WWF 1990

EWRFan

* The Backstory...sort of*

The backstory is simple....no backstory. No fancy drama or fake unrealistic reason of how I became the promoter of the WWF. We will begin this diary on January 1st 1990. I plan on making this fairly reaslistic to the times with jobber matches and larger than life characters, combined with a little of modernization as time goes on.

Backstage events will play an important part of the diary. Typical EWR events like injuries and backstage problems will be fleshed out to be a story of their own. I might also add backstage fight and booking problems among other things after some time in the diary.

Another thing: WWF The Magazine. I will add this specific segments every Sunday(with the exception of the initial Sunday since their is not much to write about). They will be done in kayfabe and will hype upcoming matches, events and characters.

The Dirt Sheets: Since Internet was very limited in 1990, I will use this dirtsheets instead. The dirt sheets where commonly bought and sought after by promoters and wrestlers alike during this time to keep an eye on the competition and to see what events or plans have leaked out. Usually it will be a booker or Vince himself reading the dirtsheet.

I hope you all enjoy this diary as much as I will enjoy writing it.

Here are some backstory results from the final event of 1989 (at least the final one I could find)

Saturday Night's Main Event #24

October 31, 1989 in Topeka, KS

Shown November 25, 1989 on NBC (8.7)

WWF I-C Champ Ultimate Warrior beat Andre the Giant (7:47) via DQ.

Lanny Poffo beat WWF World Champ Hulk Hogan (7:44) via countout.

Dusty Rhodes pinned Bog Boss Man (4:46).

Mr. Perfect pinned Red Rooster (4:13).

The Rockers beat Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard in three falls.

Jannetty pinned Blanchard (1:50).

Blanchard pinned Michaels (4:04).

Michaels pinned Anderson.

Event: No Holds Barred: "The Match/The Movie"

Date: December 27, 1989

Arena: Muncipal Auditorium

"No Holds Barred" movie is shown.....Taped Steel Cage Match: Hulk Hogan and Brutus Beefcake defeated Randy Savage and Zeus (9:32) in a "steel cage" match.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roster

* Faces in blue, heels in red, tweeners in green *

Main Event:

Hulk Hogan (WWF Champion 100 over)

Ultimate Warrior (WWF Intercontinental Champion 92 Over)

"Macho King" Randy Savage (90 over)

Upper Midcard:

Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake (77 over)

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes (82 Over)

Jake "The Snake" Roberts (80 over)

Andre the Giant (WWF Tag Team Champion 88 over)

Mr. Perfect (88 Over)

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase (Million Dollar Champion 83 Over)

Midcard:

Ax (76 Over)

Smash (76 Over)

Bret "The Hitman" Hart (74 Over)

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart (72 Over)

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan (79 Over)

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka (78 Over)

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper (78 Over)

Akeem (64 Over)

Big Bossman (67 Over)

Bad News Brown (69 Over)

Haku (WWF tag team champion 79 Over)

Dino Bravo (76 Over)

"Ravishing" Rick Rude (82 Over)

The Genius (65 Over)

Virgil (70 Over)

Lower Midcard:

Butch (64 Over)

Luke (64 Over)

Hercules Hernandez(63 Over)

Hillbilly Jim (62 Over)

Jim Powers (52 Over)

Paul Roma (52 Over)

Marty Jeannetty (65 Over)

Shawn Michaels (65 Over)

"Rugged" Ronnie Garvin (55 Over)

Tito Santana (64 Over)

Tugboat (54 Over)

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine (59 Over)

Honky Tonk Man (60 Over)

Jacques Rogueau Jr (66 Over)

Raymond Rogueau (66 Over)

"The Model" Rick Martel (64 Over)

The Barbarian (62 Over)

The Warlord (62 Over)

Openers:

Al Perez (47 Over)

Koko B Ware (54 Over)

The Red Rooster (56 Over)

Tim Horner (44 Over)

Boris Zhukov (48 Over)

Nikolai Volkoff (51 Over)

Jobbers:

Barry Hardy (25 Over)

Barry Harowitz (35 Over)

Chris Walker (25 Over)

Louie Spicolli (15 Over)

Reno Riggins (10 Over)

Bob Bradley (10 Over)

Brooklyn Brawler (30 Over)

Butch Stanley (10 Over)

Iron Mike Sharpe (20 Over)

Kevin Krueger (10 Over)

WWF Event Schedule for 1990

The Royal Rumble (PPV January 22 1990)

Saturday Night's Main Event #25 (February 19 1990)

Wrestlemania VI (PPV March 26 1990)

Saturday Night's Main Event #26 (April 30 1990)

The King of the Ring (NEW PPV on May 21 1990)

Tuesday in Texas (NEW PPV on June 27 1990)

Saturday Night's Main Event #27 (July 23 1990)

Summerslam (PPV August 27 1990)

Saturday Night's Main Event #28 (September 24 1990)

The Wrestling Classic (NEW PPV on October 15 1990)

Survivor Series (PPV on November 26 1990)

Saturday Night's Main Event #29 YEAR END SPECIAL (December 31 1990)

Television Schedule:

Prime Time Wrestling (Monday's on USA Network, 8:00-10:00pm)

Wrestling Challenge (Saturday's on USA Network 11:00am- 12:00pm)

WWF Superstars (Sunday's on FOX, 11:00am-12:00pm)

The Wrestling Observer

IMPORTANT WWF NEWS!!!!!!

This just in. According to one reliable inside source in the WWF, Andre the Giant's health is getting worst with every passing day and he is unfit to wrestle. Yes, we have known this for over a year now, but it seems the condition is such that Andre has asked Vince McMahon to remove him from the ring inmediatly. This created a stir in the WWF offices, but understanding of the condition and out of loyalty to Andre, Vince has decided to Vacate the WWF Tag Team Titles and make a tournament to crown new champions.

Andre is expected to be turned babyface soon and given one final feud leading to Wrestlemania where he will have his farewell match and accept a job in other capacity with the promotion, such as an onscreen personality of sorts.

In other news in the wrestling world, after a disastrous stint in the WWF, Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson are returning to the NWA. They are expected to make their TV return at some point in the following weeks.

Meanwhile, the WWF have opened a new feeder fed called Connecticut All Star Wrestling in Vince's backyard(figure of speech) that will be operated by new WWF booker Eddie Chandler. The wrestlers signed to that federation will be revealed shortly.

