January Contest

AJ

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay we need some judges. Four to be exact.

You don't have to be a graphics expert. Just know what you like.

If you want to be a judge just take a look at all the entries and rate them 1-10. (.5 decimals are allowed) then PM me your list of scores.

Thanks in advance to anyone who'll judge.

Damn, came within one point :(

Ah well...I came close, atleast. Congrats AJ :thumbsup:

Edit: Out of curiosity, FSF, why'd you give me a 6? I was kinda proud of that graphic, so I'm interested to see your comments as I thought that was one of my better ones in awhile

Edited by Norris Scott

Yeah sorry I was going to but then I forgot.

Here's the comments Thom made with his ratings:

emad- 6, although I like the bevels, words need to be the focus.

god- 3, too slow, too simple. basic font. all a bit basic.

loonister- 2, it's suppose to be a barely seeable splodge? :P

matbar- 4.5, I take off marks for scanlines, but not the loser on the front, text is simple, it's not bad though.

infinte fire- 6, at least you get the point of the splash. text is basic top left, graphic looks nice but I don't really get it. no focus.

dawson loves balls- 6.5 nice text, something fucking up the background. would've been nice otherwise.

jules- 6, yeah you get the idea, the threads in the background seem a bit dogy (some dark), the 4 over ewb shows a yellow 41 too, which is annoying.

bluesman- 5, deep drop shadow makes it look unprofessional, maybe if you didnt have the little 4 there it would look better. not bad though.

dragon- 3, I know you'll think i'm just doing it because it's you, but you're lucky to get a 3.

boggz- 4, too simple, doesn't even look like it says ewb.

norris- 8, was hoping for something a little better, but I can't actually pick any faults with it... well done.

double x 4- its like a gay parade. far too many colours.

matzat- 5.5, it's hard to rate. does the job, i like it. but.... hmm.

adgray.... wouldnt load?

zachalous- 3.5, meh, same font all over, yellow and blue? main text looks fine though. rest looks a bit hmm.

wiseguy- 5, I don't like it as a splash. You want the focus to be the EWB4. not some random stocks belnded to look pretty.

doccy- 3, pains me to do that. you dont want a reason.

switch- 5.5, it's a worse version of Norris Scott's. I like it though.

iwc- 5.5, I want to give it a good mark because I want you, but I can't. I reckon I could name what you did there in 3/4 steps, that includes the 400% zoom on the pattern overlay B-).

boogey131- 5, was expecting to see something amazing after matzats comment, but it just..... isn't.

aj- 5.5. Nah, too much going on. That's all that's going on. ( icant understand the rave reviews its getting after posting?- its just too many words in one place)

==============================================

i was saving a good score for a good splash.... I don't think you even liked your own?

I was trying to portray a futuristic battleground, but I failed =P

The fog around the edges was Halo 2-inspired from the parasite-infested maps, lol.

Glad you liked it though.