NACW Wrestling on TNT

Guest ncguy

NACW- North American Championship Wrestling

On the eve of the New Year Ted Turner decided his networks needed a new wrestling show since the only WWE foe was NWATNA IMPACT on Friday afternoons. So Ted decide to bring wrestling back to TNT for the first time since WCW Nitro went off the air with a One Hour Tuesday night 10 o’clock show called NACW Real Wrestling as Ted wanted wrestling not this sports entertainment Bullshit we see every week he wanted hard hitting wrestling. Stars from all over the globe were signed quickly with an emphasis on former big names in the old big three of WCW,WWF and ECW. Also building the Junior division is a big deal as that is what made the WCW the WCW with its unique cruiserweight division. Debuting soon will be the first show of the NACW with their first Pay Per View Tradition Never Changes to be held at the end of the month.

Here is the line up for the first episode of NACW Real Wrestling Tuesday Jan. 11th

Tiger Mask 4 vs Adam Windsor

New School(GQ and Chris Cash) vs Carolina Connection(Brandon P and Jeremy V)

Abdullah The Butcher vs A-Train(Hardcore match)

Bill Goldberg vs Rodney Mack

Totally Buffed vs Chris Hero and Dan Severn

Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka

Fans tune in at 10pm Tuesday jan. 11th on TNT

Already? Dude, I'm pretty sure that there's a rule against starting another diary so quickly.

Anyways...your roster doesn't look like something that would get an automatic tv deal, and the matches seem to be completely random.

Hero and Severn? What the fuck influenced that?

Guest mroniimusha

What's wrong with this one:

1: Ted Turner. As most people who've read Mick Foley's first book know, Turner really doesn't know anything about wrestling. He simply throws money at someone and tells them to sort out the wrestling side of it.

2: The roster. It looks like you've taken a bunch of random guys and put them here using the file editor (which is a big no-no). In addition - Abdullah the Butcher vs. A-Train? Bill Goldberg vs. Rodney Mack? Chris Hero and Dan Severn teaming up? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Severn an MMA guy?

To be perfectly honest, the only match on there that looks any good at all is Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka.

3: The backstory. Among other things, you say that Turner's starting this because he wants a rival for WWE. Even Velocity or Heat would annihilate that piece of crap you have as a show.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Severn an MMA guy?

Actually, after ripping him in his XPW diary, I have to defend him here. Severn is actually a fairly accomplished pro wrestler, and a former NWA World Champion, albeit after the belt meant a shadow of what it once did. While the matches make little sense at this point, Severn is a decent, if debatable, choice as a roster member.

NACW is actually a real company in North Carolina with a TV show on Comcast Sports South which goes to every major city in the Southeast.  At least come up with an original name!

NACW Real Wrestling

The Debut kicks off With a big pyro show followed by the big stars(ie Hogan, Goldberg and Sting) greeting the fans outside the arena big pops for all the wrestlers are heard.

Opening up the show is a match between Adam Windsor(H) vs Tiger Mask IV(F)

The match is quick paced and hard hitting in the end Windsor misses and clothsline and Tiger Mask lands the Tiger Suplex for the three count.

** rating

OR=55

CR=39

MQ=71

The New School(H) vs The Carolina Connection(F)

Quick decent Junior Tag Match with back and forth action until the new school begin to cheat with distracting the referee and double team moves finally GQ lands his Powerbomb to DDT Combo Move on Brandon P and gets the win for the NEW SCHOOL.

** rating

OR=52

CR=30

MQ=74

Abdullah The Butcher(F) vs A-Train(H) (Hardcore Match)

Just wild brawling to start around the ringside area chair shoots by both competitors then Abby breaks out the fork to work over A-Trian but eventually A-Trian takes advantage Forking Abby and Delivering The De-Railer for the three count.

** rating

OR=61

CR=62

MQ=60

Bill Goldberg(F) vs Rodney Mack(H)

Quick match with Goldberg landing a few kicks hitting the spear then the jackhammer for the Squash win over Mack.

*** rating

OR=72

CR=70

MQ=74

Totally Buffed(H) vs Chris Hero and Dan Severn(F)

Back and forth action with Hero taking most the punishment until a tag to Severn who begins to lay out both members of Totally Buffed with Suplexs. But then a Low Blow by Luger allows for Totally Buff to set up Severn for their double team Blockbuster Combo move for the cheap three count. Totally Buff Continue to beat the hell out of Hero and Severn until Sting makes the save to a HUGE POP.