Finally, Ricky Steamboat is on his way to the WWF as he and Vince have agreed to terms. It is unknown what role will The Dragon have on TV and when he will debut.

Will definately keep an eye on this, 1990 was the year I really go into wrestling, I watched it for a few years before but '90 was when I got cable and was able to really keep up with it on a regular basis and start watching the PPVs,. Look forward to seeing what you have in store :)

Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Page 2

AWA raided by the WWF

Several AWA wrestlers have been signed by the WWF in the past 24 hours. Pat Tanaka and Paul Diamond known as Bad Company have agreed to an exclusive WWF contract and are expected to debut soon.

Other wrestlers have signed exclusive deals to work for the WWF's feeder fed Connecticut All Star Wrestling. This wrestlers are The Texas Hangmen Psycho and Killer, Mike Awesome,John Nord and The Destruction Crew, Wayne Bloom and Mike Enos.

Many people rumor that the WWF did this in order to stop the NWA from acquiring some of this talent, since the AWA/NWA merger has been rumored for the past couple of months.

In related news, The Nasty Boys are not going to the NWA afterall. Someone close to the negotiations told us that they backed out of their deal because they had a better offer from the WWF. More on this as it develops.

user posted image

WWF Superstars

January 01 1990

USA Network

Presented by Hasbro. Hasbro presents WWF Superstars #1, 6 figures total. Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant, "Macho King" Randy Savage and "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase. Collect them all!

Announcers: Vince McMahon & Jesse Ventura

The Young Stallions d. Bob Bradley & Butch Stanley (4:33)

Competitive squash. The heels had a total of one minute of offense and it consisted basically of illegal double teaming with chokes and kicks in the corner. The stallions had no reaction at all with the crowd. The biggest reaction came for Paul Roma when he executed a dive to the outside on Butch Stanley. Shortly after that, Jim Powers got his patented Back Suplex on Bradley for the win.

Winners: The Young Stallions (O:41, CR:33, MQ:49)

Jack Tunney's big announcement tomorrow

WWF President Jack Tunney appeared on screen next. Tunney hyped tomorrow's Prime Time Wrestling, mentioning that the Intercontinental Title would be on the line and that he has a big announcement regarding the WWF Tag Team Championship and the champions, The Colossal Connection, Haku and Andre the Giant. (O:68%)

The Genius back as an active wrestler

Backstage, Mean Gene Okerlund is with The Genius:

Mean Gene: "Ladies and gentlemen I am standing by with Mr. Perfect's manager, or former manager, The Genius. Now Genius, you have made me come all the way here because you had a big announcement regarding an in-ring return. Is there any truth at all to this rumor?"

Genius: "Indeed there is Mean Gene. You see, last night I had a very interesting conversation with the greatest technical wrestler in the world today, Mr. Perfect and we came to the conclusion that my amazing intellect is not needed behind the scenes anymore. Mr. Perfect realised that besides being incredibly smart I am a very capable athlete and combined with my superior intellect, I can be a force to be reckoned with here in the World Wrestling Federation. So, I have decided to make my return to the ring and prove the world how amazingly multitalented I am. I might not be the biggest or the strongest competitor, but I am the smartest and I will prove that every man has a weakness that can be exploited. Now if you'll excuse me, I will head to the ring and begin my asention to the top."

Mean Gene: "Some big words from The Genius. Back to you guys" (O:78%)

The Genius d. Barry Hardy (3:13)

Barry Hardy opened the match with a flurry of punches and kicks to dominate, which led to McMahon speculating that Genius is not ready for the ring. But The Genius countered out of that with an eye gouge and from then on, simply punished Hardy at will. He won the match with the Honor Roll(Victory Roll) and then proceeded to read some poetry about his greatness.

Winner: The Genius(O:52 CR: 42 MQ: 63)

Dino Bravo is the world's strongest man

Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with Dino Bravo and the mouth from the south Jimmy Hart:

Mean Gene: "I am standing by with Jimmy Hart and Dino Bravo...."

Jimmy Hart: "That's all you need to say Mean Gene. I'll take it from here. You see, I am tired of this company and I am tired of their prejudice aganist Canadians. Dino Bravo is the biggest, strongest man in this company and nobody wants to face him and give him a chance. You know why? Because he will rip them all apart baby!! But you can hide much longer. You know who you are, you know you are afraid of Dino Bravo...but soon enough you wont be able to hide anymore. Soon enough this man right here will be the #1 contender at your title. Soon enough this man will lift you up and bring you down with extreme force and power and you will be down for the count. "

Mean Gene: "Who are you talking about? Is it the World Champion Hulk Hogan, or the Intercontinental Champion The Ultimate Warrior?"

Jimmy Hart: "You dont need to know Mean Gene and the fans dont need to know either. HE knows and HE is afraid. Now, we have a match to attend to."

Mean Gene is left with a puzzled look in his face as Dino and Jimmy walk past him. (O:79%)

Dino Bravo/with Jimmy Hart d. Tim Horner (2:33)

Quick squash. Horner attacks to start, but Bravo no sells the attacks and quickly takes him down with a body slam, then almost decapitates him with a lariat. After some showboating and ocassional attacks, Bravo lifts him up in the Airplane Spin, puts him down and then lifts him back up with the Sidesuplex for the win. Bravo gives Horner yet another Side suplex after the bell for good measure.

Winner: Dino Bravo (O:58, CR:55, MQ:62)

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan d. Kevin Krueger(2:51)

Another squash in a series of them tonight. Duggam was never in trouble and disposed of the jobber in less than 3 minutes with the Three Point Stance and the Old Glory Kneedrop.

Winner: Hacksaw Jim Duggan (O:43, CR:44, MQ:42)

Demolition d. Brooklyn Brawler & Reno Riggins (3:28)

The squasfest comes to a conclusion here. This was a breeze for the faces and Riggins takes the loss after the Demoliton Decapitation.

Winners: Demolition (O:52, CR:50, MQ:54)

Overall: 58%

Basically a nothing show to set the stage for tomorrow's Prime Time Wrestling.

Edited by EWRFan

WWF Prime Time Wrestling

January 02 1990

USA Network

Presented by Nintendo. WWF Superstars now avalible for $39.99 only on the NES!

