struts down to the ring before stepping inside. He helps Batista get up and the two of them go to work on Viscera in a very interesting manner. Flair grabs Viscera's legs and applies the Figure-4 while Batista begins dropping elbows onto the neck of Viscera! Meanwhile, on the other side of the ring, Matt Hardy and Rhyno are getting back up. Rhyno sees a dazed Matt Hardy and he charges forward with a Gore attempt, which is reversed into a DDT from Matt Hardy! The crowd goes nuts as Matt Hardy gets back up and goes over to help Batista and Flair who have started putting Viscera over the top rope. Unfortunately, the strength of these three men doesn't have much of an effect as Batista punches Flair and falls back down onto the mat. The three superstars look confused as to what to do, but the countdown begins again.

3…2…1…0. Rey Mysterio springs from the stage and spins to the ring, slapping the hands of fans on his way down to the squared circle. He hopes onto the apron and then onto the apron before leaping onto Viscera's shoulders! Viscera clutches Rey Mysterio and goes to dump him over the top rope, but Rey Mysterio reverses it into a Hurricanrana and sends Viscera over the top rope instead. The crowd gives Mysterio a MASSIVE ovation as he slides back into the ring, much to the surprise of the other superstars. VISCERA IS ELIMINATED!

Batista makes an attempt to attack Rey Mysterio, while Matt Hardy works on Flair. Rey Mysterio hits a Toe Hold Drop onto Batista and sets him up for the 619! Rey Mysterio runs off the opposite ropes, but is tripped up by Ric Flair! Flair grabs Rey Mysterio's legs and tries to lock on the Figure-4, but Mysterio kicks him away before rolling into the corner. Batista gets up and charges at Mysterio, who jumps onto the turnbuckle sending Batista crashing into the corner. Mysterio goes over to Matt Hardy who is beating down on Flair. The Cruiserweights whip Flair into the ropes and take him down with a Double Arm Drag.

The countdown begins once again and the crowd looks towards the entrance. Minimum crowd reaction occurs as Jesus Aguilera appears. He walks down to the ring looking cool before climbing into the ring. He goes straight for Rhyno, who he knocks down with a Clothesline. He knocks both the Cruiserweights down with a Double Clothesline. The crowd boos as he looks at them and taunts. Jesus looks for Batista and starts attacking him, but can barely inflict pain before Batista picks him up and slams him down with a Bodyslam! Batista drops a few audible F-Bombs before picking up Jesus and going for the Powerbomb. Before he can execute the move, however, Matt Hardy slides from beneath and knocks Batista off his feet from behind. Jesus manages to escape, but turns around into a Gore from Rhyno! Rhyno tries to eliminate Jesus, while Matt Hardy works on Batista. Rey Mysterio is brawling with Flair and the counter is ticking once again.

The crowd cheers as Eugene comes down to the ring waving to the crowd. He climbs into the ring and starts clapping when he sees Rey Mysterio. He goes over to shake his hand and help him with Ric Flair. The two of them double team Flair with Eugene eventually tripping Flair into the 619 position! Eugene shouts “619!” as Rey Mysterio bounces off the ropes and swings through the opposite side before nailing Flair in the face! Flair hops backward, stumbling around into a Stunner from Eugene! The crowd goes wild, but Batista grabs Eugene and whips him into the ropes, knocking Rey Mysterio off the apron and onto the ground below! REY MYSTERIO IS ELIMINATED! Eugene cannot believe it and starts apologizing, but Batista comes up from behind and dumps Eugene to the outside! EUGENE IS ELIMINATED!

Batista and Flair go and drag Rhyno off Jesus and start beating the living hell out of him. Meanwhile, Billy Kidman emerges from the entrance ramp. He comes down to the ring and stands on the outside observing Batista and Flair. He tells them to move back and leave Rhyno next to the turnbuckle, before climbing to the top turnbuckle! The crowd gets onto their feet as Kidman leaps off with a Shooting Star Press! He connects before shouting at Batista and Flair to throw Rhyno over the top rope. Batista and Flair look at each other before kicking Kidman in the stomach and tossing him over the top rope! BILLY KIDMAN IS ELIMINATED!

Kidman stands outside, shocked at how he was eliminated so quick. He slams his hand in anger against the barricade before heading to the back. Inside the ring, Flair tries to eliminate Rhyno, but Batista goes over to work on Jesus who is recovering. Batista whips Jesus into the ropes and takes him down with a Spinebuster! Rhyno, on the other hand, punches Flair in the head before trying to eliminate him. Batista goes over to help Flair, while the countdown begins once again.

5…4…3…2…1…0! Chris Benoit comes down to a mixed reaction, due to his alignment with Evolution. He climbs into the ring and grabs Jesus before nailing him with a German Suplex! He goes over and punches Rhyno in the back before whipping him into the ropes and catching him with the Crippler Crossface! Batista and Flair promote Benoit by taunting the crowd and clapping as Rhyno taps out. All three Evolution members proceed to pick up Rhyno and toss him overboard! Rhyno is still fighting back and manages to hold onto the ropes and prevent himself from getting eliminated.

Jesus Aguilera realizes what's going on as he walks over and attacks Benoit. He whips him into the ropes before going for a Clothesline. Benoit ducks and nails the Three German Suplexes! Jesus is knocked out of his skull as he lies there in the middle of the ring. Meanwhile, Evolution tries to eliminate Rhyno, as the countdown begins. 3…2…1…0! The Big Show walks down to a HUGE pop. He climbs over to the top rope as all the superstars in the ring stop and stare in horror. Batista tells Flair and Benoit to stand back before going face to face with The Big Show.

The two monsters stand in the middle of the ring staring each other down until Batista goes for the first shot. His punch is deflected as Show knocks him down with a Big Boot to the face. Flair runs up next and is tossed up into the air and back down to the mat. Show turns around and is almost locked into the Crossface, but he resists and hits Benoit with a Chokeslam to the outside! CHRIS BENOIT IS ELIMINATED! The crowd cheers, but soon begins to boo as Jesus comes up from behind and attacks The Big Show. Show turns around, picks up Jesus and drops him over the top rope. JESUS AGUILERA IS ELIMINATED!

