Your favorite Soccer Goal Ever

Monkey D. Lars

Van Basten's goal, we became the Euro Champs that year. Van Basten is one of the best players ever.

Johan Cruijff has made some awesome goals too. Same goes for Thierry Henry and Bergkamp. Also Maradona's dribble-goal against England and Zlatan Ibrahimovic dribbling through the NAC Breda defence in the beginning of this season and scoring an amazing goal. After that goal he went to Juventus.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry's Backheel - Can't remember who against, but he just backheel'd the ball through the defenders legs, and managed to get enough power on it to beat the keeper. It's shown on one of the Sky Plus adverts.

Henry Vs Spurs - Where he ran pretty much the length of the pitch and stuck it in the bottom corner from outside the area.

Bergkamp Vs Argentina - World Cup 98. Magic.

Gazza Vs Scotland - My favorite goal ever. I wasn't interested in football until I decided to sit with my Dad and watch this match (it was England, after all), that goal, and the celebration, will live with me forever.

I have 2 favourite goals, both from Cantona.

#2 is the one he scored where he made a run and then took a shot which went in off the joint between the crossbar and post. Not only was it a fantastic goal the celebration topped it. He just stood on the spot with his arms raised, looking around... as if to say 'yeah, i know i'm great'

Just two personal favourites, might not be amazing, but they'll never get old to me.

If I remember rightly, that second one was against Wimbledon, and was sublime.

It was against Sunderland, Lionel Pirez was in goal.

George Weah for AC Milan, Gooner mentioned this before. Bascially he won the ball whilst defending a corner and went all the way up the field and scored. Insane.

Trevor Sinclair for QPR. This was in the FA cup, I forget the round and opponents but it was in the same year as Beckhams goal against Wimbledon, thus why this was overlooked as goal of the year. Anyway Sinclair scored with an overhead volley from outside the area. Truly amazing.