Announcers: Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse Ventura

Two HUGE announcements from Jack Tunney

WWF President Jack Tunney appears on-screen to kick the show off. He is sitting in a beutiful desk with the WWF logo behind him. He has the WWF Tag Team Title belts in front of him and the WWF Royal Rumble poster on his right side.

Tunney: "Last night at Superstars, I said I had one big announcement to make tonight, but in reality, after talking with the WWF's Board of Directors, I have two huge announcements to make tonight. The first one is really sad for fans of the eight wonder of the world, Andre the Giant. For those not close to Andre's health, he suffers from a mysterious condition that turned him into the giant he is. He kept growing for his entire life and with the growth came the loss of mobility and problems with other vital functions. Many people have written letters to the WWF offices concerned about Andre's lack of mobility and bad physical condition in his recent apperances. This is all due to the sickness getting the best of him. But Andre is a brave man and continued fighting aganist all odds to stay in the ring and please the fans. However, concerned with his own personal security, the WWF has decided to banned Andre from the WWF rings. We will not permit any more physical activity for this gentle giant anymore as we all fear for his health. Thus came the decision to vacate the WWF Tag Team Titles that are located in front of me as I speak. I hope that Andre's tag team partner Haku and his manager Bobby Heenan understand the motives behind our decision. We will continue to support Andre and keep the fans updated on his condition, but as Andre himself would have wanted, the show has to go on. That is why the WWF Board of Directors and myself have organized a 16 team tournament for the WWF Tag Team Titles. Starting tonight and for every televised WWF show from now on, you will be treated to at least one match of this tournament until it concludes at some point in the road to Wrestlemania 6. Here are the brackets for said tournament"

Young Stallions

vs

Rythym N Blues

Barry Hardy & Al Perez

vs

Dino Bravo & Earthquake

Tim Horner & Red Rooster

vs

Bad Company

Demolition

vs

The Rogueau Brothers

Dusty Rhodes & Jim Duggan

vs

Ted DiBiase & Virgil

The Hart Foundation

vs

The Twin Towers

The British Bulldogs

vs

The Nasty Boys

Tito Santana & Tugboat

vs

The Bolksheviks (Volkoff and Zhukov)

Edited by EWRFan

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

More names signed for feeder fed

Dustin Rhodes, Dusty's son has been signed by the WWF to compete at CASW, their feeder fed. Alongside Dustin, three more wrestlers where signed, two of them stolen from the USWA. Doomsday and Too Cold Scorpio where stolen from the USWA and they will start working for CASW as soon as this same week. The Gargoyle, a former AWA wrestler who has released this past week was also signed.

Dustin shows a lot of ring promess since he has great physical condition and charisma, but since the WWF is not too high on his dad, the reasons for his signing are unknown. The Gargoyle is described as the typical brute that Vince likes, but is actually a very good ring worker. Doomsday walked out of the USWA and signed inmediatly with the WWF after the Jarrets tried to turn him into a Evil Dentist named Isaac Yankem. Doomsday realised the stupidity of the gimmnick and took WWF's offer. Too Cold Scorpio is a speedy and talented lightweight who had debuted for The Jarrets this same week and since he was getting over fast, Vince decided to steal him before he turned into a threat. Rumors of a possible tag team with Koko B Ware are not ruled out.

Guest Jucaza

I kind of like this diary, but I dont have a clue why you decided to job Al Perez, who is in your tag team tournament to Bad News. You should have picked another jobber to the job. I like the fact that you are bringing the Genius back to the ring and I hope you push Dino Bravo to the moonah. :I

Keep it up..

Hasbro's WWF Superstars Collector's Edition #1 released!!

Hasbro Executives gave us the first look at the WWF Superstars Collector's Edition #1, the new wrestling figure series. This collector's edition series are different from standard toys since they are 12" tall and more realistic looking, not static plastic figures like the typical toyset. They also come with realistic clothing that can be removed at will and is done in real cloth, not carved on the plastic. Each figure also includes a small photo album that has 10 pictures of said wrestler in some of his career's best moments. Here are some brief descriptions:

Hulk Hogan

Hogan comes with a yellow Hulk Rules shirt, a red bandana that reads Hulkamania and a real leather WWF World Title belt. He is fully articulated and the photo album contains instructions on how to set Hogan up for his trademark poses.

Ultimate Warrior

Warrior comes with two sets of face paint that can be replaced/reattached like a mask. He also comes with real plastic strings tied to his arms and his boots(real leather like all the collector's edition boots) have said strings attached to them. He also comes with a real leather WWF Intercontinental Title belt. He is also fully articulated and comes with instructions on how to set him up for his trademark poses.

Andre the Giant

Andre is taller than the rest of the figures at a good 16". Besides that and the ability to remove his strap if you want him on shirtless mode, their is nothing special about him. The WWF Tag Team Title belt is present due to them being vacated too late to be removed from the retail versions.

"Macho King" Randy Savage

Savage comes with his trademark hat and glasses, as well as the crown that makes him Macho King. No, you cant put the hat and the crown on at the same time. An even more rare Limited Edition is avalible that features Savage with the Hulkamaniac gear he used during the Megamaniacs era.

Mr. Perfect

Perfect comes with two attires, blue and yellow as well as his trademark towel. No chewing gum.

Haku

Haku comes with the WWF Tag Team Title packed in. Besides that, nothing terribly special about it.

"Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase

Ted comes with his trademark black robe with $ signs. Under the robe(that can be remove) he has his standard black tights with $ signs and comes packed in with a very cool looking Million Dollar Title.

This are the 7 figures that are avalible now. Series 2 is expected to feature more tag teams with the Hart Foundation and Demolition in the works. Also rumored are Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts and Dusty Rhodes.

WWF Wrestling Challenge

January 07 1990

Fox

Presented by Coliseum Video! Survivor Series on sale for $14.99!!

Announcers: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Your next tag team champions?

Wrestling Challenge kicks off with "The Mouth from the South" Jimmy Hart standing in the ring with Dino Bravo and Earthquake.