Show goes over to Rhyno and clotheslines him over the top rope, but Rhyno manages to land on the apron and rolls back into the ring. Evolution regroups in the corner and decide to attack Big Show two against one. All of them start pounding on him until he falls down. Flair locks on the Figure-4 while Batista drops elbows to the head of The Big Show. Rhyno comes up from behind and punches Flair from behind.

Heidenreich walks out from the stage and heads into the ring. No sooner as he gotten into the ring do the lights go out. The crowd goes wild, but when the lights turn back on nothing has happened. All the superstars are on the ground knocked out, except for Heidenreich who is knocked out on the outside of the ring! The referees look at each other then declare that HEIDENREICH HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! Inside the ring, all the superstars are beginning to recover slowly before all of them are standing staring each other down.

Batista is the first one to get back up. He shakes his head and looks around to find The Big Show getting back up as well as Flair. Matt Hardy and Rhyno are still down, but are slowly coming to their senses. Batista and Flair begin to surround The Big Show, but he holds them off with punches and a Boot to the face of Flair. Rhyno and Matt Hardy get up and start attacking The Big Show, but he throws them off. The Big Show stands tall in the ring, not realizing that the next entrant is about to come in.

“Basic Thuganomics” hits and the crowd boos as John Cena walks down mouthing off to them and heading down into the ring. He slides into the ring, ducks a punch from The Big Show and comes back with a Throwback! The Big Show falls down and lands on his back. Cena looks around before hitting the Five Knuckle Shuffle! Cena stands in the corner as The Big Show struggles onto his feet. Cena calls for the F-U, but Rhyno hits him with a Gore from the side! Cena folds up onto the mat as Rhyno takes his position and sees Flair chopping the hell out of The Big Show! Rhyno charges forward, but Flair sees this and moves, leading to Rhyno hitting a Gore onto Show, sending him into the corner.

The crowd is cheering Rhyno on as he turns around and ducks a clothesline from Batista before hitting him with a Shoulderblock of his own! Matt Hardy comes up behind Rhyno and spins him around. Hardy kicks Rhyno in the gut before going for the Twist of Fate, but Rhyno reverses it into a Suplex! The crowd is now going nuts as Rhyno beats on his chest and roars. This doesn't last too long as Flair takes his knees out from behind. Flair stands there and WHOOOs as the crowd follows along with him.

The car crash is heard and out comes Mick Foley to an ENORMOUS pop. He comes into the ring and the frustration in Flair's eyes is quite evident. Foley slides into the ring and exchanges punches with Flair. He knocks Flair into the corner before pulling out Mr.Socko and stuffing it in Flair's mouth! Flair struggles around before grapping the ropes and using the momentum to eliminate both himself and Mick Foley! RIC FLAIR IS ELIMINATED! MICK FOLEY IS ELIMINATED!

Foley releases his grip and continues beating on Flair, until Flair hits Foley with a lowblow. The crowd boos as Flair starts running through the crowd, but then begin to cheer as Foley follows him. Inside the ring, The Big Show is recovering, but it seems Matt Hardy has gotten up first. Hardy charges forward, but Show picks him up and tosses him over the top rope to the ground below! MATT HARDY IS ELIMINATED!

The Big Show laughs at Matt Hardy on the outside, but Batista and Rhyno come up from behind and try to dump The Big Show over the top rope! Show manages to land onto the apron and rolls back into the ring, where Rhyno and Batista start stomping him down. Meanwhile, the counter has begun once again and the crowd looks towards the entrance eager to discover the next participant.

It's none other than Edge who comes running down at full speed. He slides into the ring and out the other end! The crowd laughs at him, which frustrates him. The referees tell him that he hasn't been eliminated and allow him to get back. Edge slides into the ring and attacks Rhyno. He whips him into the ropes and catches him with an Edgecution! Edge proceeds to whip Batista into the rope, duck a clothesline, and come back. This time, Batista catches Edge with a Spinebuster! Batista picks up Edge and tries to throw him over, but Edge manages to hold onto the ropes and remain in the ring.

It's down to five men, all of whom are exhausted. The Big Show has gotten back up and now and is facing Batista in the middle of the ring, while Edge, Rhyno, and Cena recover in the corner. Both men grapple up, but Big Show gets the advantage and takes Batista down with a Scoop Slam. The Big Show turns his attention to Cena who is in the corner gasping for breath. Show charges forward, but receives a last effort elbow to the side of the head. Cena climbs onto the turnbuckle and leaps off hitting a Bulldog onto The Big Show!

Christian is out next to a good jeer from the crowd. He takes his time getting to the ring and when he does he tries to convince Cena to team up with him and eliminate The Big Show. Unfortunately, The Big Show manages to throw Cena back down with a clothesline and then picks up Christian in the Gorilla Press Position! Before he can toss Christian over the top, Edge hits a Spear onto The Big Show! Big Show drops Christian who lands in Edge's arm. Edge lets him down, only to have Christian hug him! Edge looks confused, but he pushes Christian down and shouts at him.

Edge begins moving towards Christian, but is attacked from behind by Batista. Christian rolls over to the ropes and stands to his feet. Rhyno sees an opportunity and charges forward! Christian falls back down and pulls the rope down, sending Rhyno flying over the top and to the outside! RHYNO IS ELIMINATED! The crowd boos as Christian gets cocky and starts showing off and going so far as to stand on the turnbuckle itself.

Bubba Ray Dudley is the 21st entrant into the match, but he doesn't come down to the ring at all. He goes over and sits at the announcers' table! The crowd starts booing him and when the announcers' ask what's wrong, he tells them he does whatever he wants when he wants. The match continues inside the ring as Christian, John Cena, Edge, Batista work on The Big Show. All of them work together, but Big Show remains persistent and remains inside the ring. This continues for another few minutes until the counter appears once again.

