New Star Trek film in the works!

TMM

LEAVE STAR TREK ALONE. STOP MAKING THINGS.

FUCKING AMERICANS. DON'T KNOW WHEN TO LET IT GO.

STAR TREK IS OVER. AND IT ROCKED UP TO AND NOT INCLUDING ENTERPRISE. EVERYTHING ELSE IS GOLD. EVEN VOYAGER, WHICH IS LIKE WHITE GOLD, NOT QUITE PURE, BUT GOLD NONE THE LESS.

I LOVE STAR TREK, I LOVE IT ENOUGH TO KNOW IT'S TIME TO STOP.

Get the knot out of your pointed ears, man!

It's going to bomb like Dean Douglas, and it will be quietly swept underneath the Jefris tubes, never to be mentoined again.

But it will exist, which means I will have to own it. Which means I will have to watch it.

You can't deny the logic. -_- Sometimes even knowing that these things exist is bad enough.

You don't HAVE to own it.

I'm a big trekkie, but I wouldn't be caught dead the Star Trek TMP or Star Trek V in my collection.

But it will exist, which means I will have to own it. Which means I will have to watch it.

You can't deny the logic. -_- Sometimes even knowing that these things exist is bad enough.

You don't HAVE to own it.

I'm a big trekkie, but I wouldn't be caught dead the Star Trek TMP or Star Trek V in my collection.

I will have to own it as well. No matter the shiteness of the film...I'll buy it. Hell, I'll probably end up buying Enterprise on DVD. Well, once the boxsets come down to a fiver a season of course :D

Do I like the episode Shades of Gray, no, Do I own it on VHS and DVD? Yes. Why? I'm a trekkie.

On the whole do I like Star Trek TOS novels? No, do I own fifty-odd? Yes. Why? I'm a trekkie.

Do have have a VHS player? No. Do I own the Star Trek video board game? Yes. Why? I'm a trekkie.

Do I drink from a mug in the shape of Quarks head? No, do I OWN a mug in the shape of quarks head? Yes? why? I'm a trekkie.

Do I like the episode Shades of Gray, no, Do I own it on VHS and DVD? Yes. Why? I'm a trekkie.

On the whole do I like Star Trek TOS novels? No, do I own fifty-odd? Yes. Why? I'm a trekkie.

Do have have a VHS player? No. Do I own the Star Trek video board game? Yes. Why? I'm a trekkie.

Do I drink from a mug in the shape of Quarks head? No, do I OWN a mug in the shape of quarks head? Yes? why? I'm a trekkie.

My love for you has increased ten-fold.

Tonight, my mission is to watch several episodes of DS9 season 1 and then order season 2 with the £20 Amazon.co.uk voucher I bribed my brother into giving me for free. :D

I had 2 posters....one for Deep Space Nine, the other for TNG.

Anyways, I've seen all the Star Trek movies in the theater since 5 (give me a break, I was two when Star Trek IV came out); read "The Return" by Shatner (Fucking cool book, btw), and even defended the honor of Star Trek by dressing up (And subsquently getting flamed) in a TNG era uniform (I wore yellow, which of course means operations/security) My Rank: Commander. Why? Everyone's a Captain (or above).

At least I didn't dare don the red TOS uniform..... <_<

A TNG commander with a yellow operations/security uniform?

Surely the highest rank a yellow-shirt could be would be Lieutenant Commander. A Commander would automatically have a red uniform for, well, command.

Yes, I shall be pedantic about Star Trek uniforms if I want to.

I could of course be wrong, but I shall ignore that possibility for the time being. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

A TNG commander with a yellow operations/security uniform?

Surely the highest rank a yellow-shirt could be would be Lieutenant Commander. A Commander would automatically have a red uniform for, well, command.

Yes, I shall be pedantic about Star Trek uniforms if I want to.

I could of course be wrong, but I shall ignore that possibility for the time being. :shifty:

Not neccisarily...

Bear in mind that Crusher was a Commander (even though she was the Chief Medical Officer, she STILL was a Commander none-the-less).