Hart: " Ladies and gentlemen, you are looking at the next WWF Tag Team Champions, The World's Strongest Man,Dino Bravo and the Canadian Earthquake!! You see, for a very long time YOU have been hiding from THEM. YOU FEAR THIS TWO MEN!! But you cant hide much longer. Once they win the World Tag Team Titles they will be one step closer to achieving their goal, they will be able to challenge YOU to a match for your title. You wont be able to deny them a shot if they are champions, like you are. YOU ORANGE GOBLIN, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU HULK HOGAN!! One of this two men will win the Royal Rumble and go on to take that belt away from you at Wrestlemania!! Togheter they will be the tag team champions!!...and the one who doesnt win the rumble will go on to destroy the ULTIMATE PUKE and win the Intercontinental Title. This two men are the elite of the WWF and they will bring all the gold of the WWF into my hands. I dont need anybody else because I have what I need in this two gentlemen. Now, bring on tonight's losers" (OR:79%)

WWF Tag Team Title Tournament Round I:

Dino Bravo & Earthquake d. Barry Hardy & Al Perez (3:35)

After the big words from Jimmy Hart (which might signify a push for Bravo and Earthquake) they proceed to squash the jobbers in the initial round of the tournament. Once again, Perez didnt sell very much, which hurt the match rating and this might mean that he will continue jobbing. Bravo got the Airplane Spin and Side Suplex on both of his opponents and then he stacked them up on top of each other so Earthquake could deliver the Aftershock on both men at the same time for the pinfall. The heels then destroyed the jobbers for fun as Hart already proclaimed them the next tag team champions.

Winners: Bravo & Earthquake(OR:51 CR:49 MQ:53)

The birdman might go to Wrestlemania

Backstage, Mean Gene Okerlund was standing by with Koko B. Ware:

Mean Gene: "Ladies and gentlemen I am standing by with Koko B.Ware, one of the happiest men here in the WWF. Koko, even your bird looks happy and I wonder why are you in such a good mood."

Koko: " Oh yeah Mean Gene. Koko is a happy man baby. You see, Jack Tunney gave me a chance of a lifetime. The chance to win the Royal Rumble and go on to Wrestlemania to face Hulk Hogan. I mean, nobody on their right mind would want a match with Hulk Hogan, but I do. This is my chance to win the WWF World Title and prove to the world that behind my always happy attitude and smiling face lies a fierce competitor. Not many people take me seriously Mean Gene, and that is their biggest mistake. I will prove that tonight in this very ring, I will prove that I am ready to take my skills to the next level and I will go on to headline Wrestlemania....and after I win the WWF World Title, we will have the biggest dance party ever!!"

(OR:66%)

Koko B. Ware d. Iron Mike Sharpe (4:55)

Very competitive match. I have heard rumors that Koko will get pushed and that Iron Mike is considered by the WWF alongside Chris Walker and Louie Spicolli as three men that can make an impact in the near future and are being considered to be sent to the CASW, the feeder fed to improve their skills. Iron Mike cheated as only a heel can, using the ropes for leverage during an abdominal stretch and pulling the tights during a roll-up. Koko made the comeback and the crowd got into the match, which ended after Koko planted Iron Mike with the Ghostbuster(Reverse Suplex) for the win. Koko and his bird danced off as the crowd cheered on.

Winner: Koko B. Ware (OR:53 CR:40 MQ:67)

The Sheepherders in a quest for destruction

Mean Gene Okerlund interviewed Brother Love with The New Zealand Sheepherders.

Mean Gene: "Brother Love, after the assault that The New Zealand Sheepherders did on The Young Stallions this past Monday on Prime Time Wrestling, jealous that they didnt get invited to the WWF Tag Team Title Tournament, another of the teams that wasnt invited to the tournament, The Rockers, have told me that they want your team to show up this Monday on Prime Time Wrestling and face them in a match. Will you accept this request?"

Brother Love: "Uuuuh....Mean Gene. The Rockers...those two puny little kids want a match with my team of destruction? Well, of course we accept Mean Gene. My team will show The Rockers the ways of tough love!! You see, Butch and Luke dont care about winning anymore, that didnt get them anywhere. The only thing they care about is spreading the love, the love of destruction, blood and chaos, the love of battered bodies and broken limbs. The Rockers are going to be the next sacrifice, and the sacrifices will keep coming until Jack Tunney apologises to this men and grants them a shot at the next WWF Tag Team Champions, whoever that might be. Until then, the blood will keep coming and the love will keep spreading here in the WWF!"

(OR:75%)

The New Zealand Sheepherders d. Louie Spicolli & Barry Harowitz (4:13)

Intense stalling session with the Sheepherders to start as they argued and threaten the fans. Once the match got under way, the faces where demolished with the Sheepherders boring kick and punch offense. Any idea why they are getting pushed? The heels win with the Battering Ram. Then they proceed to assault the faces with their New Zealand Flag poles and make them bleed (once again, blurred out) before leaving with smirks on their faces.

Winners: The New Zealand Sheepherders (OR:57 CR:50 MQ: 65)

Macho King is pissed off!!

Backstage, Mean Gene is standing by with Randy Savage.

Mean Gene: "Macho King Randy Savage. You requested this interview time and I want to know if it has to do with the Royal Rumble."

Savage: "It has to do with more than that Mean Gene!! OOOOOH YEAAAH!! Hulk Hogan, you have beaten me before, you have insulted me before..OOOOH YEAAH....but how dare you mention my name in the same sentence as Barry Hardy!!! That I will not forget Hogan!! That is extra motivation for me to win the Royal Rumble and take your title at Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania 6 will be Machomania!!! OOOOH YEEEAH!!! DIG IT!!"

(OR:96%)

Macho King Randy Savage d. Chris Walker (0:45)

Huge squash to end the show as Macho gets in and inmediatly hammers Walker, followed by a bodyslam and the Flying Elbowdrop for the win. Savage then left the ring area while maniacally yelling Hogan's name.

Winner: Randy Savage (OR:68 CR:59 MQ: 78)

Overall: 68%

WWF Superstars

January 08 1990

USA Network

Presented by Hasbro! WWF Superstars #1 on sale now!!!