This time it's Shelton Benjamin who sprints down to the ring to a HUGE pop. He slides in and whips Christian into the corner before hitting a Stinger Splash, which sends Christian over the top rope to a good pop! CHRISTIAN IS ELIMINATED! Cena tries to punch Benjamin, but he ducks and hits the Dragon Whip! Benjamin turns around, and Batista goes for a Clothesline, but Benjamin ducks and Batista knocks Edge down instead! Batista turns back to Benjamin, who hits a Superkick onto Batista, sending him stumbling over the top rope! The crowd pops HUGE as BATISTA IS ELIMINATED!

Batista cannot believe that he's been eliminated, as he slides back into the ring and hits a ring-shaking Batista Bomb onto Shelton Benjamin. The referee's force Batista to head to the back as Benjamin lies there knocked out. Once again, The Big Show has stood back up and is keeping each man down with a kick the midsection. The counter reaches zero and this time…

D-Von Dudley appears from backstage. Bubba Dudley gets up from the announcers' table and the two Dudleyz walk to the ring. Instead of getting inside, however, both of them grab a table each and slide it into the ring! The Dudleyz both attack The Big Show before setting him up for the 3D! However, Big Show manages to reverse it and grabs both Dudleyz by the throat! The crowd pops huge as Show hits a Chokeslam onto The Dudleyz through both the tables! He picks both of them up and throws them to the outside! BUBBA RAY DUDLEY IS ELIMINATED! D-VON DUDLEY IS ELIMINATED!

Out of nowhere, we hear the words “Stay in the Back! There's a Hurricane coming through!” The crowd goes wild, but The Hurricane doesn't come out! Instead…it's Sugar Shane Helms, who comes down to the ring. He slides into the ring and sees a tired Big Show. He runs up and goes for an Shining Wizard, but The Big Show stands up and launches Helms to the outside for the almost immediate elimination! Helms crashes onto the outside, furious as he makes his way to the back. SUGAR SHANE HELMS IS ELIMINATED!

On the other side of the ring, Cena is getting the advantage on Edge and Benjamin. Cena manages to duck a Superkick from Benjamin before hitting him with an F-U! Edge tries to hit another Spear, but Cena moves and Edge sails through the middle rope! The referees declare that he is not eliminated! The Big Show tries to hit a Chokeslam onto Cena, but Cena kicks Show in the midsection before hoisting him up onto his shoulders! F-U! The ring shakes like hell as the crowd POPS HUGE for the move. Cena begins to taunt the crowd and doing the “You Can't See Me!” taunt to all his opponents, until the counter hits zero and some familiar music comes on!

Randy Orton emerges and comes down into the ring. He slides into the ring and both stare each other down. The crowd is cheering both men on now as both men go for a clothesline and knock each other down. Cena and Orton get back up and circle the ring once again before charging each other. Cena ducks a clothesline and hoists Orton for the F-U! Orton slides off and goes for an RKO, but Cena pushes him into the ropes. Orton bounces back into the F-U position, but Cena doesn't hit the move! He goes over the apron and throws Orton over the rope! Orton lands on the apron and ducks a punch from Cena before headbutting Cena in the stomach and getting back into the ring.

Cena tells Orton this isn't going to work and the two of them look over at The Big Show who is getting onto his feet. Both of them bounce off the ropes and charge at full speed knocking Show over the top rope and onto the ground below! THE BIG SHOW IS ELIMINATED! Cena shows off and signals that he eliminated The Big Show. Orton doesn't want this as he shoves Cena. This turns into a shoving contest before both men are knocked over the top rope by Edge and Shelton Benjamin! JOHN CENA IS ELIMINATED! RANDY ORTON IS ELIMINATED!

It's down to Shelton Benjamin and Edge, until Booker T comes down to a GOOD pop from the Fresno crowd. He gets into the ring and knocks Edge down with a kick to the face followed up with a Bookend to Shelton Benjamin! Booker T does a Spin-A-Roonie before waiting for Edge to get back onto his feet. Booker kicks Edge in the stomach before going for a Scissors Kick! Edge moves and catches Booker T with an Edgecution! All three men are down as the timer counts down again…

The crowd goes NUTS once again as the Heart Break Kid, Shawn Michaels comes prancing to the ring. He gets into the ring and does his full entrance as the other competitors are down and out. He looks around and sees Edge recovering. Michaels stands in the corner and begins tuning up the band, much to the pleasure of the crowd. He takes a few steps forward and goes for the kick, but Edge ducks and Shawn Michaels hits Booker T in the face instead! Shawn Michaels turns around into an Edgecution from Edge!

Shawn Michaels is down as is Booker T. Edge and Shelton Benjamin are recovering in different corners as the crowd starts a countdown. Edge and Shelton Benjamin are battling it out as we reach zero, when The Rock comes down to the BIGGEST MOTHER****ING POP OF THE NIGHT! He runs into the ring and all pumped up as the crowd starts a “Rocky! Rocky!” chant. Edge turns around and is hit with a Rockbottom! Benjamin tries to attack The Rock and is hit with a quick Rockbottom! The Rock turns around and catches Shawn Michaels with a Spinebuster! The crowd gets on their feet as The Rock removes an elbow pad, bounces off the ropes, and hits a Rockbottom! He turns back around and sees Booker T getting onto his feet. The Rock charges forward, but is kicked in the midsection! Booker T goes for another Scissors Kick, but Rock moves and nails Booker T with a Rockbottom!

The Rock is on a streak here as he stands in the corner and waits for someone to stand back up. Before he can perform another move, the lights go out and the crowd cheers! The lights come back on and The Undertaker is standing in the middle of the ring! The Rock looks afraid, but holds his fear back as he charges forward. The Undertaker knocks him down with a Big Boot to the face before hitting The Great One with a Chokeslam!

The other superstars all take their turns, attempting to attack The Deadman, but receiving Chokeslams and Big Boots for their efforts. Finally, it comes down to Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker. Each man stares one another down before making a move. Shawn Michaels goes for a Superkick, but The Undertaker dodges and goes for the Tombstone Piledriver! Shawn Michaels slides off The Undertaker's back and pushes him into the ropes.