And, IIRC, Data was a full fleged Commander in Insurrection (But somehow got reduced in rank to Lt. Commander) and still wore yellow........

Hmmm....

Still....

Better than the red shirt on TOS....

OK you have to wear the uniforms in early DS9 and in Voyager, those are the badass ones. Screw the new ones with the grey shoulder bands, the ones in DS9 and Voyager were the best ones.

Which raises the question, when Voyager got to contact Starfleet via that jumping communication belt, they saw the new uniforms, why did they not change theirs to observe protocol?

OK you have to wear the uniforms in early DS9 and in Voyager, those are the badass ones. Screw the new ones with the grey shoulder bands, the ones in DS9 and Voyager were the best ones.

Which raises the question, when Voyager got to contact Starfleet via that jumping communication belt, they saw the new uniforms, why did they not change theirs to observe protocol?

I asked that question too, seeing how they first introduced the uniforms in First Contact (Which would've been at the begining of Season Two for Voyager); they probably didnt' have the materials to do it. As long as they had the UNIFORM and followed (the big) regulations, I figure Janeway (and Starfleet) could make an exception to that.

I know the uniforms you're talking about, too. The jumpsuit ones with the Department color on top, and the black below it.

What's screwy is they used both the 3rd season on TNG Uniforms AND the Voyager/DS9 uniforms in Star Trek: Generations.

Counting the begining of the movie, that's 3 different Star Fleet Uniforms that make an appearnce.

Although, I do like the ones with the grey armbands....something about them.

Rather wear that then the red TOS shirt....

Did ya know that Jonathan Frakes (Riker) had to borrow Avery Brooks' (Sisko) DS9 uniform to film Generations? I have no idea why, something about they wanted to make a totally new uniform but plans were scrapped, so they just borrowed the uniforms from DS9, explaining why there are two bloody sets in the film.

I always liked the uniforms from TOS films. I thought they looked quite nice.

Still, anything's better than having to wear the red TOS uniforms...

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

Did ya know that Jonathan Frakes (Riker) had to borrow Avery Brooks' (Sisko) DS9 uniform to film Generations? I have no idea why, something about they wanted to make a totally new uniform but plans were scrapped, so they just borrowed the uniforms from DS9, explaining why there are two bloody sets in the film.

I always liked the uniforms from TOS films. I thought they looked quite nice.

Still, anything's better than having to wear the red TOS uniforms...

I always thought the cheesy one was the uniforms from The Motion Picture.

Does the same red shirt fate apply to the extras on Enterprise? I never watch it (Since I view it as a bastard child of Gene Rodenberry).

I don't recall noticing any excessive demises of random nobodies on Enterprise, regardless of uniform.

Evidentally they've gone soft since TOS. <_< At least DS9 kept the meaningless bodycount up with periodic massacres of Bajoran security guards.

Commanders wear red. Commanders always wear red. That's because to be a commander, you're part of Command. They were red.

The reason Crusher wears blue is two-fold.

1, she's a Crusher. They're immune from plot contiuity and starfleet regulations.

2, she's part of Starfleet Medical. They always wear blue, so you can tell who they are when you're dying and in need of aid.

:P

Commanders wear red. Commanders always wear red. That's because to be a commander, you're part of Command. They were red.

The reason Crusher wears blue is two-fold.

1, she's a Crusher. They're immune from plot contiuity and starfleet regulations.

2, she's part of Starfleet Medical. They always wear blue, so you can tell who they are when you're dying and in need of aid.

:P

Then again....

Isn't Troi (Deanna, not Wil <_< ) a Commander?

She still wears the blue.

And she's not medical. (But she is the ships hand-holder)

I would assume being the ships counsellor is still "medical" in the sense that it's your mental health.

I always thought that anyone could be a commander so long as they passed that test that Troi eventually passed.

True.

At least in Enterprise they kept the TOS color schemes, eg Archer wearing Yellow for command.

I would've had the ranks on the wrists, like they did with TOS, instead of putting them on the neck...but that's me.