Announcers: Vince McMahon & Jesse Ventura

WWF Tag Team Titles Tournament Round I:

Badd Company/with Mr. Fuji d. Tim Horner & The Red Rooster (4:21)

Competitive squash. The Red Rooster was given a lot of offense which might indicate a push in the future. Badd Company are Pat Tanaka & Paul Diamond, former AWA wrestlers on their WWF debut. They came out wearing black robes and Mr. Fuji was with them. The robes where similiar to the ones evil martial artists wear on cheap kung fu movies. The heels worked a very martial arts like match, as they frequently used martial art kicks and chops, strikes to the throatt and sidekicks, which are the trademark moves for a "japaneese wannabe" team in american wrestling. Rooster was dumped outside and Horner took Badd Company's finisher, Slice and Dice, which is a sidekick/legsweep combo as Tanaka sidekicks Horner at the same time that Diamond gives him a legsweep and it looks quite cool. After the match, the heels slowly put on their robes and then did the Japaneese salute (the vow) to Fuji before walking to the back.

Winners: Badd Company(OR:67 CR:48 MQ: 86)

Fuji's new team

Backstage, Mean Gene gets a word with Mr. Fuji and Badd Company:

Mean Gene: "I am standing by with Mr. Fuji and his new team, Paul Diamond and Pat Tanaka, better known as Badd Company. Mr. Fuji, can we get your expressions regarding your new team's win and advancement to the quaterfinals of the WWF Tag Team Title Tournament?"

Fuji: "Sure Mean Gene-san. After the Powers of Pain where ruled unable to compete due to The Warlord's injury at one of our events two weeks ago, I decided I needed to find a new team to compete in said tournament. So I went back to the Fuji Dojo and found this new talents, trained by the best Japan has to offer. Mr. Tanaka-san is a multiple champion in Japan and Mr. Diamond-san, even when he is american, he grew up in Japan and also trained with the best.Like a samurai with dual katana blades, this men are ready to slice and dice the competition and they wont be stopped until they become the WWF Tag Team Champions of the World."

(OR: 62%)

The Barbarian

Fuji: "Now on to other matters Mean Gene. Even when he is not able to compete in the Tag Team Title Tournament due to his partner being injured, The Barbarian is ready for the next challenge. That challenge is the Royal Rumble. The Barbarian will eliminate the competition and go on to Wrestlemania where he will destroy Hulk Hogan-san and win the WWF World Title. You will see the new image of this gladiator next when he destroys his puny opponent."

(OR: 68%)

The Barbarian/with Mr. Fuji d. Louie Spicolli (2:45)

Barbarian comes out without face paint and not wearing black, which might signify the end of the Powers of Pain. He comes wearing a brown leather suit similiar to the ones medieval warriors wear in cheap medieval movies, complete with a big leather armor and a weird helmet with horns. Looks like the helmet is made of fur and has two small sized deer horns. Spicolli opens the match with a flurry of offense that is no sold by The Barbarian. Barbarian proceeds to rip Spicolli's head off with two huge lariats. He then Gorilla Presses Spicolli and drops him like a sack of potatoes. Barbarian then nails Spicolli with the Kick of Death and pins him for the win.

Winner: The Barbarian(OR: 52 CR:41 MQ: 63)

The Rockers explain their challenge

Backstage, Mean Gene Okerlund has a word with Marty Jeannetty & Shawn Michaels.

Mean Gene: "Ladies and gentlemen, I am standing by with The Rockers, Marty Jeannetty & Shawn Michaels. Gentlemen, you made a challenge to The New Zealand Sheepherders last night at the Wrestling Challenge for a match tomorrow night at Prime Time Wrestling. Why in the world would you challenge those two sicopaths to a match?"

Jeannetty: "It's really simple Mean Gene. We are one of the best teams here in the WWF and we didnt get invited to the WWF Tag Team Title Tournament. The same thing that happened to those crazy violent individuals. But contrary to them, we are not complaining, because we know that we have the skills to be the champs,it is just a matter of time before we get out shot and we are not in a rush. We understand the tough decisions that President Tunney has to make and even when not all of them are the best, we have to respect them. The Sheepherders are on a rampage and if nobody stops them, more people will get hurt. That is why we have decided to step foward and stop them before it is too late."

Michaels: "That's right Mean Gene. Butch and Luke, they eat raw meat, they like blood and hitting people over the head with the steel poles of their flags and they have that freak Brother Love with them. It looks like we are in a huge disadvantage, but that is not true. We are the fastest rising team in the WWF and we are going to stop those psycopaths on their tracks before they hurt anybody else. So Butch, Luke, get ready because The Rockers are ready, the fans are ready and when we get into that ring, we will beat you in the middle of the ring, 1-2-3 and after the match, we are going to party high with our fans."

(OR:72%)

The Rockers d. Brooklyn Brawler & Reno Riggins(3:19)

The Rockers where on fire in this match and their opponents barely had any offense. Brawler was the only one to do anything remotely looking like getting control of the match when he did an eye gouge on Jeannetty and then he isolated him in the corner. Once the tag was made however, the heels where dead meat and Riggins fell victim to the Double Flying Fistdrop. The Rockers started to party high, but where attacked by the New Zealand Sheepherders and the two teams brawled backstage.

Winners: The Rockers (OR:60 CR:48 MQ: 73)

Ted DiBiase says he will go to Wrestlemania

Backstage, it seems that DiBiase and Virgil stole Mean Gene's mic and where holding an interview:

Virgil: I am standing by with the greatest wrestler in the world, the man like no other, the man that will win the Royal Rumble this year and go to Wrestlemania where he will destroy Hulk Hogan and win the WWF World Title, The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase!!"

Dibiase: "Thank You Virgil...now get lost!!! That is right. You are looking at the man that will headline Wrestlemania. You are looking at the next WWF Champion. I will win the Royal Rumble and even if I dont, I offer 1 million dollars to the man that wins the Rumble and sells me his shot at the title. One way or the other, I will be the champion when Wrestlemania VI concludes"

Suddenly, The Ultimate Warrior bursts into the scene.

Warrior: "DiBiase!!! Dont think I have forgotten about Virgil and you attacking me last week after my match was over."

DiBiase: "I declare this interview over"

DiBiase scurries away as The Ultimate Warrior looks on with an intense manner.

(OR: 88%)

"Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase/with Virgil d. Barry Harowitz (2:55)

DiBiase and Harowitz had a good technical exchange to start the match, but after that, DiBiase took full control and Harowitz fell to the Million Dollar Dream. DiBiase then stuffed a $20 bill on Harowitz's mouth and proceeded to stomp the hell out of Harowitz, until THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR made the save.