The countdown begins as we prepare for the final entrant…Kane! Kane climbs into the ring and immediately attacks Shelton Benjamin, throwing him to the outside. SHELTON BENJAMIN IS ELIMINATED! Kane turns towards The Rock before hitting him with a Big Boot, sending him over the top rope and to the outside! THE ROCK IS ELIMINATED!

The crowd is popping huge for Kane's quick eliminations as it's now down to five men. Kane grabs Booker T, who elbows Kane in the stomach before going for a Scissors Kick! He hits and Kane falls down! Booker T celebrates a bit early, as Kane sits up and hits Booker T with a Chokeslam! Kane picks up Booker T and throws him to the outside onto Shelton Benjamin and The Rock! BOOKER T IS ELIMINATED!

Edge attacks Kane, but Kane catches him and throws him over! Edge manages to hold onto the ropes as he pulls himself back into the ring. Kane goes over to fight Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker, but Edge attacks him from behind once again! Kane looks furious as he chases Edge around the ring, but Edge slides to the outside and grabs a steel chair! He slides back into the ring and constantly slams it over Kane's head, sending the big man topping back over the top rope! KANE IS ELIMINATED!

Edge turns around to see The Undertaker going for another Tombstone Piledriver on Shawn Michaels! Shawn Michaels slides off The Undertaker's back before nailing him with a Sweet Chin Music sending The Deadman over the top rope! THE UNDERTAKER IS ELIMINATED! It's down to Edge and Shawn Michaels, but one of the most shocking events happens! Shawn Michaels takes a good look at Edge, then at The Undertaker. He looks at the crowd who is chanting “HBK! HBK!” Shawn Michaels hesitates for a minute before leaping out of the ring and onto The Undertaker! SHAWN MICHAELS IS ELIMINATED!

The referee calls for the bell and announces EDGE to be the winner of the 2005 Royal Rumble! Edge cannot believe it, but he looks confused as he sees Shawn Michaels heading up the ramp winking at him.

-----------

JR: Edge! Edge! Edge has won The Royal Rumble! Edge is going to go on to WrestleMania 21!

Tazz: That Edge has got talent, JR! Even when he was on Smackdown, he was doing wonders for our brand!

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen, what a night this has been both for us and I'm sure that Edge is feeling the same way! Make sure to tune in tomorrow night for the fallout of The Royal Rumble!

Tazz: You heard the man, folks. Good night from Fresno, California!

------------

OOC: Ladies and Gentlemen...the Royal 'Freakin' Rumble! I know some of the matches were short, but that was so I could 'accomodate' the Rumble match itself. Feedback is appreciated as usual!

Raw Preview | January 31, 2005

Prepare to witness the epic fallout from one of the biggest shows of the season, The Royal Rumble! Last night, 30 superstars fought it out in one ring to solidify their position in the mainevent of WrestleMania 21!

The Intercontinental Championship remained in the hands of Steven Richards last night after he defeated Val Venis in a No Disqualifications Match! The title will be on the line once more as Richards takes on the returning Sugar Shane Helms! Will Stevie Richards manage to keep the title or will Shane Helms restore himself with Intercontinental Gold?!

The World Heavyweight Championship exchanged hands last night as Chris Jericho made The Game tap out in the middle of the ring! Triple H will not be happy about this and will certainly have some choice words to say about his title loss! What's going to happen when both men get in the ring with each other once again?

After months of being humiliated, Edge has finally secured his title shot at WrestleMania 21! After defeating 29 other men last night in the Royal Rumble, Edge will be in the building tonight and his attitude could not be better! What will he have to say about his win and about the other superstars that took part in the epic match last night?

Confirmed Matches

Steven Richards© vs. Shane Helms - Intercontinental Championship Match

• 2 weeks later...

WWE RAW

JANUARY 31, 2005

[The opening video hits before showing highlights from The Royal Rumble. The camera pans the crowd as we hit the announcers' table for the opening announcements.]

----------

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to Monday Night Raw! We are 24 hours removed from The Royal Rumble, which was an excellent show!

The King: I'm glad Edge won, but I'm mad that Triple H lost to Chris Jericho!

Jim Ross: Speaking of Triple H…

----------

WHO'S THE CONTENDER?

[Triple H comes down to the ring with Evolution following behind. He gets into the ring and takes a microphone as the crowd begins 'You Tapped Out' chants. He holds the microphone close to his face and speaks.]

Triple H: You all must be pleased that Chris Jericho is the New World Heavyweight Champion! Guess what…I don't care, because we all know that I am going to win the title back at No…Way…Out!

[The crowd boos him, but Triple H laughs them off]

Triple H: You all know its inevitable! I would demand a rematch here tonight, but I don't think that the fans here deserve to see me in action!

[The crowd boos again and starts up 'Jericho' chants]

Triple H: So what I'm going to do instead is ask Eric Bischoff to come out here and make the title match for No…Way…Out and we can all be on our way.

[He pauses for a moment, but Edge comes down to the ring instead. Edge takes a microphone and stands up to Triple H.]

Edge: You might deserve a rematch and you might not. I know you're going to get one, because of the stupid rematch clause, but it's not going to be at No Way Out! You see, I won The Royal Rumble last night, but I also won at New Year's Revolution, which means I'm the #1 Contender for No Way Out!

Triple H: You're not the contender for anything! You might've won The Royal Rumble, but that means your Contendership for No Way Out is cancelled!

Edge: What kind of crap is that!

[both men are interrupted as Eric Bischoff comes down to the ring]

Bischoff: I see that we have a conflict of two agreements here. Now, Edge did indeed win the #1 Contendership, but Triple H does indeed have a rematch clause as former World Heavyweight Champion.

[Triple H smiles and claps]

Bischoff: But…since this cannot be decided right here and right now…we're going to have ourselves a little match. Tonight…in the mainevent…it's going to be Triple H versus Edge to decide the #1 Contendership for No Way Out!

