FA Cup 3rd Round!

Liam

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was shite. Heh, maybe this'll hammer it home to Ferguson that alot of our reserves just aren't good enough (see Miller, Djemba, Bellion and co.) Even players like Wes Brown and John O'Shea seem to lack any sort of consistency. Still, fair play to Exeter, i haven't seen it yet but i gather it wasn't just our own ineptity that stopped us winning.

Ferguson reckons it was the worst performance he's seen from a Utd side in the Cup since he took over. Maybe that's because he picked the worst team he's ever picked in his time there! Seriously, our reserves are awful really, save for Spector, Rossi and Pique (maybe Richardson/Eagles at an outside chance) none of them have any sort of shot of ever playing reguarly for Utd. And as for the likes of Miller and Djemba, the sooner they fuck off the better.

Here's hoping Fergie puts out a better side in the replay.

Oh, and before anyone says, i realise ineptity isn't a word but i felt a new word needed to be created for the woeful performance.

Note the lack of an arguement from Summers, because he doesn't have one :P

I don't? I could go on to say that if the second goal hadn't come, that they wouldn't have won it, because we'd evened it up. I'd already blasted the team, and have done all day - for the their lack of passion, and fight. I also admitted they played bettere, I just also happen to know that the game wouldn't have ended as it did, if the wrongly allowed goal hadn't of been allowed.

Out of curiousity, after the match did O'Leary say something along the lines of 'I can't fault the lads performances today, they did well and its an exciting adventure for the lads. The squad is still short at the minute and we are 3 or 4 players short, but I've handed a list to the chairman'.

Nothing against him, but he says it everytime Villa lose

Probably because that's why. He can't publicly slate the team, as it'd lower morale in the camp. The other reason is because of the small squad. And because of the lack of depth, only the central midfielder are fighting for places. Angel and Cole play shit, yet have to start.

Oh, and before anyone says, i realise ineptity isn't a word but i felt a new word needed to be created for the woeful performance.

Ineptness :thumbsup:

Some good games today. I would've loved Scunthorpe to have knocked Chelski out but I didn't think they stood a chance even when they were 1-0 up.

Arsenal vs. Stoke City Team News:

ARSENAL

1. Jens Lehmann

27. Emmanuel Eboue

28. Kolo Toure

20. Philippe Senderos

22. Gael Clichy

21. Jermaine Pennant

15. Francesc Fabregas

4. Patrick Vieira

7. Robert Pires

9. Jose Antonio Reyes

11. Robin Van Persie

SUBS

18. Pascal Cygan

24. Manuel Almunia (GK)

31. Justin Hoyte

39. Sebastian Larsson

42. Quincy Owusu-Abeyie

STOKE CITY

15. Steve Simonsen

2. Wayne Thomas

32. Gerry Taggart

22. Lewis Buxton

16. Marcus Hall

17. Darel Russell

19. Chris Greenacre

21. John Halls

3. Clive Clarke

10. Ade Akinbiyi

27. Jason Jarrett

SUBS

1. Ed de Goey (GK)

4. John Eustace

7. Carl Asaba

9. Gifton Noel-Williams

23. Karl Henry

Arsene has put a pretty strong side out for todays game, he obviously does want to win the competition and isn't going to be cock/arrogant like Fergie :P

I wish the game was on Sky because I want to see how Eboue does and hoe Reyes/van Persie work up front together as I believe it is the first time they have played together.

EDIT:

Radio Link

Just click on 'Arsenal'. The Listen Live button doesn't work.

COME ON ARSENAL!

Stoke are making more noise, sometimes I hate the Highbury crowd.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Oh well, the Yeading 'keeper hasn't won a car :(

EDIT - 2-0 to Newcastle, Ameobi with a header. Looks like the dream is over for Yeading unless they can pull a comeback off on par with Jesus of Nazareth.

Edited by MDK