Winner: Ted DiBiase(OR:71 CR:60 MQ:83)

Overall: 67%

I'm enjoying this, I like the way you changed The Bushwhackers and a feud between them and The Rockers could be decent. The tag title tournament looks solid and I have no idea who'll win. I'm hoping Savage or Perfect win the Rumble, Cause they'd carry a good showing out of the Hulkster. Looking forward to more shows man

I think you have really captured the true essence of what 1990 was like for the World Wrestling Federation. Big ups to you for changing the Bushwhackers into the more preferred Sheepherders, as well as making The Genius an active singles wrestler. With the right push, I could see him easily challenging for the Intercontinental Title.

The Tag Team Title Tournament also looks very unpredictable, as many of the teams you have in the running could easily walk off with the belts. I see either The Rockers or Sheepherders being the first ones to challenge the new champions.

Great job so far

Guest Prototype

Good job so far. I like the Sheepherders gimmick, but I dont know if WWF would have actually pulled it off in 1990, especially with all the blood and violence. Looking forward to the Rumble. Id like to see Savage win it and maybe even take the title.

WWF Prime Time Wrestling Preview

Demolition vs The Rogueau Brothers

The Rockers vs The New Zealand Sheepherders

Plus:

Andre the Giant issues an apology to Haku & Bobby Heenan!!

Will The Ultimate Warrior and Ted DiBiase have another face off?

More Royal Rumble competitors issue their statements to WWF Champion Hulk Hogan!!

WWF Prime Time Wrestling

January 09 1990

USA Network

Presented by Nintendo. WWF Superstars now avalible for $39.99 only on the NES!

Announcers: Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse Ventura

Hercules Hernandez d. Butch Stanley (1:19)

Can you say squash? Monsoon and Ventura said that Hercules is one of the strongest men in the WWF and he is going to compete in the Royal Rumble. Monsoon says that Hercules is a threat to Hogan's title and could be the man that headlines Wrestlemania VI. Stanley stalled a little, afraid of Hercules. Then they locked horns and Stanley used a knee to the gut on Hernandez, but Hercules no sold and drove Stanley to the mat with a bulldog. He then hammered Stanley on the neck and locked the Full Nelson for a quick tapout. After his impressive win, Hercules walked to the back as Jesse said that he thinks that Hogan doesnt stand a chance aganist that powerful Full Nelson.

Winner: Hercules Hernandez(OR:40 CR:34 MQ:47)

Demolition will win the tournament

Backstage, Mean Gene Okerlund was standing by with Demolition

Mean Gene: "Ladies and gentlemen, I am standing by with Demolition, Ax and Smash, who will face the Rogueau Brothers tonight as part of the WWF Tag Team Title Tournament. "

Ax: "That's right Mean Gene...tonight marks the beginning of Demolition's quest for the gold. Those tag team titles should be on our waist, but thanks to the underhand tactics of Bobby Heenan, we failed to win them aganist Haku and Andre. But guess what? Bobby Heenan wont play a factor tonight or any other time during this tournament. That means that their is no stopping Demolition from winning those tag team titles."

Smash: " I feel nothing for respect for a lot of the teams in this tournament, they are the very best in the WWF. But we are far superrior. I dont care who we face, be it The Hart Foundation, Bad Company, the returning British Bulldogs, it doesnt really matter. Each and everyone of them will be....decapitated!!"

(OR:77%)

Demolition d. The Rogueau Brothers (7:18)

Fairly long match that kept the crowd interested. The first few minutes where a constant struggle that neither team dominated. Then, The Rogueau's used your standard heel cheating tactics to control for 3 minutes. They even used their cheesy blue jackets to choke Smash. The crowd was about to riot and finally the hot tag was made to Ax. He came in as your house on fire and killed the Rogueau's momentum. Raymond Rogueau felt pray to Demolition Decapitation and the Demos advanced to the quater finals.

Winners: Demolition(OR: 73 CR:66 MQ:80)

Andre's apology

Right after the match, Haku and Bobby Heenan came out and asked for the mike.

Heenan: "Alright low life scumbags, you can shut up now. Last week I told Andre the Giant that he had to come out here and issue an apology to Haku and myself for turning his back on the Heenan Family. Well Andre, the time has come. Get your stinkin's eight feet tall carcass to the ring"

The crowd is loudly booing Heenan by this point as Andre the Giant comes out and is given a microphone

Andre: "Bobby, Haku, I am sorry"

The crowd continues it's booing as Andre has a sad expression on his face

Heenan: "So...you think it is that easy huh. Bobby, Haku, I am sorry? That is all? You costed us our tag team titles and you think you can simply solve it with that pitful excuse for an apology? Come on Andre, you can do better. ON YOUR KNEES!!!"

Andre looks at the crowd and shakes his head, but then falls down to both knees (which takes an obscene amout of time to happen due to his mobility problems)

Andre: "Here, I am on my knees, please Bobby, Haku, forgive me. It is not my fault, I fought for as long as I could, but I cant continue anymore"

Bobby: (In Andre imitation voice) "I cant continue anymore" (changes back to his voice) " So that is it Andre...I paid ten thousand dollars to the Million Dollar Man for your contract and what I got was a broken idiot that can even think, spell right or move. What are you then? I know what you are, you are trash!! You are nothing but a no use piece of trash!!"

Heenan slaps Andre(who is still on his knees and is Heenan's size because of it). Andre gets furious and pulls Heenan into a headbutt!!! The crowd explodes, but Andre cant get up on time and Haku nails him with the Thrust Kick!! Andre is flat on his back as Haku stomps him down. Heenan is still down and out. Haku continues the assault, but HULK HOGAN runs in and attacks Haku!!! Haku is dumped after a clothesline!! Haku pulls Heenan outside and out of harms way and retreats to the back as Hogan rips his shirt apart. Hogan helps pull Andre back to his feet. Hogan goes to leave, but Andre pulls him back into the ring.

Andre: "Hogan!!!"

Hogan turns around.

Andre: " I am sorry for everything I did to you. It pains me to say this, but....I need your help"

Hogan: "Dont worry brother. I know what you mean. The past is the past and I will help you out. Since I can get any match I want at the Royal Rumble, what I want is this President Tunney. I want Haku one on one with the Hulkster brother!"