[He leaves the ring as Edge and Triple H stare each other down]

----------

Jim Ross: Mah Gawd! Triple H and Edge are going to go at it for a chance at the World Heavyweight Championship!

King: I've got my money on The Game, JR! With Evolution by his side, he can't lose!

Jim Ross: I am sure Evolution will have an important role in the match tonight, but Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up next the Intercontinental Championship will be on the line as Steven Richards defends against Shane Helms!

----------

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

SHANE HELMS vs. STEVEN RICHARDS©

This was a good opener and it was nice to see Shane Helms back in the ring after a long absence. The crowd was booing Richards like hell and for each move he pulled off. Richards dominated for most of the match and even hit a few DDTs, but Helms kicked out of all of them. Richards became frustrated as he went outside to grab a chair, but Venis jumped out from the crowd and took Richards down! The referee called for an immediate Disqualification.

Venis slide into the ring and waited for Helms to stand up. He raised Helms' hand as the crowd began to cheer. The cheers turned into boos as Venis spun Helms around and hit him with a DDT onto the chair!

----------

Jim Ross: What in god's name is Val Venis doing! The man has snapped!

King: Someone better get some referees out here or else he's going to take both Richards and Helms out of here!

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentlemen…we have just witnessed one of the most shocking events here tonight.

King: Just keep Val Venis away from me and I'll be fine.

----------

ONE HALF DOWN. ONE HALF REMAINING.

[Rhyno is warming up as he walks down the hallway and into his locker room.]

Rhyno: Tajiri! We got our match up next against Batista and Ric Flair! Hey…you in here?

[He looks around and then runs over to the corner where Tajiri has been knocked out]

Rhyno: Damn.

[He gets up and continues walking down the hall, looking more furious than ever]

----------

Jim Ross: It seems Tajiri has been knocked out! It looks like Rhyno is going to face Batista and Ric Flair on his own!

King: He might as well quit right now, JR! There is no way he can beat both Batista and Ric Flair! Heck…he can't even beat Chris Benoit!

Jim Ross: We're going to have to wait and see, King. Rhyno has got a heart of gold and a hunger for victory.

King: Whatever.

----------

HANDICAP MATCH

RHYNO vs. BATISTA AND RIC FLAIR

This was an interesting match, which had it's high points and it's low points. All the low points involved interaction between Ric Flair and Rhyno, as both men had little to no chemistry in the ring. However, the Batista/Rhyno involvement was tremendous as both men had a natural flow with one another. The crowd was heavily on Rhyno's side, which added to the momentum of the match. The ending came when Batista got knocked off the apron, allowing Rhyno to nail Flair with the Gore for the win!

Afterwards, Batista headed up the ramp as Rhyno pounded his chest in victory.

----------

Jim Ross: Rhyno overcoming the odds and picking up the win here tonight!

King: It was a lucky win, JR! He beat Ric Flair! That doesn't mean anything!

Jim Ross: Ric Flair is one of the greatest wrestlers in the history of this business. In my book, that certainly is something.

King: Oh well…Triple H will make up for it later tonight when he beats Edge!

----------

FIRST MATCH FOR NO WAY OUT!

[shane Helms and Steven Richards are standing in Eric Bischoff's office looking upset and holding their heads, when Bischoff walks in]

Bischoff: Stevie! Shane! What can I do for you fellows?

Richards: I want Val Venis right now!

Bischoff: I don't think that's possible right now. You see, Val Venis has left the building already, but…

Helms: What do you mean he left the building! Did you not see what he just did to us in that ring?

Bischoff: I was just getting…

Helms: We want Richards or someone is going to get hurt, Eric!

Bischoff: You two are going to face Val Venis inside of a Steel Cage at No Way Out for the Intercontinental Title!

Richards: What?!

Helms: Awesome. Thanks, Eric.

[bischoff smiles and nods his head as Richards and Helms leave arguing over who's going to win the title]

----------

Jim Ross: Did you hear that, King? We've got our first match for No Way Out!

King: And it's inside of a Steel Cage! It doesn't get better than that, JR!

Jim Ross: It certainly doesn't! You can only win by escaping the cage of by climbing over the top!

----------

I SHOULD'VE WON THE ROYAL RUMBLE!

[Kane comes down to the ring to a good pop from the crowd. He takes a microphone and waits for the crowd to settle down.]

Kane: Last night I should've been the most dominant man in the Royal Rumble! I should've eliminated the most superstars and I should've won The Royal Rumble! It should be me in the mainevent of Wrestle Mania 21! It should be me going for the World Heavyweight Championship! It should be me…

[He pauses and looks at the crowd]

Kane: It should be in the #1 Contender's match tonight. Eric Bischoff…I know we haven't seen eye to eye in recent months, but tonight I am asking that you make the #1 Contender's match a Triple Threat.

[The crowd cheers, but nothing happens. Kane begins to get pissed as he throws the microphone on the ground. He goes over to the ropes and starts shouting at the back.]

Kane: Get out here right now!

[He turns around and is hit with a sudden Spear from Edge! The crowd boos as Edge rolls to the outside and heads up the ramp smiling]

----------

Jim Ross: What the hell! Edge just Speared Kane for no reason what so ever!

King: There was a reason! Did you see how Kane was running his mouth out there!

Jim Ross: Well Ladies and Gentlemen…still to come tonight is our mainevent between Triple H and Edge. The winner will go on to face Chris Jericho for the World Heavyweight Championship at No Way Out!

King: Speaking of Chris Jericho…where is he?

Jim Ross: I have no clue, King, but wherever he is…I'm sure he's having a good time.

----------

SINGLES MATCH

CHRIS BENOIT vs. SHELTON BENJAMIN

This match took place much to the surprise of the crowd, but the crowd was pleased to see two athletes go at it in the middle of the ring. The match started off with Benoit attempting to lock on a number of submissions, but Benjamin reversed each of them. Benoit discovered that this tactic wasn't going to work, so he began to incorporate brawling techniques and eventually got the better half of Benjamin after reversing the T-Bone Suplex into a Crossface!

----------

JR: Chris Benoit forcing Shelton Benjamin to tap to the Crossface!