**1\2 rating

OR=68

CR=67

MQ=69

Mike Awesome(F) vs Masato Tanaka(H)

Back and Forth action with both men knowing each other very well Awesome gets a near Fall with the Awesome Splash. Tanaka then gains the advantage and lands a Tornado DDT for a big two count. Awesome seals it with a Big Running Awesome Bomb 1-2-3 It’s Over

**3/4

OR=71

CR=69

MQ=75

The Shows Credits come up with a reminder to tune in next week 10PM Tuesdays on TNT

NACW Real Wrestling Jan. 18

David Flair vs Rey Bucanero

Nigel McGuinness vs The Amazing Red

Misawa/Ogawa vs Corino/Anderson

Bill Goldberg vs Homicide

Low Ki vs CM Punk vs AJ Styles (NACW Junior Heavyweight)

Sting vs Lex Luger

10PM Tuesday Jan. 18 on TNT

Tune in and see what happens

Feedback welcome

Fans i hope you are looking forward to out next show i promise it will be great and maybe a few matchs for our first PPV Tradition Never Changes will be announced ne ways keep reading more info coming soon

Also check out my other Diary XPW out with the old in with the new

Untill next time fans keep reading

New talent has just been signed by NACW

The 2 signings are:

The 2004 Tough Enough Winner and recent WWE cut and former MMA Fighter

"The Shooter" Daniel Puder

The other talent addtion to NACW is a well known wrestler who is a former WWF and WCW Heavyweigt champ also a former champ in Japan he is:

"Big Van" Vader

Okay, I'm going to try being constructive here, so...

The Backstory:

Okay, there's been talk of Turner wanting to get back in the 'rassling game, so I'm willing to give you a little slack on the realism side of things. Of course, the involvement of Hogan, Sting, and Goldberg would be a bigger drawing point than ANY of the matches you hyped, but it seems sensible.

The First Card:

The results are just BARELY one step above cut and pasted results from EWR. You MIGHT be able to get away with such short results for a B show like Velocity, Heat, or WCW Thunder, but this was your debut, and we really needed to see what makes NACW unique. This is perhaps your biggest mistake.

As far as writing goes, you're doing okay on the technical aspects. I'm able to understand what you're trying to say, but you need to make what you're saying more interesting. With short match results, you really need to concentrate on your storylines, and I really don't see ANY storylines whatsoever.

Even if you're trying to concentrate on in-ring product (like Ring of Honor), you're not really building to anything. Where are the factions, conflicts, and points of these matches?

Lastly, you don't need to make a separate post for everything. Don't respond to feedback, announce roster changes, and preview your shows in 3-4 separate posts. Combine them, please, and save us all a little time and sanity. (Of course, I just KNOW that this'll be responded to in a separate post... :rolleyes: )

Please, please, please regroup before just blindly going forth. There's a glimmer of hope here that you could put together something interesting. Don't rush it and let it be another pointless, empty diary.

Thanks for your input i am slowing down this diary to re-group add storylines and give myself time to write a better report but ill take your advice and try to imrove this diary from it's geniric strangle hold and turn it into one of the better diary on the board but ne ways Fans keep reading for more NACW

Guest mroniimusha

I don't know whether you're doing this or not, but be absolutely sure that you've researched the people on your roster somewhat before writing matches for them i.e. Low-Ki is a very stiff worker, the Amazing Red is a luchadore (although if I remember rightly he injured his knees and so hasn't been able to do much high-flying stuff)

EDIT: I'd also like to suggest that you read a couple of diaries fully: Golden Boy Wrestling (which is in the Hall of Fame) and the Last Alliance of Wrestling (somewhere in here). Both conniption and rf4 are excellent writers, and you will pick up tips from reading via osmosis, mark my words

Edited by mroniimusha

I don't know whether you're doing this or not, but be absolutely sure that you've researched the people on your roster somewhat before writing matches for them i.e. Low-Ki is a very stiff worker, the Amazing Red is a luchadore (although if I remember rightly he injured his knees and so hasn't been able to do much high-flying stuff)

EDIT: I'd also like to suggest that you read a couple of diaries fully: Golden Boy Wrestling (which is in the Hall of Fame) and the Last Alliance of Wrestling (somewhere in here). Both conniption and rf4 are excellent writers, and you will pick up tips from reading via osmosis, mark my words

Looking for feedback fans also hope to have new show up in the next 24 hours

mroniimusha thanks on your suggestions i feel those diarys have added to my writing ability in some way as it gave me plenty of ideas and stylistic views

As always fans keep reading

Also check out my XPW diary fans

New Show coming ASAP

hey man, dont bother with people going on about who is on your roster, its up to you and for your enjoyment. not a brilliant show, but at least you ain't c & p, with a bit more detail and a couple of weeks maybe you can get some good shows.

Keep it up!

ps. dont have two posts in a row unless it's a show, news etc.