Andre: "NO!!!"

Hogan: "What?"

Andre: "That is not what I meant Hogan. I want you to help me train, I want you to help me get myself on good condition, I want you to help me prepare for the Royal Rumble. I want Haku one on one at the Royal Rumble. I want you to help me get President Tunney to lift the ban and let me wrestle. That is what I want"

Hogan: "Is that what you want? Well you got it brother! I will talk to President Tunney and I will help you train, I will help you when you say your prayers and take your vitamins, I will help you get ready for Haku. Cause Haku, watcha gonna do, when Andre the Giant runs wild on you!!"

Hogan and Andre shake hands to a loud pop.

(OR: 79%)

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka d. Brooklyn Brawler (1:45)

Quick squash to help die down the heat from the Hogan/Andre segment. Gorilla mensions that Snuka will compete in the Rumble and he is one of the wrestlers that stand a big chance of winning it all and going to Wrestlemania. Brawler had no offense (unless you count punching) and lost after the Superfly Splash.

Winner: Jimmy Snuka(OR:59 CR:50 MQ: 69)

Warrior sends a message to DiBiase

Mean Gene Okerlund was standing by with The Ultimate Warrior

Mean Gene: "I am standing by with the WWF Intercontinental Champion, The Ultimate Warrior. Warrior, you seem to have a grudge with The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase because of his constant interference during your match with his servant Virgil. "

Warrior: "Mean Gene, The Ultimate Warrior has the warrior spirit. He follows the code all rightful Warriors follow. I believe that to prove your heart and your soul, your real strenght, the real will of the warrior, you most defeat your foes in your own, with nothing but your raw power and willl as your guide. I believe that no other man should interfere in one's fight aganist true evil. Ted DiBiase went aganist my beliefs that day. He symbolises all that real warriors hate, he is like an evil king who uses his pawns to do his bidding and never does anything by himself. Ted DiBiase, you are a disgrace...I want you to prove me wrong, I want you to show me you have the warrior's heart and I want you in the ring."

(73%)

The Ultimate Warrior d. Bob Bradley (0:33)

Super squash with the Warrior coming into the ring and doing his finishing sequence(two clotheslines, the gorilla press and splash) for the win. Ted DiBiase and Virgil attacked Warrior from behind and layed him out. DiBiase and Virgil then celebrated, but the Warrior recovered and chased them off.

Winner: The Ultimate Warrior(OR:46 CR:46 MQ:47)

Rockers vs New Zealand Sheepherders video

A video airs detailing the whole story between the Rockers and the Sheepherders. From Jack Tunney making the tournament bracketts and leaving both teams out of it, to The Sheepherders assaulting the Young Stallions, to The Rockers issuing a challenge for tonight and the brawl between this teams last week.

(OR:77%)

The New Zealand Sheepherders/with Brother Love d. The Rockers (9:42)

This was a great TV match and reminded me of the Rockers early days in the NWA and their feud with Buddy Rose and that other guy. The Rockers used speed to dominate the sluggish Sheepherders and actually made them look like fools several times during the course of the match. Things changed when the Sheepherders took control and The Rockers became human punching bags. The Sheepherders had the same tired old offense, but with the great selling from the Rockers it looked brand new. Both teams escaped each other's finishers, since Marty saved Shawn after the Battering Ram and Butch saved Luke from being pinned after the double flying fistdrop. Another cool counter to the Battering Ram was when Marty was the target and Shawn ran in and superkicked Luke(who was guiding Butch as the battering ram) while Marty nailed the Rocker Dropper on Butch(who was left bend over in Battering Ram position after Luke was superkicked off). This only got two as Butch made the save. The finish to the match came when Brother Love got on the apron and distracted the referee, Butch went to the corner and brought one of the flags into the ring and nailed Marty over the head with it as Luke held Shawn outside. Butch covered and the ref administered the three count. The Sheepherders then destroyed the faces with ther flag poles and a bunch of agents where needed to take them away.

Winners: The New Zealand Sheepherders(OR:78 CR:79 MQ:76)

Perfect interruption

Mean Gene Okerlund was standing by with Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Mean Gene: "Hacksaw Jim Duggan. We all know you are a close friend of Hulk Hogan and we want to know if you have any info regarding Hogan and Andre's reunion and if the Hulkster will help Andre regain his wrestling license."

Duggan: "HOOOOOOOO!!! The only thing I know Mean Gene is that......"

Mr. Perfect busts into the scene

Perfect: "Shut up Duggan. Who the hell cares about Hogan or Andre or this patheric excuse for an american patriot named Jim Duggan. The only thing that matters here is perfection and I am all that and more. Hulk Hogan, WWF Champion, who cares? He is no Mr. Perfect. Andre, eight feet tall, five hundred pounds, they call him the eight wonder of the world, but he is not that...I mean, why is he a wonder? He is just a big fat freak that can barely walk. I should be the eight wonder of the world because I am perfect!! In fact, I should be the only wonder of the world....and what is with this Jim Duggan freak!! The patriot? An american patriot? Why? Because you can yell and lift your thumb? I should be the real american patriot, a perfect wrestler, the perfect athlete, a true example of what this country aspires to be. This is an outrage!! I am tired of each and every wrestler in this company thinking they are better than me. I am so pissed off that I am challenging this idiot right here to a one on one match right now!! What do you say bucko? "

Duggan attacks Perfect and they brawl all the way to ringside and the next match starts.

(OR:83%)

Mr. Perfect d. Hacksaw Jim Duggan (5:21)

The match started with both men brawling around ringside and Duggan in control. Once he sent Perfect into the ring, the tide turned as Perfect kicked Duggan when he was coming in and worked him over on the mat to kill some time. Duggan made the eventual comeback and Perfect started pinballing around the ring. As Duggan went for the Three Point Stance, Perfect countered into a drop toe hold and Duggan fell throat first into the middle rope. Duggan struggled to his feet and was caught in the Perfectplex for the win. Perfect then left yeling how he was perfect, the best and made title motions while proclaiming himself the next Royal Rumble winner.