King: No one can escape that move, JR! Chris Benoit is a master of the Crossface!

JR: He certainly is, but I still don't understand why he would want to join Evolution!

King: The benefits! The health care! The dental plan! Evolution is just styling and profiling and helping their members with special benefits!

----------

THE CHAMPION IS HERE…

[Chris Jericho is seen arriving backstage. He has the World Heavyweight Title around his shoulder and he receives a huge pop as he steps out of the limo and begins walking down the hall]

----------

JR: Chris Jericho is here! He's coming down to the ring right now!

King: Oh man! We don't want you down here Jericho! Get back into the limo and go home! Leave the title here, though.

----------

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

[Jericho comes down to an immense pop from the crowd. He takes his time getting into the ring and taking a microphone.]

Jericho: Ladies and Germs…I'm Chris Jericho! I'm the King of the World! I'm The Ayatollah of Rock and Roll! I'm…The World Heavyweight Champion!

[The crowd cheers him on]

Jericho: I've waited in the shadows for quite some time now until I was given a shot last night at The Royal Rumble where I beat Triple H's *** into submission! That's right…I made The Game tap out to the Walls of Jericho!

[The crowd cheers and begins a 'Jericho' chant]

Jericho: Now I've just come to the arena and I heard that tonight we're going to have a #1 Contender's match to see who gets to face me at No Way Out. Well…first of all I don't feel Triple H deserves to face me, because he's a total idiot. Second…I don't think Edge deserves to face me, because…well…Edge is just the biggest assclown on the face of the earth!

[The crowd laughs as Jericho continues]

Jericho: You know who I think deserves to face me? Shawn Michaels. Randy Orton. Hell…even Chris Benoit. These are the men who go that extra mile and don't expect things to be handed to them. But…I don't have control over this, because I am not the General Manager of Raw.

[The crowd boos]

Jericho: I know. I know…sad isn't it. Well, I'm going to have to just sit back and watch and see who I get to face at No Way Out.

[Jericho is interrupted as the referee comes down to the ring. The referee tells Jericho to leave the ring as the match is going to begin soon]

Jericho: What? Wait a minute. You need to go back, because I just had an idea. Since I'm going to be facing one of these men in a few weeks…I think I should be the guest referee for the match!

[The referee thinks it over then heads to the back as Jericho removes his shirt to reveal a referee **** underneath.]

----------

JR: Chris Jericho is going to be the guest referee!

King: Oh man, now Triple H is never going to become the champion!

JR: I'm sure that Chris Jericho will call all the shots down the middle, King.

----------

#1 CONTENDER'S MATCH

EDGE vs. TRIPLE H w/ EVOLUTION

This was an intense match, but a very fun one. Both competitors kept their eyes on Jericho as well as their opponent to make sure no one gained an advantage. Jericho teased an attack several times, much to the pleasure of the crowd. Match wise, this was rather good with both men dominating several times. The ending was a tad overbooked, but the crowd was into it, so it made up:

Edge went for a Spear, but Triple H moved and caused Edge to nail Jericho instead! Jericho rolled to the outside clutching his stomach. Edge turned around into a Pedigree attempt from Triple H! The move never connected as Randy Orton ran into the ring and nailed Triple H with an RKO! Evolution stormed the ring and it turned into an all-out brawl. Edge managed to Spear Flair as Rhyno ran down and Gored Batista! Benoit and Orton brawled around for a bit, as Kane came down and took out Edge with a Chokeslam!

Jericho came back into the ring with the World Heavyweight Title. He waited for Edge to stand up, but Edge ducked and Jericho nailed Kane in the head instead! Edge tried to attack Jericho, but Flair hit him with a Lowblow from behind, taking him out of action. Randy Orton was soon taken to the outside by Ric Flair, who kept Orton down on the outside. Jericho turned around and walked into a Crossface from Chris Benoit! Benoit held it on for a minute or two forcing Jericho the tap.

The end saw Benoit helping his Evolution team mates up the ramp as the faces lay in the ring, stunned or knocked out.

----------

JR: Mah Gawd! What a night it has been! What's going to happen next week, Ladies and Gentlemen? Tune in to find out!

----------

OOC: Haha, Cole. Don't worry I haven't forgotten about the folks here at EWB. Here's Raw and I'll be posting Smackdown later tonight!

Smackdown Preview | February 3, 2005

It has been just three days since The Royal Rumble and the Smackdown superstars are looking for redemption!

Rob Van Dam earned a shot at the United States Championship, but was cheated out of the match after Carlito Caribbean Cool used a chair to his advantage! Tonight, Rob Van Dam is sure to be looking for revenge and he will get it as he goes one on one with Carlito's apprentice, Jesus Aguilera. Will Rob Van Dam come out the victor or will his streak go to 0-2?

Despite his efforts, Eddie Guerrero could not defeat Kurt Angle, allowing Angle to retain his WWE Championship! Tonight, Eddie Guerrero will be involved in a huge six man tag match as he teams up with Booker T and The Undertaker to take on the team of Kurt Angle, John Bradshaw Layfield, and John Cena! Which team will walk out the victor and what does this mean for the WWE Championship?

All this and more tonight on Smackdown!

Confirmed Matches

Rob Van Dam vs. Jesus Aguilera

Eddie Guerrero, Booker T, The Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle, JBL, and John Cena

WWE SMACKDOWN

FEBRUARY 3, 2005

[The opening video package plays before highlights from The Royal Rumble are shown. The camera proceeds to pan the audience before cutting to the announcers' table.]

Cole: Welcome to Smackdown Ladies and Gentlemen! We are hitting it off after one of the most exciting events in recent memory, The Royal Rumble!

Tazz: 15 Smackdown superstars and 15 Raw superstars went at it for a chance in the mainevent of WrestleMania 21! Smackdown just wasn't able to make the cut as Edge won The Royal Rumble.

Cole: We wish Edge the best of luck in his quest to WrestleMania 21, but where does this leave Smackdown?

Tazz: I have no idea, Cole. I mean, the WWE Champion has to defend his title at WrestleMania, but right now we don't know who the #1 Contender is!

-----------

WIRED WEDNESDAY UPDATE

[Theodore Long comes down to the ring with a microphone. He looks somewhat disappointed as he climbs between the ropes and waits for the crowd to settle down]

Long: Last week I had high hopes for our superstars here on Smackdown going into The Royal Rumble. I had expected a Smackdown superstar to win considering our impressive record for The Royal Rumble. Well, now Smackdown doesn't have a contender to Kurt Angle's WWE Championship at WrestleMania 21!

[The crowd boos]

Long: Well, we all know that Smackdown is going to be having it's first interactive PPV at Wired Wednesday! That means…we're gonna see who is the #1 Contender for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 21! Now, next week on Smackdown we're gonna have a Battle Royal to determine the #1 Contender for the WWE Championship at Wired Wednesday, but the losers of the match are gonna face off once again at Wired Wednesday to determine the #1 Contender for WrestleMania!

[The crowd cheers]

Long: I understand that this is all about fan interaction so I'm leaving it up to the fans to decide what kind of match this is going to be. Is it going to be a normal Elimination Match? That sounds kind of boring, but we've also got an Elimination Hardcore Match or my personal favorite…an Elimination Ring of Wire Match!

[The crowd cheers]

Long: The Ring of Wire Match…something I just thought of a few minutes ago, but I think it'll make up for it's quick birth. You see, the competitors are gonna be inside the ring, but of course the ring is going to be surrounded with barbed wire! Also, anything goes inside the ring and the last man remaining will get a shot at the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 21! Now believe that, Playas!

[The crowd goes nuts as Long leaves the ring]

-----------

Cole: You heard the man, folks. You can go online and vote now for the type of match at Wired Wednesday!

Tazz: What about the Battle Royal next week, Cole! I wonder who's going to be in the match tonight!

Cole: I'm anxious to find out as well Tazz, but right now we've got Paul London taking on Shannon Moore in some Cruiserweight action!

Tazz: If these two impress Theodore Long tonight, they just might have a chance to be in the Battle Royal next week!

-----------

SINGLES MATCH

ROB VAN DAM vs. JESUS AGUILERA

This match started our rather slow with Rob Van Dam dominating most of the offense. Jesus managed to block a kick from RVD and planted RVD with a Big Boot, which changed the tides for a minute or two. RVD gained the advantage once again after rolling off Jesus back and pushing him into the turnbuckle, followed with a Spinning Wheel Kick to the face of Jesus. RVD proceeded to climb to the top rope for the Five Star Frog Splash, but Carlito came running down and distracted RVD long enough for Jesus to nail his Facebuster! 1…2…3!

-----------

Cole: What the hell is Carlito doing? I thought he had enough at The Royal Rumble where he cheated to retain his United States Championship!

Tazz: He's doing what he's gotta do, Cole. I'm not angry at him and you shouldn't be either.

Cole: I can't believe him…

-----------

NEXT MATCH FOR WIRED WEDNESDAY!

[Theodore Long steps out of his office and spots Carlito and Jesus escaping. He turns back around and sees Rob Van Dam gasping and running after them. He stops.]

Long: Hold a second, Playa! What's all the rush about?

RVD: Teddy, man, give me a match for Wired Wednesday.

Long: I was gonna give you a spot in the Battle Royal next week, but if you want something else…

RVD: I want Carlito Cool at Wired Wednesday!

Long: Agreed, but you gotta remember one thing. The match stipulation is in the hands of the fans, Rob.

RVD: I know and that's why I want the match. I know my fans won't let me down, because I'm R…V…D.

[He thanks Theodore Long and heads off down the hall as Long smiles and shakes his head.]

-----------

Cole: We have another match made for Wired Wednesday! Rob Van Dam versus Carlito Caribbean Cool for the United States Championship!

Tazz: So that makes a #1 Contender's Battle Royal, the WWE Championship match…and now a match for the United States Championship!

Cole: What an event this is shaping up to be!

-----------

TRIPLE THREAT TAG MATCH

THE BASHAMS vs. THE DUDLEYZ vs. THE FOREIGN CONNECTION

This was an interesting match since all three teams were heels. The crowd started a “Tables” chant whenever one of The Dudleyz were in the ring. The match dragged on for quite a while until the crowd started chanting “Boring!” The end came when The Bashams pulled the old switcheroo trick and pinned D-Von in the middle of the ring.

Afterwards, the Foreign Connection began arguing with The Dudleyz, but no punches were thrown.

-----------

Cole: The Bashams cheated to win! Can someone here win without cheating, Tazz?

Tazz: I guess not, but it doesn't matter, because a win is a win.

Cole: That's true, Tazz, but I still think it's wrong. Ladies and Gentlemen, still to come tonight is a huge six man tag match, but also coming tonight is Rey Mysterio taking on Spike Dudley!

Tazz: That's gonna be off the chain!

-----------

GET OUT OF MY FACE!

[Rene Dupree looks furious as he's stomping around backstage. He passes Shannon Moore, but just pushes him in the wall.]

Dupree: Get ze hell out my face!

[Moore crumples to the floor as Dupree continues walking]

-----------

Cole: Dupree certainly doesn't seem to pleased about losing.

Tazz: I wouldn't be too pleased, either, Cole. Now he might not get a chance to be in the Battle Royal next week.

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen, two matches have already been made tonight for Wired Wednesday in addition to the WWE Championship Match and the #1 Contender's Match!

Tazz: Hey, Cole, guess what else is going down tonight?

Cole: I almost forgot to mention, Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight Rey Mysterio will face Heidenreich one on one!

-----------

LET'S GET ALONG FOR TONIGHT, SHALL WE?

[Kurt Angle, John Bradshaw Layfield, and John Cena are all standing in the room backstage.]

JBL: Look guys, we've got a tag team match coming up later tonight and I don't think we're going to win unless we get along.

Cena: Man, what's all this crap about getting along? I'm John Cena…I'm the Franchise and I don't need Dumb and Dumber to win matches for me.