Winner: Mr. Perfect(OR:70 CR:75 MQ: 57)

Overall: 68%

Good show, I like the angle with Hogan training Andre. I'm liking Perfect as the Rumble winner, But I don't see Hogan dropping the title to him at WM. Still, Perfect could be in the final four or something. Keep up the good work man

WWF Wrestling Challenge

January 14 1990

Fox

Presented by Coliseum Video. Survivor Series 1989 now on sale for just $14.99!!

Announcers: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake d. Iron Mike Sharpe (3:21)

Gorilla says that Beefcake is one of Hogan's many friends that can end up aganist him if he wins the Royal Rumble. Very boring match as Sharpe gets no offense outside of your basic punch or kick, while Barber does the same thing as well. You know, Sharpe is a decent technical wrestler that might be better if they push him. Barber goes trough a routine of striking attacks and then locks the Sleeper Hold for the win. Beefcake is one of those guys who is still around thanks to Hogan. He adds nothing to the card.

Winner: Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake(OR:56 CR: 49 MQ: 63)

The Perfect challenge

Mr. Perfect makes his way to the ring accompained by The Genius. He is handed a microphone.

Perfect: "I have said it before and I will say it again. I am tired, I am absolutly tired of all the people in the locker room underestimating me. I am Mr. Perfect for God's sake. I am the man with the greatest body in this business, I am the best athlete, the best wrestler, the best speaker, the smarter, stronger and to summarize it all, the only man that is absolutly perfect!! But nobody seems to get that on their heads. I figured out what I need to do to gain's everyone's attention and to prove my point and that is to win the Royal Rumble, go on to Wrestlemania and win the WWF World Title. Defeating Hulk Hogan, that is what I need to do. But I know how stupid you people really are. After I am done with Hogan you will say that I have not beaten The Ultimate Warrior, or Roddy Piper or any other of your heroes. That is why I have created the Perfect Challenge. Each and every time I feel bored or underestimated, I will come out here and challenge anybody who is willing to a match, to wrestle Mr. Perfect....and believe me when I say this, each and everyone of them will fall prey to the Perfectplex and will be counted down one two three. Now, anybody back there who wants to get beaten, please, be my guest!!"

The Red Rooster rolls out high fiving kids and doing all his trademark idiotic things as Jesse says that Roostermania is running wild.

(OR:88%)

Mr. Perfect d. The Red Rooster (4:25)

Competitive squash is the perfect name for this match. Rooster started the bout on fire using punches and kicks, then a drop toe hold and they ran a nice mat sequence. Back on their feet, Perfect starts kicking Rooster in the stomach and then takes him to the corner, where he does a monkey flip. Rooster staggers up into the Perfectplex giving Perfect the win. After the match, Perfect and The Genius kick Rooster out of the ring and Genius removes his robe, showing that he had his wrestling gear underneath. We cut to a commercial break.

Winner: Mr. Perfect(OR:70 CR:66 MQ: 75)

The Genius d. Denny Brown (1:11)

Denny Brown is a former NWA Lightweight Champion and had been a jobber for over two years now. He apparently signed a deal to be a WWF jobber after being released from the NWA. This is because Louie Spicolli and Chris Walker where sent to the CASW. Denny and Genius had some basic mat exchanges that culminated with The Genius reversing a move and getting the Victory Roll. Genius said that he had found Denny's weakness and that he can find anyone's weakness.

Winner: The Genius(OR:47 CR:38 MQ:57)

Apology video

They repeat the Andre/Heenan/Haku/Hogan segment from Monday night:

Heenan: "Alright low life scumbags, you can shut up now. Last week I told Andre the Giant that he had to come out here and issue an apology to Haku and myself for turning his back on the Heenan Family. Well Andre, the time has come. Get your stinkin's eight feet tall carcass to the ring"

The crowd is loudly booing Heenan by this point as Andre the Giant comes out and is given a microphone

Andre: "Bobby, Haku, I am sorry"

The crowd continues it's booing as Andre has a sad expression on his face

Heenan: "So...you think it is that easy huh. Bobby, Haku, I am sorry? That is all? You costed us our tag team titles and you think you can simply solve it with that pitful excuse for an apology? Come on Andre, you can do better. ON YOUR KNEES!!!"

Andre looks at the crowd and shakes his head, but then falls down to both knees (which takes an obscene amout of time to happen due to his mobility problems)

Andre: "Here, I am on my knees, please Bobby, Haku, forgive me. It is not my fault, I fought for as long as I could, but I cant continue anymore"

Bobby: (In Andre imitation voice) "I cant continue anymore" (changes back to his voice) " So that is it Andre...I paid ten thousand dollars to the Million Dollar Man for your contract and what I got was a broken idiot that can even think, spell right or move. What are you then? I know what you are, you are trash!! You are nothing but a no use piece of trash!!"

Heenan slaps Andre(who is still on his knees and is Heenan's size because of it). Andre gets furious and pulls Heenan into a headbutt!!! The crowd explodes, but Andre cant get up on time and Haku nails him with the Thrust Kick!! Andre is flat on his back as Haku stomps him down. Heenan is still down and out. Haku continues the assault, but HULK HOGAN runs in and attacks Haku!!! Haku is dumped after a clothesline!! Haku pulls Heenan outside and out of harms way and retreats to the back as Hogan rips his shirt apart. Hogan helps pull Andre back to his feet. Hogan goes to leave, but Andre pulls him back into the ring.

Andre: "Hogan!!!"

Hogan turns around.

Andre: " I am sorry for everything I did to you. It pains me to say this, but....I need your help"

Hogan: "Dont worry brother. I know what you mean. The past is the past and I will help you out. Since I can get any match I want at the Royal Rumble, what I want is this President Tunney. I want Haku one on one with the Hulkster brother!"

Andre: "NO!!!"

Hogan: "What?"

Andre: "That is not what I meant Hogan. I want you to help me train, I want you to help me get myself on good condition, I want you to help me prepare for the Royal Rumble. I want Haku one on one at the Royal Rumble. I want you to help me get President Tunney to lift the ban and let me wrestle. That is what I want"

Hogan: "Is that what you want? Well you got it brother! I will talk to President Tunney and I will help you train, I will help you when you say your prayers and take your vitamins, I will help you get ready for Haku. Cause Haku, watcha gonna do, when Andre the Giant runs wild on you!!"

Hogan and Andre shake hands to a loud pop.