Angle: Hey! Look, I'm the WWE Champion and I think that we should focus our energies on working on Eddie Guerrero. Did you see the beating that I gave him at The Royal Rumble? That's the beating we're gonna give him tonight.

Cena: You call that sissy fight a beating? Dog, you're on something else.

[Cena leaves the room as Angle looks frustrated. JBL looks confused as he sits there]

-----------

Cole: It doesn't look like Angle's team is getting along too well, Tazz!

Tazz: They're gonna have to work together if they want to impress Theodore Long, Cole.

Cole: That's absolutely correct.

-----------

YOU GET MY BACK AND I'LL GET YOUR BACK

[Paul Heyman and Heidenreich are walking down the hall when Nick Gambino walks up to them]

Heyman: Nick Gambino! Just the man I wanted to see!

Gambino: Cut the crap, Paul. What the hell happened last Sunday? Were was Heidenreich when I was being dragged to the back by Brent Clifton?

Heyman: You see…I…

Gambino: I'll tell you exactly where he was. He was in the back doing who knows what!

Heyman: My client was waiting for his number so he could enter The Royal Rumble!

Gambino: That wasn't part of the plan! He was supposed to help me win if I gave him The Undertaker! I did exactly that and look what happened!

Heyman: You gave us The Undertaker before The Royal Rumble and he took me out and at The Royal Rumble, if you remember correctly Mr. Gambino, the Undertaker took Heidenreich out…again! So what are we gonna do about that, Mr. Gambino?

[Gambino looks frustrated as he strokes his chin thinking of a solution]

Gambino: Look…here's what we're going to do.

[The three of them continue walking off]

-----------

Cole: I wonder what's going on.

Tazz: You know that whenever Paul Heyman and Nick Gambino put their minds together…something's gonna happen!

Cole: Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up next is Rey Mysterio taking on Heidenreich!

Tazz: Rey Mysterio is going to get squashed like the bug he is!

-----------

SINGLES MATCH

REY MYSTERIO vs. HEIDENREICH

[Rey Mysterio is in the ring waiting for Heidenreich to come out, but instead out comes Paul Heyman into the ring with a microphone.]

Heyman: Hey Rey-Rey! Nice to see you again! I know you were looking oh so forward to facing Heidenreich tonight, but you see…plans have changed. Heidenreich doesn't feel worthy of your Cruiserweight skill and has decided to drop out of the match.

[Rey Mysterio looks confused as the referee goes to ring the bell.]

Heyman: Hold on a minute there Ref! I've still got something to say. Rey…you're still gonna have a match against someone. Someone named…Nick Gambino!

[Gambino comes running down the ramp as the crowd boos]

Heyman: Have fun!

[Rey Mysterio manages to duck a clothesline and dropkicks Gambino to the outside. He turns towards Paul Heyman and whips him into the ropes before employing a Drop Toe Hold to the 2nd Rope!]

Mysterio: 619!

[Rey Mysterio goes for the 619, but Gambino pulls Heyman to the outside before Mysterio can hit the move.]

-----------

Cole: What's going on here!

Tazz: It looks like we're gonna see Rey Mysterio versus Nick Gambino!

-----------

SINGLES MATCH

REY MYSTERIO vs. NICK GAMBINO

This was a very good match for Smackdown standards. Both men had a tremendous showing and some nice spots were hit, including a nice wrestling sequence from both men. Eventually, Gambino realized that technical tactics weren't going to work against Mysterio so he began employing a more brawl-orientated move-set. The ending came when Gambino tried to cheat with a chair when the referee was knocked out, but was stopped as Brent Clifton came running down and locked on the Sharpshooter! Gambino managed to reach the ropes, but Mysterio bounces off and nailed a 619 while Gambino was still in the Sharpshooter! The referee woke up just as Mysterio made the pinfall. 1…2…3!

-----------

Cole: Mysterio did it! He beat Nick Gambino!

Tazz: He only won, because of Brent Clifton, Cole.

Cole: Maybe, but it was Nick Gambino who tried cheating first of all.

Tazz: Whatever.

-----------

NO CHANCE IN THE WORLD!

[Kurt Angle is walking backstage ready for his match when he bumps into Rey Mysterio.]

Angle: That was a good match out there Rey.

Mysterio: Thanks, Kurt.

Angle: But let me tell you something. Even if you get into the Battle Royal next week, there is no way in hell you're going to win.

Mysterio: Yeah?

Angle: Yeah, I'll make sure of it.

[The two of them part ways]

-----------

Cole: I wonder if Rey Mysterio will indeed be in the Battle Royal next week.

Tazz: He won't stand a chance even if he is, Cole.

Cole: You should never underestimate Rey Mysterio, Tazz.

Tazz: Ok, you do that, Cole.

Cole: ???. Ladies and Gentlemen, up next is a huge six man tag match!

-----------

SIX-MAN TAG MATCH

EDDIE GUERRERO, BOOKER T, THE UNDERTAKER vs. KURT ANGLE, JBL, and JOHN CENA

This was a surprisingly decent match, although it should've been at least good. The match had some good moments between Angle and Eddie, but all the other competitors didn't cut it as well as they could've. The ending was rather hot, however, as Heidenreich got involved in the mix.

Heidenreich interfered and took out The Undertaker as both of them brawled into the back. Inside the ring, Kurt Angle hit Booker T with a quick Angle Slam, but was taken out by Eddie Guerrero. Cena went for the pin, but JBL broke it up! The two of them argued back and forth until the referee told JBL to get back into the corner. Booker T took advantage and hit Cena with a Lowblow before rolling him up for the win!

-----------

Cole: Booker T wins it for his team!

Tazz: Yeah…after hitting a Lowblow, Cole. That's not winning!

Cole: Like you said earlier, Tazz, winning is winning!

Tazz: I should keep my mouth shut next time!

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen, make sure to join us next week for Smackdown!

-----------

Gotta say im lovin the story and to be quite honest be mainly reading the RAW side of the diary i think u should hire a couple of people though just some new faces to keep the rosters fresh